PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton with ties to prostituition ring

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Sources say Spitzer is like a mentor to her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/nyregion/10cnd-spitzer.html?em&ex=1205294400&en=d0917c3b73427b6a&ei=5087%0A

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

By DANNY HAKIM and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
Published: March 10, 2008

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer has informed his most senior administration officials that he had been involved in a prostitution ring, an administration official said this morning.
Skip to next paragraph
Enlarge This Image
Nathaniel Brooks for The New York Times

Governor Eliot Spitzer at a news conference in July 2007.

Mr. Spitzer, who was huddled with his top aides inside his Fifth Avenue apartment early this afternoon, had hours earlier abruptly canceled his scheduled public events for the day. He scheduled an announcement for 2:15 after inquiries from the Times.

Mr. Spitzer, a first term Democrat who pledged to bring ethics reform an end the often seamy ways of Albany, is married with three children.

Just last week, federal prosecutors arrested four people in connection with an expensive prostitution operation. Administration officials would not say that this was the ring with which the governor had become involved.

But a person with knowledge of the governor’s role said that the person believes the governor is one of the men identified as clients in court papers.

The governor’s travel records show that he was in Washington in mid-February. One of the clients described in court papers arranged to meet with a prostitute who was part of the ring, the Emperors Club VIP on the night of Feb. 13.

Mr. Spitzer appeared on a CNBC television show at 7 a.m. the next morning. Later in the morning, he testified before a Congressional committee.

An affidavit filed in federal court in Manhattan in connection with that case lists six conversations between the man, identified as Client 9, and a booking agent for the Emperors Club.

He had a difficult first year in office, rocked by a mix of scandal and legislative setbacks. In recent weeks, however, Mr. Spitzer seemed to have rebounded, with his Democratic party poised to perhaps gain control of the state Senate for the first time in four decades.

Mr. Spitzer gained national attention when he served as attorney general with his relentless pursuit of Wall Street wrongdoing. As attorney general, he also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“”This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. ”It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”

Albany for months been roiled by bitter fighting and accusations of dirty tricks. The Albany County district attorney is set to issue in the coming days the results of his investigation into Mr. Spitzer’s first scandal, his aides’ involvement in an effort to tarnish Majority Leader Joseph L. Bruno, the state’s top Republican.

chagrin
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
EDIT - Apparently he was toe tapping, doing the tube snake boogie. I confused client 9 with the booking agent in the story, oops

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hmmm, a Democrat - well at least he's banging chicks and not hanging out in the dude's room, toe tapping unsuspecting teen boys.

I thought the article said it was a guy hooker.

Spitzer is very famous in radio circles as well. he is the douche bag that has changed our industry just so he could get higher office. I know, another politician ruining peeps lives just to get higher office???? Crazy I know.

Chief Faithful
03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Madam Clinton? Madam President Clinton?

Bowser
03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe Monica was just one of Hillary's hos.

HonestChieffan
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Yepper good old Elliot....glad to see the crusader go down on a spear.

Mr. Kotter
03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Holy crap, you couldn't make this up.....

LMAO

patteeu
03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Goodbye Gov. Spitzer. Does anyone know who replaces him once he resigns?

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM

You didn't appreciate the crossthread humor?

noa
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Paterson

dirk digler
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Another hypocrite exposed. Hit the road loser and nice job destroying your family.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:07 PM
You didn't appreciate the crossthread humor?

I probably didn't get it if I was the intended audience. Are you saying that the connection between Hillary and this prostitution ring is as substantial as Obama's connection to the unrepentant terrorist, Bill Ayers? If so, it would have worked better if Hillary had had an audience with this prostitution ring's madam to curry favor with her prior to launching her first run for Senate.

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I probably didn't get it if I was the intended audience. Are you saying that the connection between Hillary and this prostitution ring is as substantial as Obama's connection to the unrepentant terrorist, Bill Ayers? If so, it would have worked better if Hillary had had an audience with this prostitution ring's madam to curry favor with her prior to launching her first run for Senate.

You're so awful at spin that you're good at it.

Cochise
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM

haha.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
You're so awful at spin that you're good at it.

