PDA

View Full Version : D-Jax anyone?

DTLB58
03-17-2008, 06:20 PM
49ers waived WR Darrell Jackson.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114156

After adding Isaac Bruce and Bryant Johnson, the team no longer needed the disappointing Jackson. It's doubtful that Jackson will ever repeat his pre-2005 numbers, but he will draw interest from teams with a West Coast offense. Likely destinations include the Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, and Vikings. Mar. 15 - 8:49 am et

Forget the west coast teams. We are making this offense easy enough for anyone to catch on and play their first year with the Chiefs.

Any buyers here?

Hoover
03-17-2008, 06:23 PM
100% yes. I would thiink differently if we were bringing him in to be our #1 WR but we are not. Let him be the #2 or slot guy. He is only 29 or 30 and would bring a nice veteran leadership to the WR corps. That would also mean we will not have to draft one. Plus I think you could get him on the cheap.

Dicky McElephant
03-17-2008, 06:25 PM
100% yes. I would thiink differently if we were bringing him in to be our #1 WR but we are not. Let him be the #2 or slot guy. He is only 29 or 30 and would bring a nice veteran leadership to the WR corps. That would also mean we will not have to draft one. Plus I think you could get him on the cheap.

Why the hell would we not draft a WR if we sign D.Jax?

MIAdragon
03-17-2008, 06:26 PM
I dont think he'd be a #2 guy even with us

KCChiefsMan
03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
yes! he's a damn good WR and could really help with D-Bowe. I want him!

Hoover
03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Why the hell would we not draft a WR if we sign D.Jax?

Because we would have Bowe, Darling, Jackson, Webb, and I'm assuming we sign a WR who can return kicks for us. There are only so many spots on for WRs on a team, probably 5 max. So do you draft WR who you don't have room for? No. We need to focus on building the offensive and defensive line in the draft, we can nab another WR in the draft next year.

SNR
03-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Just as long as there's room for Sippio's 3000 yards and 39 TDs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I saw enough drops from Morton to last me a lifetime.

No thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2008, 07:30 PM

No thanks.

Bowser
03-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Just as long as there's room for Sippio's 3000 yards and 39 TDs.

There's going to be a whole other half season after that.

DTLB58
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Bump

Ebolapox
03-18-2008, 10:35 AM
sure, why not.

patteeu
03-18-2008, 10:36 AM

No thanks.

Same.

OnTheWarpath58
03-18-2008, 10:37 AM
I guess WR isn't a need for this team anymore?

I mean, people are chomping at the bit to sign an injured almost 30-something for the OL, but not at WR?

patteeu
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM

I mean, people are chomping at the bit to sign an injured almost 30-something for the OL, but not at WR?

I don't want a 30-something free agent at any position right now. Unless the Chiefs believe they've got another Willie Roaf opportunity they should focus on young free agents, draft picks, and internal talent/leadership of all ages, IMO. It would be different if the team was ready to seriously contend instead of just starting it's rebuilding process.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 10:55 AM

It absolutely is.
And I'd definitely cough up 3 million over two years for Jackson.
Receivers can play well into their mid-30's. Jackson could give us two-three productive seasons.

I think that's a little different.
Hartwig came into the league at 23 years old. He turned 24 after the 2002 season started. Then consider the fact that there were two seasons where he played in less than 4 games. He's a lot younger than he seems.

El Jefe
03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
It absolutely is.
And I'd definitely cough up 3 million over two years for Jackson.
Receivers can play well into their mid-30's. Jackson could give us two-three productive seasons.

I think that's a little different.
Hartwig came into the league at 23 years old. He turned 24 after the 2002 season started. Then consider the fact that there were two seasons where he played in less than 4 games. He's a lot younger than he seems.

QFT

Der Flöprer
03-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't want a 30-something free agent at any position right now. Unless the Chiefs believe they've got another Willie Roaf opportunity they should focus on young free agents, draft picks, and internal talent/leadership of all ages, IMO. It would be different if the team was ready to seriously contend instead of just starting it's rebuilding process.

Seriously, this team needs some veteran leadership. As long as the price is right, these kids need some guys to come in here and teach them how to win. That said, DJack ain't the guy. I live in Seattle, and have followed the guy pretty closely. He's a me guy. We don't need none of that shit in KC, and he's not very good anymore. As much as I'd like to see us sign a veteran receiver, this isn't the guy. I promise.

keg in kc
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Stay away. Stay far away.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Please stay away...

After all we have Darling, Webb and Sippio.
:rolleyes:

keg in kc
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Please stay away...

After all we have Darling, Webb and Sippio.Yes, because not wanting a 30-year old turd like Darrell Jackson = "I'm fine with Darling, Webb and Sippio".

I'd like to see the team actually get better. And I don't think signing an over-the-hill never-was with stone hands and an attitude problem is the way to do that.

Although, hey, maybe if we can sign enough "D-Jax"s, let's say 25 of them, they can mold together to form the equivalent of one good receiver. Like Voltron running patterns.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, because not wanting a 30-year old turd like Darrell Jackson = "I'm fine with Darling, Webb and Sippio".

Turd?
He caught 10 TD's the season prior to joining up with the league's worst offense.

I'd like to see the team actually get better. And I don't think signing an over-the-hill never-was with stone hands and an attitude problem is the way to do that.

His last 4 seasons in Seattle he had 3,700 Receiving Yards and 29 TD's.
Don't watch much of the NFL do you?

And here's a dirty little secret...
Wide Receivers in the NFL routinely play well into their mid-30's.
We signed Eddie Kennison one month before he turned 29 years old if memory serves.

