PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Pat's...so who's having corned beef

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 09:48 AM
and cabbage and green beer?

As I type this the aroma floating up from downstairs is amazing.All of our employees have a full blown St Pat's meal roasting and I am so ready for lunch.Corned beef,cabbage,potatoes,carrots,made from scratch hot rolls and honey butter,various desserts.

:toast:

Sure-Oz
03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Im at work all day, my gf is in cali enjoying it there though!

StcChief
03-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Made a variation of Guinness recipe on http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Guinness-Corned-Beef/Detail.aspx using Schlafly Oatmeal Stout 3.5 hrs on 300F flipped /Turkey basted Beer broth on it every hour. Covered with foil

Excellent.

SLAG
03-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Im at work so I'm just going to drink some green tea for now

I will get to the beer later

Mr. Plow
03-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Man. If I wasn't calling in sick on Thursday for the KU game, I'd call in sick tomorrow and go drinking tonight. Who am I kidding....

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Made a variation of Guinness recipe on http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Guinness-Corned-Beef/Detail.aspx using Schlafly Oatmeal Stout 3.5 hrs on 300F flipped /Turkey basted Beer broth on it every hour. Covered with foil

Excellent.

That sounds excellent.

Happy St Pat's!!!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/Nzoner_photos/DSCF0074.jpg

KChiefsQT
03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm skipping the corned beef and cabbage and going right for that beer! Never very fond of the Irish meal, but love St Patty's for other reasons.

Dartgod
03-17-2008, 10:08 AM
That sounds excellent.

Happy St Pat's!!!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/Nzoner_photos/DSCF0074.jpg

That's the midget at O'Shea's isn't it?

In answer to your question, the corned beef is cooking in the crock pot at home.

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
That's the midget at O'Shea's isn't it?

Yep,the one and only,I am so depressed I'm not going to be there in a few days now. :(

Dartgod
03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Yep,the one and only,I am so depressed I'm not going to be there in a few days now. :(
Yeah, I read what happened in the other thread. Bummer...

So when are you planning to go this fall? We'll be there in October again, whenever Buffett is playing. That's usually the last two weeks of Oct.

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I read what happened in the other thread. Bummer...

So when are you planning to go this fall? We'll be there in October again, whenever Buffett is playing. That's usually the last two weeks of Oct.

No set date yet,we wanted to go 2nd week of Sept because Alan Parsons is playing but it's very close to my deadline,so still trying to decide.

BucEyedPea
03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Makin corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread but no green beer.

Spicy McHaggis
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Had some soda bread this morning and some corned beef for lunch. I'm thinking on starting with the beer in an hour or so.

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Joe,

2 years ago, when I was up at your place, that meal was delicious. Good stuff... in fact, it was the first time that I had EVER had that meal. You all were quite generous.

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Joe,

2 years ago, when I was up at your place, that meal was delicious. Good stuff... in fact, it was the first time that I had EVER had that meal. You all were quite generous.

It's the same meal and I'm on my way downstairs to get a plate,oh and there's plenty if anyone is in the neighborhood.

Psyko Tek
03-17-2008, 11:24 AM
LAsyt night saw Flogging Molly in Tempe,
today I am in hangover recovery mode

was drinking Smithwicks

Delano
03-17-2008, 11:29 AM
I had some very good corned beef and braised cabbage loaded with carroway seeds on Saturday night. They had some horseradish that was mixed with sour cream.

I drank the bar's own stout.

Lonewolf Ed
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I am going to make oxtail stew this afternoon, and have homemade dark bread with Irish cheddar cheese on it. I told a girl about it who made a face, and I said the key is to curl the oxtail up in the bottom of a large pot, because when it gets hot, it straightens out like a cue stick. It's actually sliced and I use it to make a flavorful broth, but it was more fun to tell her otherwise! :D

chasedude
03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Just finished some Corn Beef and Cabbage here. Local Hotel had that for their buffet today. Add some nice new potatoes and a piece of mint chocolate brownie for dessert, yum! I'm glad I'm in an office to myself, I can feel the gas gurgling in my intestines already. :doh!:

StcChief
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Makin corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread but no green beer.

had left over Corned beef, went to MC cafe and got Irish Soda bread for sandwich. Dijon and Horseradish mustard.

just as good today. No Green Beer either :D

gblowfish
03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
I had Corned Beef and cabbage at the Long Branch for lunch. No beer, I'm still on duty.

Corned beef was good, the cabbage was a little intense. Carrots and new potatoes on the side were tasty.

I'll have a beerski later when I get off work.

eazyb81
03-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Man, I sure do miss going to the St. Patty's Day Parade in KC and getting retarded drunk. I used to go with friends back in high school and I'm still amazed we didn't get in more trouble. That place can get wild.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I made reubens last night, that's as close to corned beef and cabbage I care to get.

chasedude
03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I made reubens last night, that's as close to corned beef and cabbage I care to get.

Sour Kraut too? Cabbage simmering in a little lactic acid, tasty :D

cjrr
03-17-2008, 03:29 PM
and cabbage and green beer?

As I type this the aroma floating up from downstairs is amazing.All of our employees have a full blown St Pat's meal roasting and I am so ready for lunch.Corned beef,cabbage,potatoes,carrots,made from scratch hot rolls and honey butter,various desserts.

:toast:

That sounds good, yum yum.

StcChief
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Man, I sure do miss going to the St. Patty's Day Parade in KC and getting retarded drunk. I used to go with friends back in high school and I'm still amazed we didn't get in more trouble. That place can get wild.

Dogtown in STL gets pretty nuts. The original local Irish parade,

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm going to abduct a midget, dye him green, toss him in my blender and have a St. Patty's smoothie.

StcChief
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm going to abduct a midget, dye him green, toss him in my blender and have a St. Patty's smoothie.

so an Irish Green / British Red smootie.

Demonpenz
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
i was down at the p and L and the irish bar there doesn't serve corn beef (not mcfaddins the other one) they said it isn't traditional irish

crazycoffey
03-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I had some on Sat. with a friend (course - he didn't even though he claims to have some Irish blood in his veins), Then the kids came in town Sunday - so I'm a no go at the drinking it up station.....

Not even green beer. having a few whiskeys and water after they start getting settled in.

Nzoner
03-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I had some on Sat. with a friend (course - he didn't even though he claims to have some Irish blood in his veins), Then the kids came in town Sunday - so I'm a no go at the drinking it up station.....

Not even green beer. having a few whiskeys and water after they start getting settled in.

I'd like to be drinking tonight but I got in a little trouble last week so Ill wait until our March Madness draft tomorrow night.

crazycoffey
03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd like to be drinking tonight but I got in a little trouble last week so Ill wait until our March Madness draft tomorrow night.

sobriety of over-rated. You all aren't nearly as entertaining....

DANCE MONKEYS!

:)