PDA

View Full Version : *****Official KU-Portland State thread*****

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Roy asleep at the switch.

KCFalcon59
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
KU looking good. If they don't fall asleep they should win easily. PS can shoot, but it is obvious they are overmatched.

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
First 16 to ever beat a 1 seed! What an epic morning!!!!

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
First 16 to ever beat a 1 seed! What an epic morning!!!!

rochambeau

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
You think Portland State can't come back from 15? Psh. Hater.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 11:03 AM
You think Portland State can't come back from 15? Psh. Hater.

Warm up the bus.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Why am I watching Michigan State?

Sure-Oz
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Portland State didn't come to lose!

acesn8s
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Portland State didn't come to lose!Did too

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Roy asleep at the switch.

Sorry guys, been hammered at work today. Then it slowed down as the game came on and started watching it...... forgot to start the thread.

But I knew my friends would cover for me. :D

Great start, wish we could shoot like this all the time.:eek:

PhillyChiefFan
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Ok is everyone watching it live, or over the internet, I have been trying to get mine to work on ESPN.com but can't, suggestions?

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok is everyone watching it live, or over the internet, I have been trying to get mine to work on ESPN.com but can't, suggestions?

I'm watching goddamned Michigan State on CBS.

Boon
03-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Rush is on fire!!
Fifteen at half.
Team shooting 64%

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok is everyone watching it live, or over the internet, I have been trying to get mine to work on ESPN.com but can't, suggestions?ESPN.com?!

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/

I'm watching goddamned Michigan State on CBS.It's halftime.

Mr. Laz
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
if we shoot like this we have a real chance to win a NC

Boon
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
if we shoot like this we have a real chance to win a NC

Yup!!
Two in double figures at half and two with nine.
Sweet.

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 11:31 AM

DTV Ch # 703

Boon
03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Radio.

Donger
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Is this football or basketball?

Sure-Oz
03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
ESPN.com?!

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/

It's halftime.

Im watching that as well....it is linked thru espn.com as well

at work watching ncaa tourney on the puter with low sound hehe:evil:

chiefqueen
03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I HATE CBS!!!

chiefqueen
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I think Kaun suddenly forgot how to shoot free throws (not that he knew how in the first place).

Mr. Laz
03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I think Kaun suddenly forgot how to shoot free throws (not that he knew how in the first place).
he's always had a confidence problem. He missed free throws last game so now he's gonna have to regain his confidence.

same goes for his shots from the floor .... direct relationship to his confidence level.

Self doesn't help .. he needs to bolster the kids confidence not shred it.

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Portland State blows.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Clemson will send Kansas home.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Go bet your house on it.

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Clemson will send Kansas home.Vandy's sending Clemson home, so

(Note: "V" is basically the same as "B" in Spanish)

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Vandy's sending Clemson home, so

Even the SEC homer in me doesn't see Vandy getting by Clemson.

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Vandy vs Clemson will be a good game... Edge Clemson.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Go bet your house on it.

How bout I bet yours instead?:p
No disrespect to Kansas but it seems Clemson matches up real well and is playing a lot better ball than Kansas has been. Plus that seems like just about the right time in the tourney for Kansas to make their annual exit.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Vandy's sending Clemson home, so

You really think so?

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
No disrespect to Kansas but it seems Clemson matches up real well and is playing a lot better ball than Kansas has been.

I dunno about that.

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Wanna bet that line ? BTA, what do you know, a Bronco fan, heh. :D

Bearcat
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
No disrespect to Kansas but it seems Clemson matches up real well and is playing a lot better ball than Kansas has been. Plus that seems like just about the right time in the tourney for Kansas to make their annual exit.

Clemson is playing a lot better than Kansas?

Clemson lost to Georgia Tech a couple of weeks ago (under .500 for the year) and Florida State a few weeks ago (at .500), and only beat Maryland and VTech by a possession. They beat Duke and put up a fight against UNC in the tournament.

Kansas hasn't lost in a month, and granted they struggled in the first half against A&M in the regular season and against Nebraska in the tournament (but won), they also beat TTech by 60. They played well in the tournament after the first half against Nebraska, and beat Texas while looking very good while doing it.

Clemson is hot, if you call two games hot, but I wouldn't be surprised if they folded up in the first round. :shrug:

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 02:05 PM

That's what I thought.

Boon
03-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Hawks keep shooting the rock like today and throughout the conf. tournament, they win it all.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!

keg in kc
03-20-2008, 02:18 PM
That game was just brutal in the first half. Kansas looks like they came to play this year.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Wow, a lot of strong protests from the KU faithful.
Look at it this way: by getting beat by Clemson it saves KU the disgrace of getting destroyed by North Carolina and the coach that dumped them.
Does that help? :)

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Look at it this way: by getting beat by Clemson it saves KU the disgrace of getting destroyed by North Carolina and the coach that dumped them.
Does that help? :)

That would help you if that did happen. But the way it will go is you keep making stupid comments like the one above and people will keep thinking that you are stupid. Yur not helping yourself here, OK.:D

vailpass
03-20-2008, 03:36 PM
That would help you if that did happen. But the way it will go is you keep making stupid comments like the one above and people will keep thinking that you are stupid. Yur not helping yourself here, OK.:D

Thanks Roy. I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and guess that you might be SLIGHTLY biased towards the J-Hawks.:)

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks Roy. I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and guess that you might be SLIGHTLY biased towards the J-Hawks.:)
I am going out on a limb here as well and say you have sour grapes that MU couldnt even make the NIT or CBI tourney.... So now you are trying to justify your existance by rooting against KU...

