PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen at 101 awards

Zouk
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Showed up at black-tie event in tuxedo T-shirt and jeans. Not the best way to demonstrate to management that you're mature enough for the level of financial committment you're looking for. It probably won't affect anything one way or another, but if I was his agent I'd be pissed.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/03/10/from_the_10108/

Jared Allen showed up to receive the Derrick Thomas MVP award as the Chiefs top player in the 2007 season. And he did it in typical Jared Allen fashion. While the evening is a black-tie affair, Allen showed up in blue jeans with a tuxedo t-shirt. The only thing missing was a baseball cap.

RedDread
03-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Honestly I would be more surprised if he showed up well dressed.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
That's his personality. I could care less what he wears as long as he is putting opposing QB's in the ground.

At least he showed up:

"although this year half of the award winners did not bother to show up to receive their honor."

El Jefe
03-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Showed up at black-tie event in tuxedo T-shirt and jeans. Not the best way to demonstrate to management that you're mature enough for the level of financial committment you're looking for. It probably won't affect anything one way or another, but if I was his agent I'd be pissed.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/03/10/from_the_10108/

Jared Allen showed up to receive the Derrick Thomas MVP award as the Chiefs top player in the 2007 season. And he did it in typical Jared Allen fashion. While the evening is a black-tie affair, Allen showed up in blue jeans with a tuxedo t-shirt. The only thing missing was a baseball cap.

QFT. I think it's a bit disrespectful to DT, to recieve his award in casual clothes like it doesn't mean enough for you to dress nice. You can say what you want about him being him, it's a matter of class (once again my opinion).

MIAdragon
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TEE_BLZT/7056~Tuxedo-Posters.jpg

:shake:

beach tribe
03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I love JA.

Screw em.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Jared keeps playing this all wrong. He's got to stand up to Carl. He shouldn't have showed up.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
QFT. I think it's a bit disrespectful to DT, to recieve his award in casual clothes like it doesn't mean enough for you to dress nice. You can say what you want about him being him, it's a matter of class (once again my opinion).

Disresepctful to DT? I bet DT would have wanted Allen to get paid.

Zouk
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Jared keeps playing this all wrong. He's got to stand up to Carl. He shouldn't have showed up.

To accomplish what?

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
To accomplish what?

Force a deal or trade.

Brock
03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Disresepctful to DT? I bet DT would have wanted Allen to get paid.

He didn't want Neil Smith to get paid.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I take this as a big middle finger in the air. "I'm Jared Allen, bitches".

I think it's funny as Hell, not very bright, but funny, none-the-less.

MIAdragon
03-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Force a deal or trade.

because THATS the right way to play it. :shake:

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
He didn't want Neil Smith to get paid.

He would have if they were in the midst of a 9 game losing streak.

Zouk
03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Force a deal or trade.

In my opinion not showing up is definitely the wrong way to go about getting a deal from the Chiefs. It might be the right way to work towards getting a trade, but based on the fact that the Chiefs currently have only 1 other defensive end on the roster, that ain't happening this season. If I'm his agent I'm focused on getting a long-term deal from the Chiefs before Jared gets hurt or makes a bad decision. I would not want to have Jared in the same position next offseason.

dj56dt58
03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Who the **** cares? It's his award he can dress however the **** he wants.

beach tribe
03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Amen

Micjones
03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
The sense of entitlement around here.

Brock
03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, he can dress however he wants. That doesn't make him less of an idiot for doing it.

Woodrow Call
03-10-2008, 11:37 AM
At least he wasn't drunk....

Hays
03-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Does it really matter what he wears? yes what you wear makes a certain impression of yourself, but everyone knows JA is not a fancy dress up guy. To me there is nothing wrong with this.

Allen should get his money and this should not even factor into anything.

InChiefsHell
03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
So, he's a moron. Can he play DE? Yes? Then who gives a crap...

Dartgod
03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Much to do about nothing.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
The Chiefs are the ones making this a big deal, are they not? They posted the article on THEIR website. Just more in a long line of Carl's publicity stunts to try and discredit JA.

Direckshun
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
God, you people wagging your finger at him sound like my grandmother sometimes.

Delano
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Stunts like this probably make the founding fathers of the NFL roll around in their graves.

jidar
03-10-2008, 12:10 PM
give him a break. Until he gets the big contract he can't afford to buy a suit.

