PDA

View Full Version : Opposite of a fever?

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok... my temp has been hovering between 96.5 and 97.3 for the past 2 days. Went to work today and the school nurse sent me home but did not seem concerned about my temperature.

Just said there was a viral thing going on that was causing this in a few people. Other than a sore chest from coughing, sore throat, and massive congestion, I actually feel quite well. No chills or cold sweats.... or anything else of that nature.

Should I be concerned or will I just have to wait this out?

Anyone else dealing with this right now?

Frazod
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok... my temp has been hovering between 96.5 and 97.3 for the past 2 days. Went to work today and the school nurse sent me home but did not seem concerned about my temperature.

Just said there was a viral thing going on that was causing this in a few people. Other than a sore chest from coughing, sore throat, and massive congestion, I actually feel quite well. No chills or cold sweats.... or anything else of that nature.

Should I be concerned or will I just have to wait this out?

Anyone else dealing with this right now?

Do you still have a pulse?

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Do you still have a pulse?

I am pretty sure I do. I'll check and get back to you.

If I don't post back, then you can rest assured that the answer was no. :D

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Ok... I checked. Yeah, still have a pulse.

Damn... you had me worried there for a bit.

LMFAO

alanm
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Seems like Captain Trips is on the move again. :eek:

Frazod
03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I am pretty sure I do. I'll check and get back to you.

If I don't post back, then you can rest assured that the answer was no. :D

I can't remember which one, but there was a zombie movie where a guy got bitten and slowly starting converting. His body temperature had started to drop when a paramedic examined him.

Zombie's Girlfriend: What's his temperature?
Paramedic: (baffled) 70 degrees.
Zombie's Girlfriend: 70 DEGREES? What's that?
Paramedic: Uh....room temperature?

You haven't been bitten by any undead recently, have you? :)

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Seems like Captain Trips is on the move again. :eek:

Nah.... I am immune to the superflu. This must be something else.

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I can't remember which one, but there was a zombie movie where a guy got bitten and slowly starting converting. His body temperature had started to drop when a paramedic examined him.

Zombie's Girlfriend: What's his temperature?
Paramedic: (baffled) 70 degrees.
Zombie's Girlfriend: 70 DEGREES? What's that?
Paramedic: Uh....room temperature?

You haven't been bitten by any undead recently, have you? :)

Not that I am aware of. I tend to stay away from the areas that the undead are likely to congregate at.

The only exception would be at school though. Are the undead able to easily pass for a 3rd grader?

KCChiefsMan
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
do you take hot showers or cold showers?

Frazod
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Not that I am aware of. I tend to stay away from the areas that the undead are likely to congregate at.

The only exception would be at school though. Are the undead able to easily pass for a 3rd grader?

My senior year, I certainly could have until midway through second hour. :D

pr_capone
do you take hot showers or cold showers?

Usually my showers are as hot as I can stand them.

CoMoChief
Go rub one off and you'll be fine.

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
My senior year, I certainly could have until midway through second hour. :D

Hrm.... I'll have to look into that then.

Undead.... is that garlic cloves, UV light, or a silver stake.

/me goes off to search wikipedia

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Go rub one off and you'll be fine.

That is my normal cure-all. So far, it has not worked.

Because of its normal successes, I did so another three times after that. Still feel like shit.

I am beginning to get concerned.

KCChiefsMan
03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Usually my showers are as hot as I can stand them.

mmm hmmm, interesting. I got nothing

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
mmm hmmm, interesting. I got nothing

Well... I appreciate your concern regarding my hygenical habits none the less.

ClevelandBronco
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Try to keep it going. Think of the money you'll save on air conditioning this summer.

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Try to keep it going. Think of the money you'll save on air conditioning this summer.

Meh.... we don't turn that shit on till the 90's. Thats what fans were made for.

DMAC
03-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Sounds like Hep C.

pr_capone
03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds like Hep C.

No drugs.... last tattoo was over a year ago.

I havent slept with Pamela Anderson either.

Guru
03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Hell, my temp runs about 96.8 everyday.

pr_capone
03-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Hell, my temp runs about 96.8 everyday.

Thats cuz u ah cold blodded sumbitch

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2008, 12:57 AM

I hope your temperature ramps back up soon.

:evil:

pr_capone
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
I hope your temperature ramps back up soon.

:evil:

I am dog tired of being sick. 3rd time in 4 months now. *sigh*

Guru
03-11-2008, 01:04 AM
I am dog tired of being sick. 3rd time in 4 months now. *sigh*
I hear ya bud. I had the same crap about 2 weeks ago and am still fighting off the remnants of it. Plus, I had to deal with the stomach flu a week ago just to top things off. My immune system is shot to hell.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I havent slept with Pamela Anderson either.

