PDA

View Full Version : Obama would fire Imus but stands by Wright?

HonestChieffan
03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/64554.html

Ok, that stands to reason....

memyselfI
03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/64554.html

Ok, that stands to reason....

That is because his name is Barack Hword Obama...

and I don't mean Hussein.

MurphDog
03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Obama is a polished turd and I wouldnt expect anything less, Wright is a race hustler and nothing more.

Sully
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
That's disappointing.
I can't imagine calling for someone's livelihood because they said something stupid. Of course, I don't run a company that's profits are based solely on public perception.

That said, it was clear what his intention was, but he did stop short of saying he should be fired, simply saying he wouldn't have Imus working for him.

HolmeZz
03-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Obama thinks Imus is a bad person?

Messier
03-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow! So Obama being interviewed right after the Imus story broke said Imus would not work for him. And?

Guru
03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Gotta love double standards.

mikey23545
03-18-2008, 05:43 PM
They probably asked him on a Sunday right after church let out...He was still full of the spirit, you see...

HolmeZz
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM

More a failure to understand. He's repeatedly condemned the things Wright said. He's "standing by" him by not decrying him as some evil person, which he didn't do to Imus either. It's not hypocritical for Obama to think people should live with the consequences of their words. By your logic, Imus could've said anything and Obama couldn't have been of that opinion.

Some of you have no room to even play the double standard card after the way you ignored the McCain-Parsley thread like the plague.

Guru
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
More a failure to understand. He's repeatedly condemned the things Wright said. He's "standing by" him by not decrying him as some evil person, which he didn't do to Imus either. It's not hypocritical for Obama to think people should live with the consequences of their words. By your logic, Imus could've said anything and Obama couldn't have been of that opinion.

Some of you have no room to even play the double standard card after the way you ignored the McCain-Parsley thread like the plague.

Get off your high horse. I am speaking of all politicians with that statement. They all have double standards and none of them can truly be trusted.

patteeu
03-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm sure that if Obama spent 20 years hanging out with Imus in order to advance his political career while Imus ranted about nappy headed hos and inbred morons, he'd understand why Imus is the way he is and it would all be a part of Obama even if it makes him cringe.

pikesome
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sure that if Obama spent 20 years hanging out with Imus in order to advance his political career while Imus ranted about nappy headed hos and inbred morons, he'd understand why Imus is the way he is and it would all be a part of Obama even if it makes him cringe.

I think there's a real good point in here.

Taco John
03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm still having a hard time understanding what Wright said that was racist.

Does someone have a quote?

|Zach|
03-18-2008, 06:50 PM

I am sure you can find one here.

http://conservababes.com/forum/index.php

HolmeZz
03-18-2008, 07:10 PM

He mentioned racial aspects, but I ultimately think his issue was with government, not your average white person.

a1na2
03-18-2008, 07:11 PM

It's obvious that you didn't hear the audio from his sermons. I'm sure that you probably wouldn't be able to find anything racist then either, but very able to find personally expedient examples.

Iowanian
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Lets pretend John McCain went to a church, was married by and children baptized by David Duke....He hires him as his spiritual advisor in his campaign.....today, he says "I know he says a lot of nasty things, and I don't like some of them, but he's a nice guy to me"

I'm sure the obama fainting goats would be lining up to support the move.

fwiw...I did watch his speech today, and tried to do so with an open mind.

As usual, he's well spoken and great at "look over here" in rythmic cadences. Intoxicating.
I don't agree with very many of his political views, I hate his foreign policy, I deeply dislike the idea that he's going to raise SS taxes and he's promising things we'll never be able to afford. I was however, fairly impressed with the part of his speech where he discussed why some blacks are bitter, how working class whites feel they're earning their own way without a boost(we are) and that at some point, we all have to put that shit behind(bitterness) and just keep moving forward.

he'll be a great talkshow host when Oprah retires.

HolmeZz
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
The fact that the likes of pat and iowanian actually watched the speech and can admit they were impressed is about the best that Obama could've expected.

Messier
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Where is the double standard?

HolmeZz
03-18-2008, 07:36 PM

Wright should've lost his radio talk show.

go bowe
03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
bush is da debbil...

oh, ok...

hussein sucks donkey ass...

but bush is still da debbil...

StcChief
03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
of course he does 'Whitey' been putting down the black man far to long

patteeu
03-18-2008, 08:07 PM
He mentioned racial aspects, but I ultimately think his issue was with government, not your average white person.

I'd agree except that I'd replace government with "the system" by which I mean government, corporations, the education system, the good old boy network, private foundations, and every other manifestation of establishment power in our country (with a few exceptions like black churches, the Nation of Islam, etc). I doubt that he's racist on a person to person basis. He sounds like a hater to me though.

