PDA

View Full Version : Shameless rumor about Herm.

Direckshun
03-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Got a friend who knows a woman who works for Gunther Cunningham. She's a longtime employee of his, and he's not sure what capacity she works for Gunther, but it's something along the lines of being his secretary, something non-football related.

I do not know my friend to be a reliable source of information, but this is juicy enough to pass on.

According to this woman, Herm's incited a lot of fury inside the Chiefs organization over the past year or so because he's trying to play the king, he's trying to completely overrun the organization from head to toe and trying to run out a lot of the employees who've worked for the Chiefs for years and years and years.

We're not just talking about high level assistants and stuff like that, but micromanaging on a such a level that he wants certain secretaries and other seemingly inconsequential jobs recast completely. Apparently he's done this without consulting any of the upper level guys who these lesser employees work for, and that's incited a lot of the growing resentment towards him.

Gunther, for one, was supposedly furious at Herm for even suggesting that a couple of his assisants had to go.

Enjoy. :D

beavis
03-21-2008, 04:31 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

OnTheWarpath58
03-21-2008, 05:26 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

:clap:

Pretty much.

Yet some folks around here will take it as gospel.

Guru
03-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Herm and Carl were getting it on in Clark's basement.

Coach
03-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Well, remember awhile ago that there was a shouting match going on at 1 Arrowhead Drive. Couldn't remember who reported it, but it occured during late of the season or at the end of the season.

tmax63
03-21-2008, 06:42 AM
more fuel for the Herm-haters

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Ah the more hate and discontent Herm causes the better....

Sounds like Herm has small penis syndrome...

To bad the joke is on the fan base of the Chiefs... How do we tolerate such trash?

TEX
03-21-2008, 08:32 AM
I dislike everything about Herm so this must be true.:D

StcChief
03-21-2008, 09:05 AM
but does she go to Church with Trent's wife... :rolleyes:

King_Chief_Fan
03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
don't need any more fuel. I couldn't possibly hate him as a coach more than i do now.

Brock
03-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Good, run all those old pieces of shit out of there. Everybody from the janitor to the CEO.

raybec 4
03-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Herm and Carl were getting it on in Clark's basement.

Now that is a shameless rumor. Who gives a crap about him firing office help?(Besides the office help,that is).

NaptownChief
03-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Good, run all those old pieces of shit out of there. Everybody from the janitor to the CEO.

Agreed...About the only good move Herm has every tried to make but he seems to at least understand that everything that is status quo in 1 Arrowhead needs flushed.

Skip Towne
03-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I believe every word of it and I now hate Herm more than ever.

Woodrow Call
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Amen.

Maybe Gun will take a stand and quit in protest. That would be outstanding.

Rooster
03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Gun is going to kick Herm's a$$.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Gun is going to kick Herm's a$$.
I would actually pay good money to see that...

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
don't need any more fuel. I couldn't possibly hate him as a coach more than i do now.
I hated the cum dumpster in NYJ, thought he was a piece of shit coach that rode the excuse for his failures because NE was so dominate in his division..

Now he is in KC and cant even beat the raiders or get a first down in a playoff game until late 3rd qtr...

He is making a joke of the Chiefs...

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I hated the cum dumpster in NYJ, thought he was a piece of shit coach that rode the excuse for his failures because NE was so dominate in his division..

Now he is in KC and cant even beat the raiders or get a first down in a playoff game until late 3rd qtr...

news flash we were a joke under vermiel....only then it was the defense that made us a laughingstock.

doomy3
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
This is a bad thing? How dare Herm wants all the people associated with this mediocre franchise gone!!

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
news flash we were a joke under vermiel....only then it was the defense that made us a laughingstock.

What does that have to do with Herm?

Okay so I will play along now....

News flash, we were a joke under Marty... could beat you in the regular season, but would lay down like a $3 whore in the playoffs, Of if Marty had a spine in the playoffs we might of had several superbowl appearances....

Chiefs Pantalones
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
They all need to go. Including Herm himself.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:18 AM
This is a bad thing? How dare Herm wants all the people associated with this mediocre franchise gone!!
It shoudl start with a below mediocre coach first...

