PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Party Official: Clinton Pursuing 'The Tonya Harding Option'

jAZ
03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/03/dnc-official-cl.html

Democratic Party Official: Clinton Pursuing 'The Tonya Harding Option'
March 25, 2008 3:44 PM

l just spoke with a Democratic Party official, who asked for anonymity so as to speak candidly, who said we in the media are all missing the point of this Democratic fight.

The delegate math is difficult for Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, the official said. But it's not a question of CAN she achieve it. Of course she can, the official said.

The question is -- what will Clinton have to do in order to achieve it?

What will she have to do to Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, in order to eke out her improbable victory?

She will have to "break his back," the official said. She will have to destroy Obama, make Obama completely unacceptable.

"Her securing the nomination is certainly possible - but it will require exercising the 'Tonya Harding option.'" the official said. "Is that really what we Democrats want?"

The Tonya Harding Option -- the first time I've heard it put that way.

It implies that Clinton is so set on ensuring that Obama doesn't get the nomination, not only is she willing to take extra-ruthless steps, but in the end neither she nor Obama win the gold.

(In this metaphor, presumably, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., would be Oksana Baiul. Does that make former President Bill Clinton Jeff Gillooly?)

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
She's already undertaken that option by crying to the judges (DNC) that her skate is broken the rules just aren't faaaaaaaaaaair. :deevee:

SBK
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
This is what the whole Jeremiah Wright thing is about, making Obama unelectable. Hillary is going to destroy him before McCain even gets in the ring with him.

Joe Seahawk
03-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Is the Tanya Harding option putting on 60 pounds and taking up boxing?

HonestChieffan
03-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Those unnamed sources are good.

bkkcoh
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Anything the HRC would do wouldn't surprise me. it is interesting to think that she would be willing to do something like that though, imagine the allienation the blacks would feel if she ended up doing that. HRC would need the black's vote in order to win the GE, without it, she wont win.

HonestChieffan
03-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Anything the HRC would do wouldn't surprise me. it is interesting to think that she would be willing to do something like that though, imagine the allienation the blacks would feel if she ended up doing that. HRC would need the black's vote in order to win the GE, without it, she wont win.

Imagine the alienation of white people who have left Obama in the aftermath of his faith being exposed.

chiefforlife
03-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Imagine the alienation of white people who have left Obama in the aftermath of his faith being exposed.

I can think of 3, you wont be missed.

bkkcoh
03-26-2008, 07:40 AM

I guess he had better watch out or he will alienate almost everyone and then he will become a no-name in the democrat party.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I can think of 3, you wont be missed.

no .... he won't ROFL

StcChief
03-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Vince Foster knows this all too well.