Iowanian
03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
The fact that the likes of pat and iowanian actually watched the speech and can admit they were impressed is about the best that Obama could've expected.

I've said all along that he was a gifted speaker. He tries to channel MLK with his delivery. He's defitely intelligent and well spoken.

My problem is that his politics are just way, way too far left for me.

I also think its completely hypocritical for him to support the firing of Imus over 1 comment "knappy headed ho" while blowing off 20 years of raucious statements by his preacher. Some of his arguements made sense as to why some people have the opinions that they do....but it was a blatant example of what I've said he does all along.

He's a street magician...."look over here, watch this hand"...while the other is hiding the rabbit that just shit on the rim of his top hat.

If he didn't believe in adopting french Military tactics and increasing my taxes...maybe I'd look at him more seriously.

in my opinion, any US president that is loved by Europe(unless we're saving their ass again)...isn't looking out for the best interest of the people he should be....Americans.

go bowe
03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
That is because his name is Barack Hword Obama...

and I don't mean Hussein.well, jeezus-h-Christ...

what DO you mean?

memyselfI
03-18-2008, 08:50 PM
well, jeezus-h-Christ...

what DO you mean?

H for Hypocrite.

ChiefaRoo
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Obama is a lightweight.

Logical
03-18-2008, 09:31 PM
well, jeezus-h-Christ...

what DO you mean?I was wondering that as well.

pikesome
03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I've said all along that he was a gifted speaker. He tries to channel MLK with his delivery. He's defitely intelligent and well spoken.

I also think its completely hypocritical for him to support the firing of Imus over 1 comment "knappy headed ho" while blowing off 20 years of raucious statements by his preacher. Some of his arguements made sense as to why some people have the opinions that they do....but it was a blatant example of what I've said he does all along.

He's a street magician...."look over here, watch this hand"...while the other is hiding the rabbit that just shit on the rim of his top hat.

If he didn't believe in adopting french Military tactics and increasing my taxes...maybe I'd look at him more seriously.

in my opinion, any US president that is loved by Europe(unless we're saving their ass again)...isn't looking out for the best interest of the people he should be....Americans.

I'm not going to endorse this 100% but pretty damn close. I like BHO just not his politics.

Iowanian
03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I just saw that the skeezasaurus is against Harpo. I may have to re-evaluate my position on the matter, to make sure I'm thinking with sound mind.

Guru
03-18-2008, 10:04 PM

I covered that earlier.

SBK
03-18-2008, 10:09 PM

Just come out and say it. He's too black and you're racist. / jettio :)

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
This hypocrisy will NOT help Obama's cause.

Of you don't think it's hypocrisy, then please enlighten me as to why it is not.

Imus = Wright. They deserve the same treatment, IMHO. :shake:

Excellent point, even if I regretfully must agree.

jdusek
03-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the Imus comparison is a red herring. Obama said that anybody "working for his campaign" would be fired, and I am confident that had Wright been employed by Obama, and had used racial epithets while working for Obama, he would have been fired.

But Wright was not an employee, he was part of a loose affiliation of supporters. More importantly, Wright's comments were not made in the service of Obama's campaign. He never said anything hateful in an official or unofficial capacity.

If Imus had called someone a nappy-headed hoe while off the air, and Obama had argued that NBC should fire him, then we would be talking apples-to-apples. But that's not what happened, so I think it's an unfair comparison

StcChief
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Obama has gotta hang with what brings him votes, nappyheaded or not.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Calling "white america" the "US of KKK" is just as ignorant as what Imus said. Although Imus was joking, the good man of God was not. Obama said he would not appear on Imus in the future and that he would fire him and disassociate himself from Imus, but he has stood tall next to Wright for many years. Looks like hypocrisy to me.

MTG#10
03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Obama's a closet racist. He thinks us white folk only eat mayonnaise sandwiches with Wonderbread, and all have sex with our siblings. He wont touch a saltine or a Ritz.

Sully
03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Obama's a closet racist. He thinks us white folk only eat mayonnaise sandwiches with Wonderbread, and all have sex with our siblings. He wont touch a saltine or a Ritz.

I heard he eats aborted white gay babies, as well.

...salty

SBK
03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Wouldn't want to enable Imus, but willing to give, support, and seek counsel from Wright.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Obama's a closet racist. He thinks us white folk only eat mayonnaise sandwiches with Wonderbread, and all have sex with our siblings. He wont touch a saltine or a Ritz.I wonder which race he dislikes, though. I mean, he's half white.