It must start at the top, you cant replace mediocre with worse than mediocre...

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-21-2008, 10:20 AM

News flash, we were a joke under Marty... could beat you in the regular season, but would lay down like a $3 whore in the playoffs, Of if Marty had a spine in the playoffs we might of had several superbowl appearances....

you said he was MAKING us a joke...fact is we were already one to begin with...carry on.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
you said he was MAKING us a joke...fact is we were already one to begin with...carry on.
Fair enough...

Fish
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Herm sux. He's teh idi0t!!! Change badddd. Mediocre goooood.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Herm sux. He's teh idi0t!!! Change badddd. Mediocre goooood.

Dude, Herm is the definition of mediocre.

He hasn't done shit in this league but make teams worse off than they were before he took over.

keg in kc
03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
This is a bad thing? How dare Herm wants all the people associated with this mediocre franchise gone!!Seriously.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Seriously.
Seriously! how can he have the balls to call out others when he is just as mediocre or worse than they are...

Not like he has done anything to prove anyone otherwise in the NFL...

BigChiefFan
03-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Gunther seems like he could explode at a moments notice. I sure would have liked to see him get in Herm's face. That would have been an instant classic.

Extra Point
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Al Davis My plan for taking over the world is working, thanks to my beloved minions.

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Gunther seems like he could explode at a moments notice. I sure would have liked to see him get in Herm's face. That would have been an instant classic.

Herm should have fired Gunther on day one.

a1na2
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM

How many of those were there when we were not the laughing stock? I don't think the office help had much to do with the performance on the field.

a1na2
03-21-2008, 11:03 AM

That's not completely true, but there is some truth to it. From '89 - '97 we were one of the most reported teams in the NFL. During that period we had a year or two that we had the highest "gear" sales among the teams in the NFL

BigChiefFan
03-21-2008, 11:03 AM

Gunther isn't a bad coach, he just isn't great. He's also running a defense that isn't suited to his style of coaching. We have more cluster****s on this team that I've ever seen. HERM should have let his coaches, coach and stay the Hell out of everybody's way. Herm is awful. Gunther is BETTER and that isn't saying much.

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:06 AM
That's not completely true, but there is some truth to it. From '89 - '97 we were one of the most reported teams in the NFL. During that period we had a year or two that we had the highest "gear" sales among the teams in the NFL

Great if that's your goal.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Gunther isn't a bad coach, he just isn't great. He's also running a defense that isn't suited to his style of coaching. We have more cluster****s on this team that I've ever seen. HERM should have let his coaches, coach and stay the Hell out of everybody's way. Herm is awful. Gunther is BETTER and that isn't saying much.
gunther is better than herm?

:spock:

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM

There is no reason for Gunther Cunningham to be here, period. If he's running a defense that isn't suited to himself, he should quit or be fired.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2008, 11:10 AM

:spock:Like I said that isn't saying much, but yes. I'd rather have a tough mofo as the captain of the ship over a bullshitting know it all.

HemiEd
03-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I dislike everything about Herm so this must be true.:D

me too.

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Like I said that isn't saying much, but yes. I'd rather have a tough mofo as the captain of the ship over a bullshitting know it all.

Yeah well, the team quit on that tough mofo if you'd care to remember.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2008, 11:13 AM
There is no reason for Gunther Cunningham to be here, period. If he's running a defense that isn't suited to himself, he should quit or be fired.
Tell it to Herm and Carl. I'm not saying we should keep him, in fact I agree, he should have never been kept, but he's still a better coach than Herm, evidenced by Herm putting square pegs in round holes philosophy that netted us a 4-12 season.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah well, the team quit on that tough mofo if you'd care to remember.

But the 4-12 squad led by Herm never gave up, right?:D

HemiEd
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM

Yep

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I remember a couple of years ago when all the experts around here were blathering about how Peter Guinta couldn't be fired quickly enough and he can now flip you all both middle fingers with super bowl rings on them. HEY MAYBE HE WASN'T THE PROBLEM AFTER ALL

beach tribe
03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=276328

a1na2
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM

You seem to have forgotten that during those years we were in the running for the SB virtually every year.

