PDA

View Full Version : Okay, mark one item off of my lifetime "to do" list.

Rain Man
03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
I just heard Springsteen do Jungleland live. Yay!

My ears are going to take a couple of days to recover, though.

KCChiefsMan
03-17-2008, 12:14 AM
working your bucket list?

ClevelandBronco
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM

I saw Springsteen live in '78 ('79?) in a Columbus, Ohio venue that was very much like the Paramount Theater in Denver. (2,000 seats, max.)

It was the most viscerally powerful concert I've ever experienced.

Rain Man
03-17-2008, 12:29 AM

Next up: Kick a playoff field goal for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2008, 12:29 AM

For those who haven't seen it.....GREAT movie. :thumb:

:clap:

pr_capone
03-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Next up: Kick a playoff field goal for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Is that even possible? Recent trends would indicate that it is not. :)

ChiefaRoo
03-17-2008, 12:51 AM

...In the tunnels uptown, the rats own dream guns him down, the shots echo through them hallways in the night.... no one watches as the ambulance pulls away.... or as the girl shuts out the bedroom light..... outside the streets on fire, in a real death waltz, between what's flesh and what's fantasy......and the poets down here don't write nothin' at all, they just stand back and let it all be....

and in the quick of the night, they reach for their moment and try to make an honest stand...but they wind up wounded and not even dead...tonight.. in.. jungleland.........

:)

Halfcan
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM

go see Rush next-your ears will love you for it

Iowanian
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Was his roady on your return flight?

Psyko Tek
03-17-2008, 10:21 PM
seen springsteen in '84 Born In the USA tour
4 hours of kickass

loved that show

Deberg_1990
03-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Just by chance....is Kill Carl Peterson on your bucket list???

patteeu
03-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Where'd you hear this? Did you go to a concert? Did Springsteen stop by your place and play an unaccompanied acoustic version for you? Or did you hear one of those live, in-studio promotional deals on the radio?

I've never seen him, but friends of mine who've been to his shows say they are invariably excellent and often really long (in a good you-get-your-money's-worth way).

Amnorix
03-18-2008, 10:02 AM

How are "go to Madagascar" and "recover your stolen bike and kick the ass of whoever swiped it" looking?

Rain Man
03-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Was his roady on your return flight?

Sadly, he wasn't around. Which was probably good since [internet talk]I would have kicked his ass and then dragged his bloody body around the terminal as a lesson to everyone else.[/internet talk].

Rain Man
03-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Just by chance....is Kill Carl Peterson on your bucket list???

Kill? Probably not, unless he cheats on airline seating. Which he probably does.

Rain Man
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Where'd you hear this? Did you go to a concert? Did Springsteen stop by your place and play an unaccompanied acoustic version for you? Or did you hear one of those live, in-studio promotional deals on the radio?

I've never seen him, but friends of mine who've been to his shows say they are invariably excellent and often really long (in a good you-get-your-money's-worth way).

I wish he would stop by the office, but sadly, I had to go to his place, which was a large arena.

It's always a good show. Sadly, this one didn't quite match up to the two previous ones I've been to, but it was still very good. Patty Scialfa was a last-minute scratch, so they were down a guitar, and my wife and I both had the same conclusion as the fan reviews that the showmanship was a bit down from his usual shows.

Rain Man
03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
How are "go to Madagascar" and "recover your stolen bike and kick the ass of whoever swiped it" looking?

Screw the hurricane. I'm going to Madagascar. The hotel said that they have two rooms that are still usable, so I figure I won't have any maddening crowds. And how bad can it be if they only lost 70 to 80 percent of their buildings?

I will never, NEVER give up on recovering my bike. The Scarlet Flash WILL come home.