Coach
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Nice....

Zouk
03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
The Chiefs are the ones making this a big deal, are they not? They posted the article on THEIR website. Just more in a long line of Carl's publicity stunts to try and discredit JA.

I don't think they are making a big deal out of it. Gretz writes 3 columns a week. It's perfectly normal for him to write about the 101 awards. If you're writing about it, it would be weird not to point out that although the hosts requested black tie, one notable person decided to show up in jeans.

chiefqueen
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM

I wonder if Jake Long, Terry Long, and the other top draft picks will be able to use that excuse with Goodell when they go to NYC to attend the draft next month.

StcChief
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
did his socks and shoes have holes in them too....

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't think they are making a big deal out of it. Gretz writes 3 columns a week. It's perfectly normal for him to write about the 101 awards. If you're writing about it, it would be weird not to point out that although the hosts requested black tie, one notable person decided to show up in jeans.I wouldn't know about it unless they pointed it out and they did it on their own website. They made a point about discussing Jared Allen's attire, did they not? Gretz is a company man who tows the line-are you suggesting they couldn't have discussed the awards ceremony and not mentioned anybody's attire? How come I didn't read about carl's attire? hmmm. Carl and his lackies are so transparent-it's funny some can't see that.

Zouk
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't know about it unless they pointed it out and they did it on their own website. They made a point about discussing Jared Allen's attire, did they not? Gretz is a company man who tows the line-are you suggesting they couldn't have discussed the awards ceremony and not mentioned anybody's attire? How come I didn't read about carl's attire? hmmm. Carl and his lackies are so transparent-it's funny some can't see that.

Seeing as it was a black tie requested event, you can assume that Carl and everyone else wore black tie.

blueballs
03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
immaturity is why he hasn't been paid yet

chasedude
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Signs, Signs everywhere are signs. Do this, don't do that can't you read the signs?

Who cares if he wore jeans and a t-shirt! Some of you sound like the old church ladies that gave me crap for showing up to church in jeans and a t-shirt. God doesn't care what I'm wearing as long as I'm here. That used to shut them up good.

Good for JA standing up for what he is!

4321 all the rest!

Chiefnj2
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
immaturity is why he hasn't been paid yet

That, and the little thing about 35 million in guaranteed money.

BigRock
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
First of all, let me say I couldn't care less what Jared Allen wears and I think his outfit is funny.

But trying to "discredit him"? They stated a fact: Allen showed up to the awards show in a silly outfit. You think if the KC Star, or ESPN, or SI had done a story on this that they wouldn't have mentioned how Allen was dressed?

If you see something about his behavior that's "discrediting", then that's on Jared Allen for doing it. It isn't on the website that happened to point it out to you.

Bob Dole
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
It would have been funnier if he showed up in a powder blue tux.

CoMoChief
03-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Who ****ing cares?

Chief Faithful
03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Where do you think Allen is from NE? Allen lives in Kansas City and plays football; the outfit sounds appropriate to me.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
First of all, let me say I couldn't care less what Jared Allen wears and I think his outfit is funny.

But trying to "discredit him"? They stated a fact: Allen showed up to the awards show in a silly outfit. You think if the KC Star, or ESPN, or SI had done a story on this that they wouldn't have mentioned how Allen was dressed?

If you see something about his behavior that's "discrediting", then that's on Jared Allen for doing it. It isn't on the website that happened to point it out to you.
THEY took issue with it or they wouldn't have pointed it, now would they? It's how Carl works-he'll stoop to any level to give himself any kind of leverage. This isn't some new revelation regarding Carl and his motives.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Seeing as it was a black tie requested event, you can assume that Carl and everyone else wore black tie.A request is a request. Mandatory is mandatory. This a non-story, but some want to take issue with, mainly the Chiefs FO, hence their article pointing it out in the first place.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
THEY took issue with it or they wouldn't have pointed it, now would they? It's how Carl works-he'll stoop to any level to give himself any kind of leverage. This isn't some new revelation regarding Carl and his motives.
If Jared Allen wants to show up at a formal event dressed like an idiot, any attention it brings is no one's fault but his own.

Braincase
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
He can wear whatever the **** he wants, so long as one of those things is a ****ing seatbelt.

