PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton: "I'm human."

wazu
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Very understandable. We've all blatantly and publicly lied to our supporters before. It's part of what makes us human.

==============================================

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_el_pr/clinton

Clinton says she erred on Bosnia story

GREENSBURG, Pa. - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton says she made a mistake in claiming that she came under hostile fire when landing in Bosnia as first lady 12 years ago.

In several recent interviews, the New York senator had described a harrowing scene in Bosnia in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. But video footage of the day showed a peaceful reception in which Clinton greeted a young child on the tarmac.

Clinton told reporters in Pennsylvania on Tuesday: "So I made a mistake. That happens. It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."

pikesome
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Considering her past problems with the truth we need DNA before I'll believe she's, in fact, human.

CHIEF4EVER
03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Very understandable. We've all blatantly and publicly lied to our supporters before. It's part of what makes us human.

GREENSBURG, Pa. - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton says she made a mistake in claiming that she came under hostile fire when landing in Bosnia as first lady 12 years ago.

In several recent interviews, the New York senator had described a harrowing scene in Bosnia in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. But video footage of the day showed a peaceful reception in which Clinton greeted a young child on the tarmac.

Clinton told reporters in Pennsylvania on Tuesday: "So I made a mistake. That happens. It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."

I'll translate.

Clinton: "I am a hideous lying Medusa who will say anything to get elected".

BucEyedPea
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Rep to C4ever

BucEyedPea
03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Considering her past problems with the truth we need DNA before I'll believe she's, in fact, human.

She's a bionic woman. She has no dna.:D:eek:

Brock
03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
But but Obama hates whitey

BucEyedPea
03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I wonder how this looks to her daugther?
I think it's a bad example. I can see forgetting a detail or a date or some such but not an entire story. Geesh!

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Great, more lies.

bango
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I have to doubt that she is human.

Taco John
03-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Great, more lies.

ROFL

a1na2
03-25-2008, 05:12 PM

How long has everyone known that she is a lying biatch? I"m sure that intelligence had to play a part in here story, she had none as someone in the pubic eye would surely be videoed on that day!

Dishonesty is her strong suit.

HolmeZz
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Compounding one lie with a bunch of other lies isn't the best way to put this story to bed.

dirk digler
03-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Colonel David Hunt who was in charge of the Balkans security when Hillary Clinton came said she is an outright liar. He said that there was thousands of troops, alot of tanks and Navy Seals all around and she was in no danger at all. There were 4000 troops on the ground around her.

LMAO

She has said this same account about 4-5 times and she is now exposed as the liar that she is

Spicy McHaggis
03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Well there goes my vote. I only vote for affirmed deities, demigods at the least.

wazu
03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
What's mind-blowing is how flagrant, and easily disprovable the lie was. The original news story is absolutely devastating. I was assuming she was going to claim that she was talking about a different trip altogether. This is just bizarre.

I think she may have just nudged her way back to the front of the race for "who is the least electable Democrat".

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I went to the Arby's drive-through, and this gang came by and shot up my car in a drive by?

No, wait. My bad. I didn't remember correctly. Actually, I ordered a ham and cheese and then drove home. Sometimes I get mixed up on the details.

Taco John
03-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time that I went to the Arby's drive-through, and this gang came by and shot up my car in a drive by?

No, wait. My bad. I didn't remember correctly. Actually, I ordered a ham and cheese and then drove home. Sometimes I get mixed up on the details.

Hey... You're human...

a1na2
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey... You're human...

Rain Man is Human, Hillary is not.

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Rain Man is Human, Hillary is not.

Technically, I'm only part human. But there's a long story behind that, and Uncle Rover doesn't like to talk about it.

patteeu
03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Now we've got two confirmed liars contending for the democratic nomination.

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Hey, it was just a joke. And I would run as an Independent, anyway.

dirk digler
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM

When did McCain switch parties? :D

a1na2
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Technically, I'm only part human. But there's a long story behind that, and Uncle Rover doesn't like to talk about it.

I don't think we should go there. rover ... clover .... momma ... not a good way to have an evening!

Can you smell like a dog or do you smell like a dog?

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't think we should go there. rover ... clover .... momma ... not a good way to have an evening!

Can you smell like a dog or do you smell like a dog?

I wish. All I got from that side of the family is a compulsion to chase thrown sticks.

a1na2
03-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I wish. All I got from that side of the family is a compulsion to chase thrown sticks.

Can ya catch a frisbee too?

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Can ya catch a frisbee too?

Yagotafrisbee?Huh?Huh?Yagotafrisbee?Throwitthrowitthrowitthrowitthrowit!!!!

a1na2
03-25-2008, 07:32 PM

Does valium work for you?

