PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you become a fan of ...

CupidStunt
03-19-2008, 12:20 PM
... if Herm has been signed to a contract extension or something else similarly awful?

Rain Man
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
As much as I want Herm and Carl gone, they won't chase me off from being a Chiefs fan, and living in Denver it's not like I spend a lot of money on them, so they don't even really impact my spending.

The only thing that would've really shaken my faith would've been signing Romanowski or Smellway. I would have a really hard time tolerating either of those two on my team.

Pestilence
03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I'd still be a Chiefs fan.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Still be a fan, but an extension will guarantee that my sundays will be free for many years to come....

I would probably just follow the games and recaps on Chiefsplanet and forgo the rest.

suds79
03-19-2008, 12:53 PM
... if Herm has been signed to a contract extension or something else similarly awful?

I'd still be a fan and I wouldn't consider it awful.

1 - I like Herm's philosophy of playing young players, developing your own franchise QB, not wasting $$ on bigtime FAs, and he knows defense.... See our historically bad D prior to his arrival. It's getting better.

2 - Understand this.... No coach was going to come in here after the mess DV created and have a good squad. It was a ticking timebomb. No coach.

Now is he perfect? Far from it. I think he needs to hire a clock management coach. Is he a little more conservative than what I'd like? Yes. But that formula has proven to win. See last year in Tom Coughlin. Same guy. Same style of play.

Guy doesn't even get a chance to rebuild an old, bad team and everybody and their mom wants to run him off. %(/

Reerun_KC
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM

1 - I like Herm's philosophy of playing young players, developing your own franchise QB, not wasting $$ on bigtime FAs, and he knows defense.... See our historically bad D prior to his arrival. It's getting better.

2 - Understand this.... No coach was going to come in here after the mess DV created and have a good squad. It was a ticking timebomb. No coach.

Now is he perfect? Far from it. I think he needs to hire a clock management coach. Is he a little more conservative than what I'd like? Yes. But that formula has proven to win. See last year in Tom Coughlin. Same guy. Same style of play.

Guy doesn't even get a chance to rebuild an old, bad team and everybody and their mom wants to run him off. %(/

No offense, but most people saw what he built in NYJ and didnt want that mess here... Alot of us never wanted him in the first place, like myself, I thought he was pathetic in NYJ and laughed, maucked them for having Herm as a coach... Now I am ashamed to almost be called a Chiefs fan with him here...

No mater what he does, I cant stand him and want him gone.. He is a losing POS.....

TEX
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I'll always support the Chiefs but would not watch another game until Herm/Carl were gone. I have already vowed not to set foot in ARROWHEAD until then. I love watching football so I'd start watching the Cowboys.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd just continue to be apathetic, I don't bandwagon.

beach tribe
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Chiefs. It's a curse.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
the great thing about sports IMO is you have your team and you follow that team no matter what. You go through the highs and lows. They make you feel good and pasionate when they are doing good, and they make you feel like shit when they suck ass.

Direckshun
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Now I am ashamed to almost be called a Chiefs fan with him here...
Very telling, intentional or not.

DTLB58
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Just stay a Chiefs fan....Not like I'm not use to years of teasing and ridicule already. Besides, I got the decals on the truck :D

Another team to pick, idk nobody out there that I really like right now. There a few players,coaches,GM's that I will and would continue to keep an eye on their careers though. I'm sure I'll get beat up for these choices :grr:

GM-Parcells, Just love the guy, really enjoy listening to him as an analyst on espn, loved his pressers as a coach and have read some of his books. Would have loved for him to come to KC.

Coach-Jon Gruden, I loved his book Do you love Football!?! His passion for the game comes out in listening to him on the sidelines on gameday. Really glad he left chokeland. He has a true love for the game of football.

Player-Eli Manning. I have always thought he would good, hence, had him on my FF team the last 2 seasons. Really like the fact he got hot at the right time of the year and shut that little turd Tiki Barber up. He appears to stay calm and cool on the field, his demanor always stays the same.

chasedude
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I would probably just follow the games and recaps on Chiefsplanet and forgo the rest.

