PDA

View Full Version : More Hword from Baarack: He demanded Trent Lott's resignation...

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 02:15 PM
My RWNJ friends are coming thru for me now that I agree with them about something. The source is World Net Daily so keep that in mind. Obama apparently has a different standards for different people. :doh!:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59337

"It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do," said Obama.

He added: "The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party."

Donger
03-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I wonder how Obama feels about Robert Byrd?

Sully
03-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, Lott, ostensibly, was saying we would be better off segregated.
Wright has said the exact opposite.

No hypocrisy here.

RedDread
03-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I wonder how Obama feels about Robert Byrd?

BARBARIC!!!

Donger
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Oops.

Obama closed his Tuesday letter by stating, “A Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate would mean a real change in the priorities of Washington, but more importantly, it would provide significant change for everyday people across America.

“Remember, in order to win back the Senate majority, we need Robert Byrd.”

It's nice that Obama can overlook overt racism when it's politically expedient.

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 02:36 PM

No hypocrisy here.

ROFL

Sully
03-20-2008, 02:37 PM
ROFL

Care to actually refute anything?

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Care to actually refute anything?

They are opposite sides of the same coin. Your mental gymnastics doesn't erase the fact that Baarack was none too willing to forgive negative racial remarks from one race and not from the other.

Sully
03-20-2008, 02:57 PM
They are opposite sides of the same coin. Your mental gymnastics doesn't erase the fact that Barack was none too willing to forgive negative racial remarks from one race and not from the other.

Mental gymnastics? I'm not that agile.
I simply see a difference in a preacher using some fiery rhetoric that Obama has admonished (and fired the guy from his staff for), and a guy calling for the extension of segregation.

penguinz
03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
They are opposite sides of the same coin. Your mental gymnastics doesn't erase the fact that Baarack was none too willing to forgive negative racial remarks from one race and not from the other.One is head of a church where as the other is a prominent leadership position in the US government.

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
One is head of a church where as the other is a prominent leadership position in the US government.

And their common denominator is a person who wants to be THE head of government and his inability to be consistent on the issue of race.

mlyonsd
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
One is head of a church where as the other is a prominent leadership position in the US government.

Which one do they take their kids to for moral and spiritual guidance?

bkkcoh
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
They are opposite sides of the same coin. Your mental gymnastics doesn't erase the fact that Baarack was none too willing to forgive negative racial remarks from one race and not from the other.

I tried mental gymnastics once, but pulled my hammy really bad. :banghead:

Sully
03-20-2008, 03:15 PM

Did it without a spotter, didn't you?
HOW MANY TIMES have I told you ALWAYS use a spotter!!!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc
03-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I think it's time for someone to start a KCObamaStalker.

StcChief
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Bark Obama's true colors are beginning to show.

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM

http://www.denningers.com/Image/Golden%20Glazed%20Ham.jpg
It's that time of year... ;)

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I think it's time for someone to start a KCObamaStalker.

I was right about Grbac wasn't I?

Gannon too. :doh!: :D: :harumph:

Not to mention King Carl, the Iraq War. I like my odds on Obamessiah.

patteeu
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Mental gymnastics? I'm not that agile.
I simply see a difference in a preacher using some fiery rhetoric that Obama has admonished (and fired the guy from his staff for), and a guy calling for the extension of segregation.

Of course, the guy wasn't calling for an extension of segregation at all. You may or may not realize that, but I'm confident Obama did when he decided to take the path of the demagogue instead of the path of honor on this issue.

penguinz
03-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Which one do they take their kids to for moral and spiritual guidance?

Which one is responsible for creation of laws which effect a nation and which one just a public speaker?

SBK
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Which one is responsible for creation of laws which effect a nation and which one just a public speaker?

Sounds like Obama to me. :)

penguinz
03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds like Obama to me. :)Aren't you clever. Clinton and Reagan were terrific public speakers also. It takes someone that makes people stop and listen to lead a country successfully. Obama has this ability.

SBK
03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Aren't you clever. Clinton and Reagan were terrific public speakers also. It takes someone that makes people stop and listen to lead a country successfully. Obama has this ability.

Clinton and Reagan were also great leaders, and Reagan in particular was the leader of a movement. Obama is a great speaker, past that I haven't seen anything in him.

But don't get me wrong, he's a GREAT speaker, probably one of the best out there right now. Should make tons of money on the speaking circuit. :D

BucEyedPea
03-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Did Trent Lott actually say "segregationist past" or is Obama inferring that from his statements? I don't recall the original quote.

mikey23545
03-20-2008, 11:09 PM

No hypocrisy here.

Could you please furnish the quote where Lott asked for segregation? I think I must have missed it.

Logical
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Clinton and Reagan were also great leaders, and Reagan in particular was the leader of a movement. Obama is a great speaker, past that I haven't seen anything in him.

But don't get me wrong, he's a GREAT speaker, probably one of the best out there right now. Should make tons of money on the speaking circuit. :D

Come off your high horse, I was a huge Reagan backer (voted for him both times) but he was nothing more than a great public speaker before being elected the first time. He certainly was not a great thinker nor did he have incredibly well thought out plans. He was a former President of SAG and a fine governor and nothing more. He became a true leader while in office, you could easily say he rose to the job.

mikey23545
03-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Could you please furnish the quote where Lott asked for segregation? I think I must have missed it.

I thought so.

HolmeZz
03-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Could you please furnish the quote where Lott asked for segregation?

It's what Thurmond was running on.

"I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either."

- Trent Lott

I don't think Lott really advocates segregation, but his comment was not well thought out.

mlyonsd
03-21-2008, 08:01 AM

Which one do you sit your kids down in front of to pick up thoughts and ideas to emulate?

patteeu
03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Come off your high horse, I was a huge Reagan backer (voted for him both times) but he was nothing more than a great public speaker before being elected the first time. He certainly was not a great thinker nor did he have incredibly well thought out plans. He was a former President of SAG and a fine governor and nothing more. He became a true leader while in office, you could easily say he rose to the job.

Your complete lack of political awareness goes back a lot farther than I realized.

Sully
03-21-2008, 08:30 AM

Don't forget, he also spied on and turned in his friends that he worked with.