PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Noob

sportsman1
03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok im looking at buying season tickets for the first time and the Chiefs website wasn't too much help. I'll have the money saved up in about a month and I was wondering what the process was to get them or if its even still possible aroun May. The website makes it sound like its still possible but I have relatives that have season tickets telling me its not. Anyways im a noob in that department. I priced it and did the math and it sounds like a deal to me versus buying individual tickets to about 6 games. Another Issue im concerned about is parking. The Chiefs games I've gone to in the past I parked at Metcalf in OP and took the Chiefs express over. Is there any sort of decent parking pass deal or is the Chiefs express the way to go? Any help appreciated.

shaneo69
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for your support.

You are now a true fan./Carl

Brock
03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
You should have no trouble whatsoever buying them.

Nzoner
03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry but your relatives are crazy,there will be plenty of tickets this season.

Chief Wiggum
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I've looked very seriously at purchasing season tickets the last two seasons, and believe me, you can buy them well after the draft. I'm constantly getting calls from the Chiefs asking me to buy them.

That being said, you have to pay a premium to get into the lower bowl (used to have to pay like a club fee or something). It came with some perks, but you had to pay an extra fee for the club or whatever they called it, and the only other way to get in the lower bowl was to buy regular tickets and wait out the better seats (Given out by seniority).

Price per game isn't all that bad, but value per seat didn't sell me. Trust me though, they are so hard up to sell season tickets, you can probably work out a deal. Just be careful, by doing so yu are selling a small part of your soul to Carl/Satan.

sportsman1
03-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Are sales really that bad i? I figured there were plenty of pigeons like myself? I dont like Carl any more than the next guy but I'm a Chiefs fan and enjoy the NFL expierence. Now that I have the money and im moving to Lawrence going to the games is what I would like to spend my "recreation" fund on.

Chief Wiggum
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Are sales really that bad i? I figured there were plenty of pigeons like myself? I dont like Carl any more than the next guy but I'm a Chiefs fan and enjoy the NFL expierence. Now that I have the money and im moving to Lawrence going to the games is what I would like to spend my "recreation" fund on.

If that's really the case, you can buy tickets by game (decent seats too) - still see the games you want to see and still send the message to the organization that you don't support Carl.

I get back to the midwest so infrequently, there are few things I enjoy more than watching the crappy-ass Chiefs, but I won't throw down the real $$ until I know the organization won't continue to shorten my life span.

sportsman1
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Thats very true especially if sales are that bad. I guess I have a while to think about it. I appreciate the perspective.

1ChiefsDan
03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
My wife and I bought season tickets this year. I'll send you his contact info. He was very easy to work with.

KCChiefsMan
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
when I was in college, I told my old boss that I had season tickets to the Chiefs just to avoid having to work on Sundays.

Deberg_1990
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
So what happened to the 12,000 member waiting list??

Chief Wiggum
03-10-2008, 08:19 PM
So what happened to the 12,000 member waiting list??

That's the waiting list for playoff tickets...

Coach
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
If that's really the case, you can buy tickets by game (decent seats too) - still see the games you want to see and still send the message to the organization that you don't support Carl.

I get back to the midwest so infrequently, there are few things I enjoy more than watching the crappy-ass Chiefs, but I won't throw down the real $$ until I know the organization won't continue to shorten my life span.

No. The only way that you're going to send a message is not even getting a sniff of the tickets.

There's no reason to even bother getting season tickets. Why would you want to buy something that is pretty expensive, and yet, the product on the field isn't what it should be.

Even that, Actually the biggest crock is the mandatory buying of preseason tickets at full price.

You do know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men, right? The NFL has proven in my mind that they're an organization that only wants to make money. They also proven that they're that organization in your office that will shift blame and kiss a** rather than take an honest assessment of themselves and admit when they're making way too much money. Hubris. Great pride goeth before the fall, and the NFL's better f**king be coming.