Adept Havelock
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM

Do your employees have to do "greyscale" graphs and charts for you?

I suppose it'd save money on color ink cartridges. :shrug:

keg in kc
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
It would be a revelation if it wasn't just another in a string of lies. Lies!!!!

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Stillwaitingonthatfrisbee!Stillwaiting!Stillwaiting!ThrowitThrowitThrowitThrowitThrowitThrowitThrowi t!!

Wait. Hang on a minute. My wife just jingled her car keys. Gotta run.

ClevelandBronco
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
A democrat liar? Isn't that contrary to the script?

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2008, 09:25 PM

No, wait. My bad. I didn't remember correctly. Actually, I ordered a ham and cheese and then drove home. Sometimes I get mixed up on the details. No biggie. We all misspeak sometimes.

chagrin
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
seriously, who can spin this any other way? No way this should have 4 pages of arguing

petegz28
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I think it's a bad example. I can see forgetting a detail or a date or some such but not an entire story. Geesh!

How does tolerating your husband humping fat interns all over the place look to her daughter?

go bowe
03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Now we've got two confirmed liars contending for the democratic nomination.name a politician who is not a liar (except, of course, his highness, lord dick)...

everyone lies at times, depending on the circumstances, especially politicians...

i'd really be worried about obama if he wasn't capable of lying effectively when necessary...

so far the guy looks like someone with superb political skills...

a new teflon kid in the making?

hey it worked for bill clinton in the primaries, didn't it?

alanm
03-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Not only does Hillary lie. Bill lies. Obama and McCain lies. Their politicians. They all lie. :spock:

Joe Seahawk
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Just imagine if she reminisced about that trip and instead of trying to suggest how brave and "experienced" she was, she took the opportunity to mention how safe she felt surrounded by our outstanding military..

Adept Havelock
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Just imagine if she reminisced about that trip and instead of trying to suggest how brave and "experienced" she was, she took the opportunity to mention how safe she felt surrounded by our outstanding military..

I doubt she even thought of the idea. She doesn't see the military that way, IMO. :shake:

HolmeZz
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Hillary only told the story for self-glory. The troops really wouldn't fit into that.

SBK
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM

Bah, why prop up the military and look good to all when you can prop up yourself and look good to none?

|Zach|
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
seriously, who can spin this any other way? No way this should have 4 pages of arguing

So you are saying you haven't read the thread.

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 11:19 PM
So you are saying you haven't read the thread.

I think my arguments stand on their own merit.

pikesome
03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
When did McCain switch parties? :D

Hasn't he always been working both sides?

a1na2
03-26-2008, 05:19 AM
name a politician who is not a liar (except, of course, his highness, lord dick)...

everyone lies at times, depending on the circumstances, especially politicians...

i'd really be worried about obama if he wasn't capable of lying effectively when necessary...

Political expediency creates fabrications. A total made up story based on absolutely no facts and too many chances to be found out by video or pictures or even historical accounts is pure stupidity.

bkkcoh
03-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Hasn't he always been working both sides?

Most of them do to a degree, some just do it more out in the open.

BTW, She told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke." I want her to answer that ringing phone at 3:00 am. Don't you?

patteeu
03-26-2008, 06:56 AM
name a politician who is not a liar (except, of course, his highness, lord dick)...

In a way, I was making the same point. Hillary was caught in a lie, but it's no more egregious than the lies Obama has been telling (e.g. about NAFTA, about what his position has been and about what he'd do in Iraq, about his knowledge of Rev. Wright's controversial sermons, etc.). Hers turns out to be more clearly and easily disproved, but hers was also, arguably, more trivial in terms of what she was actually lying about. She definitely doesn't have teflon. Obama has had it so far, but there may be some cracks appearing. Someone hasn't been using teflon-safe utensils. But I agree that he has superb political skills and he may yet prove he's got multiple layers of teflon.

BTW, Dick Cheney admits he lied one time. He tells a story about a time when he was campaigning for his House of Representatives seat and he was scheduled for an interview at a radio station in a small Wyoming town. He'd been to this radio station before on previous campaigns and knew it was located in a house at the edge of town. On this particular morning, he was running late so when he got to the house, he hurried through the door and up the stairs. When he got inside he realized that something was wrong. He saw a baby in diapers and a woman in her nightgown vacuuming the floor. The woman asked him if he was looking for the radio station and when he confirmed that he was, she told him that the station had just moved into a new building downtown and that the house was now her home. Embarrassed, Cheney apologized to the woman and as he was turning to leave he smiled at the woman and introduced himself as her US Senator, Alan Simpson. (I just realized I may have told this story before, but it's good enough to be retold. :p )

bkkcoh
03-26-2008, 07:42 AM

And staying with a lying, cheating husband is a great example for her daughter?

