PDA

View Full Version : The Mist

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Has anyone seen this? I just finished watching it. It's got to be in the top 4 Stephen King movies ever made. Shawshank, The Green Mile, The Shining..

I might put The Mist a notch above The Shining, and that's saying a LOT.

The ending is.... wow. I don't really know what to say and not ruin it. I'll say this, most people would probably hate it, but for me it was perfect.

Frazod
03-17-2008, 12:21 AM
I remember reading the short story. It was very good.

pr_capone
03-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I saw the movie a while back... pretty good!

I just never understood why he did not double up at the end. I hope those of you who have seen the movie get what I am trying to say as I don't want to spoil it for others.

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 12:25 AM
I remember reading the short story. It was very good.It is. The ending here is different, but excellent.

Word is Frank Darabont (Director of The Mist, Shawshank, and The Green Mile) is doing "The Long Walk" next.

I can't wait.

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I saw the movie a while back... pretty good!

I just never understood why he did not double up at the end. I hope those of you who have seen the movie get what I am trying to say as I don't want to spoil it for others.Gotcha... and thank you for not posting spoilers.

I thought about that too... but there's a strong likelyhood that it wouldn't go as planned.

elvomito
03-17-2008, 12:50 AM
i thought it was a great movie and i'm so glad they didn't give it a sappy ending.
here (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175134)'s a link to the first thread

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
i thought it was a great movie and i'm so glad they didn't give it a sappy ending.
here (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175134)'s a link to the first threadAh, thanks, man. Sorry, I'd have tried to dig it up if I'd thought about it.

I hoped this would be decent.... got more than I expected. Excellent horror movie. Much better than the Saw, Hostel crap.

elvomito
03-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Ah, thanks, man. Sorry, I'd have tried to dig it up if I'd thought about it.

I hoped this would be decent.... got more than I expected. Excellent horror movie. Much better than the Saw, Hostel crap.oh by far. just goes to show that real horror isn't about graphic content.
i thought you might like some of the discussion in that other thread.
i also think it would have been fun to experience something like this, the ending was highly irrational

ottawa_chiefs_fan
03-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I just finished filming "The Pissed" this past weekend - watch for it!

Sure-Oz
03-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I want to see that, i heard the dvd edition has a "black and white" version that is supposed to be better i guess

Frankie
03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I remember reading the short story. It was very good.

Speaking of King short stories, I listened to the tape of one called (I think) "Grandma" a few years ago. It was pretty spooky. Can't find it anywhere anymore. Do you know where I can find that one?

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 10:14 AM

I'd agree if you're referencing the Kubrick version of The Shining but the tv mini-series was the absolute best King I've ever seen.I'm sure that's because King was executive producer and his story was finally shown exactly as he wrote it.

Word of caution though if anyone checks out the mini-series try and watch all 4 1/2 hours in one sitting to get the full effect.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-17-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah, Kind disliked the original version fo the Shining so much, he demanded his name be removed from it.

MTG#10
03-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Better than The Shining? Not even close imo. I thought the movie was okay, and the ending would have been cool had I not guessed it right before it happened. I told my wife how screwed up it would be if that happened, then about 30 seconds later it did.

Deberg_1990
03-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd agree if you're referencing the Kubrick version of The Shining but the tv mini-series was the absolute best King I've ever seen.

Its ok. Well made certainly, but its no where near as creepy as the Kubrick version.

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Its ok. Well made certainly, but its no where near as creepy as the Kubrick version.

Gotta disagree especially since we're comparing a TV movie to a major motion picture.Turn off the lights and watch all 4 1/2 hours in one sitting,it delivers in a big way.

Adept Havelock
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
It is. The ending here is different, but excellent.

Word is Frank Darabont (Director of The Mist, Shawshank, and The Green Mile) is doing "The Long Walk" next.

I can't wait.

Fantastic news, but I'm not sure how well that story will translate to the big screen. So much of the story takes place inside Garraty's noggin...though Michael Cerra might make an interesting Ray Garraty.

That's one of my favorites from Mr. King. Every time I pick it up, I'm almost exhausted by the end of the story.

I'd like to see him do "Rage", but I think any chances of that disappered when the Columbine shootings happened.

Gotta disagree especially since we're comparing a TV movie to a major motion picture.Turn off the lights and watch all 4 1/2 hours in one sitting,it delivers in a big way.

I'd agree. I love Kubrick's take on the story, but it's pretty far from the novel in parts. I did miss Scatman Cruthers and Jack, but De Mornay was a real upgrade from Shelly Duvall.

I'm also fond of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park where they filmed it, so that was another plus in my book.

VonneMarie
03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Has anyone seen this? I just finished watching it. It's got to be in the top 4 Stephen King movies ever made. Shawshank, The Green Mile, The Shining..

The ending is.... wow. I don't really know what to say and not ruin it. I'll say this, most people would probably hate it, but for me it was perfect.

How did you just finish watching it?

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
How did you just finish watching it?I plead the fifth.

VonneMarie
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Gotcha... I was going to say it wasn't even out yet. LOL

KcMizzou
03-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Gotcha... I was going to say it wasn't even out yet. LOLI'll buy it when it comes out, just because I enjoyed it so much. I'm a sucker for a good monster movie.

Demonpenz
03-17-2008, 07:03 PM
i liked hostel 2 and saw 3 better

VonneMarie
03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll buy it when it comes out, just because I enjoyed it so much. I'm a sucker for a good monster movie.

Speaking of which, I sure can't wait for Cloverfield. :)

Halfcan
03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
yawn the big bugs were kinda cool-but the acting was horrific

POP
03-17-2008, 09:18 PM
yawn the big bugs were kinda cool-but the acting was horrific

I agree, but that monster more then made up for it.