PDA

View Full Version : New TUCC minister compares Wright to Jesus on Easter Sunday asks for $ to defend

memyselfI
03-23-2008, 10:10 AM
He compared Wright's plight to Jesus' crucifixion. This should help kill the Wright story. :spock: :shake: :doh!:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/23/in-eastor-sermon-trinity-united-pastor-compares-rev-wright-to-jesus/

The new pastor at Barack Obama’s church used his first Easter sermon on Sunday to compare controversial Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. to Jesus’ death at the hands of the Romans.

Sunday’s sunrise sermon, delivered by Rev. Otis Moss III, was called “How to Handle a Public Lynching” and focused primarily on the media firestorm that has focused international attention on this Chicago ministry, which is the church attended by the Democratic presidential candidate.

Moss did not directly mention his spiritual mentor by name, but told the congregation at Trinity United Church of Christ
that Wright, who has delivered sermons in which he likened the U.S. to the Ku Klux Klan and saying it is damned for its state-sponsored terrorism, is facing the same challenges Jesus did.

“No one should start a ministry with lynching, no one should end their ministry with lynching. The lynching was national news. The RNN, the Roman News Network, was reporting it and NPR, National Publican Radio had it on the radio. The Jerusalem Post and the Palestine Times all wanted exclusives, they searched out the young ministers, showed up unannounced at their houses, tried to talk with their families, called up their friends, wanted to get a quote on how do you feel about the lynching?”

Moss issued several pleas to congregants to donate to what he called the “Resurrection Fund,” stressing that during this time of battle, money is needed to defend the church. He offered no additional specifics about the fund, telling churchgoers he didn’t want to get into it because Trinity is streaming the service live on the Web and the services are available for purchase on DVD.

He concluded with another analogy, saying, “In order to crucify him you’ve got to lift him up … he had more visibility on the cross than he did during his entire ministry.”

Ultra Peanut
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
UNF UNF UNF HARDER FOXNEWS UNF HARDER

**** CONTEXT I WANT SIZZZZZLE UNF UNF UNF

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
UNF UNF UNF HARDER FOXNEWS UNF HARDER

**** CONTEXT I WANT SIZZZZZLE UNF UNF UNF

thread over.

patteeu
03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Another message of victimhood from the pulpit of TUCC. Big surprise.

Thig Lyfe
03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Did Obama write the speech? No? Then I don't give a f*ck.

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 11:35 AM

When you can't find anything on your opponent, smear everyone he knows and go for guilt by association.

memyselfI
03-23-2008, 11:38 AM

Of course you don't. :doh!: ROFL

memyselfI
03-23-2008, 11:41 AM
When you can't find anything on your opponent, smear everyone he knows and go for guilt by association.

Oh yes, since we all attend churches ministered by racist and hateful rhetoric, and don't we all have a former terrorist friends in our background, and none of us can find a reason why we could be proud of our country until it benefited us personally????

Yeah, he's got nothing on HIM. He might be pure as driven snow but he sure keeps some fugged up company and that goes to HIS judgment.

Messier
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh yes, since we all attend churches ministered by racist and hateful rhetoric, and don't we all have a former terrorist friends in our background, and none of us can find a reason why we could be proud of our country until it benefited us personally????

Yeah, he's got nothing on HIM. He might be pure as driven snow but he sure keeps some fugged up company and that goes to HIS judgment.

What racist things did Wright say again?

HonestChieffan
03-23-2008, 11:45 AM
At our church today we did have a good message about Easter. We had bible references. It was really nice.

We didnt get into politics, race, issues of hate, or politics.

memyselfI
03-23-2008, 11:46 AM
What racist things did Wright say again?

USKKK of America and the AIDS rants are two of his finest. I find them personally appalling.

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 11:49 AM

I have watched most the sermons in question that Wright's "hateful and racist rhetoric", and I don't agree that those sermons were hateful or racist. I don't know what else to say to you since your problems with Obama aren't rational, and thus it is difficult to prove anything to you.

You loved Edwards, but projected all the types of problems Edwards had onto Obama and hate Obama for it. That is all that needs to be said.

Sully
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I have watched most the sermons in question that Wright's "hateful and racist rhetoric", and I don't agree that those sermons were hateful or racist. I don't know what else to say to you since your problems with Obama aren't rational, and thus it is difficult to prove anything to you.

You loved Edwards, but projected all the types of problems Edwards had onto Obama and hate Obama for it. That is all that needs to be said.