RustShack
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Again, if for some reason somone can't attend a game, and would love to donate to a young, die hard, Chiefs fan who has never been able to experince the game because of coming from a poor family, living a couple hours away, and parents hateing football... let me know! :p

Chief Wiggum
03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
No. The only way that you're going to send a message is not even getting a sniff of the tickets.

There's no reason to even bother getting season tickets. Why would you want to buy something that is pretty expensive, and yet, the product on the field isn't what it should be.

Even that, Actually the biggest crock is the mandatory buying of preseason tickets at full price.

You do know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men, right? The NFL has proven in my mind that they're an organization that only wants to make money. They also proven that they're that organization in your office that will shift blame and kiss a** rather than take an honest assessment of themselves and admit when they're making way too much money. Hubris. Great pride goeth before the fall, and the NFL's better f**king be coming.

I agree with what you say in principle, and believe me I am no stranger to the latin hubris being sowed in the NFL, but any capitalist can see that there ARE people buying season tickets to the Chiefs and there ARE people that sell them at a discount (second-hand) - if you want to watch a game, you aren't helping out the Chiefs/communists/Carl & The Suckubus Possie - you are helping out season ticket holders that can't make the game but don't want to sell out their favorite team.

sportsman1
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah I'm not going to lie I don't really have a better arguement other than, I love the arrowhead expierence and I'm always hopeful that miracles will happen. It gives me something to do on Sunday's and if im going to watch the games on TV I might as well be there in person. Carls days are numbered I cant imagine him being around more than another season. A 4-12 season is pretty low. It can only look up from here.

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I wouldnt worry about a parking pass. Its 22 per game for the cash lots or pay 30 a game for a parking pass.

Coach
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
And that's another thing that annoys me. Why do the people have to pay for the parking pass? That parking lot is owned and maintained by Jackson County, not the Chiefs.

sportsman1
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok that kinda figures that the pass isn't cheaper. I cant believe they are even higher than the Cowgirls though ($20).

kc rush
03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Again, if for some reason somone can't attend a game, and would love to donate to a young, die hard, Chiefs fan who has never been able to experince the game because of coming from a poor family, living a couple hours away, and parents hateing football... let me know! :p

Hell, I had trouble giving away my extra ticket at the end of last year.

I can't justify spending thousands on a team that is only going to piss me off this year. Then I know that I would be pissed off at myself for spending the money. Double pissed for nothing, no thanks. I'll think about tickets again when Carl and Herm are gone.

BWillie
03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I have a friend who works for the Chiefs as an intern. She say's they've had more people drop their season tickets this year than they have in the last five years combined.

Coach
03-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a friend who works for the Chiefs as an intern. She say's they've had more people drop their season tickets this year than they have in the last five years combined.

That's not surprising.

kc rush
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Good

REDHOTGTO
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM

exactly why i dropped my ticks after 13 years, fugg em

Mr. Plow
03-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Ok im looking at buying season tickets for the first time and the Chiefs website wasn't too much help. I'll have the money saved up in about a month and I was wondering what the process was to get them or if its even still possible aroun May. The website makes it sound like its still possible but I have relatives that have season tickets telling me its not. Anyways im a noob in that department. I priced it and did the math and it sounds like a deal to me versus buying individual tickets to about 6 games. Another Issue im concerned about is parking. The Chiefs games I've gone to in the past I parked at Metcalf in OP and took the Chiefs express over. Is there any sort of decent parking pass deal or is the Chiefs express the way to go? Any help appreciated.

How about you give me $1500 and every Sunday I'll come over and kick you in the balls and charge you $8 for a beer.

StcChief
03-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Just buy the games you want from existing STHers. The different seat perspectives you will get will be more than worth it.

tooge
03-11-2008, 08:47 AM
was this thread started in 1988?