LOL

Is that what this thread title was about though?

Cave Johnson
03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
There goes another Clinton superdelegate...

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 02:17 PM

The Lt. Governor also supports her so she won't lose a delly.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM

:LOL:

The behind-the-scenes story is that he told Hillary's campaign yesterday that he was going to switch to Obama.

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Who is this idiot on MSNBC defending Spitzer?

HolmeZz
03-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Alan Dershowitz. He's slurping Spitzer and minimalizing the scandal.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Realistically, I don't see how he could stay in office, and as a former prosecutor and a guy who has been very critical of the prostitution ring in this very case, he's a hypocrite, but as far as indiscretions and criminal activity go, this is pretty insignificant stuff, IMO. It's not like he was selling influence or making money off of illegal activities (as far as I know). He was just paying for sex. These aren't the kinds of hookers who are being exploited by slavemaster pimps. They're in it for the money. Big deal.

chagrin
03-10-2008, 02:28 PM

Spitzer is very famous in radio circles as well. he is the douche bag that has changed our industry just so he could get higher office. I know, another politician ruining peeps lives just to get higher office???? Crazy I know.

Holy shit, I misread the part about the client 9 and the booking agent, holy crap!

Was he involved in "cleaning up" radio?

chagrin
03-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Realistically, I don't see how he could stay in office, and as a former prosecutor and a guy who has been very critical of the prostitution ring in this very case, he's a hypocrite, but as far as indiscretions and criminal activity go, this is pretty insignificant stuff, IMO. It's not like he was selling influence or making money off of illegal activities (as far as I know). He was just paying for sex. These aren't the kinds of hookers who are being exploited by slavemaster pimps. They're in it for the money. Big deal.

Well hang on, he made his bones bringing down several Prostitution rings in NY; who's to say they were competitiors of the folks he was involved with?

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Well hang on, he made his bones bringing down several Prostitution rings in NY; who's to say they were competitiors of the folks he was involved with?

I called him a hypocrite and there might be some justice in this if he's got a history of cracking down on prostitution rings. If there's anything beyond that, such as taking money to protect this ring from competition, there haven't been any allegations of such. So far at least, all it is is sex for money. I can understand why some people would consider this morally objectionable enough by itself, but I'm not bothered by it. If I had my way, prostitution would be legal.

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Holy shit, I misread the part about the client 9 and the booking agent, holy crap!

Was he involved in "cleaning up" radio?

Yeah, "Cleaning up" radio is right. Granted, we had a payola problem, but he went waaayyy overboard. We can't even get a CD from the record companies now unless we fill out all kinds of paperwork.

chagrin
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
If I had my way, prostitution would be legal.

Politics aside - heh, heh...awww-right!

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I called him a hypocrite and there might be some justice in this if he's got a history of cracking down on prostitution rings. If there's anything beyond that, such as taking money to protect this ring from competition, there haven't been any allegations of such. So far at least, all it is is sex for money. I can understand why some people would consider this morally objectionable enough by itself, but I'm not bothered by it. If I had my way, prostitution would be legal.

I knew I liked you.:clap:

patteeu
03-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm not a Spitzer fan at all.

chagrin
03-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, "Cleaning up" radio is right. Granted, we had a payola problem, but he went waaayyy overboard. We can't even get a CD from the record companies now unless we fill out all kinds of paperwork.

Well that sucks, I'm glad I got out of it in time, escaping with my well built library, thanks Geffen, Epic and Sony, oh and Metal Blade, can't forget Metal Blade :rockon:

jAZ
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Hillary Clinton with ties to prostituition ring.
ROFL

Perfect!

WoodDraw
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, he's done. The NY media will crush him before the day is over. I wanted to puke watching him during that press conference.

Amnorix
03-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Since I'm in favor of legalizing prostitution, I'm in agreement 100%. But realistically, you're right, he's probably dead politically speaking.

WoodDraw
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Since I'm in favor of legalizing prostitution, I'm in agreement 100%. But realistically, you're right, he's probably dead politically speaking.

Your beliefs are yours, but this guy is a lawyer, former attorney general, and current governor, as well as being married with three kids, and he has broken at least one serious law. The most you can muster is that "he's probably dead politically speaking"? You have an early nomination for understatement of the year.

