PDA

View Full Version : 7 years ... $70M

Mile High Mania
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Damn... :eek::eek::eek: ... that's a lot of coin for Hall.

Somewhere in Denver, Champ Bailey is thinking "Hmmm... "

Bowser
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Just Go For Broke, Baby!

Hays
03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Why they did this with him and not Asomugha i will never know.

Bowser
03-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Why they did this with him and not Asomugha i will never know.

Well, it does ensure that they have two top flight corners, for one year, at least.

Huffman83
03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Just win baby.....

MIAdragon
03-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Isn’t a lot back loaded? How much guaranteed 15mil or so?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

EyePod
03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Doesn't matter. He blows the big one. He gets beat so many times. He's overrated. The only reason that people like him is cause of his interceptions. He gambles way too much to get them though, and in the long run, that doesn't pay of. He's a waste of a player and I'm glad we'll get to play against him 2 times a year.

dtebbe
03-18-2008, 08:51 PM
All you have to do is talk a little smack to him, beat him a couple times, talk more smack, and he'll blow his top. Steve Smith got in his head every time the Falcons played the panthers.

Hall will be Randy Moss II in Chokeland

DT

RedDread
03-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Just spend baby.....

FYP

PhillyChiefFan
03-19-2008, 06:03 AM
HOW are they not over cap??? Honestly, I tried to find something about them being over but came up with nothing. I can't figure out how they are not over with signing so many players to huge contracts. I'm not a cap guru though, anyone care to share???

milkman
03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
HOW are they not over cap??? Honestly, I tried to find something about them being over but came up with nothing. I can't figure out how they are not over with signing so many players to huge contracts. I'm not a cap guru though, anyone care to share???

Al, apparently.

BigChiefFan
03-19-2008, 07:38 AM
He's a bit overrated, but he's still better than anybody we have. His contract is also reasonable considering he's one of the top CBs.

Dave Lane
03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Doesn't matter. He blows the big one. He gets beat so many times. He's overrated. The only reason that people like him is cause of his interceptions. He gambles way too much to get them though, and in the long run, that doesn't pay of. He's a waste of a player and I'm glad we'll get to play against him 2 times a year.

Yeah with our O we will blow them up!

Dave

Reerun_KC
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM

so your saying that we will run LJ 30 times instead of 38, just so we have a chance to take a shot at Hall once or twice during the season? I can see Herm game plannign now!

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2008, 10:15 AM
The Raiders are retarded.

beach tribe
03-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Like I said. They've mortgaged their future for 9-7 10-6.

BigChiefFan
03-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Like I said. They've mortgaged their future for 9-7 10-6.We can add players through the draft, but they can't? Sorry, but trading for one of the best CBs in the game isn't stupid, it's smart.

beach tribe
03-19-2008, 10:24 AM
We can add players through the draft, but they can't? Sorry, but trading for one of the best CBs in the game isn't stupid, it's smart.

By the time they develop some players they will be so far over the cap that they'll have to release, and/or let go people, NOT add the final pieces they need. Hall's contract is so big they'll probably have to release him by the time they get close.

Direckshun
03-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Say what you will, but if the Raiders draft one or two impact players in the Draft, they'll be the second best team in the AFC West.

Count Zarth
03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Say what you will, but if the Raiders draft one or two impact players in the Draft, they'll be the second best team in the AFC West.

Not possible. How can a team compete when the owner undermines the "head coach." The whole organization is a mess. DeAngelo Hall and Javon Walker are going to rip that locker room apart.

kcchiefsus
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
We can add players through the draft, but they can't? Sorry, but trading for one of the best CBs in the game isn't stupid, it's smart.

Not when they have traded away their 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th round picks. They are now down to a 1st, 4th, and 7th in the draft. The 2nd and 6th are going for the Hall trade, the 3rd was traded away last year as part of a draft day trade, and the 5th was traded for Gerard Warren.

They are going for alot of older players (I realize Hall isn't old) and are leaving themselves in a position where they cannot bring in as many young players.

kcchiefsus
03-19-2008, 01:00 PM

They already are down to only 3 picks in the draft. I doubt they get more than 1 impact player.

beach tribe
03-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Not when they have traded away their 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th round picks. They are now down to a 1st, 4th, and 7th in the draft. The 2nd and 6th are going for the Hall trade, the 3rd was traded away last year as part of a draft day trade, and the 5th was traded for Gerard Warren.

They are going for alot of older players (I realize Hall isn't old) and are leaving themselves in a position where they cannot bring in as many young players.

Like I said, they've pawned their future. I said mortgaged, but it's more like hocked, and they won't have the money to get it out.