PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke, right?

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 10:39 PM
Broncos | A Quick Return for Sanders? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:56 PT: Associated Press reports CB Deion Sanders, who has retired from the NFL, has been vague about his future intentions. However, there is talk that the Denver Broncos may have some interest in him. The Broncos defensive coordinator is Ray Rhodes, who was in charge of the Redskins' defense last year. Sanders wasn't happy when Rhodes left the Redskins.

TEX
08-08-2001, 11:00 PM
There have been rumors to support this throughout this off season. Deon is nothing more than a "Contender Whore" so it would NOT surprise me one bit if he's thinking about this. I don't know the rules well enough to know if it's possible. Deon is still good, but he's NOT great anymore so I really don't care if the DONX sign him. It just might be a match made in heaven... ;)

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 11:08 PM
I agree that he's a "contender whore" and I wasn't really concerned that he'd sign in Denver. I was more just shocked that after all this, the Donks can still AFFORD to sign someone that would command that kind of salary...

Actually, I'd like to see the squirrely ***** line up when we split Ricks or Gonzo wide to his side of the field...

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 11:13 PM
I'd love to see Denver sign the most overrated cornerback of the last two or three years (wonder if his ego had trouble dealing with the fact that Champ Bailey was better than he was last year?).

5decadechiefsfan
08-08-2001, 11:31 PM
I can't say I'd love to see it, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, either. Kind of like when Rice went to the Raiders, or when Elvis signed with Baltimore.

Frazod
08-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Sanders a Bronco. How perfect. Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more deeply.

Can't think of any player and organization that deserve each other more.

47mack
08-09-2001, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by keg in kc
I'd love to see Denver sign the most overrated cornerback of the last two or three years (wonder if his ego had trouble dealing with the fact that Champ Bailey was better than he was last year?).

OVERRATED--Well put

Don't throw to his side....run to it

He cannot stop the run. In fact, he will run away from it.

Clint in Wichita
08-09-2001, 08:39 AM
The Broncos should be forced to give the Redskins 2 draft picks if this happens.

I doubt that Tagliabue would do that to his butt-buddy.

Mile High Mania
08-09-2001, 08:42 AM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

kcred
08-09-2001, 08:45 AM
He retired a Skin, and they still own his rights, so some compensation must be worked out. The Skins have eaten is bonus, but his salary could be renegotiated. Anyway, who cares, his is over the hill and past his "prime time".

Gaz
08-09-2001, 09:14 AM
MHM-

You lost Carter. I think Deion would be a perfect replacement.

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoying this WAY too much.

KCTitus
08-09-2001, 09:16 AM
I think Deion met his match with Marty and is going to pay the consequences. Since Marty had to eat about 6M in signing bonus money this year, I dont think Marty will release his rights any time soon. Marty will exact his pound of flesh.

If a deal were to be reached, I wouldnt be suprised to see it involving Deion paying some of that 8M signing bonus back.

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 10:06 AM
I kind of like Clint's idea...

Maybe they should make the Broncos PAY the Redskins the $7.5 million! :D

ptlyon
08-09-2001, 10:12 AM
Can you possibly picture Gonzo running him over like Bo Jackson did to Bosworth?

dtebbe
08-09-2001, 10:25 AM
Actually, I can picture Snoop Minnis running over him. My wife (5'3" 110#) can probably hit harder than Deion.

DT

Bwana
08-09-2001, 10:26 AM
Hmm? Lets see here. Pink Butt Sanders is:

1. Old and tired, a shadow of his former self.
2. Hits like a small school child.
3. A locker room cancer.
4. Has the work ethic of a sloth.
5. He will miss a season over a toe issue.
6. Has an ego larger than Bowlen. (But they do have the same taste in pimp like fur coats)

Bonus....... He will want the moon to sign and tie up lots of cap room.

Sounds like a super deal to me............. LOL

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2001, 02:27 PM
Brad feeling a little tense. ;)

Mark M
08-09-2001, 02:39 PM
http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

MM
~~Thinks the smilie says it all

Packfan
08-09-2001, 02:43 PM
I think I would take a healthy Deion Sanders on my team any day.
Yea, he cant stop the run and yea he is a bit wierd, but when motivated and healthy, he shuts down receivers. Plus, he is awesome returning punts.

Sporting News says that Sanders will buy himself out of the Redskin contract and Daniel Snyder will release him.

Where are the Broncos getting all this extra cap space?

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Packfan
he shuts down receivers. Plus, he is awesome returning punts.

I would've believed this quote 3-4 years ago

California Injun
08-09-2001, 02:49 PM
If any team can pick up Deion for minimum, it'a a steal.

Problem is, Sanders demands are maximum.

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 02:53 PM
Packfan asked the $20 million question...I asked the same thing a while back...

Where the hell is all this cap room coming from?

Frazod
08-09-2001, 08:00 PM
Loved Brad's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

LOL at Bwana's analogy. Especially the pimp hat thing. :D

And Ken's all for it, so I think the Donx should sign Prime Slime immediately.

And I too wonder where all this magic cap room is coming from. Why do I smell cooking spray all of the sudden?

Rausch
08-09-2001, 08:56 PM
Did I say no?

:D

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Chester the rester..
Celion Dion Sanders...
Jabba the Lett...
Eddie(can't catch can't carry) Kennison...
Terrel (I have a headache/acl/calf/hammy-ache THIS big) Davis...

But, you do have two stud qb's and a great wr tandem....ups and downs....starting to look like the rest of this division now! :D :D :D

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-10-2001, 08:34 AM
Does anyone have a source for this? I searched all over and found nothing other than this rumor on another board....

Didn't find anything on sporting news, either.

Bob Dole
08-10-2001, 08:37 AM
Bob Dole read an article the other day that said Denver was one of the teams with the most cap room, with something like $6.7 million. Bob Dole was wondering where the heck that room came from, too...

keg in kc
08-10-2001, 08:40 AM
My question is why they didn't use that 6.6 million left over to acquire some legitimate defensive talent. Ray Rhodes is a good coordinator, not a miracle-worker...