PDA

View Full Version : If the Ravens should happen to call with an interest in Holmes...

LMT
08-09-2001, 10:43 AM
...would you be interested?

I have to be quick here, but say if we held the cards in this deal, maybe we could get a WR named Taylor and possibly more (draft pick?), could you live with Tony Richardson and Blaylock (if he is comming on as much as they say) as our backfield, with a chance to get a receiver who would maybe be a perfect fit for our offense?

Thinking out of the box again!

LMT

Lightning Rod
08-09-2001, 10:50 AM
Had the same thought.
If the price was right, you bet!

Phobia
08-09-2001, 10:50 AM
I really doubt we could afford the immediate cap hit.

However, I'd be interested in giving them Cloud or Moreau.

The Bad Guy
08-09-2001, 10:54 AM
I find this funny.

For the first time in forever, we finally have a back that is really impressing at training camp, and people would trade him.

Amazing.

I would not give up Priest Holmes. We have to factor in the cap hit, and the fact that he is the back that is finally getting us out of RBBC.

Holmes really has the opportunity to do some good things in our offense. Give him the chance to do those.

keg in kc
08-09-2001, 10:55 AM
No, I couldn't live with T-Rich and Blaylock (ever hear of Jesse Haynes...).

And I don't believe they'd even consider a trade like Taylor for Holmes. You're overvaluing Priest a lot, IMHO.

I'd consider sending them Moreau for a draft pick or two since we're probably going to cut him loose anyway. Might as well get something for it...

Mark M
08-09-2001, 10:56 AM
I'm with Frank on this one ...

Give the Ravens Cloud or Moreau. Otherwise, let them rot.

MM
~~Not showing much love towards B-more.

KCTitus
08-09-2001, 10:57 AM
I agree, Frank. Im aghast. Even a 'career backup' as he's been called, is still better than our FB's posing as RB's and there are those that are willing to get rid of him.

This team needs a RB. Before another WR or Defender or anything, KC needs a RB.

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 10:59 AM
The only backs of ours that Billick would want of ours would be TRich or Moreau.

The reason Priest is here in the first place is because Billick wants a bigger back...

Alton deFlat
08-09-2001, 11:14 AM
Not just no, but HELL NO!!!

Pitt Gorilla
08-09-2001, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't give them Moreau, either. He looks and runs too much like Lewis. I'd give them Cloud for a third rounder or so.

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 11:36 AM
There's no way they'd want Cloud. Billick wants a 230 pound, between-the-tackles bruiser more than anything else.

KCTitus
08-09-2001, 11:36 AM
So he wouldnt want Brian Shay either? :D

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 11:37 AM
OMG, I just about spit out my soda there Titus... :D

LMT
08-09-2001, 06:26 PM
Wow! Sorry fellas! I didn't mean to send you into a frenzy. Nor did I ever say I would trade Holmes. I was just thinking the Ravens would probably be in the mood to look for a RB now that Lewis is out, AND that thier window of opportunity to win the Super Bowl is still there. I figured that they might give Carl a call if for no other reason than Holmes is familiar with their offense. If you were Carl would you just hang up, or would you listen to their offers? That is all I was asking.

CanadaKC
08-09-2001, 06:51 PM
I hope the Seahawks trade Ricky Watters to the Ravens, strictly because that means we won't have to face Watters twice this season, and Alexander hasn't impressed in training camp. If the Chiefs are suspect against the run again this season, I'd rather face Alexander than Watters, which could be the difference between a couple Chief wins or losses. I've heard Holmgren would gladly take a 3rd round pick for Watters, and the fact that the Seahawks are leaving our division when re-alignment comes into effect doesn't make me sweat about the Hawks becoming a powerhouse in the future.

ct
08-10-2001, 05:47 AM
First off, no way the Holmes for Taylor thought flies.

As far as willingness to listen to offers for Holmes, were Billick to call, I say hell yea!! Any GM would be a fool to not at least hear them out, when their predicament is borderline desparation.

IF Priest were truly what DV and AS had believed he would be for them, we would not be hearing the 'split duty in the 2 TE sets' lines over and over again.