I had a horrible idea... What if the Chiefs got so bad that we would have to delegate one of us on the board to bite the bullet and watch the game giving the rest of us the recap and play by play. I wouldn't have to yell at the TV anymore! Nah... Horrible Idea! :grr:

luv
03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I think I'd be a Chiefs fan.

bogey
03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I think we have a chance to make the playoffs next year. I think that every year. I love to watch football and am glad I have a passion for the Chiefs. I am most always disappointed, but I enjoy the games. When we get a win, it's a bonus

When I go deer hunting, I am disappointed when I don't have any luck, but I still love to deer hunt. For me, it's the same thing.

I watch the games and cheer for the Chiefs because It brings me pleasure. I don't have enough knowledge of the game to know if changing coach's would really make a difference. It seems to me, at times, we've sucked under several different coach's. So I will will sit in my leather chair in my red converse, red t-shirt, with beer or gin in hand, yell at the TV and have a blast. I will always be a Chiefs fan. I think next year could a great year.

38yrsfan
03-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Chiefs forever, Herm has nothing to do with that part - wasn't thrilled they hired him, still not, but he is the designated driver with the keys so if you want a ride get in or walk.

NaptownChief
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
I have to admit my fandome has largely left the building two years ago when they hired Squirm. Not completely because of him but rather that was just the final straw for me.

Chiefs fan for about 30 years since I was a kid but finally said enough is enough. If I grew up in that market it would be different, I would stay loyal to the homegrown local team regardless but since that isn't the case I finally threw in the towel.

The Colts came here in 84 and I followed them close, became a season ticket holder and fan since that point but I alway remained loyal to the Chiefs. Had the Colts been here since I was born then I would have never been a Chiefs fan in the first place but since we didn't have a team I just adobted one of the other midwestern NFL teams.

So that all being said it was always a little weird being a huge fan of two AFC teams but I did it for over 20 years. But with the Hunt family allowing Peterson to make a complete joke of the franchise year after year I finally decided I didn't need the frustration and made it easy to throw in the towel on them. I still follow them close and still pull for them to smash the Broncos and Raiders but overall pretty indifferent to the final tally.

Otter
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
A combination of shifting life priorities and lack of any faith what so ever in the Chiefs front office being able to accomplish in the post season have brought me to true apathy.

It wouldn't affect my views on this team one bit.

keg in kc
03-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Guy doesn't even get a chance to rebuild an old, bad team and everybody and their mom wants to run him off. %(/That pretty much sums up my feelings on herm.

I don't "support" him in the sense that I'm a herm-homer, but I think he deserves a valid chance to succeed or fail, and that chance should be based solely on what he does here. His record in New York (whether you're on the side of "4 playoff appearances in 6 years" or "mediocre coach who never bettered 10-6") is all but irrelevant to me.

I write off 2006 because I think he let himself be convinced that this was a good veteran team (which could be construed as a mark against him), and because of that, he didn't start the rebuild until last offseason. And make no mistake, I think the rebuild did start last year, I don't think it's starting now.

I think there are signs that Carl has either ceded a degree of control, or been asked to get out of his way, as well, so if he doesn't turn this ship by 2009, then it's nobody's fault but his own.

However, he clearly doesn't deserve an extension now. That would make even less sense after a 4-12 season than Carl's last extension following (IIRC) a 6-10 year. While I appreciate valuing loyalty, I think the goal of this endeavor is to win, and nothing says "mediocrity is okay" quite as well as extending a guy after a losing campaign.

KCChiefsMan
03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd still be here

CupidStunt
03-19-2008, 03:34 PM
For the record, it's got very little to do with winning. It's about direction, attitude, commitment to winning, etc. In fact, I wouldn't even consider a team that's won a lot recently or figures to be a top team for the coming years -- New England, Indy, Dallas, etc.

Minnesota's ownership seems to care. Atlanta (eww) and Tampa Bay would be considerations.

It's to the point with the Chiefs that I root only for a few players. That could all change -- another dogshit season followed by the long-overdue removal of Carl, Herm, etc., and I'm on the bandwagon for another 30 years. That alone would show me that Clark Hunt cares about winning, even if it's just a little bit, and will do what is necessary to get the right people for the job.

