PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Sippio

SNR
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Okay seriously... how many of us are actually pulling for the guy outside of hoping the Chiefs have a really great player to benefit them? We've already established that he's the new Rich Scanlon. Is this desirable?

Does he have a shot at unseating any of these guys like Webb or Parker? The talent is there, but does he have NFL smarts? Will he do anything besides open his trap?

Let's find out what makes this guy tick and if we can actually take him seriously this coming offseason and regular season.

blueballs
03-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Herm hates Arena football
and Sippio is his goat to kick around

pr_capone
03-13-2008, 12:33 AM
It's gotta be frustrating for him as a competitor.

Going from being a superstar in Arena Ball to a scrub who hardly gets a chance in the NFL.

BigRock
03-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Does he have a shot at unseating any of these guys like Webb or Parker?
My insider sources tell me that he's definitely moved ahead of Samie Parker on the depth chart.

CrazyPhuD
03-13-2008, 01:04 AM
He's the next Brian Shay....or Jessie Haynes.

Chiefmanwillcatch
03-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Have coaches said anything directly to the media that he can't separate?

greg63
03-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Herm hates Arena football
and Sippio is his goat to kick around

Yep; it ain't real football.:rolleyes:

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2008, 02:02 AM
I think he's going to be more involved in our offense then people think. We arent looking to win anything this year. I have a feeling he will be the 3rd or 4th wide out. Also, he hasnt been cut yet either.

mylittlepony
03-13-2008, 03:46 AM
I want him to get it. I like good hands guys, and his mitts are top notch. Im not sure he can get separation though. Still I wanna see him get a shot atleast.

chiefs1111
03-13-2008, 04:09 AM
Did we even throw him the ball at all this season when he was in????

DenverChief
03-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Did we even throw him the ball at all this season when he was in????

I don't think he ever played on offense only on special teams

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2008, 05:06 AM
He played on offense, but when he was in there, he was in there to block.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2008, 06:29 AM
He's the next Brian Shay....or Jessie Haynes.
Or the next Rich Scanlon.... or Boomer Grigsby.ROFL

Reerun_KC
03-13-2008, 06:30 AM
What is good news is, at least the other teams cant figure out what we are doing on offense with our personnel on the field..

We would never be so predictable as to run every time zippo is on the field...:shake:

Kerberos
03-13-2008, 06:36 AM
I may be wrong but I thought some of the reason he didn't get much playing time this past season was because he didn't know the playbook from cover to cover.

That being said I would think it would all be ON HIM if he cannot assimilate the playbook and remember routes.

I wish him the best because I too like to see the "Underdog" do well.

jidar
03-13-2008, 06:39 AM
judging from the hbo show he's got great hands but he's slow so he will never get open.

suds79
03-13-2008, 06:53 AM
There should be a rule that we should all forget about Bobby Sippio until he registers 3 catches or more in a regular season game.

Until then, Sammie Parker has contributed more. :eek:

greg63
03-13-2008, 07:15 AM
I think he's going to be more involved in our offense then people think. We arent looking to win anything this year. I have a feeling he will be the 3rd or 4th wide out. Also, he hasnt been cut yet either.

Agreed, if for no other reason then for special teams play; obvious onside kick situations ect.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I may be wrong but I thought some of the reason he didn't get much playing time this past season was because he didn't know the playbook from cover to cover.

That being said I would think it would all be ON HIM if he cannot assimilate the playbook and remember routes.

Oh Yeah? I am so sure Herm's playbooks are really ****ing hard to figure out?

From what 99% of the NFL has figured out, here is what his playbook consists of...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/bradtheimpaler/plays-LA.gif

Herm is a stupid bag o douche....

Iowanian
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
I hope he becomes great(hell, give me any surprise supah-stah at this point)...and if any part of what herm and gailey has been true about "making the offense easier for young player"....I hope it comes down to talent and he has enough to contribute.

I'm not holding my breath.

morphius
03-13-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm pulling for the guy, coming in so late to camp didn't him last year. Hopefully he will be able to show something with a full camp and help from Bowe. We have been so blah at WR for so long I always hope that any of the WR's step up, but I don't think Webb will ever be much so we need someone to do it.

Spicy McHaggis
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
In all fairness, if he can't break into the Chiefs WR line-up he needs to hang em up. The #2 spot (and pretty much every spot after) is wide open IMO.

StcChief
03-13-2008, 07:49 AM
yeah. if cousin Bobby Sippio can't beat out Parker/Webb he needs to hang 'em up or go back to Arena ball.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2008, 09:23 AM
he was in there quite a few times

got to the point that you could tell what play was called by whether sippio was in there or not.

Sippio in for parker = running play

Micjones
03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
He's a 4th Receiver at best, but perhaps he can make his case in the OTA's and camp.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
He's a 4th Receiver at best, but perhaps he can make his case in the OTA's and camp.
maybe ........ not that any of us would know yet because they haven't given him a chance.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 09:52 AM
maybe ........ not that any of us would know yet because they haven't given him a chance.