However, I much prefer the idea of moving Moreau for a mid rounder, say a 3rd or 4th. He fits their mold pretty well, and has decent potential, and they have next to ZERO cap space to take on Watters w/out some painful trimmings.

Packfan
08-10-2001, 07:06 AM
Just because the Chiefs do things like make trades for guys they could have gotten for free ie Bam Morris, doesnt mean the rest of the NFL does the same thing. The Ravens didnt exactly tear it up with Priest Holmes and they let him walk for nothing. The Ravens thought so much of Holmes that they drafted Jamal Lewis. Holmes and Lewis are in two totally different classes. There are still a few players available for FREE that are in the same class as Priest Holmes. Terry Allen and Eric Rhett come to mind.

Mark M
08-10-2001, 07:12 AM
Packfan does have a point ... the Ravens can get other players without giving anything up.

However, Ken, don't you think that both those players are out of the league for a reason? Not ripping, just asking.

MM
~~Must be coming down with something ... he keeps agreeing with Ken. http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/contrib/edoom/sick.gif

alanm
08-10-2001, 07:14 AM
I would imagine he's allready been on the phone to Marty asking for one of his couple of dozen backups in Washington. :cool:

keg in kc
08-10-2001, 07:19 AM
Acquiring either Terry Allen or Errict Rhett would basically guarantee that the Ravens wouldn't have enough on offense to defend their Super Bowl. That's just a ridiculous plan, they might as well throw up the white flag now and save the embarassment if that's the best they can do.

I smell a trade with the Seahawks.

old_geezer
08-10-2001, 10:30 AM
I agree Kyle

I think Ricky Waters will be a Raven soon.

Bwana
08-10-2001, 10:44 AM
A deal for Cloud??

ChiTown
08-10-2001, 10:50 AM
We haven't even seen Priest run a ball in Preseaon yet, and some would consider a trade. Gent's, we need a true HB. While TR is an excellent FB, his natural position is not HB.

Let's let Priest play a few games for the Red & Gold before we start talking about a trade.

htismaqe
08-10-2001, 11:44 AM
Watters to Baltimore might not be a good thing for us. I think Alexander is just waiting to bust out, and this could be his year...

LMT
08-10-2001, 12:11 PM
Chitown,

This is not insane, nor is anyone here saying we SHOULD trade Holmes. It just stands to reason with Holmes being familiar with the Ravens offense, and the Ravens making calls around the league looking for a RB that they might give Carl a call. They are desperate, as the Super Bowl is a real possiblilty for them again this season. If they offer something to good to be true, do you mull it over at the very least, or do you just say no thanks? That is all that is being asked here.

ChiTown
08-10-2001, 12:18 PM
They would have to offer their 1st rd pick for next year before I would leap, and even then it might be a stretch. I'm just excited about having a proven HB on the team that has the capability to catch out of the backfield. While a trade for a great WR or DB would seem to make sense, it would just leave us with a RB hole to fill (again).

htismaqe
08-10-2001, 12:25 PM
It doesn't matter, they won't call about Priest anyway...

LMT
08-10-2001, 12:30 PM
It's cool! I really hope we have a RB to hang our hat on also. DV and AS have both said we have a long way to go talent wise to get where they want to be. They haven't specified what that is. But if they get a chance to get that talent, I wonder what they might do?

58Forever
08-10-2001, 12:31 PM
If the Ravens should call with an interest in Holmes...I say **** 'em....:D

LMT
08-10-2001, 12:36 PM
A quick side note here. I really hope the Ravens come up with a quality back so Grbac has no excuse for the Ravens not repeating!

California Injun
08-10-2001, 01:36 PM
The Ravens already have their "excuse" for not repeating when they signed Elvis....

Packfan
08-13-2001, 07:14 AM
Mark M and Keg,

Did you see who the Ravens signed??

My suggestion that they may sign Terry Allen wasnt that far fetched as you guys thought it was.

I still think they need to do better. No, not Priest Holmes. A real running back. Putting the offense on Elvis' shoulders is a mistake.

Mark M
08-13-2001, 07:17 AM
Packfan--
I'm very impressed. But don't be surprised if you see them bring in someone else. You're right ... Allen is not the answer for that team.