Nzoner
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM

I fully expected blackouts this year but this has to make me wonder if even the home opener will be.

xbarretx
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Just be careful, by doing so yu are selling a small part of your soul to Carl/Satan.

yeah, the satan part isnt so bad..

http://www.flakmag.com/film/images/bedazzle.jpg

its the Carl part that will get you

http://www.highlandfest.info/2004-schedule_files/carl-peterson.jpg

oh wait wrong carl peterson.. LMAO

Rain Man
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I plan to watch every Chiefs game this year on television. It's nice being out of the blackout area.

chiefqueen
03-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Considering that the Chiefs' non-blackout streak will end this year, I'd say yes, you can get season tix.

Reerun_KC
03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I plan to watch every Chiefs game this year on television. It's nice being out of the blackout area.
First year since the inception of NFL Sunday ticket, that I wont be watching..

I have never lived close enought to not have the sunday ticket, but I guess now sundays will be free and can actaully enjoy them.

As long as Herm is the Coach and Carl is the GM, I pretty much have given up... They have beaten me into submission, I dont really care anymore.

I really feal for the STH's... Carl has finally beaten them down to nothing anymore...

stonedstooge
03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
How does the blackout zone work? How far out from K.C. If you have Dishnetwork that carries the K.C. stations that would be included in a blackout zone? Just curious as how it works.

Brock
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
How does the blackout zone work? How far out from K.C. If you have Dishnetwork that carries the K.C. stations that would be included in a blackout zone? Just curious as how it works.

I think it's a 180 mile radius. And yes, it's supposed to apply to satellite also.

sportsman1
03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
How many season ticket holders really put up tickets to each game? If were talking stub-hub been there done that its a rip off.

Skip Towne
03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
The parking fee today is more than a ticket was when I was a ST in 1987. Buy :KU: tickets instead.

ChiefsCountry
03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I think it's a 180 mile radius. And yes, it's supposed to apply to satellite also.

Its 75 miles I believe.

alanm
03-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Skip Towne
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Way back when Chanute, Ks was not affected by blackout so I think 75 miles.

ChiefsCountry
03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Chiefs get blacked out Clinton, MO will be popular spot for KC residents to watch the game.

chiefqueen
03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Then you would blacked out.

chiefqueen
03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Way back when Chanute, Ks was not affected by blackout so I think 75 miles.

I would think the network affiliates from Springfield or Joplin cover Chanute.

Eleazar
03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
The parking fee today is more than a ticket was when I was a ST in 1987. Buy :KU: tickets instead.

well until 2007 you got to tear down the goalposts after every win at those :KU: games, so they aren't as good a value as they used to be either.

dtebbe
03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I have a pair of lower levels in Sec 114. If you are interested I'd do the entire season at face value.

DT

StcChief
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
How many season ticket holders really put up tickets to each game? If were talking stub-hub been there done that its a rip off.
ebay. Just show up at Arrowhead, you will get in.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm so glad I gave the tickets up. I will no longer support Carl and his stooges.

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
buying season tickets is about the dumbest thing you could do with your money

flush in the toilet instead-you will have more fun

Mr. Arrowhead
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I decided to get season tickets, i dont like Carl, but i love my chiefs, and i will be supportive no matter what.

1ChiefsDan
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
buying season tickets is about the dumbest thing you could do with your money

flush in the toilet instead-you will have more funMaybe the worst thing you can do with YOUR money - I am happy I bought season tickets.

KcMizzou
03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Maybe the worst thing you can do with YOUR money - Spend it on Rush tickets?

Skip Towne
03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I decided to get season tickets, i dont like Carl, but i love my chiefs, and i will be supportive no matter what.

OK, they are your Chiefs for the next few years. If they start winning then they're my Cheifs again.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
It's only money right? Money that keeps arrogant know it alls like Gretz employed. To each his own-I've just had my feel of cheering and screaming my ass for them only to be let down for twenty plus years. I can't keep beating my head against a wall when I have more passion than ownership. They don't strive for excellence, I don't want to pay for mediocrity anymore, seems like a fair trade off to me.