PDA

View Full Version : When did you first realize you were old/older?

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not saying that I'm old by any means. I'm only 27 and I know some of you around here are pushing 100.

I was at Target the other day searching for my "damn rock music" as the old people would put it, and I overheard two "younger" girls talking about CDs they were looking at. When I say younger I mean along the lines of 14-16...although who can really tell anymore. Anyways I overheard them talking about the Poison's Greatest Hits CD and one girl turned to the other one and said "Who's Poison?". The other girl had no clue as well.

At that point in time....I've determined that I'm getting older and it's all downhill from here.

So when did you first notice that you were old?

I'll be waiting for the Skip joke as well....

Sorry if r.epost.

ChiefsFire
03-26-2008, 09:01 AM
When my first grey hair appeared down there.

Mr. Plow
03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
When I made the "Old man getting off the couch" noise. You know what I'm talking about. That "I'm struggling to stand up" noise.

That accompanied with many gray hairs in my beard. Oy vey. Only 30, but kids make me feel like I'm 50.

Bugeater
I realized it back when we got a car with moonroof, I was cruising down the highway on a nice spring day with the roof open and the sun shining down on me. I was feeling good until I glanced up in the rearview mirror and noticed the sun reflecting off my scalp through all my thinning hair...

Sorry, I thought I could talk about it.

MIAdragon
Sorry if r.epost. - dick

Music usually does it, when you hear a song on the radio and its referred to as ďOld SchoolĒ or ďback in the dayĒ and its something you listened to in HS or collage.

Nzoner
I asked a younger woman to dance at a club one night and she said,"You're old enough to be my dad."

I looked at her and replied,"You should've just kicked me in the nuts,it would've felt better."

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
the wierd thing about poisen and bon jovi is of course the younger people sing it as a novelty but i remember that being serious shit back then.

wilas101
03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
When I was getting a haircut and the barber ran the clippers around the inside of my ear. :(

gblowfish
03-26-2008, 09:08 AM
When all of the hair on my chest turned gray.

I was listening to the radio back a few months ago. The Ramones came on. The jock said "There's an oldie but a goodie..."

Delivered a job to a warehouse a couple weeks ago. The kid in the warehouse was a 20 something pierced I-Pod wearing skate punk type. He looked at my shoes and said "Where'd you get those Reebok high tops. Those are OLD SCHOOL!" I bought them a month ago. I wanted to KILL him.

Damn kids....stay off my lawn!

Monty
03-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I was Christmas shopping a couple of years ago and purchased some items at Bed Bath & Beyond. The clerk(she was in her late teens/early twenties) asked me a question....don't remember what it was, but I replied back with something that I thought was quite clever and was waiting for her to laugh and/or relate. Instead, she says "Yeah, that's what my Dad always says too".....that's when I knew I was "old"

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
I officially knew I was getting older when I get really bad hangovers .

tyton75
03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
I think for me... it was the "EMO" movement... I didn't understand wtf it was... I mean, I knew people like that in HS.. but we just called them freaks!

The fact that they now have a "name"... I dont' know what the hell i'm trying to say.. I'm an old fuk at 32!

Now get off my lawn!!!

milkman
03-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Music doesn't do it for me.

I never liked the music of my generation, and have always preferred the music from the 50's and earlier.

I realized I was older when I began participating on these Chiefs forums, and seemingly 90% if you poor bastards are to young to have seen the SB Chiefs.

Radar Chief
03-26-2008, 09:14 AM
So, who is Poison anyway? ;)

Bugeater
03-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Music doesn't do it for me.

I never liked the music of my generation, and have always preferred the music from the 50's and earlier.
:spock: Earlier than the 50s? You mean like polka and shit like that?

Frazod
03-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I assume it's a bad sign if I can't remember. :(

Radar Chief
03-26-2008, 09:17 AM
My Ju Jistu instructor friend and his, at the time, collage age girlfriend invited me out clubbing with them in Pittsburg. The few girls I asked to dance looked at me like Iíd just asked them to a date rape then gasped, spun around and ran off. Thatís when I realized Iíd become, ďthat guyĒ.

Mr. Plow
03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I realized it back when we got a car with moonroof, I was cruising down the highway on a nice spring day with the roof open and the sun shining down on me. I was feeling good until I glanced up in the rearview mirror and noticed the sun reflecting off my scalp through all my thinning hair...

Sorry, I thought I could talk about it.

