PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever sold their house w/o a realtor?

Scaga
03-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Got a weird situation and I'm possibly selling my house with a realtor. Already have a buyer lined up and looking for some information, help, suggestions. Documentation is my #1 concern right now.

Help?
Thanks!

Brock
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
An attorney will do the paperwork for you for 300 dollars.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2008, 10:37 AM

If you already have a buyer, you're gift wrapping a few grand for the realtor and the company they work for. Listen to Brock, call an attorney, and take your wife on a vacation with the extra money.

Scaga
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
If you already have a buyer, you're gift wrapping a few grand for the realtor and the company they work for. Listen to Brock, call an attorney, and take your wife on a vacation with the extra money.

Buyer was a fluke. No realtors involved (shady deal...LOL).

Any "extra money" will go to my darn builder. :eek:

Mr. Plow
03-11-2008, 10:43 AM
My parents just sold their house without a realtor, but not sure that I can provide any helpful info.

doomy3
03-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Buyer was a fluke. No realtors involved (shady deal...LOL).

Any "extra money" will go to my darn builder. :eek:

In the ten minutes between the start of this thread and this post, you found out the buyer was a fluke? What happened?

Brock
03-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, if you're saving around 6 percent of the sale price, that's some nice cheese in someone's pocket.

ChiefsFire
03-11-2008, 10:47 AM
My wife is a Realtor. In the past she has done the paperwork for a flat fee to help someone in this situation. When it comes time to do the title work and all that fun paper stuff, you sometimes realize why you pay for an agent.

tyton75
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I sold my townhouse without a realtor... just had a "For Sale by owner" contract that I bought at Office Depot or something... it was nice not having to pay a realtor and I was able to drop the price a little lower to seal the deal and still make more without having to pay the commission

jawaba2k
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
A title company can also facilitate the transaction for no fee (other than the work they normally do). We've done it that way twice - no problems.

Iowanian
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Brock is in the ball park, but it will cost more than that with the taxes, title search and abstracting.

Go to an attorney if you already have a buyer.

Our last home, I had the buyer, I priced the house.....and he showed up with a realtor "because he felt obligated because she'd shown them 20 houses".......and it ended up dinging me 3%(I made him pay 1/2).

I'd have been money ahead to have an attorney instead, and it was the easiest money that realtor made last year, guaranteed.

Dave Lane
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Got a weird situation and I'm possibly selling my house with a realtor. Already have a buyer lined up and looking for some information, help, suggestions. Documentation is my #1 concern right now.

Help?
Thanks!

If you have it sold your title company should be able to get all the documentation for proper closing and recording of the deed.

Dave

Brock
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Our last home, I had the buyer, I priced the house.....and he showed up with a realtor "because he felt obligated because she'd shown them 20 houses".......and it ended up dinging me 3%(I made him pay 1/2).

Frankly, I'd have told him to hit the road.

Rooster
03-11-2008, 12:07 PM

Yep. What Brock said....

Oh and you're a lucky bastard to have a buyer lined up. :D

Hog Farmer
03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Realtors are overated.
And so are buyers.

LocoChiefsFan
03-11-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/ You should find lots of useful info here.

xiandude
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
I used the FSBO folks in Overland Park when I sold my house. They were great, but you don't need all that. Just go to a title company and they will hook you up with paperwork. It's really easy. Cost you a few hundred bucks.

ArrowheadHawk
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/ You should find lots of useful info here. rep?Asking for rep? :( Not cool!

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
you shouldnt even take a dump without a Realtor

Brock
03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
spoken like a true used car salesman.

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
spoken like a true used car salesman.

ex used car saleman-I have a SWEET deal at Quintiles now.

Does anyone else have one ear 5 times the size of the other??

ChiefButthurt
03-12-2008, 06:22 PM
We tried to sell a home a few years ago without a realtor, bad experience. Too damn many nosey people and too many failed promises to show up to view the house. Generally, most are not educated well on the art of buying and selling a home and they're afraid to sign on the line. They're not savy enough to trust an attorney and it's too much of a bother. Unless you are prepared to set your house price low, a buyer would rather YOU pay the realtor and they think they have professional protection. Our experience lasted about two months without any leads and we gave up and hired a realtor. Sold the house 5 days after Christmas in 2001. Hope that helps.

LocoChiefsFan
03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Asking for rep? :( Not cool!
My bad, I thought if the link was useful maybe it was rep worthy. Didn't know there was a rule against it. Just forget I added that part.