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Showed up at black-tie event in tuxedo T-shirt and jeans. Not the best way to demonstrate to management that you're mature enough for the level of financial committment you're looking for.

Yes because everyone knows that dressing well is directly related to how a football player performs on the field. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I take this as a big middle finger in the air. "I'm Jared Allen, bitches".

I think it's funny as Hell, not very bright, but funny, none-the-less.

Who the **** cares? It's his award he can dress however the **** he wants.

Signs, Signs everywhere are signs. Do this, don't do that can't you read the signs?

Who cares if he wore jeans and a t-shirt! Some of you sound like the old church ladies that gave me crap for showing up to church in jeans and a t-shirt. God doesn't care what I'm wearing as long as I'm here. That used to shut them up good.

Good for JA standing up for what he is!

4321 all the rest!

Who ****ing cares?

Typical Chiefsplanet hypocrisy in play.

If it had been Larry Johnson that had shown up in Sean Jean and jeans (along with gold bracelets and necklaces), there would be 30 pages proclaiming him to be a punk-ass thug. But Good Ol' Boy Jared Allen gets a pass for poor behavior. What a shock. :rolleyes:

Additionally, the 101 Banquet honors all NFL players and coaches - not just those from Kansas City. It's been around for over 38 years; it's not just some flash in the pan awards dinner.

A very close friend of mine went to the 101 Banquet as a guest of Mike McCarty. HE had to rent and get fitted for a tux (and his wife had to buy a dress for the evening). That mere fact that Jared Allen (or any NFL player) would show up in jeans and a t-shirt is completely disrespectful, to say the least and most certainly displays his lack of maturity.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes because everyone knows that dressing well is directly related to how a football player performs on the field. :rolleyes:No, but it might speak to your maturity level. And considering Jared Allen is one bad off-field decision away from a 1 year suspension, I think it's certainly something to take note of while determining if you want to hand him a $35 million signing bonus.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
obviously no one watches the hollywood crowd.....the artistic types do this kind of stuff all the time.

who cares.....and beside's it's the 101 awards....they're lucky he bothered to show at all.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 01:07 PM

If it had been Larry Johnson that had shown up in Sean Jean and jeans (along with gold bracelets and necklaces), there would be 30 pages proclaiming him to be a punk-ass thug. But Good Ol' Boy Jared Allen gets a pass for poor behavior. What a shock. :rolleyes:

Additionally, the 101 Banquet honors all NFL players and coaches - not just those from Kansas City. It's been around for over 38 years; it's not just some flash in the pan awards dinner.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

BigRock
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
THEY took issue with it or they wouldn't have pointed it, now would they?
Anyone who covered the event would have pointed out that one of the award winners showed up in a silly outfit.

And that post about LJ is dead-on.

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
No, but it might speak to your maturity level. And considering Jared Allen is one bad off-field decision away from a 1 year suspension, I think it's certainly something to take note of while determining if you want to hand him a $35 million signing bonus.

Really? You get all that from one event and one comment by me?

ROFL

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
No, but it might speak to your maturity level. And considering Jared Allen is one bad off-field decision away from a 1 year suspension, I think it's certainly something to take note of while determining if you want to hand him a $35 million signing bonus.

I didn't really touch much on your comment about JA here. Yeah, he is a risk. He did do a good job of showing maturity last year in staying clean and getting in better shape. I think that says much more about him than showing up in "unapproved" attire. I think you all are blowing things way out of proportion. Loosen up.

And FTR, I would never have done something like that. I am a jeans and tshirt kind of guy. But I like to look good and would have on an occasion like this. I just don't get overly worked up over JA's one trivial little event like this.

Uncle_Ted
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Regardless of whether you guys care about what he wore or not, this was meant as a big "f*** you" to King Carl, and they both know it.

To show such blatant disrespect while receiving the team MVP, named after one of the most beloved players in Chiefs history, is a message to Carl and the fans that he hasn't grown up, and that he doesn't want to be a part of Chiefs organization.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe he's more shrewd than we give him credit for ... a few more stunts like this to alienate the fan base will make it easier for King Carl to let him go.

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:17 PM

If it had been Larry Johnson that had shown up in Sean Jean and jeans (along with gold bracelets and necklaces), there would be 30 pages proclaiming him to be a punk-ass thug.

I would not have cared if LJ did that.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Really? You get all that from one event and one comment by me?