MM
~~Pleasantly surprised.

keg in kc
08-13-2001, 07:18 AM
That wasn't "your suggestion" nor did my response have anything to do with you. It was posted all over the internet and all over the radio and TV that day. :rolleyes:

And I believe exactly what I said (I believe it's on a thread about him signing). Allen is a veteran they've brought in for depth and they're looking to acquire someone else to be their starter. We'll see if I'm right or not.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 02:19 PM
Keg,

My post was 8:00 AM on Thursday. He didnt sign before then. You said it would be "rediculous" and the Ravens may as well throw up the "white flag" of surrender if they sign Terry Allen.

Wrong again.

It wasnt rediculous and the Ravens are hardly throwing up the white flag.

I do agree that Allen isnt going to be the answer.

Mark,

I get tired of being right MOST of the time!

Phobia
08-13-2001, 02:35 PM
I get tired of being right MOST of the time!

Considering your proclivity towards being wrong MUCH of the time, you should be all rested up for this season's predictions, Ken. :D

Packfan
08-13-2001, 02:40 PM
Phobia,

You KNOW I am right most of the time. And I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong (unlike the cowards -luzp, bliss, titus, who use the "ignore" feature to avoid me pointing that out)

Pitt Gorilla
08-13-2001, 02:41 PM
No, not Priest Holmes. A real running back
What exactly IS a real running back? Seriously, Ken, give me a definition.

htismaqe
08-13-2001, 02:41 PM
Jesus, Pack, you just keep bringing it up. It really fuzzes you up that people have you on ignore, doesn't it?

htismaqe
08-13-2001, 02:42 PM
Dorsey Levens

Phobia
08-13-2001, 02:45 PM
No, Ken - I don't KNOW you are right most the time. I do KNOW that you post a buttload of predictions. When one actually materializes, you pimp it for a pat on the back. When they aren't right, nary a word is spoken. A shotgun pontificator is always correct a LOT, but saying that you are right MOST the time isn't entirely accurate.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-13-2001, 02:46 PM
Htismaqe,

Since he knows what a "real running back is", maybe he's finally learned what an H-back is.

And yes, I still have him on ignore :D

KCTitus
08-13-2001, 02:51 PM
Awww...Is poor little Ken upset at me again?

Ken made 15 predictions prior to the draft...so far none have been right.

Here's 3 that are wrong so far:

3. Chiefs will sign Troy Aikman and draft Michael Bennett.
4. After # 3, Titus, Mi Chief, Mark M, and Luzap will declare the Chiefs as a super bowl contender much like they did after the Bam Morris trade, and privately cum all over themselves.
5. Chester McGlockton will be signed by Green Bay for the league minimum.

Too bad I wont be able to see Ken post he was wrong. :D

Packfan
08-13-2001, 02:52 PM
Pitt,

I mean a legit back, not someone that they already tried and released. Like I said, they (The Ravens) thought so much of Priest Holmes that they drafted another running back in the first round to replace him.

The Ravens wont find a legit running back hanging out on the waiver wire. They either need to trade for one or gut it out with what they have.

Htsmaqe,

It only bothers me in that this is a football chat room. Everyone has a different opinion on the Chiefs. To exclude people because they dont agree with your opinion is cowardly. If you have an opinion, stand up and support it. Dont hide from people challenging it. It will never stop me from posting. All it does is drives home the opinion I already have of guys like Luzap, Bliss, and Titus. It just reinforces what I have thought all along. What bothers me it the decision to activate that on a football board. Just think if the radio station and talk shows did that. How much respect would you have for Carl Peterson if he was able to pick and choose who he had dialog with on his talk show?