They aren't.
In context, they are actually really great sermons, with a few small flaws. In the one, when Wright begins to list all of the lies government has told, I think he goes overboard, listing a few conspiracies as fact (AIDS, Drugs) But others are verified fact. They all simply go to make his point, though. It's a rail against government... not a rail against the country. However, this is a discussion we've been having for the better part of 8 years... just because you criticize your government, does not mean you are criticizing (or don't love) your country.

pikesome
03-23-2008, 11:53 AM
If I had family that had really been lynched I'd be a bit offended that this dude seems to think his experience is similar. More than a bit actually.

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 11:54 AM
USKKK of America and the AIDS rants are two of his finest. I find them personally appalling.

Neither one of those are racist. In Wright's lifetime, we have had racist Presidents, at least one President that was a member of the KKK, and we still have congressman that got their starts in the KKK.

The AIDs rant is pretty stupid, but it comes from a very legitimate distrust of a government that before and during Wright's lifetime systematically oppressed minorities. Additionally, it has not been clarified whether he actually believes the government literally created AIDS and released into the black community, or rather if he believes the government is at fault for ignoring AIDS for years while it ravaged African-American and gay communities.

Again, have grievances against a government that is led by rich, white people is not the same thing as hating all white people. You have railed against Bush's government for the last eight years memi. Why do you hate the white race?

patteeu
03-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Leaving aside the word "racist" for a minute, how would you describe his comments about how the US has used AIDS to commit genocide on people of color?

Edit: I see your answer below. You're a very understanding person. ;)

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
If I had family that had really been lynched I'd be a bit offended that this dude seems to think his experience is similar. More than a bit actually.

If I was a black person that lived with racism every day, I would get sick of white people telling me that racism is over and I should get over it.

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Leaving aside the word "racist" for a minute, how would you describe his comments about how the US has used AIDS to commit genocide on people of color?

Can someone actually dig up this quote and its context?

memyselfI
03-23-2008, 12:02 PM

To my knowledge, Edwards does not attend a Black Liberation theology church, does not have associates who were domestic terrorists, nor has Elizabeth said what Mrs. Messiah has said. MOF, Elizabeth Edwards is an amazing woman who would have been the better candidate than her husband.

And, I have attended churches that worked for justice and were very leftist leaning and they did not use the type of rhetoric Wright used. And, many blacks themselves have spoken out against it so do not try to make this my problem. It is a problem except for those so blinded by Obamania that they can't see past HIM to the bigger picture.

pikesome
03-23-2008, 12:03 PM
If I was a black person that lived with racism every day, I would get sick of white people telling me that racism is over and I should get over it.

Did you reply to the right post? I didn't say anything about there being no racism.

It's like comparing the current FBI to the SS, an egregious use of hyperbole.

Baby Lee
03-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Neither one of those are racist. In Wright's lifetime, we have had racist Presidents, at least one President that was a member of the KKK, and we still have congressman that got their starts in the KKK.
Impeccible logic. Black people have stolen things. Black people have taken drugs. I think you can see what follows.

chiefforlife
03-23-2008, 12:06 PM

This comment is an insult to all Americans. There is no defense for such a statement. Everyone should take offense to this.

pikesome
Impeccible logic. Black people have stolen things. Black people have taken drugs. I think you can see what follows.

Logic! It has no use when people are discussing race.

memyselfI

The AIDs rant is pretty stupid, but it comes from a very legitimate distrust of a government that before and during Wright's lifetime systematically oppressed minorities. Additionally, it has not been clarified whether he actually believes the government literally created AIDS and released into the black community, or rather if he believes the government is at fault for ignoring AIDS for years while it ravaged African-American and gay communities.

Again, have grievances against a government that is led by rich, white people is not the same thing as hating all white people. You have railed against Bush's government for the last eight years memi. Why do you hate the white race?

My father grew up being a first generation Mexican in the same evironment as Pastor Wright. In no way would he say any of the things that this man has said about white people or about the government even though he raised us to be deeply skeptical and very suspicious about the government. He felt he the same resentment and frustration but knew he could not overcome the bias against him by using the same hate directed against him against others.

To blame that hate on racism is absurd.