ROFLThat was a global "your". It wasn't meant to be aimed at you. It should probably be replaced with "a person's".

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Regardless of whether you guys care about what he wore or not, this was meant as a big "f*** you" to King Carl, and they both know it.

To show such blatant disrespect while receiving the team MVP, named after one of the most beloved players in Chiefs history, is a message to Carl and the fans that he hasn't grown up, and that he doesn't want to be a part of Chiefs organization.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe he's more shrewd than we give him credit for ... a few more stunts like this to alienate the fan base will make it easier for King Carl to let him go.

And a big f*** you to King Carl is different than 99% of the posters on this bb feel about Carl Peterson? Explain please?

Woodrow Call
03-10-2008, 01:20 PM

A very close friend of mine went to the 101 Banquet as a guest of Mike McCarty. HE had to rent and get fitted for a tux (and his wife had to buy a dress for the evening). That mere fact that Jared Allen (or any NFL player) would show up in jeans and a t-shirt is completely disrespectful, to say the least and most certainly displays his lack of maturity.

QFT

Lzen
03-10-2008, 01:21 PM
That was a global "your". It wasn't meant to be aimed at you. It should probably be replaced with "a person's".

Ah, ok. That's fair. See my next post after that for my opinion on JA's maturity.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
And a big f*** you to King Carl is different than 99% of the posters on this bb feel about Carl Peterson? Explain please?
I'm not a fan of Peterson. I'll be glad the day he's gone. But if I were to ever get an opportunity to meet him, I probably wouldn't show up wearing a t-shirt that says "f*ck you, Carl".

At least for me, it's about common courtesy, manners, respect, etc.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM

:clap: :wayne:

bobbything
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Only half the players showed up for their award(s)? Must be a real important event to everyone :rolleyes:

So long as he performs on the field, I personally don't give a crap about anything in that story. This is much, much, much ado about absolutely nothing. Just something else for everyone to complain about.

Der Flöprer
03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Lots of over reactions. Who gives a shit if he's not a monkey suit kind of guy? As long as he's not drinking and driving, or smackin some ho, I don't give 2 shits how he dresses. Neither should any of you.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Actually, I don't see anything that looks like an over-reaction. I just see some people saying it makes him look immature, which it does.

I doubt any Chiefs fans are going to stop cheering for the guy over this. That doesn't mean we have to pretend he can do no wrong though.

Bump
03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
at least he didn't get a DUI afterwards! I think he might have learned his lesson, I think...I hope. He still deserves a long term deal and I want him to be a Chief for life!

Brock
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
The only people who think tux t-shirts are still funny are stupid drunks.

Frazod
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I know Allen likes to foster the image of himself as a blue collar guy, but he isn't. He's a multi-millionaire entertainer who showed up at a black tie event hosted by his employer dressed like a f#cking clown.

It's embarrassing.

keg in kc
03-10-2008, 02:44 PM
This jackass can't get traded soon enough.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:06 PM
See the article is already working. It's getting some fans upset with Jared Allen and that is the entire purpose to point out JA maturity level. Carl has some of you all by the balls. Can JA play? Yes he can-well enough to be paid big bucks, but it's becoming increasingly obvious Carl isn't going to sign him long-term, hence pointing anything and everything that Jared Allen is doing wrong. A team that wants his services should be "courting him" so-to-speak. They are doing the opposite and scrutinizing the shit out of him. I'm sure somewhere Gretz is doing lab work on Jared's stool sample.

Look like I said earlier, it's not very bright of him to do this and I NEVER thought tuxedo shirts were/are funny in the first place, but I do love a good up yours to Carl and his posse, so yes, I find a great deal of humor in him wearing a stupid ass shirt to black-tie affair. BFD.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
See the article is already working. It's getting some fans upset with Jared Allen and that is the entire purpose to point out JA maturity level. Carl has some of you all by the balls. Can JA play? Yes he can-well enough to be paid big bucks, but it's becoming increasingly obvious Carl isn't going to sign him long-term, hence pointing anything and everything that Jared Allen is doing wrong. A team that wants his services should be "courting him" so-to-speak. They are doing the opposite and scrutinizing the shit out of him. I'm sure somewhere Gretz is doing lab work on Jared's stool sample.