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Yes, but with good reasons . ;)

the Talking Can
03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
who gives a fug about Clemson?

since when does losing to UNC repeatedly make you teh uber squad?

Anyone who saw us against Texas knows what this team is. Freaking Badass.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Does that help? :)If UNC and KU play. KU will not get destroyed. KU will not get "destroyed" by anyone. They could lose but they won't be destroyed.

CoMoChief
03-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Kaun not being able to make freethrows is gonna kill this team if they are in a close one.

If it's close it's better not to put Kaun on the floor.

Big Dick Jones
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Kaun not being able to make freethrows is gonna kill this team if they are in a close one.

I think I'll leave the coaching to Bill Self. Thanks anyway.

Anyong Bluth
03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I also picked Vandy over Clemson- in part b/c I think they are a solid squad that doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, though they did drop 3 in the last month. Clemson really struggles from the free throw line and has a history of making lapses at the ends of games.

I know, and agree that Clemson has been playing good ball lately, but I guess part of me picked Vandy also just so I had something to differentiate and possibly score some upset points against others in my pool b/c so many people are high on Clemson right now. They're definitely a very talented squad, though!

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Dude give it a rest....STFU

Boon
03-20-2008, 05:12 PM

Maybe there won't be any "close ones".

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe there won't be any "close ones".

That would help my heart out. :)

I would love to win 6 straight blowouts.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 05:23 PM
I wonder if the cheers are actually USC fans or if they are Nebraska fans that want to cheer against KSU.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I wonder if the cheers are actually USC fans or if they are Nebraska fans that want to cheer against KSU.

Good point.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Good point.
I guess i posted that in the wrong thread. Oh well.

DJay23
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Another typical idiot hater. He can make predictions all day long, but where will he be if he is wrong?

Another moron trying to ruffle feathers. Ignore his sad ass.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Another typical idiot hater. He can make predictions all day long, but where will he be if he is wrong?

Another moron trying to ruffle feathers. Ignore his sad ass.

The nice part is we've disappointed the haters 32 times so far this year. Beatdowns are fun.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
The nice part is we've disappointed the haters 32 times so far this year. Beatdowns are fun.Amen, brother.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Amen, brother.
5 to go....

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:19 PM
5 to go....I wouldn't know how to react if one of the teams I root for actually wins a Championship. I was too young to clearly remember the '88 ship.

Spott
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM

You mean Nebraska has basketball fans?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
The nice part is we've disappointed the haters 32 times so far this year. Beatdowns are fun.

Ah but you don't dissapoint come tournament time do you Skippy?
Regardless of what the regular season brings we can always count on your JHawks to be utterly consistent in exiting stage left from the big dance.
It's the one "upset" I count as a mortal lock on my sheet each year.

KCFalcon59
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't know how to react if one of the teams I root for actually wins a Championship. I was too young to clearly remember the '88 ship.

It was great. Royals in 85, then KU in 88. Way too distant memories.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I am going out on a limb here as well and say you have sour grapes that MU couldnt even make the NIT or CBI tourney.... So now you are trying to justify your existance by rooting against KU...

What exactly is an MU? Isn't that the sound a cow makes? The fat chicks in Revenge of the Nerds? Help me out here.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Regardless of what the regular season brings we can always count on your JHawks to be utterly consistent in exiting stage left from the big dance.
So question vailpass? Who is your team?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
It was great. Royals in 85, then KU in 88. Way too distant memories.

Did you know that was the only time in the last 50 years a Big 12 team has won the NCAA tourney?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
So question vailpass? Who is your team?

I pull for my Iowa Hawkeyes and Lute Olson's Arizona Wildcats. Neither one is much of a threat to do a damn thing this year.

Spott
03-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Did you know that was the only time in the last 50 years a Big 12 team has won the NCAA tourney?

Damn, you are right. That's hard to believe that the Big 8/Big 12 only has one NCAA championship in the last 55 years.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 06:29 PM

You need to check the record book you Donkey Dickhead. KU has gotten past the 2nd round in 4 of the past 6 years. Dumbass.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
It's the one "upset" I count as a mortal lock on my sheet each year.How did that work out in '02 and '03?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
You need to check the record book you Donkey Dickhead. KU has gotten past the 2nd round in 4 of the past 6 years. Dumbass.