I've said to myself that I'll give Hunt until CP/Herm's contract ends. I'd be completely f**ked off if Clark doesn't get rid of them after next year's awful showing, but to not go in a different direction after two full years from now -- 20+ years after Carl's insertion -- that would be the end.

An extension before then?! SEE YA.

BigVE
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Would still be a Chiefs fan. With DVR I could record the game and just fastforward to our 4 FG's a game.

J Diddy
03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Would still be a Chiefs fan. With DVR I could record the game and just fastforward to our 4 FG's a game.
that'd be a huge improvement

64 fgs a year

sedated
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
fair–weather
Function: adjective
- loyal only during a time of success

keg in kc
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Would still be a Chiefs fan. With DVR I could record the game and just fastforward to our 4 FG's a game.I've been doing that since the Cincinnati game in '03 that ended the 9-game winning streak.

Back then it was fast-forward whenever the defense was on the field. I knew what was going to happen....

CupidStunt
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
fair–weather
Function: adjective
- loyal only during a time of success

Have the Chiefs ever experienced "success?"

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Probably the Lions. I thrive on misery.

KC Tattoo
03-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Have the Chiefs ever experienced "success?"

http://www.nflnut.com/store/media/HealyKCChiefsSB4Champs13x16PLaque.jpg

A long time ago:doh!:, but our time will come again :homer:

DaFace
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Still a Chiefs fan. However, I might choose some NFC team to root for as a backup, just to make Sundays interesting.

BigVE
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Still a Chiefs fan. However, I might choose some NFC team to root for as a backup, just to make Sundays interesting.

I did that a while ago and adopted the Packers. Now that Favre is gone I may have to look elsewhere.

Iowanian
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
"I'm not sure if its better or I'm used to the pain"

I'm riding this bitch into the ground. I must like the punishment.
I'm riding this out until long after carl, and bobgretz and the other
douchebags are 2nd thoughts.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going out to the shop to drive some nails into my scrotum.

CupidStunt
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I did that a while ago and adopted the Packers. Now that Favre is gone I may have to look elsewhere.

Interesting.

Never even considered that, but it might be an option. The product that Carl is ultimately responsible for putting on the field these days is pretty painful. I love seeing whether D-Bowe will crack 100 yards in a game, or whether Allen and Hali will combine for 3+ sacks, among a few other things, but the overall experience is one of pain, disappointment and frustration.

Arizona Cardinals here I come ... and maybe I'll get more of the same. :shake:

milkman
03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I've suffered through all the years of Paul Wiggin, John Mackovic, Frank Ganz Marty, Gunt, and Dick.

All coaches that I disliked as much, or more than Herman ****ing Edwards.

What's a little more suffering.

The only coach I had high hopes for was Marv Levy.

He just needed more time.

Brock
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Apparently this is the first time through for some of you. Toughen up.

a1na2
03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I've suffered through all the years of Paul Wiggin, John Mackovic, Frank Ganz Marty, Gunt, and Dick.

All coaches that I disliked as much, or more than Herman ****ing Edwards.

What's a little more suffering.

If you have that long of a tenure you must really be old!!!

Been there with ya though.

Deberg_1990
03-19-2008, 05:48 PM

Yea, its a little painful that the Chiefs let him go knowiing what he went on to accomplish in Buffalo.

milkman
03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
If you have that long of a tenure you must really be old!!!

Been there with ya though.

I became a fan at a very young age.

ClevelandBronco
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Which team would you become a fan of...if Herm has been signed to a contract extension or something else similarly awful?

The Chiefs. Kind of.

88TG88
03-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I'd still be a fan, but I'd probably bitch more than ever.

Iowanian
03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Earlier this week, I was picking the 2yr old up from the sitter. As I was putting on her shoes, the sitter asked what she had been saying.

Its not tough to decipher because I asked her and she said
"the WAIDERS SUCK. The Bwoncos suck. We like the Chiefs!"

The sitter called DHS because I was setting her up for a life of failure.