HonestChieffan
03-23-2008, 12:23 PM
If those were not racist, what would be an example of racist

patteeu
03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Can I point out that memyselfi has become more sexy to me since Obamania began? I now picture her as some kind of unfortunately marxist latin supermodel instead of the green-skinned wicked witch of the west. Maybe Obama really is magic. :)

chiefforlife
03-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Can I point out that memyselfi has become more sexy to me since Obamania began? I now picture her as some kind of unfortunately marxist latin supermodel instead of the green-skinned wicked witch of the west. Maybe Obama really is magic. :)

Whats with the sense of humor Pat? Thats pretty good too.ROFL

stevieray
03-23-2008, 01:00 PM

You need to do your homeworlk..from EP to CR about 5K lynchings took place..over 1200, or almost a third, were whites. In 2005 ALONE, blacks killing blacks almost equaled the total number of lynchings.

The numbers are frightening....that's why no one ever wants to talk about them. till the day I die I will hold the feeling that liberal abortion played a giant part of decimating the black family. Tons of fathers and few daddys...teaching these young men and women personal repsonsibilty..that you can put up your dukes and live to fight another day, instead of shooting each other...and being the kind of father/husband that they want their daughters to marry, instead of continuing the the horrific deadbeat cycle. current unemployment? Black employment before the CRM was 89%...it's a shame that a fraction of blacks today piss on what so many before them have worked so hard to accomplish....and in the meantime...people form Mexico who ARE oppressed are risking jail(sacrifice) to support poor families back home, living ten to a house (sacrifice)..do the manual and construction labor( which I rarely see blacks doing..not saying it doesn't exist..)the point is that in twenty years, the same Mexicans that have been working their ass off will be writing checks to those who continue to use racism as their sacapegoat.

pikesome
03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
You need to do your homeworlk..from EP to CR about 5K lynchings took place..over 1200, or almost a third, were whites. In 2005 ALONE, blacks killing blacks almost equaled the total number of lynchings.

???

I must be in an Easter ham induced stupor because I'm not making sense of all of this.

beer bacon
03-23-2008, 01:10 PM

My point was that during Wright's lifetime, the leaders of our government at times have been racist against African-American people. During his lifetime, the policies of our government have been racist against African-Americans. During much of our nation's history, our government has been overtly racist against many minorities, against anyone that wasn't white, and often against white ethnicities that weren't the ones in control of the government.

HonestChieffan
03-23-2008, 01:29 PM
My point was that during Wright's lifetime, the leaders of our government at times have been racist against African-American people. During his lifetime, the policies of our government have been racist against African-Americans. During much of our nation's history, our government has been overtly racist against many minorities, against anyone that wasn't white, and often against white ethnicities that weren't the ones in control of the government.

What ones during his lifetime?

Help me understand.

HonestChieffan
03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Im beginng to believe these churches really are full of crazies

Rain Man
03-23-2008, 02:07 PM
At our church today we did have a good message about Easter. We had bible references. It was really nice.

That's why your church isn't newsworthy. Your pastor had better step it up a little if he wants to be famous.

patteeu
03-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Whats with the sense of humor Pat? Thats pretty good too.ROFL

It was a moment of weakness. I'm back to "serious as a heart attack" now. ;)

jettio
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM

Did you seek atonement for the hateful judgmental sh*t that you post here?

Logical
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Are you sure he does not have family in even the recent past (40s , 50s or 60s) that were not lynched, if so how do you know.

Logical
03-23-2008, 06:02 PM
To my knowledge, Edwards does not attend a Black Liberation theology church, does not have associates who were domestic terrorists, nor has Elizabeth said what Mrs. Messiah has said. MOF, Elizabeth Edwards is an amazing woman who would have been the better candidate than her husband.

And, I have attended churches that worked for justice and were very leftist leaning and they did not use the type of rhetoric Wright used. And, many blacks themselves have spoken out against it so do not try to make this my problem. It is a problem except for those so blinded by Obamania that they can't see past HIM to the bigger picture.

Better get used to it, I think Obama is going to be your candidate and has a better than 50% chance of being your President. Just think you have a guaranteed 4 more years to bitch and tell us you told us so.;)

pikesome
03-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Are you sure he does not have family in even the recent past (40s , 50s or 60s) that were not lynched, if so how do you know.

It's even worse then. The mass of teeth-gnashing over this crap doesn't really compare to an angry mob ending the life of someone with a tree and a noose over their skin color.

Perspective.

Actually it's all just a rhetorical move;
1. Find something everyone despises
2. Draw a comparison to whatever's going on
3. Profit

I'll bet the Greeks or the Romans had a term for it.

