PDA

View Full Version : Path to the Draft to preview OT's tonight...

Coogs
03-25-2008, 08:12 AM
on NFLNetwork.

Times are all Central...

5:30 PM
9:00 PM
12:30 AM

They usually go through 5 or 6 at each position, and feature 1 or 2 in an interview type setting. Long is going to be the one interviewed.

Yesterday they did the WR's. Thomas from Michigan State is now the #1 guy, and maybe the only first rounder. Depends on what Doucett does at LSU at his pro day. The WR from OU (Kelley ?) is being taken off of several teams boards because of concerns with his knees.

Coogs
03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Just bumping to the front page in case anyone besides me is interested in watching the show.

acesn8s
03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
It would be nice to watch if I could get the NFL Network.

OnTheWarpath58
03-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Yesterday they did the WR's. Thomas from Michigan State is now the #1 guy, and maybe the only first rounder. Depends on what Doucett does at LSU at his pro day. The WR from OU (Kelley ?) is being taken off of several teams boards because of concerns with his knees.

Hmmm.

I remember saying the same thing a while back.....

I dont see the Steelers passing on Malcom Kelly after Big Bens statements earlier. If he is available he is their pick. No questions asked.

The draft is SEVEN weeks away.

There's not a team in the league locked on to ANYONE at this point.

True, but I dont really think Kelly will be falling that far. There will be a team selecting him as BPA earlier. But I really cant see him falling past Steelers cause he is the BPA by far at that point and a perfect fit.

If his knee doesn't check out, he'll fall out of the 1st, IMO.

milkman
03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Coogs, did you watch it?

can give us a little summary?

keg in kc
03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Coogs, did you watch it?

can give us a little summary?I thought the writing was adequate, as was the camera work, but the energy left something to be desired. The anchor had nice eyes, though.

Coogs
03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Coogs, did you watch it?

can give us a little summary?

I watched it. It was the poorest segment they have done so far IMO. They talked to Jake Long for 3 or 4 minutes, and that was it. Didn't have anything on anyone else.

They did break down a little tape on Long. They showed footage to show why they thought he could be a great runn blocking tackle, and they showed some footage to show why they thought speed rushers could give him some problems.

From my prospective, the problems didn't stand out a glaring weekness. It definately wasn't the matador type of OT play that we have seen the last year or two out of our tackles.