Look like I said earlier, it's not very bright of him to do this and I NEVER thought tuxedo shirts were/are funny in the first place, but I do love a good up yours to Carl and his posse, so yes, I find a great deal of humor in him wearing a stupid ass shirt to black-tie affair. BFD.

Yay! Jared Allen told Carl Peterson FU! :shake:

The last time I checked, Jared Allen is an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs organization. And while Carl Peterson may be the current president, Clark Hunt and family (along with his late father, Lamar) don't deserve to be treated with such irreverent disrespect.

I couldn't give two sh*ts about the Gretz article and I don't care who reported this, KCChiefs.com, the AP, ESPN or the KC Star.

It's just another glaring example of Jared Allen's lack of maturity.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Yay! Jared Allen told Carl Peterson FU! :shake:

The last time I checked, Jared Allen is an employee of the Kansas City Chiefs organization. And while Carl Peterson may be the current president, Clark Hunt and family (along with his late father, Lamar) don't deserve to be treated with such irreverent disrespect.

I couldn't give two sh*ts about the Gretz article and I don't care who reported this, KCChiefs.com, the AP, ESPN or the KC Star.

It's just another glaring example of Jared Allen's lack of maturity.
No, it's propoganda that is working, obviously. Carl is a shrewd prima-donna douche who hasn't exactly been endorsing Jared these days-great employer. Sorry, but this is such a stupid ass story line to get worked up over-it's hilarious. Again, BFD.

OmahaChief
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Count me in with the "I turned on Allen" crowd. An adult does not disrepect his employer in this manor. If any of us did that kind of thing there is a good chance there would be some serious fallout. Likewise if we were bucking for raise there is no way anyone would show up like this to an event sponsored by our employers.

Let's be honest. What the guy was doing was trying to force Carl's hand by trying to clown him and the Chiefs at this event. A total lack of respect by a guy that wants to be the matyr.

Personally I was tired with his act before last season with his DUI crap and am still tired of his worn out prima donna act. Can he play ball on Sundays's sure but there comes a point where the team does not need the distraction.

88TG88
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Took the words right outta my mouth.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Count me in with the "I turned on Allen" crowd. An adult does not disrepect his employer in this manor. If any of us did that kind of thing there is a good chance there would be some serious fallout. Likewise if we were bucking for raise there is no way anyone would show up like this to an event sponsored by our employers.

Let's be honest. What the guy was doing was trying to force Carl's hand by trying to clown him and the Chiefs at this event. A total lack of respect by a guy that wants to be the matyr.

Personally I was tired with his act before last season with his DUI crap and am still tired of his worn out prima donna act. Can he play ball on Sundays's sure but there comes a point where the team does not need the distraction.
And leave it to the team to help point it all out for you. Carl is very shrewd. He's laying the groundwork for a trade and Jared seems to be saying, please do, you can't trade me soon enough. If I worked for Carl, I'd want out, too.

Brock
03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Carl is very shrewd.

Actually he isn't. At all.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Took the words right outta my mouth.

That's bullshit, because most all think Larry is a douche all on his own-it doesn't have a damn thing to do with how he dresses-it's how he ACTS.

Again, I called Jared out for his behavior, I just didn't freak out over what he did or didn't wear like some are. What is this, Chiefsplanet or the E channel? And now back to Joan on the red carpet...

jspchief
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
And leave it to the team to help point it all out for you. Carl is very shrewd. He's laying the groundwork for a trade and Jared seems to be saying, please do, you can't trade me soon enough. If I worked for Carl, I'd want out, too.
If Allen didn't give them the ammunition, they wouldn't have anything to work with. Regardless of what the FO's intentions are, Jared Allen is the one that showed up dressed for a WWE event.

As for Allen wanting to go somewhere else, every other team in the league is going to have the same concerns about his off-field decision making that the Chiefs do. Showing up at a formal NFL function in a t-shirt isn't exactly building a resume, regardless of what team he ends up with.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually he isn't. At all.No he kept his job for twenty plus years belittling players along the way because he's a shiny, happy, person that can do no wrong.

Dartgod
03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I can see that the off-season is in full swing now. People are all up in arms over a T-shirt...lol. This happens every year right before the draft.

Brock
03-10-2008, 03:53 PM
No he kept his job for twenty plus years belittling players along the way because he's a shiny, happy, person that can do no wrong.