That wasn't a knock on his ability.
I was making reference to the game's politics.
Darling's a newly signed Free Agent, Bowe and Webb are draft picks.
That, in my mind, makes him a #4 priority.

He can equalize that though with his play.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2008, 09:59 AM
That wasn't a knock on his ability.
I was making reference to the game's politics.
Darling's a newly signed Free Agent, Bowe and Webb are draft picks.
That, in my mind, makes him a #4 priority.

He can equalize that though with his play.
well let's hope that Chan Gailey really makes a difference in our offense.

i would think that the most talented players should get the offensive reps ..... not the biggest names.

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
There should be a rule that we should all forget about Bobby Sippio until he registers 3 catches or more in a regular season game.

All True.

Count Zarth
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Arena league trash.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2008, 10:27 AM
WPI trash

Micjones
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
well let's hope that Chan Gailey really makes a difference in our offense.

I think he will.

i would think that the most talented players should get the offensive reps ..... not the biggest names.

Couldn't agree more.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 10:48 AM

In that case...
Parker's also contributed more than Webb.
Shall we forget about him too?

Chiefnj2
03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Sippio is as good as gone. Darling had two receptions his rookie year - TWICE the productivity as Sippio. Sippio would have to go all Jerry Rice and get three receptions in his second year to overtake Darling - who didn't have any receptions his second year; or third for that matter. Tough decisions with all this talent. Croyle is going to have a hard time deciding who to throw the ball to.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Sippio is as good as gone. Darling had two receptions his rookie year - TWICE the productivity as Sippio. Sippio would have to go all Jerry Rice and get three receptions in his second year to overtake Darling - who didn't have any receptions his second year; or third for that matter. Tough decisions with all this talent. Croyle is going to have a hard time deciding who to throw the ball to.

*Laughing*

I think you're oversimplifying the Darling situation.
He came out of college early and really wasn't ready for the NFL.
Couple that with missed time due to injuries and you understand why he stalled early in his career. He came on last season though and I think he'll have a shot at being a legitimate #2. It's his job to lose I think.

On the other hand... Sippio didn't assert himself with dick in front of him last year. So who is to say he ever will? Just playing Devil's Advocate...

Kerberos
03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
*Laughing*

I think you're oversimplifying the Darling situation.
He came out of college early and really wasn't ready for the NFL.
Couple that with missed time due to injuries and you understand why he stalled early in his career. He came on last season though and I think he'll have a shot at being a legitimate #2. It's his job to lose I think.

On the other hand... Sippio didn't assert himself with dick in front of him last year. So who is to say he ever will? Just playing Devil's Advocate...

Maybe Dick didn't like the Sip?

Chief Faithful
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM

I think two reasons: first he did not know the playbook as you suggest. Second, Sippio played DB in college and in the NFL. It takes more than the AFL to learn the finer points of how to play receiver in the NFL.

I think we will get to see what he can do this preseason.

Frosty
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Since we are talking about unproven receivers here, does anyone know anything about the 5th WR currently on the roster, Maurice Price?

The Chiefs picked him up last year as an UDFA and put him on IR during camp. The articles I read about him are intriguing but since he played at Charleston Southern University and came out as a junior, he is seriously raw.

http://enewschannels.com/2007/04/13/enc1134_032644.php

bowener
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Maybe Dick didn't like the Sip?

I think Dick is racist. Yes he is the 'yes man' to a black coach, but he is a QB coach. I mean come on, you know he picked QB coach because it is currently primarily played by white guys. We dumped Printers (black man) for Thigpen (white man). He loves Croyle, the loveable redneck, likes Huard the most mayonaise eating white man currently in the NFL. I really think we should look into if he may be sabotaging Herm Edwards. Maybe he is so gungho white power that he latched his career onto a black coach just to bring him down. Typical case of 'The Man' bringing the black man down.

/boredom

Count Zarth
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
lol

Dick Curl and Huard hate each other from what I understand.

mfkrush
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't know him or care about him. He can choke on the lint that is clogged in my taint.

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
In that case...
Parker's also contributed more than Webb.
Shall we forget about him too?

It could be done rather quickly.

This, is the New Deal.

RustShack
03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I think part of it was that Sippio litterally just got done with the AFL season when he came to trainging camp. So he already had a years worth beating on his body and didn't know the playbook.

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I think part of it was that Sippio litterally just got done with the AFL season when he came to trainging camp. So he already had a years worth beating on his body and didn't know the playbook.

I agree, they must be keeping Scippio Afrikanner around for one reason or another...he must be showing SOME kind of promise.

I'm definitely hoping this guy sticks at some level, if only as a comfort zone for Bowe, but behind Dwayne, the rest are completely replaceable...08 should give us a better idea on Bobby.

Like you say, it MUST be tough to come out of an AL season...then mentally digest & play your best in basically a rook NFL year.