StcChief
03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Darrell Jackson would be worth a look.

EyePod
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
He just had his worst year!!! He's heading towards 30!!! There's no way we sign this guy. Tony's enough Veteran for the offense, and although you don't like him, Huard is too. DJ seems like a waste to me. And for me, the problem is the yards/catch. 10.8 when he's averaging 14.3 career. He's getting worse, and he didn't do well on a bad team.....(and they were still better than us). BAD DECISION.

suds79
03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
No thanks. We need to find the next set of good players in the league. Not guys who had their season's 3 or 4 years ago.

That's partly how we got in this mess. :shake:

keg in kc
03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Don't watch much of the NFL do you?Yes, because anybody who disagrees with you must not know anything.

You'll grow out of that eventually.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Webb had a better Stat line last year.

OnTheWarpath58
03-18-2008, 02:10 PM

I agree 100%.

Got the thread going a bit though, didn't it?

:D

KCrockaholic
03-18-2008, 02:24 PM
sorta of topic, but where do you think Sippio will fit with the chiefs next year? i would be happy with him as a #2 receiver but i doubt herm would do that. what does anyone think?

OnTheWarpath58
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
sorta of topic, but where do you think Sippio will fit with the chiefs next year? i would be happy with him as a #2 receiver but i doubt herm would do that. what does anyone think?

Won't see the field, just like last year.

There's no way he plays ahead of Bowe, Darling, Webb or a draft pick.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
He just had his worst year!!! He's heading towards 30!!!

He also played on the worst offense in the NFL.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 02:56 PM
He also played on the worst offense in the NFL.

as he would IF he came here so whats your point?

patteeu
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Seriously, this team needs some veteran leadership. As long as the price is right, these kids need some guys to come in here and teach them how to win. That said, DJack ain't the guy. I live in Seattle, and have followed the guy pretty closely. He's a me guy. We don't need none of that shit in KC, and he's not very good anymore. As much as I'd like to see us sign a veteran receiver, this isn't the guy. I promise.

I'm OK with veteran leadership from a FA who comes here in his mid to upper 20's, but if it's going to be a 30 something, he'd better be pretty special.

And I haven't followed Jackson as closely as you have, but my impression is that he's had injury problems, drops balls, and was a bust the last time a team signed him as a free agent.

Deberg_1990
03-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Seriously, this team needs some veteran leadership.

Tony G, LJ, Waters, Surtain, Donnie Edwards and DJ doesnt do it for ya??

Micjones
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes, because anybody who disagrees with you must not know anything.

You'll grow out of that eventually.

*Waving to the strawman*

Has nothing to do with whether or not you and I agree.
It's your problem with the facts that you should take a look at.

If you really had been watching the NFL you'd know Darrell Jackson has been very productive.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
as he would IF he came here so whats your point?

We had the worst offense in the NFL last season?
This team is in much better shape offensively.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
If you really had been watching the NFL you'd know Darrell Jackson has been very productive.

Jackson was among the NFC leaders in drops last season and he only caught 44% of balls thrown his way

Micjones
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Jackson was among the NFC leaders in drops last season and he only caught 44% of balls thrown his way

Randy Moss had a Catch % of 45% the season prior.
Damn shame the Patriots are going to give him 27 million dollars over the course of the next three years.

Other Receivers with the dropsies?
Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson.
They suck too...

The guy had an off year in 2007.
His Catch % (which isn't as useful to you drop detectives as you think) the year before was 58%. Which is pretty good in the NFL.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Randy Moss had a Catch % of 45% the season prior.
Damn shame the Patriots are going to give him 27 million dollars over the course of the next three years.

Other Receivers with the dropsies?
Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson.
They suck too...

The guy had an off year in 2007.
His Catch % (which isn't as useful to you drop detectives as you think) the year before was 58%. Which is pretty good in the NFL.

Haha I knew Moss 45 would be thrown in here. Moss didnt care He didnt want to be there and took the "year off".

Ok loose the % and spin this, he ranked 9th in the NFC last with for the most drops.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Haha I knew Moss 45 would be thrown in here. Moss didnt care He didnt want to be there and took the "year off".

Ok loose the % and spin this, he ranked 9th in the NFC last with for the most drops.

An eye-popping SEVEN drops.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
An eye-popping SEVEN drops.

Still enough to have him in the top 10.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Still enough to have him in the top 10.

You're right.
With the likes of Reggie Bush, Santana Moss, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Brian Westbrook, Shaun McDonald and Desmond Clark (among others).

BUMS...

OnTheWarpath58
03-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing over DROPS.

It's like hearing someone say that Trevor Laws is equal to Sedrick Ellis because he made more tackles.

Both are extremely subjective statistics.

Micjones
03-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing over DROPS.

It's like hearing someone say that Trevor Laws is equal to Sedrick Ellis because he made more tackles.

Both are extremely subjective statistics.

We were. I think I've pretty much proven my point now.

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
We were. I think I've pretty much proven my point now.

The guy is KNOWN for big time drops if that isn’t a big deal then great bring him in.

Frosty
03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, the guy was so good that the Seahawks didn't mind trading him within the division. :rolleyes: No thanks.

Der Flöprer
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Tony G, LJ, Waters, Surtain, Donnie Edwards and DJ doesnt do it for ya??

Tony G, Brian Waters, and Donnie Edwards do. LJ probably never will. He's another me guy. DJ needs to prove it on the field more, and be more vocal. He definitely has the potential. No, I want a half dozen SOLID veterans on this team at a minimum. Guy's who've experienced hard fought victories. JMO