PDA

View Full Version : NFT: It's a small world

Busters Dad
08-08-2001, 05:33 PM
Recently after posting one of my first msgs. another new poster added on to it that he was orginally from my location, after a exchange of e-mails I found out his parents live two houses down from me, CRON912 was just another kid growing up in the neighborhood, but I know his folks well.
Just goes to show where ever you go or what ever you do, you will probably run into someone you know. real weird:p

Dave Lane
08-08-2001, 05:44 PM
As Gary Wright said. "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it". Is odd though how things like that happen.

Dave

Chief Henry
08-08-2001, 05:51 PM
I know KPhobia's track coach. His track coach says he's a **** too!!!!!!!!!! just Kidding KP.

It truly is a small world.;)

Iowanian
08-09-2001, 07:42 AM
It truely is a small world...(Not afterall)

When I was 18 I was on a bus in Orlando and a gal turned around and said "are you *insert Iowanian's name here*?" I said yes.....turns out she was a wrestling cheerleader from a school that hosted a tourn. we attended....I guess I was "mean" to her wussy boyfriend.....she was a college gal at NWMSU at the time and I ran into her once in a while over the next couple years.

Two weekends ago I was camping near the Wisconsin boarder. A truck pulled in late and the next morning I realized I had dated a gal who lived with the family in the site next to me.

~everyone knows someone who you know....reputations travel far and fast.....good and bad.

Otter
08-09-2001, 07:56 AM
Cool beans.

I'm still waiting to meet some Chief fans (hell, ONE Chief fan) to watch the games with in the burg.

Bob Dole
08-09-2001, 08:16 AM
KPhobia was in track?

Bob Dole isn't buying it, unless it was the Texas version of track where they have to fling a cow pie instead of a discus.

Archie F. Swin
08-09-2001, 08:19 AM
last season I passed by a local home that flew a Chiefs flag on Sundays (in this small North Texas town).

If that flag flies this season I'm gonna get that person on the Da planet . . . I'm on a mission from God you could say.

Mark M
08-09-2001, 08:22 AM
KCTitus and I went to the same high school ... at the same time (although he's two-years older than I am). Don't remember him real well, but my sister does.

MM
~~Wishes most of his high-school years were forgotten.

DaKCMan AP
08-09-2001, 08:38 AM
Just two weeks ago I was in Amsterdam for a week and then London for a week. I had a planned trip to Israel for a month but cancelled it for a few reasons, one being the problems there. Anyways when I was in Amsterdam I was surprised to run into someone who was also planning to go on the Israel trip (it was a large group trip). Also when I was in Orlando at two different times I ran into one of my friends twice. The world definately is small....

Otter
08-09-2001, 09:28 AM
Mark M said:

KCTitus and I went to the same high school ... at the same time (although he's two-years older than I am). Don't remember him real well, but my sister does.

Should I take this or would someone else like a crack at it? :D

Bwana
08-09-2001, 09:31 AM
Otter: LOL, I was thinking the same thing. :D

KCTitus
08-09-2001, 09:31 AM
Alright, Otter... :D

ptlyon
08-09-2001, 10:03 AM
:D

Phobia
08-09-2001, 10:09 AM
Yes, I ran track, Dole. I was a fast white boy, too. All the black kids from Des Moines were jealous of how fast we were - seriously.

Parker (htismaqe) recently moved to the same town of 8000 that I grew up in.

The track coach is also the mayor.... :D

Mark M
08-09-2001, 10:11 AM
You know, I thought about that when I posted it ... and decided to let Titus deal with it. ;)

Sorry 'bout that, dude!

MM
~~Spreading the seeds of rumour ... :p

cron912
08-09-2001, 10:40 AM
...it's a small world indeed. So, how are things back there in SC, Busters Dad?

AustinChief
08-09-2001, 11:11 AM
I was walking down a street in Mexico and I ran into a guy and girl from Austin... the guy used to sit next to me at an old job... the girl was the ex g/f of a friend of mine... totally unrelated!

Craziness...

--Kyle

Busters Dad
08-09-2001, 12:18 PM
Greg, its hot and dry, but talked to your dad the other day, he gave us a couple dozen ears of some damn good sweet corn, very tasty, all in all it's still pretty much the same town.