The goal of any team is to get to that big game, the fact that KC didnt' get there in those years is not a slam to the Chiefs, so to speak, but that other teams had more of a desire to prepare for the games and get the job done. I wanted the Chiefs there as much as anyone but I'm not going to slam the team for making the effort then.

Slamming them now days is easy because they suck and the HC sucks and the GM needs to be replaced.

mrbiggz
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
For some reason I think it might be some truth to this.

Herm needs to worry less about non-football staffing issues and focus more about his players and coaching strategies/philosophies.

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
You seem to have forgotten that during those years we were in the running for the SB virtually every year.

Bowser
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
It sounds like Herm is doing just what Gunther did when he was coach here, if this is true. What's next, Herm going to chatrooms to see what people think of him?

Chest Rockwell
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
This organization needs an enema.

That said, my cousin's girlfriend's sister's step-brother's niece said that her best friend was chatting in AIM with this kid and he said he read on a blog that a pet whisperer heard from Carl's chihuahua that Herm told the dog he wanted to disinter Lamar's body, fire it, then re-bury it upside-down. Obviously the dog was extremely traumatized.

And Herm is the debbil.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 11:47 AM

:spock:

This is better than Herm....

http://static.flickr.com/45/145155955_c49218a2fe_o.jpg

Brock
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
It sounds like Herm is doing just what Gunther did when he was coach here, if this is true. What's next, Herm going to chatrooms to see what people think of him?

Eh, Gunther was a puppet coach. I don't like Herm Edwards as a coach, but the fact(?) that he has a bunch of old guard Chiefs people pissed off is a good thing, IMO.

BigRock
03-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Got a friend who knows a woman who works for Gunther Cunningham. She's a longtime employee of his, and he's not sure what capacity she works for Gunther, but it's something along the lines of being his secretary, something non-football related.

I do not know my friend to be a reliable source of information, but this is juicy enough to pass on.

According to this woman, Herm's incited a lot of fury inside the Chiefs organization over the past year or so because he's trying to play the king, he's trying to completely overrun the organization from head to toe and trying to run out a lot of the employees who've worked for the Chiefs for years and years and years.

We're not just talking about high level assistants and stuff like that, but micromanaging on a such a level that he wants certain secretaries and other seemingly inconsequential jobs recast completely. Apparently he's done this without consulting any of the upper level guys who these lesser employees work for, and that's incited a lot of the growing resentment towards him.

Gunther, for one, was supposedly furious at Herm for even suggesting that a couple of his assisants had to go.

Enjoy. :D

ROFL

Gunther: "Sorry, longtime secretarial employee of mine, but I've got to get rid of you. No, no, it's not you! It's... uh... it's HERM! He's a crazy micromanager! He's trying to control everything! I really went to bat for you, but he's drunk with power. If it was up to me, I'd keep you around forever. Yeah, you've done a great job.

Anyway, you're fired."

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Eh, Gunther was a puppet coach. I don't like Herm Edwards as a coach, but the fact(?) that he has a bunch of old guard Chiefs people pissed off is a good thing, IMO.
Herm is a yes man nothing more, nothing less... Herm is a puppet Coach as long as Carl is here....

Carls Ego and Herm BS know it all attitude will cause the Chiefs to implode from within....

This is going to be fun to watch!

Spectre
03-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Too bad you guys are stuck with him. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase though.

blueballs
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
If you were hired under Lamar you had a job for life -Steadman -Peterson
why care about the customers(fanbase) under this mind set
If Herm is cleaning house of that attitude I'm all for it -competition baby no job is safe

Bowser
03-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Too bad you guys are stuck with him. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase though.

Spoken like a true Donko fan.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
might be true, might not be true....

who really gives a shit if Herm and Carl are fighting?

i don't see anyone at Arrowhead that's not expendable.

Hopefully they all destroy each other and we'll get start over fresh. :shrug:

ChiefsCountry
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
If Herm is trying to clean house that is a good thing IMO. Seems like he is wrestling control away from Carl and has Clark's approval on it.

a1na2
03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I have a good source about the situation and it is claimed to be mostly true. The source has never liked Herm but said that the manipulation of the staff (even that staff outside his realm) has been ongoing.

