PDA

View Full Version : Possible Obama VPs

whoman69
03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
All posturing by Hillary aside, there is no way Obama would choose her as a running mate. She represents the polarization of America that Obama is trying to avoid. Her choice would actually lose votes for him as it would polarize the right to come out to vote against her.

I would propose that he choose a woman from a swing state such as Florida or Ohio. Perhaps even a female Democrat from a red state would help. Any thoughts?

beer bacon
03-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas keeps popping up as a potential VP.

Mr. Kotter
03-15-2008, 11:09 AM
It's probably 4-8 years premature....but, for future reference, I'd submit Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin, Representative, SD

;)

Hoover
03-15-2008, 11:16 AM

No way in hell. Did you see her responce to the Presidents state of the union address. Very weak.

If the Dems want to lose this thing nominate Obama and make him select a woman VP. I couldn't think of any thing more dumb. They should be looking for the most qualified person. And for Obama's sake someone with a military background.

If I was Obama I would tab Bill Nelson from Florida.

Delano
03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
It's probably 4-8 years premature....but, for future reference, I'd submit Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin, Representative, SD

;)

She was referencing my penis in that picture.

beer bacon
03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
No way in hell. Did you see her responce to the Presidents state of the union address. Very weak.

If the Dems want to lose this thing nominate Obama and make him select a woman VP. I couldn't think of any thing more dumb. They should be looking for the most qualified person. And for Obama's sake someone with a military background.

If I was Obama I would tab Bill Nelson from Florida.

I keep hearing Wesley Clark brought up over and over again. There was also talk about Admiral Fallon, but I haven't heard anything to give the talk credence.

HonestChieffan
03-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Hope he picks Clair McCaskshrill and she never surfaces again

Infidel Goat
03-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Bill Richardson
William Cohen
Jim Webb

patteeu
03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Malik Zulu Shabazz is my dark horse. :Poke:

BucEyedPea
03-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Rev Wright

patteeu
03-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Bill Richardson
William Cohen
Jim Webb

I think Jim Webb might be a good choice.

StcChief
03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Hope he picks Clair McCaskshrill and she never surfaces again what he said. get her outta MO politics

vailpass
03-15-2008, 12:19 PM
All posturing by Hillary aside, there is no way Obama would choose her as a running mate. She represents the polarization of America that Obama is trying to avoid. Her choice would actually lose votes for him as it would polarize the right to come out to vote against her.

I would propose that he choose a woman from a swing state such as Florida or Ohio. Perhaps even a female Democrat from a red state would help. Any thoughts?

What about the esteemed Chief Harry Dougherty? Do you think he would be a good VP?

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Rev WrightLMAO

Adept Havelock
03-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Hope he picks Clair McCaskshrill and she never surfaces again

Still sore she whipped Talentless? :p

what he said. get her outta MO politics

LMAO I guess so.

Rev Wright

LMAO

I expect it'll be Richarson, Wes Clark, or possibly Nelson.

HonestChieffan
03-15-2008, 02:12 PM
No sore we have that sack of crap for a Senator.

Adept Havelock
03-15-2008, 02:28 PM
No sore we have that sack of crap for a Senator.

IMO, she beats Talentless or that bedsheet sniffing bible thumper who couldn't win an election against a corpse. Admittedly, that's not saying much. ;)

What specifically has she done to upset you so? Is it just the fact there is a -D after her name, or is your complaint something she's actually done?

Seems serious about working across the aisle, a decent history as a prosecutor, and has (AFAIK) refused to use "Earmarks". Spends a lot of time on Veterans issues. All pluses in my book.

Has she voted for some things I don't agree with? Sure.

Would I call her a "sack of crap" over her supporting some of the Dems bills I've opposed along with her other work? Nope.

She seems to have little to no interest in supporting a radical agenda from either Left or Right, and IMO that's a pretty decent congresscritter. Between her and Bond, I think MO's congresscritters could be a heck of a lot worse.

HolmeZz
03-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Richardson or Webb would be good.

a1na2
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Well, that would be one way to get her out of the state house!!