TEX
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
No offense, but most people saw what he built in NYJ and didnt want that mess here... Alot of us never wanted him in the first place, like myself, I thought he was pathetic in NYJ and laughed, maucked them for having Herm as a coach... Now I am ashamed to almost be called a Chiefs fan with him here...

No mater what he does, I cant stand him and want him gone.. He is a losing POS.....

:clap:

Rausch
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
The only way I'd quit being a fan was if they up and moved the team.

If they did I'd be a Steelers fan. Great tradition, blue collar team and fans, and play physical football.

Davechief
03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I have been a Chiefs fan and a Chicago Cubs fan all my life and will continue to be. I guess I've just grown use to misery after a combined 138 years of no World Titles!

DenverDanChiefsFan
03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Still be a Chiefs fan and continue to read people bitching about it on Chiefs Planet.

Old Dog
03-20-2008, 06:48 AM
I would still be a Chiefs fan, BUT I vowed after the Indy debacle that I would no longer financially support the "Hunt Circus at Arrowhead" as long as Peterson and Edwards are the lead clowns in the parade". I won't go to another game, pay for another parking pass, buy jerseys, hats, or anything else Chiefs related.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
I had a horrible idea... What if the Chiefs got so bad that we would have to delegate one of us on the board to bite the bullet and watch the game giving the rest of us the recap and play by play. I wouldn't have to yell at the TV anymore! Nah... Horrible Idea! :grr:
Well someone should have to be miserable for us...

FWIW, I dont mind the Chiefs being bad and "rebuilding", What is making it unbearable is the morans that are in control. Remove Carl and Herm, and the stadium would fill back up win or lose. Its called "hope", with Carl and Herm there is no such thing.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
For the record, it's got very little to do with winning. It's about direction, attitude, commitment to winning, etc. In fact, I wouldn't even consider a team that's won a lot recently or figures to be a top team for the coming years -- New England, Indy, Dallas, etc.

Minnesota's ownership seems to care. Atlanta (eww) and Tampa Bay would be considerations.

It's to the point with the Chiefs that I root only for a few players. That could all change -- another dogshit season followed by the long-overdue removal of Carl, Herm, etc., and I'm on the bandwagon for another 30 years. That alone would show me that Clark Hunt cares about winning, even if it's just a little bit, and will do what is necessary to get the right people for the job.

I've said to myself that I'll give Hunt until CP/Herm's contract ends. I'd be completely f**ked off if Clark doesn't get rid of them after next year's awful showing, but to not go in a different direction after two full years from now -- 20+ years after Carl's insertion -- that would be the end.

An extension before then?! SEE YA.
QFT:clap:

kc1977
03-20-2008, 07:23 AM

%(/

Bingo - Vermy set this franchise back years, coming here with the sole purpose of showing that he was the "mastermind" behind the '99 Rams explosion.

TEX
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I have been a Chiefs fan and a Chicago Cubs fan all my life and will continue to be. I guess I've just grown use to misery after a combined 138 years of no World Titles!

You poor soul. That's as bad as it gets. I will pray for you...

keg in kc
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Remove Carl and Herm, and the stadium would fill back up win or lose. Its called "hope", with Carl and Herm there is no such thing.I'm not sure I'd bet on that. I'd say we've reached the point where the only thing that'll fill up arrowhead is winning. 10 years is a long time to suck, and, hell, the exodus started back about 1999. Even then, TV stations in town were buying thousands of tickets a week in November and December to keep the games on the air, and it's been a steady spiral downwards since.

a1na2
03-20-2008, 07:35 AM
You poor soul. That's as bad as it gets. I will pray for you...

What's worse is that he totally missed the 1969 Super Bowl that the Chiefs won.

Otter
03-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Judging by the state of the team today and what it will likely look like at the end of Carl Peterson's tenure one can only wonder if he regrets signing that extension.

In 2005 he could have retired with a winning team under his belt (yes, it was a house of cards but still) and looked smart for drafting Larry Johnson.

Instead there's a very real possibility he'll look like a stubborn GM who didn't know when to pass the torch an be escorted out of town by pitchfork and torch.