Someone needs to send him to time out and have him review his level of authority.

The source also said that if he is trying that with CP that he might be starting a bigger war than he can finish.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
If Herm is trying to clean house that is a good thing IMO. Seems like he is wrestling control away from Carl and has Clark's approval on it.
Great so he gets rid of Carl, then we are stuck with a Bullshit artist that cant coach...

Then what?

ChiefsCountry
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Great so he gets rid of Carl, then we are stuck with a Bullshit artist that cant coach...

Then what?

Its a hell alot easier to get rid of bullshit coach than a control freak president.

a1na2
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Then what?

Then 4-12 might be looking good!

Brock
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
So basically we have an idiot GM who once again can't get along with yet another head coach he handpicked?

stonedstooge
03-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Maybe that's the big announcement next week. Herm is going to declare himself King of the Chiefs realm and get rid of all those secretaries that obviously caused this franchise to be so horrible the past years. ****ing secretaries ****ing up everything. My God the man needs to look in the mirror and see what a loser he is himself. If he needs to get rid of someone, dump his own ass first.

Ususally those who like to micromanage outside of their own area do so because they can't handle their own areas. I worked with a guy exactly like that. Always had his nose in everyone's business except his own. Keep shit stirred in other areas keeps the heat off of oneself.

blueballs
03-21-2008, 01:36 PM

-------------

THis is just the kind of employee that needs to be fired
gossip kills families
a team is a family

Dave Lane
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Like we need any

a1na2
03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe that's the big announcement next week. Herm is going to declare himself King of the Chiefs realm and get rid of all those secretaries that obviously caused this franchise to be so horrible the past years. ****ing secretaries ****ing up everything. My God the man needs to look in the mirror and see what a loser he is himself. If he needs to get rid of someone, dump his own ass first.

Ususally those who like to micromanage outside of their own area do so because they can't handle their own areas. I worked with a guy exactly like that. Always had his nose in everyone's business except his own. Keep shit stirred in other areas keeps the heat off of oneself.

That would be good to get rid of all of the secretaries if they were not around when the Chiefs were in the playoffs from '89-'97. My information tells me that most of them were there when the team was good. That should eliminate the secretaries from being the problem. It's a simple logic problem. What is different between the time Marty left and now?

crazycoffey
03-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Hey now, what did a $3 dollar whore ever do to you?

Halfcan
03-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I heard Herm likes to borrow a pink thong from Carl and wear it on game day. He also said-he is not going to wash it until the Cheaps win a game.

Halfcan
03-21-2008, 05:31 PM

not enough-I guess :spock:

Spectre
03-21-2008, 05:32 PM
So basically we have an idiot GM who once again can't get along with yet another head coach he handpicked?

And you continue to be a fan of that franchise. Just remember that everytime you buy Chiefs merchandise, go to a game or watch them on TV, you are contributing to the problem.

crazycoffey
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
not enough-I guess :spock:

meh- you get what you pay for. His sister probably didn't even give him a family discount......

:D

Halfcan
03-21-2008, 05:39 PM
meh- you get what you pay for. His sister probably didn't even give him a family discount......

OUCH-that one will leave a mark

Bowser
03-21-2008, 05:42 PM
And you continue to be a fan of that franchise. Just remember that everytime you buy Chiefs merchandise, go to a game or watch them on TV, you are contributing to the problem.

Yes, because there is no way to root for a team, in spite of the idiot we have as a GM. Absolutely brilliant.

Spectre
03-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes, because there is no way to root for a team, in spite of the idiot we have as a GM. Absolutely brilliant.

Surely you are not disputing that the Chiefs would keep Peterson if fan support went in the toilet.

CP has a stranglehold on the Chiefs. He keeps the team medicore enough that fans continue to support them but he refuses to do what it takes to push the team over the hump.

Continue supporting the Chiefs and you will continue to be punished for this.

crazycoffey
03-21-2008, 05:53 PM

"It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again"

Bowser
03-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Surely you are not disputing that the Chiefs would keep Peterson if fan support went in the toilet.

CP has a stranglehold on the Chiefs. He keeps the team medicore enough that fans continue to support them but he refuses to do what it takes to push the team over the hump.