Guru
03-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, that would be one way to get her out of the state house!!
No friggin way. We will be done with her in 2 years anyway. I don't even want to think about her being a breath away from commander in chief.

whoman69
03-16-2008, 08:22 AM
While Richardson is seen as a maverick in some circles, with Obama's statement that we need to get away from the old way of doing politics would fly right into the face of that argument. If you look at the list of women in Congress, most have been in for less than a decade. Obama needs someone who is not afraid to vote their own mind and who does not have to toe the party line all the time.

a1na2
03-16-2008, 08:38 AM
No friggin way. We will be done with her in 2 years anyway. I don't even want to think about her being a breath away from commander in chief.

I fully agree, I was looking for a quick remedy for the train wreck she has caused in Kansas.

jAZ
03-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I think Jim Webb might be a good choice.

Mostly because it frees up a Senate seat in a competitive state.

ROYC75
03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I hear that the govenor of NY is available, Mr Spitzer would make a good choice , No wait, that would be Hillary's choice, another Bill like figure in the WH.

Obama could always go with Mrs. Spitzer, strong woman, standing by her man.

Fat Elvis
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Richardson has the foreign policy experience that is the big knock against Obama.

I wouldn't mind Edwards either, but I think Richardson is the right choice.

RedDread
03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Harold Ford for the Black-on-Black ticket

whoman69
03-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Richardson has the foreign policy experience that is the big knock against Obama.

They'd rip Richardson apart for his comment during the debates to take everyone out of Iraq within the first few months. His "plan" was made totally without forethought. If they want someone with foreign policy credentials it would be Biden, but once again old politics.

kcfanintitanhell
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
What's Colin Powell been up to lately?

patteeu
03-18-2008, 05:43 AM
What's Colin Powell been up to lately?

An Obama/Powell ticket would have some appeal, no doubt, both from the aspect of those who would like to see signs of bipartisan cooperation and from those who yearn to elect a black man to the nation's highest office as an end in itself. But it sure wouldn't do anything to address the concerns that some people have over Obama's 20 year membership in an ethnocentric, if not black separatist, church. In the end, it would probably be a net positive though.

Frankie
03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
She was referencing my penis in that picture.

I can lip-read. I can say with %99.23 acuracy that she is mouthing the word "whole." Maybe she is talking about something in total. :hmmm:

Frankie
03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I keep hearing Wesley Clark brought up over and over again. There was also talk about Admiral Fallon, but I haven't heard anything to give the talk credence.

Wes Clark, I think, is a Clintonite.

Frankie
03-18-2008, 11:54 AM

I agree. But a ticket of two "minorities" might be risky.

Frankie
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
They'd rip Richardson apart for his comment during the debates to take everyone out of Iraq within the first few months. His "plan" was made totally without forethought. If they want someone with foreign policy credentials it would be Biden, but once again old politics.

Biden is too much of a maverick to be on the ticket as a VP. Prez or bust for him.

whoman69
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Biden is too much of a maverick to be on the ticket as a VP. Prez or bust for him.

I think Biden's run has cooled any ambitions he might have for the job. I could see him as Sec. of State. I didn't think he was a serious vp candidate, just pointing out that there are better options than Richardson, though Richardson might shore up hispanics.

Frankie
04-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Chuck Hagel. That would be an interesting ticket.

SBK
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I say go with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. It'd be a good way to distance himself from a nutty preacher.

jAZ
04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I heard Sam Nunn's name mentioned the other day. Could he and Obama combine to turn Georgia blue?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Joe Biden.

keg in kc
04-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it would be entertaining to see him select a black woman as runningmate. Racists would be up in arms, sexists would be up in arms, it would be quite the show. Hell, the reaction from all sides, pro and con, would likely be priceless.

Entertainment aside, I'm not sure of the wisdom of selecting a woman (race doesn't matter) as a runningmate. I think electing a black man will be hurdle enough to a fairly large segment of the population, and I'd say having a woman running on the same ticket would probably just exacerbate the problem. But I've been wrong before, and maybe I just don't have enough faith in the ethnic and gender development of the US.

SBK
04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I heard Sam Nunn's name mentioned the other day. Could he and Obama combine to turn Georgia blue?

Nope. Are you really thinking this through?