Stewie
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
They just showed a video of Spitzer and Hillary together...

Hillary: "I'm surrounded by (and married to) these powerful men, but none of them want to **** me!" What's wrong?!

Cochise
03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
countdown until this is all declared a BushCo conspiracy...

Stewie
03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
countdown until this is all declared a BushCo conspiracy...

There are people more powerful (and richer) than the President who wanted to see this guy strung up.

WoodDraw
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
There are people more powerful (and richer) than the President who wanted to see this guy strung up.

They forced him to have sex with prostitutes. It's quite sad, really.

stlchiefs
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Why pay when you have interns?

- Bill

Amnorix
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Your beliefs are yours, but this guy is a lawyer, former attorney general, and current governor, as well as being married with three kids, and he has broken at least one serious law. The most you can muster is that "he's probably dead politically speaking"? You have an early nomination for understatement of the year.

Unless he's done more than be a john for a hooker or three, I wouldn't call it "breaking a serious law." Nor do I understand what difference being a lawyer or AG makes. EVERYBODY knows that sleeping with hookers is illegal.

Obviously, the standards for a lawyer/AG, and the fact that he ran as a "law and order" type guy, might mean that it's MORE politically untenable for him to survive this kind of thing than someone else, but that again is perception and politics over the true reality of the seriousness of this offense.

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Unless he's done more than be a john for a hooker or three, I wouldn't call it "breaking a serious law." Nor do I understand what difference being a lawyer or AG makes. EVERYBODY knows that sleeping with hookers is illegal.

Obviously, the standards for a lawyer/AG, and the fact that he ran as a "law and order" type guy, might mean that it's MORE politically untenable for him to survive this kind of thing than someone else, but that again is perception and politics over the true reality of the seriousness of this offense.

exactly. this guy always presented himself as having bigger and better morals than everyone else. Whoooops. Looks like his pee pee didn't quite have the same morals.

Amnorix
03-10-2008, 04:32 PM
exactly. this guy always presented himself as having bigger and better morals than everyone else. Whoooops. Looks like his pee pee didn't quite have the same morals.

Like I said, eh may be a hypocrite. He may be politically deader than LBJ in 68, but that doesn't mean that I think anything he did wrong is all that big a deal, ultimately.

WoodDraw
03-10-2008, 05:06 PM

So if you were arrested on state and possibly federal prostitution charges, you wouldn't consider those charges serious?

As a lawyer, he will face disbarment. As a former AG who ran against corruption - including prostitution - he faces ridicule for his blatant hypocrisy. As a current governor, he faces unemployment, a terrible legacy, and the end of his political career. As a father and husband, he faces the disappointment and embarrassment of cheating with a prostitute and then dragging his wife and three kids into the public. And as a person, he faces the potential of serious criminal charges in both state and federal court.

I don't necessarily disagree with your argument that prostitution should be legal; but, it's not. Breaking the law, whether you agree with that law or not, is not insignificant, especially for a public official. I just found your aw shucks reaction to it funny. Do you not see the serious consequences of a major political figure paying for sex?

Stewie
03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
They forced him to have sex with prostitutes. It's quite sad, really.

My point was that the real movers and shakers who were threatened by this guy found a way. He's a dumbass, that is all.

tiptap
03-10-2008, 05:14 PM

You might look at what the Federal prosecutors did to the former Alabama's governor before you place him first. Both sides were swinging hard.

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
You might look at what the Federal prosecutors did to the former Alabama's governor before you place him first. Both sides were swinging hard.

In the payola deal?

Baby Lee
03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Hillary Clinton with ties to prostituition ring
So, what?
It's OK because their using the proceeds to pay for an education?

tiptap
03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
The federal prosecutor was married to the Bush political operator. They pursued the Gov. for securing money, not for himself, but for monetarily supporting some kid related legislation and going ahead and retaining a Republican appointment on the Hospital Board.

Pretty bogus.

WoodDraw
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM

So if you were arrested on state and possibly federal prostitution charges, you wouldn't consider those charges serious?