Lamar Hunt was dedicated to his people to a fault (see Jack Steadman). We'll see if Clark has that same attribute or not. I have a feeling he does not.

I will continue to root for the Chiefs - it's what I do. Whether or not I support them financially in the coming seasons is another matter entirely.

Halfcan
03-21-2008, 06:06 PM
but..... we is gonna build a team in da draft-I has a plan for you all-so git over it

Hermmie is on da case.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 06:30 PM
She didnt give me change! :)

Reerun_KC
03-21-2008, 06:32 PM

:mad:

You bastard!

Der Flöprer
03-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Really? I always thought you loved the current regime. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

crazycoffey
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
:mad:

You bastard!

You know I love you.
Hey, I even picked your hawks to win it all.
That should stack the odds......

mikey23545
03-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Flush yourself, turd.

the Talking Can
03-21-2008, 07:19 PM

:clap:

Spectre
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Flush yourself, turd.

Another witty and well thought out post from the Chiefs faithful.

And people said you guys weren't a bunch of backwood hicks. :doh!:

milkman
03-22-2008, 08:31 AM

I bet you think that magicians actually do saw people in half.

milkman
03-22-2008, 08:32 AM
That would be good to get rid of all of the secretaries if they were not around when the Chiefs were in the playoffs from '89-'97. My information tells me that most of them were there when the team was good. That should eliminate the secretaries from being the problem. It's a simple logic problem. What is different between the time Marty left and now?

What's different?

The Chiefs only sucked when the playoffs started.

In the end, though, suckage is suckage.

milkman
03-22-2008, 08:35 AM
At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about any of this.

Herman ****ing Edwards, Gunt and Carl all suck ass and can't be jettisoned soon enough.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-22-2008, 10:16 AM

you a charger fan or something??? we actually follow our team through the rough times unlike that pathetic fan base.

SLAG
03-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I heard Herm is a catlicker

Spectre
03-22-2008, 12:19 PM
you a charger fan or something??? we actually follow our team through the rough times unlike that pathetic fan base.

I'm not going to divulge who I root for, but I'll tell you that I hate the Chiefs.

Good enough?

mrpopo
03-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not going to divulge who I root for, but I'll tell you that I hate the Chiefs.

Good enough?

:hmmm: as long as its not the raiders or Broncs.... im cool with it ...its not the raiders or broncos .... is it? :eek: ;)

Spectre
03-22-2008, 12:24 PM
:hmmm: as long as its not the raiders or Broncs.... im cool with it ...its not the raiders or broncos .... is it? :eek: ;)

I'll say it's an AFC team, but not AFC West. That's the most you'll get from me.

CupidStunt
03-22-2008, 12:32 PM
"I hate the Chiefs. I just have nothing better to do in my sad life so I'll post on a Chiefs message board on the internet."

Brock
03-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I'll say it's an AFC team, but not AFC West. That's the most you'll get from me.

Pussy.

Spectre
03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Pussy.

It cuts down on deflection. Personally I think it's a great tactic.

Mosbonian
03-22-2008, 01:44 PM

So...what you decided to do is to come over and shoot crap towards our team without having the stones to identify yours?

How brave and insightful. Guys like you don't hang around long because you don't have the intestinal fortitude to handle what this board dishes out.

mmaddog

Spectre
03-23-2008, 12:10 AM
So...what you decided to do is to come over and shoot crap towards our team without having the stones to identify yours?

How brave and insightful. Guys like you don't hang around long because you don't have the intestinal fortitude to handle what this board dishes out.

mmaddog

No, actually it was pretty well planned out. This board specializes in deflection when confronted with attacks on the Chiefs, so by not identifying my team it forces you to address the smack talk at hand rather than deflecting it back onto my team.

Oh, and believe me when I say that there is absolutely nothing in this world you could say over the internet that would make me leave. I've been to alot of message boards in my life and you guys ain't exactly cream of the crop when it comes to smack talk and personal attacks.

blueballs
03-23-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd say a good sprinkling of salt should do it

UL Washington
03-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Herm want's everyone to group think just like Goatse suggests is such a great thing. And those white women don't fall for his rap.

