PDA

View Full Version : Hillary can't make up her mind- Triangulation fails again

banyon
03-10-2008, 05:47 PM
HOW CAN YOU WANT HIM AS VP, IF…?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/10/750118.aspx

From NBC's Andrea Mitchell
When asked how Hillary Clinton could consider Barack Obama to be her vice president if she does not think he's qualified to be commander in chief, Clinton Communications Director Howard Wolfson said on a conference call today that she does NOT think he has passed the commander in chief test yet, but there is a long way between now and the convention, and that she has not ruled out selecting him as a vice president.

(So far, he has not taken follow questions about the obvious fact that Obama is ahead in both popular vote and delegates.)

VIDEO: Mar. 10: Rejecting the idea of being Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Barack Obama says, "I don't know how somebody in second place is offering the vice presidency to the person who is in first place."

Wolfson and Clinton foreign policy advisors scheduled the call to emphasize points made by the New York Times on Sunday about Obama's lack of a long legislative record in the senate and to again underscore Samantha Power's comments to the BBC last week indicating Obama might not withdraw from Iraq on the timetable he's laid out as a candidate and senator.

Specifically, Wolfson was asked: "Can you explain how the senator would consider having Barack Obama as a running mate if she does not think he's qualified to be Commander-in-Chief? Wouldn't that be the first qualification for anyone that she would consider to be on the ticket? Since she and the president over the weekend -- she Friday, again and the president on Saturday did suggest that that was certainly in their thinking?"

Wolfson answered, "Well what we have said is that Sen. Obama has not passed the Commander-in-Chief test. This is an issue that voters and reporters are asking Sen. Clinton about. It's not something that she would rule out at this point. But we do not believe as of this point Sen. Obama has passed that key Commander-in-Chief test. And there's a long way to go between now and Denver, as you know, and there's a lot left to be played out in the context of this primary.

To a follow-up question, Wolfson added, "Sen. Clinton will not chose any candidate who has not at the time of the choosing, passed the national security threshold. Period. But we have a long way to go between now and Denver, and it's not something that she's prepared to rule out at this point. But certainly anyone who's chosen as vice presidential candidate needs to be prepared to be Commander in Chief.”

NBC’s Domenico Montanaro adds, that Wolfson was then asked if there is something Obama could do between now and the August convention that would allow him to pass that Commander-In-Chief test.

“No, we’re not saying-- it’s not something we’re not prepared to rule out at this time,” he concluded.

banyon
03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Jack Cafferty (grumbly old man on Wolf Blitzer):

"And there is a rather large irony in all this. Hillary Clinton has spent most of the campaign saying Barack Obama isn’t experienced enough to be president. But now all of a sudden, she’s promoting him as a potential vice president… just a heart beat away from the top office."

HolmeZz
Clinton wouldn't consider anyone for VP that didn't meet her 'national security threshold' which is why she hinted at Obama being her VP.

Good cover, Wolfson.

Halfcan
Hitlery is such a dumb biatch-she won't have deep enough pockets to buy her way into the whitehouse.

redbrian
03-10-2008, 06:57 PM
This is the same woman that told Iowa that Mississippi was a backass state full of rubes, but now that Mississippi is voting they are a state full of Rhode Scholars....the Dems are getting funnier every day, they could not shoot their way out of a wet bag.........well of course not the Dems want to take all the guns from the real AMERICAN'S.........(tounge firmly planted in cheek)

banyon
03-10-2008, 07:12 PM
This is the same woman that told Iowa that Mississippi was a backass state full of rubes, but now that Mississippi is voting they are a state full of Rhode Scholars....the Dems are getting funnier every day, they could not shoot their way out of a wet bag.........well of course not the Dems want to take all the guns from the real AMERICAN'S.........(tounge firmly planted in cheek)

Uh, that's "Rhodes" and "AMERICANS", as long as you are picking on people for being dumb. :)

But I agree about the hypocrisy of the Mississipi gambit.

redbrian
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Uh, that's "Rhodes" and "AMERICANS", as long as you are picking on people for being dumb. :)

But I agree about the hypocrisy of the Mississipi gambit.

Well I wrote this after a shot of Bushmills, 2 pints of Guiness and a pint of Smithwick while sitting at the bar of Ragland Road, which is a great bar if you have not had the pleasure. I think it will become my second office, a good wi fi connection and very good wait staff.

banyon
03-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Well I wrote this after a shot of Bushmills, 2 pints of Guiness and a pint of Smithwick while sitting at the bar of Ragland Road, which is a great bar if you have not had the pleasure. I think it will become my second office, a good wi fi connection and very good wait staff.

I wish I had a bar where I could still order that. :cuss:

dirk digler
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Pelosi just slammed Hillary

http://thepage.time.com/2008/03/11/pelosi-split-ticket-is-impossible/

Speaker says any split ticket scenario is “impossible.”
“I think that the Clinton administration has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator McCain would be a better Commander in Chief than Obama.”

HolmeZz
03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Barack is a Nancy Boy.

Iowanian
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Hilary is desperate.

To me, she looks more wild eyed-desperate than the 3 horney guys at closing time, with 1, 1-hole-only fat girl left bar.