So you're the one...

Guru
03-11-2008, 01:15 AM
So you're the one...

and you have? heh

Frosty
03-11-2008, 08:50 AM
You are dieting currently, right? It isn't unusual for the metabolism to slow after an extended calorie deficit. This shows up as a lowered body temp (among other things, of course). Here is an excerpt from one of Lyle McDonald's newsletter:

Q: I have the hardest time losing weight/fat and I'm hoping you can help. I have used a number of standard maintenance calorie estimation equations but I find that reducing my calories below that point doesn't really cause much fat loss. My morning temperature is about 97 degrees if that has anything to do with it. I"ve heard a lot about 'starvation mode' and how it can cause fat loss to plateau, what do you think about that?

A: A low body temp relative to normal indicates that metabolism is suppressed. Every degree below a norm of 97.8-98.2 is about a 10% reduction from so called 'normal' metabolism. This is related to changes in thyroid, nervous system, insulin and leptin levels. So your true maintenance is probably a good 10% below any estimation equations you may be using. which is why the equations aren't accurate for you and why you're not getting the predicted fat loss.

Basically, to lose fat effectively, you may simply need a larger deficit which means either cutting calories more or doing more activity.

Or see about getting the hormonal issues fixed. In order of ease/offensiveness to most people:

1. Taking 1-2 weeks at maintenance eating (and at least 100-150 g carbs/day and normal caloric intake) can help. This helps to upregulate leptin, thyroid and nervous system activity. This is the full diet break described in both the Rapid Fat Loss handbook and my Guide to Flexible Dieting.

2. The ephedrine/caffeine stack would be the next step as that serves to fix the nervous system impairment.

3. Getting some thyroid blood work done (and taking thyroid medication if necessary) would be the more involved step but woman moreso than men tend to have low thyroid as a matter of course.

In terms of the starvation mode thing, there is NO doubt that a lowering of metabolic rate occurs with dieting (part of this is due to the loss of bodymass, part of this is adaptive and due to hormones), I'm not disagreeing with that at all. All it means is that fat loss becomes harder/slows down; I disagree with the stance that it is ever sufficient to slow it completely, it can simply make fat loss so slow as to be effectively zero (and certainly smaller than either the variance in our ability to measure changes/the changes in scale weight that occur a sa matter of course).

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Hog Farmer
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
your obviously gonna have to change your diet. May I suggest sausage for breakfast, Ham for lunch and a pork chop for dinner.

pr_capone
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
LOL

My diet is fine. I am not over exerting myself with my workouts and eating like a normal person.

I will, though, look into the all pork diet. I hear its all the rage with the Hollywood faux celebrities.

ChiTown
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I think you got the AIDS.

pr_capone
03-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I think you got the AIDS.

Also immune. When I was in the Army I allowed the medics to inject me with whatever they saw fit. Apparently, they shot me up with something that made me immune.

I know because when I got out of the Army I had as much sex as I could with the nastiest and skankiest hookers I could find.

I got:

Chlamydia
Herpes
Jungle Fever
Yellow Fever
Boogie Fever
Crabs
Hep A & B

But never got AIDS. Go figure, eh?

Lbedrock1
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Also immune. When I was in the Army I allowed the medics to inject me with whatever they saw fit. Apparently, they shot me up with something that made me immune.

I know because when I got out of the Army I had as much sex as I could with the nastiest and skankiest hookers I could find.

I got:

Chlamydia
Herpes
Jungle Fever
Yellow Fever
Boogie Fever
Crabs
Hep A & B

But never got AIDS. Go figure, eh?

4 things that cause low body temp are:
Sepsis
Symptoms:
Rapid shallow breathing
Delirium
Tremor
Feels hot to touch
Low body temperature

Opioids and related disorders
Symptoms:
Communication disorders
No pupillary reaction to light
Pupil reaction absent
Absenteeism at work
Low body temperature

Septicemia
Symptoms:
Flushed complexion
Moist skin
Coma
Shivering
Low body temperature

Septic shock
Symptoms:
Absent pulse
Feels hot to touch
Heart rate altered
Rapid breathing
Low body temperature
Dont think you have any of these so you will be ok.

Bowser
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
your obviously gonna have to change your diet. May I suggest sausage for breakfast, Ham for lunch and a pork chop for dinner.

"He had bacon for breakfast every day! You just can't DO that!"