PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks came to a sad ending...

Direckshun
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
If they had filmed Hard Knocks last offseason but withheld the release of it to this year so they could do that freeze-screen thing at the end of the series to explain what happened to each player that they really emphasized, it would read something like this...

The Chiefs started off with a surprise 4-3 record before the bye, before losing their last nine and finishing 4-12.

After winning the starting job, Damon Huard got sacked 40 times in his games as starter, he was eventually injured.

Brodie Croyle stepped in his place for six games, failing to win one and injuring himself twice, once on a phantom tackle after an interception.

Tony Gonzelez had a career year and broke several all-time tight end records, but his friend Jason Dunn struggled and was released by the Chiefs.

Jared Allen also had a career year, keeping his nose clean and leading the NFL in sacks. The season ended on a sour note as he is marred in a staring contest with Carl Peterson, and is threatening to hold out in 2008.

Dwayne Bowe made a splash in his first year, basically notching a 1,000-yard year and earning the #1 WR spot in 2008.

His mentor, Eddie Kennison, injured himself on the first play of the year and was let go by the Chiefs this offseason.

Boomer Grigsby never flourished as a fullback. The Chiefs let him go. He is currently fighting for a job on the worst team in the league.

Larry Johnson struggled most of the year as defenses did everything they could to swamp him. He was injured shortly after the bye and finished the season on IR.

Shortly after, Priest Holmes assumed the starter role but struggled, breaking no big runs nor scoring any touchdowns. He was injured two games later and subsequently retired.

Kyle Turley struggled with injuries the entire year, and struggled with defensive ends even more, surrendering sack after sack. He retired shortly after the season.

Bobby Sippio didn't make one reception.

Currently, Herm Edwards makes the rounds as he scouts for potential draftees for any one of the Chiefs' 10 picks. "We have a lot of holes to fill," he says.

:shake:

Anybody ever watch it anymore? Most depressing thing to watch after the season we endured.

Dicky McElephant
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I still have it on my TIVO. I think this weekend I'll record it to DVD.

siberian khatru
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Carl Peterson continues to talk like a bigshot into phones that have nothing but a dialtone on the other end.

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
You forgot one: Carl and Herm retained their jobs and will return for the 2009 season.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Has Dunn officially been released?

InChiefsHell
03-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Has Dunn officially been released?

Yep.

Ari Chi3fs
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Dunn is done.

siberian khatru
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Dunn is done.

Simon: Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Gentlemen, welcome aboard.
Simon: Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Unger.
Unger: Oveur.
Dunn: Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.
Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?
Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur and I was under Dunn.
Dunn: Yep.
Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur and over Unger.
Unger: Yep.
Clarence Oveur: That's right. Dunn was over Unger and I was over Dunn.
Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Yep.

Glad i didnt approach him at houlihans a few weeks ago, big mofro, and the lady he was with looked like she was 4ft 100lbs

AZORChiefFan
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
and I thought 'La Vie En Rose' was a downer.

Simply Red
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
If I may comment; this just isn't interesting. BTW, cancelled my NFL Ticket today and am switching to Comcast.

ChiefaRoo
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Don't forget Paul Rudd's new voice over. "This is what a homefield advantage used to look like"

blueballs
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Casey Printers is in a Canadian barnyard
with a pair of lettuce tonges

MVChiefFan
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Boomer Grigsby never flourished as a fullback. The Chiefs let him go. He is currently fighting for a job on the worst team in the league.

I didn't realize we re-signed Boomer. Great news!!!

sd4chiefs
03-25-2008, 02:37 PM
If I may comment; this just isn't interesting. BTW, cancelled my NFL Ticket today and am switching to Comcast.

I should do the same but I am an idiot and will keep it so that I can watch the Chiefs suck this fall. The only good thing with TIVO is that I can watch them suck in FF so that the whole day is not waisted.

Simply Red
03-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I should do the same but I am an idiot and will keep it so that I can watch the Chiefs suck this fall. The only good thing with TIVO is that I can watch them suck in FF so that the whole day is not waisted.

YEAH. LOL

thurman merman
03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Don't forget Paul Rudd's new voice over. "This is what a homefield advantage used to look like"

:(

greg63
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Carl Peterson continues to talk like a bigshot into phones that have nothing but a dialtone on the other end.

He represents all that is wrong in football.

TEX
03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
The Chiefs started off with a surprise 4-3 record before the bye, before losing their last nine and finishing 4-12.

:doh!: It's okaaaaay - it's okaaaaay - Right Herm?

TEX
03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Tony Gonzelez had a career year and broke several all-time tight end records

And nobody even knew it because the Chiefs were/are sooooo bad. :shake:

ClevelandBronco
03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Bluto was elected Senator, and all is well.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey! Thanks for posting that Direckshun. That really put a good perspective on the season. Take it easy all, I'm gonna go slit my wrists now.