You think that means he's "shrewd"? I don't think you know what "shrewd" means.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
If Allen didn't give them the ammunition, they wouldn't have anything to work with. Regardless of what the FO's intentions are, Jared Allen is the one that showed up dressed for a WWE event.

As for Allen wanting to go somewhere else, every other team in the league is going to have the same concerns about his off-field decision making that the Chiefs do. Showing up at a formal NFL function in a t-shirt isn't exactly building a resume, regardless of what team he ends up with.
Some how I don't really think Andy Reid gives a shit about how JA dresses at an awards banquet-I think he's more concerned with how he plays on Sundays.

Again it is disrspectful, but let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Will some admit that the propoganda machine is working and laying the groundwork for JA's trade? I think it's inevitiable at this point.

BigRock
03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
See the article is already working. It's getting some fans upset with Jared Allen
JARED ALLEN'S BEHAVIOR is getting some fans upset with Jared Allen. This attempt to turn the whole thing into some kind of Carl conspiracy is hilarious.

Hey, maybe Allen didn't even plan to dress that way. Maybe Carl's thugs knocked him out before the banquet, tore off his tux, and dressed him funny so Carl could use the world wide web to disseminate his anti-Allen propaganda. ROFL

Did you even read what was written?

That Allen showed up at all was a good sign. He continues to spend his off-season in Arizona while his agent works on a new contract with the Chiefs. While Allen tends to take these things personally, it was good to see him appear and accept the honor that came from his teammates.

Gretz wasn't even negative about how Allen was dressed. He was just stating it as a matter of fact. And then he complimented Allen for showing up and referred to it as a "good sign".

Oh man, they're just trashing him left and right over there. Carl's clearly trying to run him right out of town!

BigChiefFan
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
You think that means he's "shrewd"? I don't think you know what "shrewd" means.
Jesus Christ, now I need to give credentials on knowing what the definition of the word shrewd is. There's twenty ****ing years of proof of his shrewdness, Tait, Neil Smith, Schottenheimer, Grbac, Vermeil, the fans, etc... and how he handled those situations. Carl Peterson is a very shrewd businessman. Nothing gets in his way. He throws them all under the bus.

Dartgod
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Will some admit that the propoganda machine is working and laying the groundwork for JA's trade? I think it's inevitiable at this point.
I'd say there's some truth to that...

This jackass can't get traded soon enough.

CoMoChief
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Wrong LJ is a thug regardless of what he wears. Dressing like LJ is disrespectful if you are going to a grocery store.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
No, it's propoganda that is working, obviously. Carl is a shrewd prima-donna douche who hasn't exactly been endorsing Jared these days-great employer. Sorry, but this is such a stupid ass story line to get worked up over-it's hilarious. Again, BFD.

Really? I guess you didn't read my entire post.

First off, I had already heard that this jackass showed up in a T-Shirt because if you'd read my post, basically my oldest living friend from childhood attended as a guest of Mike McCarthy.

Now if HE had to go out and rent a tux (and his wife purchase a gown), why should Jared Allen get a pass for showing up in a freakin' T-shirt? I certainly know that I would be pissed if I spent several hundred dollars for clothes to a black-tie affair (not to mention the entry fee for the event), only to have MY hometown player show up in a freakin' T-shirt.

It shows poor judgment, poor decision making skills and irreverence to anyone associated with the Chiefs, the Hunt family and the people who've put on the 101 Banquet for the past 38 years.

If YOU choose to dismiss this behavior, good for you. But in my opinion, it just shows that he hasn't matured and that this jackass doesn't deserve a huge guaranteed contract.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Wrong LJ is a thug regardless of what he wears. Dressing like LJ is disrespectful if you are going to a grocery store.

Are you fu*king serious?

keg in kc
03-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd say there's some truth to that...I would have traded him last year if it was at all possible, so nothing he does or they write now has any real impact on my opinion.

He's an overrated player who's popular primarily because the fanbase can associate with him. Hey, I get it, he'd be great to have a beer with. That doesn't change the fact that he's a disaster waiting to happen if he gets a long term deal. And I say let him be some other team's disaster.

KC Tattoo
03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Jared Allen wouldn't wear a tux to his own wedding. He is just being himself, he is not the type of person to wear a tux it's against his rednick persona.
I don't think JA intentionally tried to disrespect the event, in his own mind he is just being who he is.