Lightning Rod
08-13-2001, 02:55 PM
No, not Priest Holmes. A real running back

Ken,
, What exactly does Holmes lack IYHO that a "Real" running back has? Speed? Quickness? Toughness, Durability? Ability to Read blockers?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I have not seen enough to call him a "Real" running back or not. I was never a Baltimore fan so prior to this year I paid no attention to him.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 02:56 PM
Titus,

Not only are you NFL ignorant, you are also a liar. Go back into your archives and direct me to
the Chester prediction and where I said the Chiefs "will" sign Troy Aikman. Unlike you, who beats around the bush and is more concerned with gramatical errors and keeping copies of all my posts than using your own imagination posting your own "predictions", I tell fellow Chief fans what I think and why I think it.

go back and hide behind your "ignore feature".

htismaqe
08-13-2001, 03:00 PM
I mean a legit back, not someone that they already tried and released. Like I said, they (The Ravens) thought so much of Priest Holmes that they drafted another running back in the first round to replace him.

And I said before, Priest had ZERO chance with the Ravens. Billick stated publicly that he wanted a 225 lb. back, ie. Corey Dillon, not a small back like Holmes. It had NOTHING to do with ability. They couldn't afford to keep a back with his salary, especially one that didn't fit their system.

It only bothers me in that this is a football chat room. Everyone has a different opinion on the Chiefs. To exclude people because they dont agree with your opinion is cowardly. If you have an opinion, stand up and support it. Dont hide from people challenging it.

Wow, Pack, that sounded intelligent, dignified, and, dare I say it, human. Unfortunately, people put you on ignore because you spout the same stuff over and over again, like a broken record.

Just think if the radio station and talk shows did that. How much respect would you have for Carl Peterson if he was able to pick and choose who he had dialog with on his talk show?

Actually, Carl has done that in the past. Ask Jason Whitlock.

Dartgod
08-13-2001, 03:10 PM
Holmes and Lewis are in two totally different classes

Jamal Lewis' rookie season
Year Team Games Rush Yds Avg Lg TD Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
2000 Bal 16 309 1364 4.4 45 6 27 296 11.0 45 0

Preist Holmes' rookie season
Year Team Games Rush Yds Avg Lg TD Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
1998 Bal 16 233 1008 4.3 56 7 43 260 6.0 25 0

Holmes also averaged 5.7 yards on 89 carries in 1999 and 4.3 yards on 137 carries in 2000.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 03:12 PM
RCG,

What I mean by a "real RB" is someone other than a free agent cast off. A legitimate, every down, versatile running back. You dont find those in free agency. The Raven will have to draft one or trade for one. Terry Allen is to old to be their every down back.

By the way, the Ravens were able to win with Tony Banks at QB. In fact, they won several games without scoring a TD. I still think they are good enough to win without Lewis and they have a better QB (yes, Grbac is a bit better than Dilfer). However, I still predict (with or without Lewis) that the Ravens wont win their playoff game this year.

Iowanian
08-13-2001, 03:26 PM
Pack,

Steve Young was a FA castoff early in his career. Priest Holmes is on his 2nd team...By NFL standards, that is hardly a castoff. Marshall Faulk is far more productive with his 2nd team.

Was Brett Favre drafted in the first round by the Packers? didn't think so. Vinny Testaverde didn't do too well down in Tampa before his success with the Jets.

Tony Richardson was a FA. How exactly did the Raiders aquire Tyrone Wheatley?...many many many legit players need a change in situation, scheme, coaching, maturity to become successful NFL players.

Allen is too old to be an every down back. that I can agree with....and the bad knees don't help. I'm thinking we should dangle Mike Cloud in front of them......and a TE(Dunn?) in front of da Bears....

Bwana
08-13-2001, 03:43 PM
"If the Ravens should happen to call with an interest in Holmes... "

Hang up the phone after explaining they have the wrong number.:D

htismaqe
08-13-2001, 03:46 PM
Roy (that is still funny)...

Don't bother trying to explain it to him. It's simple. You're wrong. I had a similar argument formulated, but then it hit me: We're all wrong. All of us haven't got a clue about football.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 03:49 PM
Iowanian,

I dont think Steve Young was ever a free agent.

You make your point though. I just dont think a Jamal Lewis gets replaced by a free agent. Certainly not by Priest Holmes. Dont get me wrong, Holmes upgrades the Chiefs running game, but that tells you just how bad it was before he go here.

Teams simply dont trade for players they can get for nothing. Except the Chiefs. Thats one of the reasons why they are stuck in mediocrity.

htismaqe
08-13-2001, 03:55 PM
Like I said, Roy, I know you're chomping at the bit with an answer. Refrain. You'd get better results watching grass grow...