HolmeZz
03-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Meme's got Obama penis envy. She originally said the reason she couldn't back him 100% was because she didn't think he was electable. Now she's going to ridiculous lengths to make him appear not electable, and the only audience she's finding are people who had no plans of voting for Obama to begin with.

Go jump off a cliff, you miserable bitch.

patteeu
03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Meme's got Obama penis envy. She originally said the reason she couldn't back him 100% was because she didn't think he was electable, now she's going to ridiculous lengths to make him appear not electable, and the only audience she's finding are people who had no plans of voting for Obama to begin with.

Go jump off a cliff, you miserable bitch.

I'm guessing you see the green-skinned witch. ;)

HolmeZz
03-23-2008, 06:35 PM
The numbers are frightening....that's why no one ever wants to talk about them. till the day I die I will hold the feeling that liberal abortion played a giant part of decimating the black family. Tons of fathers and few daddys...

Your logic is flawless. Abortions = More Fathers.

BucEyedPea
03-23-2008, 06:39 PM

I'm jealous. You jilt me for her and I'm a conservative (mad at the party right now but still one). Plus I'm a paesano, from the same blood and gene pool. Why I outta.....:eek:

patteeu
03-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm jealous. You jilt me for her and I'm a conservative (mad at the party right now but still one). Plus I'm a paesano, from the same blood and gene pool. Why I outta.....:eek:

I still see you as an unfortunately isolationist italian supermodel with a form of tourettes' syndrome that makes you call people "neocon" involuntarily, don't worry. :)

HolmeZz
03-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm Sicilian.

My grandfather looks like a mob boss. A fake front tooth and everythin'.

stevieray
03-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Your logic is flawless. Abortions = More Fathers.

It's over your head, you punk ass coward.

Logical
03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
:shake:

You sure are not the guy I used to know, you are now bitter and you lack any tact whatsoever. Besides which you cannot seem to explain your thoughts in the coherent fashion you used to on the BB.

HolmeZz
03-23-2008, 08:10 PM

I nailed you pretty good, didn't I?

stevieray
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
:shake:

You sure are not the guy I used to know, you are now bitter and you lack any tact whatsoever. Besides which you cannot seem to explain your thoughts in the coherent fashion you used to on the BB.

spare me jim, you're selective memory is pathetic.

stevieray
03-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I nailed you pretty good, didn't I?

iit's not about me, dumbass, it's about abortion giving men a way out, and subsequently eight out of ten black kids being born out of wedlock...it's about almost twenty million black kids being killed..it's about the pain that follows women after abortion...it's about eight ouf ten fatherless kids ending up in prison.

threaten to **** punch any women latlely?, you punk ass coward.

Logical
03-23-2008, 08:27 PM
spare me jim, you're selective memory is pathetic.Yes, you must be right, you were always an inconsiderate jerk who could not express himself.:rolleyes:

Logical
03-23-2008, 08:29 PM
iit's not about me, dumbass, it's about abortion giving men a way out, and subsequently eight out of ten black kids being born out of wedlock...it's about almost twenty million black kids being killed..it's about the pain that follows women after abortion...it's about eight ouf ten fatherless kids ending up in prison.

threaten to **** punch any women latlely, you punk ass coward.Better, but you could have done just fine by leaving off the last sentence. By the way do you have a link for that allegation?

stevieray
03-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, you must be right, you were always an inconsiderate jerk who could not express himself.:rolleyes:

if you weren't so fast to play jerry springer politics, you woulld've realized that I did explain myself in post 28.

Logical
03-23-2008, 08:47 PM

The numbers are frightening....that's why no one ever wants to talk about them. till the day I die I will hold the feeling that liberal abortion played a giant part of decimating the black family. Tons of fathers and few daddys...teaching these young men and women personal repsonsibilty..that you can put up your dukes and live to fight another day, instead of shooting each other...and being the kind of father/husband that they want their daughters to marry, instead of continuing the the horrific deadbeat cycle. current unemployment? Black employment before the CRM was 89%...it's a shame that a fraction of blacks today piss on what so many before them have worked so hard to accomplish....and in the meantime...people form Mexico who ARE oppressed are risking jail(sacrifice) to support poor families back home, living ten to a house (sacrifice)..do the manual and construction labor( which I rarely see blacks doing..not saying it doesn't exist..)the point is that in twenty years, the same Mexicans that have been working their ass off will be writing checks to those who continue to use racism as their sacapegoat.
Stevie, assuming you meant this post I don't see how you equate abortions and fathers from this post. I think your later post the one I declare as better, but.... is much clearer.

