PDA

View Full Version : State Department spying on Baaarack?

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Possibly. Breaking on KO. Passport records were breached in 01/08. It took them almost three months to notify BO about the breach. Who were they protecting in those three months?

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
This is breaking huge on Drudge.

Obama may have been given a gift by the incompetent Condi Rice

orange
03-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't worry too much about this. It didn't work when Bush I did it to Clinton's mom.

Another day, another GOP dirty trick.

patteeu
03-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Possibly. Breaking on KO. Passport records were breached in 01/08. It took them almost three months to notify BO about the breach. Who were they protecting in those three months?

Does Richard Armitage still work there? He's got some loose lips.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
wow 3 separate incidents and the last one a week or so ago.

Also why are low-level contractors able to look at people's passports?

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
This is breaking huge on Drudge.

Obama may have been given a gift by the incompetent Condi Rice

Dream on. This government spies on everyone. No one really expects they are immune. This time it was probably just curious morons who didn't know what they were looking at or why.

HolmeZz
03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I'd love to pretend I didn't just hear Hannity claim the Obama people leaked this to try to divert attention from Reverend Wright.

A little too late there, Sean.

BucEyedPea
03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd love to pretend I didn't just hear Hannity claim the Obama people leaked this to try to divert attention from Reverend Wright.

A little too late there, Sean.

Yet, he's one for calling others out for flimsy conspiracy theories.

NewChief
03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Dream on. This government spies on everyone. No one really expects they are immune. This time it was probably just curious morons who didn't know what they were looking at or why.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'd love to hear your reaction if this had happened to your dreamboy Edwards. Also, I think your original reaction to this was that it was a bad thing for Barack, and you were giddy. Now, you've realized that it might turn out to be a good thing for him, so you're equivocating. You're a piece of work.

memyselfI
03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'd love to hear your reaction if this had happened to your dreamboy Edwards.

I would not be surprised. IMO, the PATRIOT ACT basically erased any illusion of privacy American citizens could have reasonably expected. This might have been two or three busybees snooping but it just as easily could have been Big Brother.

dirk digler
03-20-2008, 07:43 PM

Which is illegal. If they gave the information out it is a felony

Boyceofsummer
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
and take jobs from American workers!

Oh yeah. That's the Boeing no-bid tanker fiasco. Never mind.

Halfcan
03-20-2008, 08:41 PM

OH SHIT-they KNOW what you just said-GET OUTTA THE HOUSE NOW!!!!!

BigOlChiefsfan
03-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical white people.

jAZ
03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/21/report_security_relaxed_at_obama_speech/8649/

Report: Security relaxed at Obama speech
Published: Feb. 21, 2008 at 6:27 PM

DALLAS, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- The Secret Service told Dallas police to stop screening for weapons while people were still arriving at a campaign rally for Barack Obama, a report said.

Police stopped checking people for weapons at the front gates of Reunion Arena more than an hour before the Democratic presidential hopeful appeared on stage Wednesday, the Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram reported.

Police said the order to stop using metal detectors and checking purses and laptop bags constituted a security lapse, the newspaper reported.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence -- who heads the department's homeland security and special operations divisions -- told the Star-Telegram the order had been intended to speed up seating of the more than 17,000 people who came to hear the candidate speak.

Lawrence said he was concerned about the large number of people being let in without being screened, but that the crowd seemed "friendly," the newspaper said.

Several Dallas police officers -- speaking on condition of anonymity because the order came from federal officers -- told the newspaper it was worrying to see so many people get it without even a cursory inspection.

The Star-Telegram said the Secret Service did not return a call seeking comment.

Taco John
03-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I get the feeling that Barack isn't as deep into the same pockets that Hillary and McCain are in.

ClevelandBronco
03-20-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/21/report_security_relaxed_at_obama_speech/8649/

Report: Security relaxed at Obama speech
Published: Feb. 21, 2008 at 6:27 PM

DALLAS, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- The Secret Service told Dallas police to stop screening for weapons while people were still arriving at a campaign rally for Barack Obama, a report said.

Police stopped checking people for weapons at the front gates of Reunion Arena more than an hour before the Democratic presidential hopeful appeared on stage Wednesday, the Fort Worth (Texas) Star-Telegram reported.

Police said the order to stop using metal detectors and checking purses and laptop bags constituted a security lapse, the newspaper reported.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence -- who heads the department's homeland security and special operations divisions -- told the Star-Telegram the order had been intended to speed up seating of the more than 17,000 people who came to hear the candidate speak.

Lawrence said he was concerned about the large number of people being let in without being screened, but that the crowd seemed "friendly," the newspaper said.

Several Dallas police officers -- speaking on condition of anonymity because the order came from federal officers -- told the newspaper it was worrying to see so many people get it without even a cursory inspection.

The Star-Telegram said the Secret Service did not return a call seeking comment.

What's the worry? It's perfectly safe. It's Dallas.

Donger
03-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I get the feeling that Barack isn't as deep into the same pockets that Hillary and McCain are in.

Considering that all three apparently had their passport records breached...

a1na2
03-21-2008, 09:26 PM

All three candidates had their files comprimised, who is it that forgot to include the whole story here? Lies by omission?

Logical
03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
All three candidates had their files comprimised, who is it that forgot to include the whole story here? Lies by omission?
In fairness that was not revealed until today, at the end of the day yesterday it had only been widely publicized about the three violations of Barack Obama's passport files.

DEnise definitely cannot be blamed.

chagrin
03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Dream on. This government spies on everyone.

LMAO TJ, Buc eyed pea - is that you?

No one really expects they are immune. This time it was probably just curious morons who didn't know what they were looking at or why.
Wow, you've really gone off the edge finally, haven't you :shake:

Logical
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
LMAO TJ, Buc eyed pea - is that you?

Wow, you've really gone off the edge finally, haven't you :shake:
Actually I think she is probably correct on both counts, most likely in some way this government is spying on everyone. But, pretty much everyone expects it and most of them don't care because they are willing to give up their freedoms because they are afraid of terrorism.

alanm
03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
So much for this story.