ChiefGator
08-13-2001, 03:55 PM
Can someone explain to me how to ignore remarks from certain trolls? Would be pretty handy and I think that feature exists on this BB..

Thank you,

-Mark ;)

Dartgod
08-13-2001, 03:56 PM
Who is Roy?

KCTitus
08-13-2001, 03:57 PM
SunshineChief: It's very easy.

Click on 'My Chiefs Planet' above, then click on Edit Ignore List, enter the poster name in that list and click, update Ignore list.

Wala, it's that easy.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 03:57 PM
htsmaqe,

Easy boy...

Please, dont put words in my mouth ("all of us havent a clue about the NFL"). I think you know your football as well as Iowonaian, Gaz, Mark M Cannibal, and others. Even when you rip me, I dont let that taint what I think of you as far as your NFL intellect. If I didnt think any of you knew what you were talking about, I wouldnt be on this board. Now we both know that there are a handful of guys that really dont have a clue. You know the ones....

As far as Peterson and his radio show, I walked into McCoy's Public House a few years ago while he was doing his show. There were all of about 5 people listening in. Unfortunately, I was with a date and she would not let me ask my question related to his draft record. However, I believe that Peterson would have taken the question had I asked it.

Bwana
08-13-2001, 04:05 PM
"Unfortunately, I was with a date and she would not let me ask my question related to his draft record"

LMAO! She wouldn't let you?

ChiefGator
08-13-2001, 04:08 PM
Ahh... this thread is so much more enjoyable now....

Thanks Titus...

-Mark
Not a blind homer, just an enjoyer of KNOWLEDGEABLE football talk.

Phobia
08-13-2001, 04:08 PM
He's apparently a sensitive boy, Bwana. Either he lets his woman "wear the pants" or he meant to type "HE wouldn't let me"..... :D

KCTitus
08-13-2001, 04:09 PM
To exclude people because they dont agree with your opinion is cowardly. If you have an opinion, stand up and support it. Dont hide from people challenging it.

Actually, this is the stupidest thing I've ever read, Parker.

No one is excluding Ken from anything on this BB, he's free to spew his 'version' of football all he wishes, but I also have the right to ignore crap that is nothing more than insulting the fans of the Chiefs for being fans of the Chiefs. It's bull$hit. He knows it, I know it, we all know it.

I dont care to read it anymore.

As far as Ken challenging my opinion, I could care less. His opinion is worth nothing to me.

If anything, Ken has the luxury of badmouthing me and I wont respond cause I wont see it. Apparently he's still doing this which only shows how mature he is.

Packfan
08-13-2001, 04:10 PM
Bwana,

Thats correct. H wouldnt let me. He knew it would turn into an argument and I warned him that we may get kicked out as a result of it. Carl Peterson is very defensive over his pathetic draft record. You guys know that.

KCTitus
08-13-2001, 04:10 PM
not a problem, Mark. Glad to help.

Bwana
08-13-2001, 04:11 PM
Phil: I'm sorry bud, I was just picturing our boy Ken in a dress with his wicked girlfriend standing next to him giving him "the look." :D

Bwana
08-13-2001, 04:13 PM
Ken: Come on now! If you hate Carl as much as you claim, why would would that have mattered?

Packfan
08-13-2001, 04:13 PM
Somebody ask Titus why he still responds if he "doesnt care to read it anymore"??? It sounds like he is still interested or simply cant make up him mind. If you vow (like Titus has over and over again) to never address anything else I say, then do it allready! Christ!

Message to tit s: Use your ignore feature and stay the f ck away! Your football commentary is absolutely, 100 % useless! I am only saying what everyone else thinks. Trust me.

Dartgod
08-13-2001, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Packfan
I am only saying what everyone else thinks. Trust me.

What are you, a mind reader? Please tell me what I am thinking right now.:D

Bwana
08-13-2001, 04:26 PM
DartGod: Something to the effect of, I wish Miller was here tailgating and helping me with all this beer! ;) :D

Dartgod
08-13-2001, 04:28 PM
That's not it, but I sure could have used some help last night. I'm afraid I over did it and am paying a hefty price today.