Skipper, you know and I know that KU has choked on the big one year in and year out; pissing away number 1 seeds like like they were white people in Obama's church.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Skipper, you know and I know that KU has choked on the big one year in and year out; pissing away number 1 seeds like like they were white people in Obama's church.

You're wrong, dipshit.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
How did that work out in '02 and '03?

I'm sorry, I'm missing your point. What happened in those years?

Spott
03-20-2008, 06:34 PM

I think Kansas lost in the National semi's to Maryland in 02 and to Syracuse in the championship game in 03.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:34 PM
You're wrong, dipshit.

Oh, they won the NC when they were seeded 1 or 2? Where was I?
And please keep talking dirty to me, I can almost smell the bong-water laced geritol in your breath as you slide close to me, your Depends crinkling like dead leaves in the wind.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I think Kansas lost in the National semi's to Maryland in 02 and to Syracuse in the championship game in 03.

Thanks, not sure how that affects my point.
Look you guys, there is no reason that fans of a program as succesful as KU should feel the need to defend it from a shit-slinger like me.
I'm only on this thread to **** with Skippy a little bit and now you've gone and ruined that for me.
Thanks bastards.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I pull for my Iowa Hawkeyes and Lute Olson's Arizona Wildcats. Neither one is much of a threat to do a damn thing this year.

You've got a lot of room to cast stones rooting for those collections of shit.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Look you guys, there is no reason that fans of a program as succesful as KU should feel the need to defend it from a shit-slinger like me.
I'm only on this thread to **** with Skippy a little bit and now you've gone and ruined that for me.
Thanks bastards.

You've turned into a troll. Go to your own boards.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
You've got a lot of room to cast stones rooting for those collections of shit.

I'm sure you aren't including Arizona in that statement. Has your addled mind finally succumbed to the steam roller hits of Ex-Lax and resin and forgotten the success that is the Wildcats under Lute Olson?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
You've turned into a troll. Go to your own boards.

C'mon dude I thought we were friends. I was just phackin with ya a little bit.

Skip Towne
03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
C'mon dude I thought we were friends. I was just phackin with ya a little bit.

Yo've been running your big yap all day. GFY

Spott
03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Look you guys, there is no reason that fans of a program as successful as KU should feel the need to defend it from a shit-slinger like me.
Thanks bastards.

I'm not arguing with you. Hell, I'm an MU fan and have no mud to sling.

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm sure you aren't including Arizona in that statement. Has your addled mind finally succumbed to the steam roller hits of Ex-Lax and resin and forgotten the success that is the Wildcats under Lute Olson?
The same wildcats that we beat on the way to the championship game in '03?

vailpass
03-20-2008, 06:46 PM
The same wildcats that we beat on the way to the championship game in '03?

Yeah, how did that championship game treat you again, I forget?

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, how did that championship game treat you again, I forget?We lost by 3 because we couldn't hit free throws. We obviously faired way better than you did.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
VP, What gives? So you have actually zero teams in the tourney, so you come and try to bag on one of the storied greatest programs in the history of BBall?

Just doesnt make much sense when you think about it...

We have earned the right to choke, What has Iowa earned?

ArrowheadHawk
03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
What has Iowa earned?
They are not even the best team in Iowa. That would be Drake.

vailpass
03-20-2008, 07:01 PM
VP, What gives? So you have actually zero teams in the tourney, so you come and try to bag on one of the storied greatest programs in the history of BBall?

Just doesnt make much sense when you think about it...

We have earned the right to choke, What has Iowa earned?

I started out just phacking with skip and all of a sudden it was a full-on festival. I couldn't resist. Like I said, I can't understand why KU fans would feel the need to defend their program against shit slinging that is obviously being slung for the hell of it but it has been fun watching people get all spun up.

ROYC75
03-20-2008, 07:57 PM

Damn, give it a rest, over 300 damn schools didn't win it either. BTW, when was the last time Iowa has won it. BTW, Az. isn't on the upper tier anymore either......

You want to keep crowing, find a damn Iowa cornfield to sit your ass down in......:D

Ari Chi3fs
03-20-2008, 08:10 PM
vagisilpass... you have to remember you are a DONKO too. We KU/KC Chiefs Hybrids don't take kindly to your kind 'round these parts.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Damn, give it a rest, over 300 damn schools didn't win it either. BTW, when was the last time Iowa has won it. BTW, Az. isn't on the upper tier anymore either......

You want to keep crowing, find a damn Iowa cornfield to sit your ass down in......:D
Game, Set, Match...

Royc75 1 Vailpass 0

Mr. Laz
03-21-2008, 10:28 PM
ya think.........

wait for it............

wait for it .............

dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
ya think.........

wait for it............

wait for it .............

dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL:thumb:

ROYC75
03-22-2008, 01:11 AM

http://stoneywageslave.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/snagglepuss11.jpg

( Clemson ) Exit, Stage left !ROFL

vailpass
03-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Damn it's gonna' be funny when KU takes their annual exit from the tourney this year. Have to put some of you boys on suicide watch. They need to get you guys a pro sports team in your area so you have something to focus on besides college hoops.