Ari Chi3fs
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM
At least we have three field goal kickers signed.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-23-2008, 01:46 AM
I still think the annoucement is we're trading our 1st round pick for Trent Green...

Halfcan
03-23-2008, 01:50 AM
I've been to alot of message boards in my life and you guys ain't exactly cream of the crop when it comes to smack talk and personal attacks.

but...... you have cooties and your feet smell

how is that for smack talk biatch- thanks for playing-don't let the door his you in the ass on the way out. :)

Mosbonian
03-23-2008, 08:12 AM
No, actually it was pretty well planned out. This board specializes in deflection when confronted with attacks on the Chiefs, so by not identifying my team it forces you to address the smack talk at hand rather than deflecting it back onto my team..

Nice try....but actually the reasoned and principaled posters on this board would probably ignore you. It's having that "dog in the hunt" principal. Otherwise you truly have little to no credibility.

Oh, and believe me when I say that there is absolutely nothing in this world you could say over the internet that would make me leave. I've been to alot of message boards in my life and you guys ain't exactly cream of the crop when it comes to smack talk and personal attacks.

Just as an FYI, we didn't create this board to do meet the challenge of equaling the smaque content of other boards. This is a board to talk about various topic, including the Chiefs.

And BTW, many of us have been to other boards and find them less entertaining and enjoyable. Just because someone can beat "well your Mom wears combat boots" in their smaque doesn't make them entertaining or "better".

mmaddog

Baby Lee
03-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Roseanne's husband: "Dude, your wife is heinous."
Dude: "Oh yeah, who's your wife."
Roseanne's husband: "I'll tell you this much, she's an actress."

Spectre
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Nice try....but actually the reasoned and principaled posters on this board would probably ignore you. It's having that "dog in the hunt" principal. Otherwise you truly have little to no credibility.

Glad to see you aren't included in that bunch. :clap:

Bob Dole
03-23-2008, 01:53 PM
No, actually it was pretty well planned out. This board specializes in deflection when confronted with attacks on the Chiefs, so by not identifying my team it forces you to address the smack talk at hand rather than deflecting it back onto my team.

Can you offer any information about debt validation and settlement?

a1na2
03-23-2008, 05:13 PM
I bet you think that magicians actually do saw people in half.

Jeez, milky. If you don't remember that the Chiefs were competitive during the first 7 years that CP and MS were in KC you haven't been a fan very long. Before those two showed up in KC we had been to a playoff game once or twice in the previous 16 years.

I've never seen a real magician. Everything I've seen has been optical gags and slight of hand.

Winning football games is not magic, you win with more points.

milkman
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Jeez, milky. If you don't remember that the Chiefs were competitive during the first 7 years that CP and MS were in KC you haven't been a fan very long. Before those two showed up in KC we had been to a playoff game once or twice in the previous 16 years.

I've been a fan since the day the moving trucks pulled up to old Municipal Stadium in KC.

I'm familiar with the 70s and 80s.

I've never seen a real magician. Everything I've seen has been optical gags and slight of hand.

Winning football games is not magic, you win with more points.

They won a lot of regular season games, creating the illusion that they were contenders, but when it mattered the most, they couldn't score more points in the post season.

The fact that Joe Montana was almost able to overcome Marty's playoff incompetence is a damn miracle.

Without Montana, those Marty Chiefs scored an average of 11 points, or thereabouts.

They were pretenders, not contenders.

a1na2
03-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I've been a fan since the day the moving trucks pulled up to old Municipal Stadium in KC.

I'm familiar with the 70s and 80s.

They won a lot of regular season games, creating the illusion that they were contenders, but when it mattered the most, they couldn't score more points in the post season.

The fact that Joe Montana was almost able to overcome Marty's playoff incompetence is a damn miracle.

Without Montana, those Marty Chiefs scored an average of 11 points, or thereabouts.

They were pretenders, not contenders.

If that's your outlook they will never be anything more to you, not a thing.

I put a little more into playing in the AFC Championship game than being a pretender.

I'm a long time fan myself. I watched them the very first year they were in KC. I suppose that the trip to SB I and SB IV they were pretending as well.