Bwana
08-13-2001, 04:30 PM
Wendy and I were trying to do our part downing a few brews listening to the game on the damn internet........ Not the same as being there. :mad:

The Bad Guy
08-13-2001, 04:43 PM
I am only saying what everyone else thinks. Trust me.

Packfan,

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sick of your inferiority complex on this board.

You aren't the voice of the people, nor do you know more about football than the rest of the board like you proclaim.

I think you do know football, but when you start this juvenille garbage about knowing more, and now proclaiming you say what everyone else thinks you lose credibility with me.

Ditch the chip on your shoulder.

Phobia
08-13-2001, 04:49 PM
Frank is almost 20.

Ken is how old?

Yet Frank posts these words of wisdom that Ken has yet to comprehend.

I'll leave it at that.

Rausch
08-13-2001, 04:51 PM
Frank is only 20?

Well, I'm 24 so I KNOW I have more football knowledge now!

And I speak for everyone....

:D

Rausch
08-13-2001, 05:05 PM
NO!

Packfan is the voice of the people!

He is the Lizard King, HE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

Squeeze cheese in your hands if you understand!

:rolleyes:

Phobia
08-13-2001, 05:06 PM
No, pineapple, I really DO think you are the voice of the people.

Clearly, you are the most intelligent Raiders fan to walk the earth - that's gotta be worth something, right?

The Bad Guy
08-13-2001, 05:30 PM
Kphobia,

I'm legal now, but I still feel like I'm 19. Your lucky you have a better avatar than me, or we would have to duke it out. haha.

KCGannonStalker
08-13-2001, 05:39 PM
I'm the one with the website and insight, so I'd like to proclaim myself the voice of the weebles.

Weebles squiggle but they don't fall down!

Phobia
08-13-2001, 06:49 PM
Frank, just play along - I'm trying to make a point. :D

I wasn't certain about that age thing, but decided to run with it. Oh well.

Packfan
08-14-2001, 07:16 AM
OK, then let me ask you guys:

Does Titus offer anything constructive to conversations about the Chiefs? IMO, correcting spelling errors and putting words in others people's mouths adds little to the dynamics of the conversation. Plus, he is often wrong and just spews stuff off the top of his head.

My prediction is that you will all jump to Titus' defense because he is a hardcore Chief fan. But deep down inside, you guys know what I am talking about.

stevieray
08-14-2001, 07:28 AM
You need to get over yourself.

Phobia
08-14-2001, 07:44 AM
With you, Packfan, he displays that behavior. Who could blame him?

Otherwise, he does add to the discussions on the board.

Phil
clarifying

Dartgod
08-14-2001, 07:58 AM
Does Titus offer anything constructive to conversations about the Chiefs?

08-14-2001 07:04 AM
Running from a 3 wide set and passing out of the I formation.

Neither of those KC did with any regularity, however, when they did run out of a 3 wide set they had success almost every time.

08-13-2001 11:29 AM
Are you all talking about the one where Smoot was face guarding Minnis in the 3rd quarter. Smoot never turned around and the ball bounced off of Smoots shoulder and Minnis' hands. I was wondering why that wasnt defensive PI.

08-13-2001 12:23 PM
Most of the Skins faithful still believe. Most of the comments are ranging from, 'We didnt have Jeff George in there to throw the ball downfield' to 'We werent playing about 70% of our starters except for the first series'.

Little do they know that, no, they wont be throwing the ball downfield, Jeff George or not. Yes, those were their starters on Offense and Defense.

Cant fault them, though, I wouldnt have heard it the first year Marty was here either.

08-13-2001 11:08 AM
Most of KC's redzone opps came during scrub time. Think what KC could/would have done with the starters on the field. Imagine, if you will, double TE set Gonzo/Ricks, with Richardson and Holmes in the backfield, then all the sudden, Gonzo goes in motion to the right and Richardson to the left.

What does the defense do now?

Yes he does Ken. It only took me 5 minutes to find these examples. I suggest you do a little research before you start spouting off again.

But deep down inside, you guys know what I am talking about.

There you go again, claiming to know what I am thinking. So tell me, all-knowing one, what am I thinking right now???