By the way what do EP and CR stand for, sorry for my ignorance.

HolmeZz
03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
iit's not about me, dumbass, it's about abortion giving men a way out, and subsequently eight out of ten black kids being born out of wedlock...

Yes, because if black men are incapable of being responsible fathers for the kids they do have, clearly they should have more.

Get over the 'wedlock' crap too. Being born out of wedlock does not mean the kid was raised without a father or suffered a traumatic childhood.

In fact, given the high divorce rate, making a distinction between being born in or out of wedlock is retarded and not indicative of the kind of family or environment a kid grew up in.

it's about eight ouf ten fatherless kids ending up in prison.

And the way to fix that is to make sure there are more fatherless children.

Random statistics with no real causation rule.

threaten to **** punch any women latlely?

I think I've shown great restraint in not threatening to kick your ass.

stevieray
03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes, because if black men are incapable of being responsible fathers for the kids they do have, clearly they should have more.

Get over the 'wedlock' crap too. Being born out of wedlock does not mean the kid was raised without a father or suffered a traumatic childhood.

In fact, given the high divorce rate, making a distinction between being born in or out of wedlock is retarded and not indicative of the kind of family or environment a kid grew up in.

And the way to fix that is to make sure there are more fatherless children.

Random statistics with no real causation rule.

I think I've shown great restraint in not threatening to kick your ass.

blahblahblah nobody said black men were incapable, except you...dumbass....it's called responsible choices that recent generations have dropped the ball on.

keep thinking that all those kids have active fathers...you're naive. while there are some, still fewer than more...go volunteer at a BB/BS event..

the high divorce rate is very indicitive of issues that kids face today.

the way to fix that is being responsible in your actions and choices.

random stat? more of your naive dumbassery... what part of the prison population is black?

...and now, instead of owning up to your statemant, you think you deserve a pat on the back for not threatening to kick my ass? ROFL a punk ass who has hidden behind a moniker for FIVE years who threatens women?

bring it...

Logical
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Just curious, does DanT or anyone else have the statistics on blacks, whites, latinos and asians born to the same horrible economic condition and god awful schools each end up in prison?

Taco John
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
yawn...

dirk digler
03-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Honestly I don't know how you can even begin to compare lynchings to black on black crime. Maybe you have forgotten that at one time lynchings and slavery were legal in the US.

As far as your analysis on the black family I think you portray that fairly accurately but I definitely disagree with you about Mexicans. Mexicans aren't oppressed they live in a free country with a shitty economy. They come here illegally to work and they have no allegiance what so ever to the US. They work, don't pay taxes, use our health care system for free and then send money back to their families in Mexico instead of spending it here. They are ruining this country and this economy and the illegal immigration problem needs to be fixed before it brings this country down.

One last note stevie, the other day you called me out for calling Denise a name but it seems you don't follow your own advice and even threaten somebody. It seems from your posts you are getting angrier and angrier all the time so what gives? You used to not be like this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm Sicilian.

You...you're part....eggplant.

ClevelandBronco
03-23-2008, 10:56 PM
By the way what do EP and CR stand for, sorry for my ignorance.

It took me a while to figure it out.

EP Emancipation Proclamation
CR (or CRM, in another instance) Civil Rights (Movement)

He was posting about the total number of lynchings in the century between the 1860s and the 1960s, and comparing that number with more recent black-on-black murder figures.

Logical
03-23-2008, 11:34 PM
It took me a while to figure it out.

EP Emancipation Proclamation
CR (or CRM, in another instance) Civil Rights (Movement)

He was posting about the total number of lynchings in the century between the 1860s and the 1960s, and comparing that number with more recent black-on-black murder figures.
Thanks

patteeu
03-24-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm Sicilian.

My ancestors came from northern Italy near Bologna. We're more about love than criminal enterprise. :)

SNR
03-24-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm 100% German. I even have the blonde hair and blue eyes. Can I pleeeeease be the token Nazi on this thread?

Adept Havelock
03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm 100% German. I even have the blonde hair and blue eyes. Can I pleeeeease be the token Nazi on this thread?