As a lawyer, he will face disbarment. As a former AG who ran against corruption - including prostitution - he faces ridicule for his blatant hypocrisy. As a current governor, he faces unemployment, a terrible legacy, and the end of his political career. As a father and husband, he faces the disappointment and embarrassment of cheating with a prostitute and then dragging his wife and three kids into the public. And as a person, he faces the potential of serious criminal charges in both state and federal court.

I don't necessarily disagree with your argument that prostitution should be legal; but, it's not. Breaking the law, whether you agree with that law or not, is not insignificant, especially for a public official. I just found your aw shucks reaction to it funny. Do you not see the serious consequences of a major political figure paying for sex?

Rain Man
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm bummed about this. While I'm not a Spitzer expert, I had admired and respected him for being known as a battler of corruption.

That said, I agree with Amnorix. This is one of those things that I think isn't a big deal outside his personal relationship with his wife. I don't particularly think that prostitution should be illegal, but I guess no one asked me.

Pretty dumb slipup on his part.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 10:07 PM

I'm surprised you're interpreting his response this way. I think he's just separating the practical and political considerations from the moral considerations. Practically and politically speaking, Spitzer has himself some serious trouble. But if we were talking about Joe Blow and ignoring the practical reality that he is faced with criminal charges, Amnorix doesn't seem to see this as a serious moral transgression. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure he'll correct me. If I'm right about it, I agree with him (even though I recognize that many of you would probably disagree with me about the morality involved).

Hoover
03-10-2008, 11:00 PM
This scandal sucks with out pictures!

Just of the 5'5"105lb girl.

i wonder what you get for 2k an hour?

CHIEF4EVER
03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Hillary Clinton with ties to prostituition ring

Let me get this straight.....since Her Thighness Hillary Rotten Clinton said he was a POLITICAL mentor to her and he was busted doing the dirty deed with a ho from a prostitution ring Her Thighness now has ties to said ring? Your logic is above reproach sir. LMAO

Bowser
03-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Let me get this straight.....since Her Thighness Hillary Rotten Clinton said he was a POLITICAL mentor to her and he was busted doing the dirty deed with a ho from a prostitution ring Her Thighness now has ties to said ring? Your logic is above reproach sir. LMAO

Admit it....you'd shag Hillary silly.

CHIEF4EVER
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Admit it....you'd shag Hillary silly.

I'd do the Shrillary or even the Queen of England for enough money..........NOT. LMAO

HolmeZz
03-12-2008, 12:38 AM

The joke/reference I was making was over your head.

On another note, am I the only one who thinks Spitzer looks like the Cloverfield monster?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0311/csmimg/ICSPITZER_P1.jpg

Jenson71
03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
The tables are turning HolmeZz.

Both Obama and Spitzer attended THE SAME private law school just a few years apart and were members, and even heads, of an exclusive student run organization that may be breeding grounds for dishonest corporate lawyers.

stlchiefs
03-12-2008, 01:54 AM

On another note, am I the only one who thinks Spitzer looks like the Cloverfield monster?

More like Curious George.

CHIEF4EVER
03-12-2008, 07:52 AM

You're right, your joke went over my head.

Is it me or does his wife look like an older version of that chick from "Friends"? She looks like she has a death grip on a handful of nads and he is in a bit of discomfort because of it. A 'Caption this pic' thread would be classic........

Amnorix
03-12-2008, 08:00 AM
This scandal sucks with out pictures!

Just of the 5'5"105lb girl.

i wonder what you get for 2k an hour?

"Maya" is/was a 7 diamond Emperor Club hottie. She would be about $3,000/hour, and an all day date with her would cost a cool $31,000. Her website (retrieved from the now defunct Emperor Club's website via archiving):

MILDLY NSFW:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070129132607/www.emperorsclubvip.com/Companions/MayaKate/MayaKateX.html

More background stuff on the Emperor's Club found here:

http://machinist.salon.com/blog/2008/03/11/emperors_club/

Jenson71
03-12-2008, 09:46 AM
You're right, your joke went over my head.

Is it me or does his wife look like an older version of that chick from "Friends"?

Yep, I do see an older Jennifer Aniston there.