Scarier; will the next GM even want Herm and will the team be starting over yet again?

Lesson to be learned here boys: know when to call it quits.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure I'd bet on that. I'd say we've reached the point where the only thing that'll fill up arrowhead is winning. 10 years is a long time to suck, and, hell, the exodus started back about 1999. Even then, TV stations in town were buying thousands of tickets a week in November and December to keep the games on the air, and it's been a steady spiral downwards since.
Well not being in the local market, I didnt know that information. Thanks!

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Scarier; will the next GM even want Herm and will the team be starting over yet again?

Well in all fairness Otter, When DV lefted, Carl could of been the savior and went and hired a new coaching staff, with a modern NFL philoshopy. He could of snagged a young and up coming coordinator, gave him the freedom to build his coaching staff, some, not all draft decision, let him have control over who stays/goes/starts/build his team, etc... He would of looked like a genius and KC would be singing his praises...

But no, he kept the good ol boy network in full swing at Arrowhead, pulled the dark cloud back over the fans and went on with one goal and that was to drive the fans away with petty media blastings from his favorite cockholster gretz...

He had a chance to win over the city once agian, but instead he is pissing down our necks and telling us its raining....

Otter
03-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Well in all fairness Otter, When DV lefted, Carl could of been the savior and went and hired a new coaching staff, with a modern NFL philoshopy. He could of snagged a young and up coming coordinator, gave him the freedom to build his coaching staff, some, not all draft decision, let him have control over who stays/goes/starts/build his team, etc... He would of looked like a genius and KC would be singing his praises...

But no, he kept the good ol boy network in full swing at Arrowhead, pulled the dark cloud back over the fans and went on with one goal and that was to drive the fans away with petty media blastings from his favorite cockholster gretz...

He had a chance to win over the city once agian, but instead he is pissing down our necks and telling us its raining....

Don't get me wrong, I feel no sympathy for that cock sucker and I agree one of the biggest reasons the team is in the shape it is in today is because of "hiring by inbreeding".

Just thinking out loud on whether he wishes he could have a get out of jail free card. I know I would at this point if I were him.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Don't get me wrong, I feel no sympathy for that cock sucker and I agree one of the biggest reasons the team is in the shape it is in today is because of "hiring by inbreeding"ROFL.

Just thinking out loud on whether he wishes he could have a get out of jail free card. I know I would at this point if I were him.

Hiring by inbreading? Perfect!

I wasnt bashing, just stating that Carl had the chance to be "the man" once again, just like in the late 80's. He could of shown KC that he was serious about winning a championship by thinking outside of gretz ass...

Well he didnt, we are stuck with a 1988 LX 4 cylinder Mustang, while the rest of the NFL are driving European sports cars... Our coaches just cant compete at this level...

beach tribe
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I can never change teams, but I was watching that cool SB show on NFL net.
Can't remember the damn name. I watched the Steelers, and The Cowboys SB after the 78 season, and was very jealous of the Steelers, their fans, and their history.

Dave Lane
03-20-2008, 11:25 AM
What if Herm signed a lifetime contract to coach the team until he dies?

Dave

Otter
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
What if Herm signed a lifetime contract to coach the team until he dies?

Dave

We drug Herm up with sodium pentathol, prop him outside Frazod's bedroom window with a water pistol in one hand and bubble text like used in the comics saying "this is a stickup" in the other, break the window run?

:shrug:

Chief Faithful
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I would stay a Chiefs fan.

Count me among the few that really likes Herm Edwards and what he is doing to the team.

Chief Faithful
03-20-2008, 12:36 PM

I became a Marv Levy fan the moment he said they would implement the Wing T because the defense was so bad the only chance they had was to control the clock. :eek: It is hard not to like someone that shoots that straight.

Air Machovic was also fun.

Buehler445
03-20-2008, 12:39 PM
We drug Herm up with sodium pentathol, prop him outside Frazod's bedroom window with a water pistol in one hand and bubble text like used in the comics saying "this is a stickup" in the other, break the window run?

:shrug:

ROFL

I would still be a Chiefs fan, but I'd be furious.