Only if I can be the Simon Wiesenthal of this thread. :p

BucEyedPea
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm the Mafia's daughter.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
My ancestors came from northern Italy near Bologna. We're more about love than criminal enterprise. :)

Ya' know for someone who feels we can start a war for any reason you can't be or you must be a half'sy. Because the Italians are all about love and la dolce vita more than anything. Remember the Italians on the beach partying in Captain Corelli's Mandolin? They were more interested in a good time than rounding up Greeks.

Any German in there, pat?

patteeu
03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Ya' know for someone who feels we can start a war for any reason you can't be or you must be a half'sy. Because the Italians are all about love and la dolce vita more than anything. Remember the Italians on the beach partying in Captain Corelli's Mandolin? They were more interested in a good time than rounding up Greeks.

Any German in there, pat?

I am only half Italian. I don't know about my other half really. That side has been in the US for a really long time. Maybe German. Maybe British. Probably European of some sort. Maybe American Indian. Who knows, maybe Mongolian!

StcChief
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
how appropriate for a EASTER SUNRISE SERVICE. :rolleyes:

chiefforlife
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM

So you are full of Bologna! I knew it.:D

patteeu
03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
So you are full of Bologna! I knew it.:D

:LOL: I should have seen that one coming, but I didn't. :)

stevieray
03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Honestly I don't know how you can even begin to compare lynchings to black on black crime. Maybe you have forgotten that at one time lynchings and slavery were legal in the US.

As far as your analysis on the black family I think you portray that fairly accurately but I definitely disagree with you about Mexicans. Mexicans aren't oppressed they live in a free country with a shitty economy. They come here illegally to work and they have no allegiance what so ever to the US. They work, don't pay taxes, use our health care system for free and then send money back to their families in Mexico instead of spending it here. They are ruining this country and this economy and the illegal immigration problem needs to be fixed before it brings this country down.

One last note stevie, the other day you called me out for calling Denise a name but it seems you don't follow your own advice and even threaten somebody. It seems from your posts you are getting angrier and angrier all the time so what gives? You used to not be like this.

thanks for responding..you do know that lynching wasn't legal...the whole point behind a lynch mob is people taking the law into their own hands..slavery was legal but morally wrong...I find abortion legal, but morally wrong..both control the destinies of others, while dehumanizing their value as people...and I will compare them becuae they both end up the same..young black men dying...it has to stop.

mexicans in a shitty economy? isn't that an oxymoron? the only reason they are here is because the jobs are here..and I meant to imply they are oppressed in Mexico, and are trying to do something about it..albeit illegally..

I appreciate that you admitted you were wrong the other day...as far as saying he's a coward. I'm wrong...so I need to STFD and STFU about it...I can't honestly claim he's a coward, but I will claim that the act was cowardly.. what if it was your wife? isn't anything sacred anymore? why do so many sit idly by and not care about it? I would stick up for any woman on this board that recieved a comment like that. I'll admit i'm sensitive about it..he's only six years older than my oldest daughter...plus I know the parent that is friends with Bob Dole...the one whose daughter was choked out and raped..so I overreacted...and I was wrong...You mistook my reply..I wasn't threatening...I was telling him to lay down his threat, in an attempt to expose him for continuing the threat of violence....again, that is wrong also...it was counterproductive..

live and learn...

dirk digler
03-25-2008, 04:21 PM
thanks for responding..you do know that lynching wasn't legal...the whole point behind a lynch mob was people taking the law into their own hands..slavery was legal but morally wrong...I find abortion legal, but morally wrong..both control the destinies of others, while dehumanizing their value as people...and I will compare them becuae they both end up the same..young black men dying...it has to stop.

mexicans in ashitty economy? isn't that an oxymoron? the only reason they are here is because the jobs are here..and I ment to imply they are oppressed in Mexico, and are trying to do something about it..albeit illegally..

I appreciate that you admitted you were wrong the other day...as far as saying he's a coward. I'm wrong...so i need to STFD and STFU about it...I can't honestly claim he's a coward, but I will claim that the act was cowardly.. what if it was your wife? isn't anthing sacred anynore? why do so many sit idly by and not care about it? I would stick up for any woman on this board that recieved a comment like that. I'll admit i'm sensitive about it..he's only six years older than my oldest daughter...plus I know the parent that is friends with Bob Dole...the one whose daughter was choked out and raped..so I overreacted...and I was wrong...You mistook my reply..I wasn't threatening...I was telling him to lay down his threat, in an attmept to expose him for continuing the threat of violence....again, that is wrong also...it was counterproductive..

live and learn...