KCTitus
08-14-2001, 08:05 AM
It's funny...Ken's obsessed with me. Im talking football, he's badmouthing me.

How is badmouthing me constructive conversation about football.

Ken can ignore my 'unconstructive' posts that have nothing to do with football. That's what I do with his!

Mark M
08-14-2001, 08:18 AM
Wow ... this got out of hand, didn't it? :rolleyes:

Ken--
Face it ... you know some football. But to insult MOST people on this board and say you know more than them is just absurd.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: There are more people on this board that have forgotten more about football than you will ever know, than there are people who know less than you. The fact that you have to keep typing how much you "know" I think proves that.

It's the old theory that the more someone brags about something, the less chance there is that what they are bragging about is true.

Now, you get things right occassionaly, and I'll give you credit for those. But, for the record, you've been wrong a whole helluva lot more than you've been right, and you've hardly ever been able to be a man and admit it. You say people insult you, but look how you treat them—it's a matter of fighting fire with fire.

If you would post consistently without b!tching like a little girl about the ignore feature, if you'd stop insulting others and proclaiming your superior football knowledge, maybe people would cut you a break. Try it sometime ...

MM
~~Not holding his breath.

Iowanian
08-14-2001, 09:21 AM
Pack,
I stand corrected about Steve Young being a FA....the49ers traded their 2b and 4th round picks to Tampa.....my bad...but you get the idea.

Dartgod,
HTIS is referring to me with the "roy" thing....It is refering to my alterego on other boards "ROY D MERCER".

Parker,
I wasn't here so I had to let it go.....

Dartgod
08-14-2001, 10:19 AM
Iowanian – I get it now. That dude is one funny m…..f…..

“How big a boy are ya?”

I see Ken hasn’t responded to my last post. C’mon, Ken, tell me what I’m thinking right now since you know so much.

Packfan
08-14-2001, 10:27 AM
Dartgod,

Whats your question?

Dartgod
08-14-2001, 10:51 AM
You have twice, recently, stated that you know what we're all thinking. I just asked you to delve into my brain and tell me what I'm thinking now. I know you won't answer me, but I just wanted to point out what a rediculous statement that was.

Packfan
08-14-2001, 10:52 AM
Dartgod,

I only know what you are thinking about Titus.

Dartgod
08-14-2001, 10:54 AM
And that would be?

Lightning Rod
08-14-2001, 12:09 PM
What I mean by a "real RB" is someone other than a free agent cast off.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this but I had work to do.

Ken,
I am confused perhaps you can help me understand your logic. If I am reading you correctly the Chiefs were foolish to pick up a free agent running back because he could not possibly be that good since he was a free agent. The Chiefs were also foolish to trade for Trent Green because obviously they could pick up someone just as good who WAS a free agent. If you have a specific concern about either one of these players ability I would like to hear it. Can't throw, Read defenses, no speed, no vision etc.. To follow your "logic" the only way a player can be any good is if they are drafted by the team they are on. Marshall Faulks former team "thought so much of him" that they traded him away for a couple of draft picks and replaced him in the draft. OJ Anderson was the Super bowl MVP late in his career and he *****GASP***** was not on the team that drafted him. I just can't grasp your train of thought. Please enlighten me.[

Gracie Dean
08-14-2001, 05:25 PM
Was Elway drafted by the Donks?????????????????????????????????????????????

HC_Chief
08-14-2001, 05:32 PM
no.

Elway was drafted by the Colts. He pissed & moaned & said he would go play for the Yankees if they didn't trade him.

IMO, that's the reason ESPN snuffed him in their 100 greatest of the century. :)

ChiefGator
08-14-2001, 08:18 PM
Wasn't Elway drafted twice? Once by the colts.. then sat out a year.. and then by the Broncs?

-Mark

Brock
08-14-2001, 08:25 PM
Threatened to sit out and play baseball for the Yankees, was traded to Denver.

Frazod
08-14-2001, 08:26 PM
Yep. Bucky was a pr!ck right out of the gate.

Gracie Dean
08-14-2001, 10:45 PM
So using Packmans reasoning....

Elway sucks