Chief Faithful
03-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Well there goes my vote. I only vote for affirmed deities, demigods at the least.

Does that mean you are voting for Obama? I think Messiah fits the definition of deity. :evil:

BigOlChiefsfan
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Why does she insist on being called a 'human' now - when she was battling Ellen Ripley in ALIEN she wasn't so demanding of titles. But seriously I suppose she deserves a second chance to lie to someone. She should have a heart to heart with zombie-Vince Foster. He'll lend her an ear. Maybe 2, if she really needs 'em.

BucEyedPea
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
And staying with a lying, cheating husband is a great example for her daughter?

Of course not. Who said that?

StcChief
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
It's not if she's human. It's what gender is she?

go bowe
03-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Political expediency creates fabrications. A total made up story based on absolutely no facts and too many chances to be found out by video or pictures or even historical accounts is pure stupidity.well, knock me over with a feather...

i actually agree with you on something...

go bowe
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
In a way, I was making the same point. Hillary was caught in a lie, but it's no more egregious than the lies Obama has been telling (e.g. about NAFTA, about what his position has been and about what he'd do in Iraq, about his knowledge of Rev. Wright's controversial sermons, etc.). Hers turns out to be more clearly and easily disproved, but hers was also, arguably, more trivial in terms of what she was actually lying about. She definitely doesn't have teflon. Obama has had it so far, but there may be some cracks appearing. Someone hasn't been using teflon-safe utensils. But I agree that he has superb political skills and he may yet prove he's got multiple layers of teflon.

BTW, Dick Cheney admits he lied one time. He tells a story about a time when he was campaigning for his House of Representatives seat and he was scheduled for an interview at a radio station in a small Wyoming town. He'd been to this radio station before on previous campaigns and knew it was located in a house at the edge of town. On this particular morning, he was running late so when he got to the house, he hurried through the door and up the stairs. When he got inside he realized that something was wrong. He saw a baby in diapers and a woman in her nightgown vacuuming the floor. The woman asked him if he was looking for the radio station and when he confirmed that he was, she told him that the station had just moved into a new building downtown and that the house was now her home. Embarrassed, Cheney apologized to the woman and as he was turning to leave he smiled at the woman and introduced himself as her US Senator, Alan Simpson. (I just realized I may have told this story before, but it's good enough to be retold. :p )Dick Cheney admits he lied one time?

oh, please say it ain't so...

the man is an institution, i tells ya, an institution...

actually, he should consider running for co-president again...

i don't think the constitution places any term limits on being co-president, does it?

patteeu
03-26-2008, 03:05 PM
actually, he should consider running for co-president again...

It's brilliant ideas like this that set those with Ivy League educations apart from the rest of us. :thumb:

go bowe
03-26-2008, 03:18 PM
* * *the more expensive teflon pans can tolerate the use of metal utensils quite well nowadays...

while obama is not perfect, i'd take him or mccain over hillary without hesitation...

i'm waiting to see who the pubs nominate for vice-president because that guy is quite likely to become president when mccain dies...

mccain is really old...

really, really old...

BucEyedPea
03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey! Looks like Hillary didn't really lie afterall:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHVEDq6RVXc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHVEDq6RVXc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

a1na2
03-26-2008, 04:19 PM
well, knock me over with a feather...

i actually agree with you on something...

Shit happens!

go bowe
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
It's brilliant ideas like this that set those with Ivy League educations apart from the rest of us. :thumb:i'm not sure i want to be apart from the rest of us...

but dick running for co-president really does sound like an intriguing idea...

maby the rnc should look into this...

Otter
03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Hillary only told the story for self-glory. The troops really wouldn't fit into that.

Go kick her ass HOLMEZZZZZSZzzzzzzz

jAZ
03-27-2008, 12:31 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHVEDq6RVXc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHVEDq6RVXc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Logical
03-27-2008, 12:40 AM
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHVEDq6RVXc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>Wow that was a classic. Excellent

patteeu
03-27-2008, 01:26 AM
BEP posted that in another thread. It's great.

CHIEF4EVER
03-27-2008, 10:22 AM
...."the heaviest fighting in the history of mankind".... LMAO

That has to be one of the funniest you tube videos EVAH.

BucEyedPea
03-27-2008, 11:40 AM
BEP posted that in another thread. It's great.

'Er this thread. Just several posts ahead of jaz. I understand though, I get disorientated on this board at times myself too.