Thanks for taking the time. Actually I wasn't aware that lynching were illegal it was my understanding that prior to the Civil war and early America people were lynched lawfully or where no laws were formed. As far as racially motivated lynchings in the South you are correct they were deemed illegal but the state or local governments never enforced the law to stop it.

Lynching was common among North American pioneers on the frontier, where legal institutions were not yet established. Lesser crimes might be punished by exile, while crimes that seemed to them capital, such as rape, horse stealing, and cattle rustling, were punished by lynching.

As far as Mexicans being oppressed what I meant was there are not held down by a dictator like Saddam or some of the 3rd world countries. I don't consider living in a free country with a bad economy or bad living conditions oppressed.

As far as the rest goes I always have respected you and I didn't quite get where the anger was coming from. I had no idea what Holmezz had did or said and honestly wasn't following it closely. I don't condone or wouldn't condone saying someone needs to be donkey punched I think that is unacceptable and crossing the line. I was just surprised at the tone.

We all get angry I know I have of late because certain people on here just get on my last nerves and if I could reach through the screen and choke them I would. I am sure they feel the same way though. Honestly this is why I don't talk religion or politics with friends because it causes to much strife.

Logical
03-26-2008, 01:06 AM
The only way to fight ignorance is with truth, Rev Wright in context, thanks TJ

Thought this was interesting...

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOdlnzkeoyQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

It's a different picture when you get a chance to see the sound bite in some actual context.

patteeu
03-26-2008, 06:36 AM
The only way to fight ignorance is with truth, Rev Wright in context, thanks TJ

Does that context explain why Wright's church was publishing statements from a Hamas official making excuses for his organization's charter which calls for the killing of Jews by suggesting that it's no more objectionable than our own Declaration of Independence?

Logical
03-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Does that context explain why Wright's church was publishing statements from a Hamas official making excuses for his organization's charter which calls for the killing of Jews by suggesting that it's no more objectionable than our own Declaration of Independence?
Actually that is an interesting analogy, you have that whole sermon so we can hear it in context. It might be quite valid. I see no reason that Israel should not be looked at as the British oppreesing us to the point we want to rebel to gain our/their freedom.

patteeu
03-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Actually that is an interesting analogy, you have that whole sermon so we can hear it in context. It might be quite valid. I see no reason that Israel should not be looked at as the British oppreesing us to the point we want to rebel to gain our/their freedom.

It was a printed bulletin. It was posted in another thread here. It was in the context of the Hamas guy refusing to renounce his group's charter. He complained that revolutionaries shouldn't be judged on the basis of their charter alone. He used the US Declaration of Independence and Constitution as examples by pointing out that they both contemplated the continuing enslavement of hundreds of thousands of black people. What he leaves out is that those wrongs weren't explicitly stated in the DOI (as they are in the Hamas charter) and even to the extent that they were in the Constitution (black men count as 3/5ths of a man), they were explicitly repudiated later.

Here's the link (http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/TUCChamasColumn072207.jpg).

Logical
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
It was a printed bulletin. It was posted in another thread here. It was in the context of the Hamas guy refusing to renounce his group's charter. He complained that revolutionaries shouldn't be judged on the basis of their charter alone. He used the US Declaration of Independence and Constitution as examples by pointing out that they both contemplated the continuing enslavement of hundreds of thousands of black people. What he leaves out is that those wrongs weren't explicitly stated in the DOI (as they are in the Hamas charter) and even to the extent that they were in the Constitution (black men count as 3/5ths of a man), they were explicitly repudiated later.

Here's the link (http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/TUCChamasColumn072207.jpg).Not sure what that article has to do with Dr Wright. It was not published by him nor do I find him referenced in the text. Admittedly I did a search and came up with nothing. Can you provide the quote?

patteeu
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Not sure what that article has to do with Dr Wright. It was not published by him nor do I find him referenced in the text. Admittedly I did a search and came up with nothing. Can you provide the quote?

It *was* published by him (or at least by the Church he was in charge of running). This is his "Pastor's Page" section of the bulletin. I'm not going to type the quote for you when you can quit being lazy and read the article. It's in the 3rd column, somewhere near the middle of the page in the paragraph that begins "As for the 1988 charter...". But of course, being obsessed with "context" this morning, I assume you will want to read the entire article.