I don't really feel you have a grip on what it takes to win as well as the loyality to the team that you should have developed over the years. I've never been anything but a Chiefs fan and will never switch to another team.

ROYC75
03-23-2008, 07:21 PM
We find out tomorrow, Yea !

milkman
03-23-2008, 07:43 PM
If that's your outlook they will never be anything more to you, not a thing.

I put a little more into playing in the AFC Championship game than being a pretender.

I'm a long time fan myself. I watched them the very first year they were in KC. I suppose that the trip to SB I and SB IV they were pretending as well.

I don't really feel you have a grip on what it takes to win as well as the loyality to the team that you should have developed over the years. I've never been anything but a Chiefs fan and will never switch to another team.

I qualified the Montana year as an exception.

And are you serious?

Of course they weren't pretenders in '66-67 and '69-70.

They made it the SB, which is by definition not a pretender.

They were champions, which by defintion is gar more than contender.

That has to be the stupiest ****ing question ever.

And I'm still here rooting for them.

How does my different opinion of their contender status negate my loyalty?

blueballs
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Spectre and a1na2 in the same thread
on the same page
now I fell like Stephen freaking Hawking

Mosbonian
03-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Glad to see you aren't included in that bunch. :clap:

That's the best you have? Wow...I'm impressed. I was actually waiting to see if you changed your mind and became a real person before putting you on ignore. But you've saved me the time..for that much I am appreciative.

mmaddog

Spectre
03-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Can you offer any information about debt validation and settlement?

Where did that come from?

Logical
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Herm is a yes man nothing more, nothing less... Herm is a puppet Coach as long as Carl is here....

Carls Ego and Herm BS know it all attitude will cause the Chiefs to implode from within....

This is going to be fun to watch!
Yup (implosions are the best of all the potential explosions to watch)

Logical
03-24-2008, 05:19 PM
might be true, might not be true....

who really gives a shit if Herm and Carl are fighting?

i don't see anyone at Arrowhead that's not expendable.

Hopefully they all destroy each other and we'll get start over fresh. :shrug:
Yes and that starts at the very top with Clark Hunt. Of course if he goes, the Chiefs probably will be moving. Doomed to mediocrity forever, a little bit of Hell on Earth.

Spectre
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
That's the best you have? Wow...I'm impressed. I was actually waiting to see if you changed your mind and became a real person before putting you on ignore. But you've saved me the time..for that much I am appreciative.

mmaddog

Enjoy it my friend.

a1na2
03-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Yes and that starts at the very top with Clark Hunt. Of course if he goes, the Chiefs probably will be moving. Doomed to mediocrity forever, a little bit of Hell on Earth.

What world do you live in? Clark Hunt is not going to sell the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are not moving.

And the owner is not the reason that the team can't meet your expectations.

Maybe your expectations are unrealistic considering the current situation.

Get used to what you have or find another team, it's really pretty easy.

If you are only a Chiefs fan for when they win the games and the occasional Super Bowl the might be a problem with the way you think.

BigChiefFan
03-24-2008, 11:58 PM
He's an AFC fan and he hates the Chiefs, gee I wonder if he's a Jet fan.

BigChiefFan
03-25-2008, 12:02 AM
What world do you live in? Clark Hunt is not going to sell the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are not moving.

And the owner is not the reason that the team can't meet your expectations.

Maybe your expectations are unrealistic considering the current situation.

Get used to what you have or find another team, it's really pretty easy.

If you are only a Chiefs fan for when they win the games and the occasional Super Bowl the might be a problem with the way you think. Anybody who has supported this team and not had a playoff win in going on FIFTEEN years has a every right to be pessimistic when it comes to Carl and his failed plans. The proof is in the pudding and Carl's track record speaks for itself. He is a failure there is no getting around it.

MadMax
03-25-2008, 12:18 AM
It cuts down on deflection. Personally I think it's a great tactic.

While I whole heartedly agree that CP sucks and our team is a joke atm, I will add the word ASSHOLE comes to mind when I read your posts.. One has to question the motives of your being here? Just curious, I've never felt the need to kick others while they are down... Late night sneeky Uncle?