PDA

View Full Version : I suck at supporting things

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 03:51 PM
First I picked and supported the KC Chiefs and we don't need to go in on what a great choice that is.

Then I get on the Obama bandwagon very early, like last year, and he now is about as electable as Denise.

This pastor problem will never go away and I think this is the end.

Oh well I guess I need to become a bandwagon supporter at least that way I can win something once awhile and make myself feel better.

*In case Obama gets the nomination and becomes POTUS this thread never happened.

SBK
03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm a Cubs, Chiefs and Iowa State Cyclone fan. The closest I'll ever get to a title was lost in a double foul.....

And on the bright side, I don't even have anyone to support in the Presidential election....

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm a Cubs, Chiefs and Iowa State Cyclone fan. The closest I'll ever get to a title was lost in a double foul.....

And on the bright side, I don't even have anyone to support in the Presidential election....

One of these days\decades\centuries the Cubs will win and when they do I will celebrate along with you.

On the bright side you are lucky. I actually got my hopes up this time, god knows why.

StcChief
03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Cubs are due (again). 100 years.... this is their lucky year.....No Bartman's, Buckner's.

Chiefs are not due Carl has to go first.

Obama has soiled his image (finally) kept wondering when this would happen.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Cubs are due (again). 100 years.... this is their lucky year.....No Bartman's, Buckner's.

Chiefs are not due Carl has to go first.

Obama has soiled his image (finally) kept wondering when this would happen.

Hopefully

Couldn't agree more

Unfortunately. I really was hoping that we finally found a candidate that was free from scandal and BS. I guess I will have to keep waiting.

chiefforlife
03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Hang in there, McCain is showing how stupid he is on a daily basis, although no one seems to care. Obama is still more electable than Hillary so there is still hope.
The Nomination process is out of our hands, we will just have to watch.

patteeu
03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Hang in there, McCain is showing how stupid he is on a daily basis, although no one seems to care. Obama is still more electable than Hillary so there is still hope.
The Nomination process is out of our hands, we will just have to watch.

How is McCain showing how stupid he is?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately. I really was hoping that we finally found a candidate that was free from scandal and BS. I guess I will have to keep waiting.

You do realize that this definition of scandal is based entirely upon the words of a man who Obama both repudiated and fired from his campaign, and thereafter he delivered what is probably going to be one of the most well-received speeches of the last 30 years.

I think that your perceptions of failure are beginning to encroach on your rationality.

NewChief
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Dirk,

Don't let the persistence of the loudmouths around here turn you off. It's easy to get swept away in the negativity. Obama has problems, but he's still got a very good chance at being the next POTUS.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I think that your perceptions of failure are beginning to encroach on your rationality.

Heh I am a Chiefs fan that by definition means there is no rationality involved

Dirk,

Don't let the persistence of the loudmouths around here turn you off. It's easy to get swept away in the negativity. Obama has problems, but he's still got a very good chance at being the next POTUS.

Actually I might have spoken too soon. The State Dept. might have given Obama a gift.

chiefforlife
03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
How is McCain showing how stupid he is?

Foreign affairs is supposed to be his strength yet Lieberman has had to correct him several times lately. The Jewish holiday being their version of Halloween? The confusion between Iraq and Iran? His now famous version of "Barbara Ann" the Bomb bomb Iran, this is not funny.

patteeu
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Foreign affairs is supposed to be his strength yet Lieberman has had to correct him several times lately. The Jewish holiday being their version of Halloween? The confusion between Iraq and Iran? His now famous version of "Barbara Ann" the Bomb bomb Iran, this is not funny.

He hasn't confused Iraq and Iran in any significant sense.

No Jewish holiday could ever really be Halloween given the nature of Halloween, but in the sense that it's their version of a holiday where kids dress up and snack on sweets there are indeed similarities.

And it was a joke, even if you don't think it was funny.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM

McCain isn't confused he is just senile and probably is developing Alzheimer's. That is what happens to 70+ year old men.

chiefforlife
03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
McCain isn't confused he is just senile and probably is developing Alzheimer's. That is what happens to 70+ year old men.

One of the other side effects is joking about killing people. In a time of war...I dont see the humor.

Brock
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I think you're wrong. If he isn't elected, it won't have anything to do with this.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I think you're wrong. If he isn't elected, it won't have anything to do with this.

I disagree it will be exactly because of this. I don't even think he will get the nomination unless this story dies.

Brock
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I disagree it will be exactly because of this. I don't even think he will get the nomination unless this story dies.

This story is going to die. He's not Hillary so he's still got a very good chance.

Baby Lee
03-21-2008, 04:42 AM

HE HAS HARD CANDY IN HIS LIVING ROOM!!!!!!

patteeu
03-21-2008, 07:27 AM

I know what you're trying to do with this thread, dirk. You're admitting that Obama is dead so that in 3 days or so, when the polls bounce back a bit, you'll be able to announce to the world the glorious resurrection of your messiah-candidate. You don't fool me. ;)

HonestChieffan
03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
First I picked and supported the KC Chiefs and we don't need to go in on what a great choice that is.

Then I get on the Obama bandwagon very early, like last year, and he now is about as electable as Denise.

This pastor problem will never go away and I think this is the end.

Oh well I guess I need to become a bandwagon supporter at least that way I can win something once awhile and make myself feel better.

*In case Obama gets the nomination and becomes POTUS this thread never happened.

Actually you do a pretty good job. At least you think about what and who you stand behind.We all suffer from the Chiefs thing. And Cub fan here forever.

dirk digler
03-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I know what you're trying to do with this thread, dirk. You're admitting that Obama is dead so that in 3 days or so, when the polls bounce back a bit, you'll be able to announce to the world the glorious resurrection of your messiah-candidate. You don't fool me. ;)

I am feeling better today because I believe we might have been duped

stevieray
03-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Dirk,

Don't let the persistence of the loudmouths around here turn you off

STFU...sooooo shocking that the same people who have slung shit for the last few years at Bush now want to act like they are above it all.

listen to your wife, NewRamitupyourass.

NewChief
03-21-2008, 07:51 AM
STFU...sooooo shocking that the same people who have slung shit for the last few years at Bush now want to act like they are above it all.

listen to your wife, NewRamitupyourass.

You've got a real hardon for me lately, stevie. What gives?

patteeu
03-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I am feeling better today because I believe we might have been duped

In what way?

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
God damn, people get frazzled so easily.

At worst, this helps Obama in the long run by removing that "oooooh I think he's a Muslim" stigma by way of associating his name with that of a pastor.

Worrying about this is as dumb as worrying about national polls in the primaries at any point before or after February.