StcChief
03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Sippio has to shine and have kept in shape in offseason....
better get on the same page with O playbook quick.

stonedstooge
03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
When your in the midst of a losing streak,why not give everyone a chance? It wasn't like after the defense began to falter that the team was going anywhere. And then Herm Carl come up with this brainstorm that it really is a rebuilding year. Then why not try out everyone to see if they can perform? Just didn't make any sense to me because it was a made up bullshit excuse from the two for the team looking like an NAIA team. Everyone should have gotten a chance to play at the end of the season last year and show what they had. My deal is that Herm and Carl came up with the bullshit line to save their own asses. Nothing more, nothing less, and just because Clark was born into a family with money doesn't necessariliy mean he's intelligent. What I've seen from him, he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

Count Zarth
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
What I've seen from him, he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

Clark is an SMU graduate. In fact, he was first in his ****ing class and he has a Masters in business. He's probably smarter than anyone in your family.

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
just because Clark was born into a family with money doesn't necessariliy mean he's intelligent. What I've seen from him, he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

So, putting the Clamp...on the Kings penchant for using crusty vets to stanch the bleeding & keep us at a "Respektable" 8-8, is dumb???

To actually BUILD through the draft & THEN supplement with FA's instead of vice/versa...that dumb???

It looks to me like Clark is redeeming the mistakes of his, beloved to all...Father.

stonedstooge
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
If you went to school yourself, most of the guys that I attended school that were the elites in school work had about as much common sense as a box of rocks. College degrees don't means shit to me. If I remember right in his news conference days he said he expected improvements in the teams and has since backed down from that. Or did I get that from WPI.

Count Zarth
03-13-2008, 08:31 PM
If you went to school yourself, most of the guys that I attended school that were the elites in school work had about as much common sense as a box of rocks. College degrees don't means shit to me. If I remember right in his news conference days he said he expected improvements in the teams and has since backed down from that. Or did I get that from WPI.

HE GRADUATED FIRST IN HIS ****ING CLASS.

AT ESSSS EMM ****ING YOUUUU.

Buehler445
03-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I want Sippio to succeed. I think he has a good head on his shoulders. He talked a lot of trash in AFL, but they probably made him do that so they would have something to film. He appears to work hard and is willing to block. After watching Sammie for years, I want someone who will CATCH THE BALL.

stonedstooge
03-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I was talking about giving everyone a chance that was on the team to show what they had. If you want to buy into the buildiing trough the draft, that's your choice. I don't think that it will work, but that is only my opinion. It doesn't matter. Only time will tell. I was hoping that when the season was lost, some of the guys, like Sippio could get a chance to have some plays their way to see what they could do. I haven't been impressed with Clarke telling the public one thing, and then the whole organization operating in a mode completely different then what he said. I believe he said he expected to see improvement next year. Do you see that happening next year? I don't.

Rausch
03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
After watching Sammie for years, I want someone who will CATCH THE BALL.

If you can't catch the ball what ****ing use are you as a WR?

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I believe he said he expected to see improvement next year. Do you see that happening next year? I don't.

The improvement is already happening before your eyes, soak your contacts or wipe off your glasses...stat.

Extra Point
03-13-2008, 08:55 PM
I want to see the double cousin inside slant, and see either one take out an MLB or a safety FTW.

doomy3
03-13-2008, 09:01 PM
When your in the midst of a losing streak,why not give everyone a chance? It wasn't like after the defense began to falter that the team was going anywhere. And then Herm Carl come up with this brainstorm that it really is a rebuilding year. Then why not try out everyone to see if they can perform? Just didn't make any sense to me because it was a made up bullshit excuse from the two for the team looking like an NAIA team. Everyone should have gotten a chance to play at the end of the season last year and show what they had. My deal is that Herm and Carl came up with the bullshit line to save their own asses. Nothing more, nothing less, and just because Clark was born into a family with money doesn't necessariliy mean he's intelligent. What I've seen from him, he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

Maybe because Sippio sucks so badly that we were able to pick him up off the streets in the middle of training camp because no one wanted him either. Even all the other bad teams in the league. :shrug:

Count Zarth
03-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I want to see the double cousin inside slant, and see either one take out an MLB or a safety FTW.

15 years from now, Bobby Sippio and Dwayne Bowe will be reminiscing about "double cousin inside slant" on NFL Films productions. It will be like 65 Toss Power Trap reborn.

Easy 6
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
15 years from now, Bobby Sippio and Dwayne Bowe will be reminiscing about "double cousin inside slant" on NFL Films productions. It will be like 65 Toss Power Trap reborn.

So Mote It Be...

Amen.

Thig Lyfe
03-13-2008, 09:10 PM
SIPPIO = PRO BOWLER

THIS SEASON

WRITE IT DOWN

Extra Point
03-13-2008, 09:11 PM
In fifteen years, there will be no company outside of the NFL doing NFL films.