Mecca
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Are you fu*king serious?

Kinda funny considering what Allen has done is far worse than what LJ has done off the field, yet LJ is the thug...

What's the difference that one is black and one is white?

Halfcan
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
OMG Jeans-he really IS a young man at risk.

OmahaChief
03-10-2008, 06:51 PM

I have no problem with them pointing it out. I love the guy when he is playing but all the extra crap is getting to be a bit much. One DE does not make or brake this team as it is. We need so much help if he is gone and we get something in return it might be OK

InChiefsHell
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Kinda funny considering what Allen has done is far worse than what LJ has done off the field, yet LJ is the thug...

What's the difference that one is black and one is white?

Didn't LJ pistol whip some chick or something, like his first season here?

...and No, I'm not giving Jared a pass. Like I said, he's a fuggin' idiot, but he sho' can play DE...I think him wearing this to a nice event just shows his redneck-ness, which some people like about him. I just like watching him play some football...

Fruit Ninja
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM

What's the difference that one is black and one is white?People only see what they wanna see. Gotta love how the world works.

btw, go Jared go, its a business, treat it like one. also, **** suits.

Uncle_Ted
03-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Carl doesn't sign my paycheck. I'm not asking Carl to write me a check for $35 million (or whatever guaranteed money JA wanted from the Chiefs).

Big difference.

Brock
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Jesus Christ, now I need to give credentials on knowing what the definition of the word shrewd is. There's twenty ****ing years of proof of his shrewdness, Tait, Neil Smith, Schottenheimer, Grbac, Vermeil, the fans, etc... and how he handled those situations. Carl Peterson is a very shrewd businessman. Nothing gets in his way. He throws them all under the bus.

None of those things mean he's "shrewd". In fact, many of them prove quite the opposite. Your hatred of Peterson is affecting your thinking.

KcMizzou
03-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Jared behaved like a high school kid who shows up to prom in a baby blue leisure suit and sneakers. Was it unproffesional? Yeah. Immature? Yeah.

But, you know... he's a football player, not a stock broker. I don't really care.

Another DUI... a bar fight... would be an issue. This, not so much.

go bowe
03-11-2008, 12:40 AM

Personally I was tired with his act before last season with his DUI crap and am still tired of his worn out prima donna act. Can he play ball on Sundays's sure but there comes a point where the team does not need the distraction.so, we don't need 15.5 sacks because he's a distraction?

where can we get a few more distractions like jared allen?

seriously, we could use them...

blueballs
03-11-2008, 01:36 AM
BigChiefFan is going to go all Heavens Gate
or some such shit
that is some far out thinking

KC Kings
03-11-2008, 07:51 AM

This post is a perfect example of propaganda doing it's job.

Of course the bad boy Rocafella image is what Larry wants people to think about him, so I guess it is ok. LJ throws up the diamond and hangs out with Jay-Z in New York to try to portray himself as a thug and make people forget that he never sold crack, had a father that supported, that he is a college graduate and multi-millionare.

KC Kings
03-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Jared behaved like a high school kid who shows up to prom in a baby blue leisure suit and sneakers. Was it unproffesional? Yeah. Immature? Yeah.

But, you know... he's a football player, not a stock broker. I don't really care.

Another DUI... a bar fight... would be an issue. This, not so much.

JA should take some fashion lessons from Victor Riley. I saw him a couple of years back in the best looking suit I have ever seen. His shoes alone cost more than my car, and he looked very mature and professional.

Of course he was on his way into the courthouse on charges for ramming his car into his pregnant wife, but he looked GREAT!

bobbything
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Seven pages deep and this topic is still stupid. The off-season is teh rockssss!

Chiefs_5627
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
This post is a perfect example of propaganda doing it's job.

Of course the bad boy Rocafella image is what Larry wants people to think about him, so I guess it is ok. LJ throws up the diamond and hangs out with Jay-Z in New York to try to portray himself as a thug and make people forget that he never sold crack, had a father that supported, that he is a college graduate and multi-millionare.

*Jay-z, has nothing to do with Rocafella now.

KC Kings
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
*Jay-z, has nothing to do with Rocafella now.

Somebody needs to let the webmaster at http://www.rocafella.com/ know.