I've got that problem as well. Holding on to what I have left until the day that I have no hair on top. At that point, I'm shaving my head bald for the rest of my life.

Also, a little advice for you "younger" kids. Don't shave your hair short. It won't grow back. I did it when I was 26 or so and it never came back. Consider yourself warned.

Nzoner
03-26-2008, 09:19 AM

Easy now there was some decent jam back then

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bR3K5uB-wMA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bR3K5uB-wMA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Also, a little advice for you "younger" kids. Don't shave your hair short. It won't grow back. I did it when I was 26 or so and it never came back. Consider yourself warned.

I can thank the Air Force for that lesson learned. I couldn't be a dirty hippy if I wanted to.

keg in kc
03-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I've always been old.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2008, 09:25 AM
When my young nephew whos like 17 and I were talking about the Royals one day and he replied: "The Royals were good once???"

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Oh yeah....another time that I realized that I might be getting old.

This last Halloween I was driving over to my brother's house to take my niece out trick or treating (another sign that I might be getting older). On the way over I noticed three punk kids (yet another sign) who were walking up the sidewalk to someone's house. They ran up to the door and grab the pumpkins off the porch. Normally back when I was 18-21, I would have laughed and drove off. Not now....I quickly turned around and started honking at them until they put the pumpkins down and ran off.

Maybe that's not getting old....maybe that's just having respect. Who knows.

alpha_omega
03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
The first time I said..."I can't believe what these kids are wearing nowadays".

milkman
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM

Big Band
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Bing Crosby

Frosty
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM
When, in my effort to try to get back into shape, I manage to injure pretty much every joint

- and I am not really training all that hard. :spock:

siberian khatru
03-26-2008, 09:36 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo4kDrWBa6c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo4kDrWBa6c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

tooge
03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
When I was having a conversation with a buddy about going fishing one night. My wife said it could be "get some" night instead. Well, I went fishing. I knew I was old then.

Lzen
03-26-2008, 09:41 AM
When the hair stops grow on the top of your head and starts growing everywhere else. :banghead:

milkman
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
When the hair stops grow on the top of your head and starts growing everywhere else. :banghead:

I still have a full head of hair.

ChiefButthurt
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
My wife and I were at breakfast with my son and noticed he is starting to get gray hair. That cut me deep.

Hydrae
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
When you look back at something that happened in your early adulthood and realize it was more than 1/2 your lifetime ago! :eek:

Lzen

Bugeater
Your toupee doesn't count.

Lzen
03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
How about the first couple of times that I went out to play basketball this spring. A couple of days later, I could barely walk because I think I injured something near my groin. Not even sure when or how it happened as I didn't notice it the first day after I played. Hell, I even went home and cleaned house right after playing hoops for a couple hours. 2 days later, I could barely walk. Everyone tells me "you're getting old". SCREW YOU ALL FOR SAYING THAT!!!

SCTrojan
03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
First indication - the first time I noticed a Playboy centerfold was younger than I was.

What brought it home - talking with some undergrads when I was at graduate school about how there was no such thing as cell phones when I was growing up. Then seeing the uncomprehending looks on their faces when they asked, "How did you ever get together with your friends to do anything?"

kindra68
03-26-2008, 10:05 AM
When I was talking to a bartender and made a comment about smoking in McDonalds.~ She looked at me like I had just grown another head out of my neck.

I realized I had become “the crazy underwear lady”~
My son cried out in a hi-pitched adolescent voice to “Please stop buying him underwear, he has enough for three weeks” in the middle of Target.

My son was telling me about “this funny song about butts, that they play at the skating ring”~
I then quoted the first few lines of “Baby Got Back” . yes he’s ok now, but I was worried for the first few minutes that he had died of embarrassment. (And we were in the car.)

crazycoffey
03-26-2008, 10:06 AM
My wife and I were at breakfast with my son and noticed he is starting to get gray hair. That cut me deep.

I'd think having clayton still living at home with you would cut deeper....

ohhh, sorry - My first sign of aging badly is when I noticed I had to start peeing while sitting in the AM, because my knees and back are shot....

milkman
03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Your toupee doesn't count.

If I was going bald, I'd just shave my head.

Sure-Oz
03-26-2008, 10:09 AM
at 26

Adept Havelock
03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
When you realize the little babies you held as a young man have graduated high school/college.

Or:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Radar Chief
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM

nlm Mineís retreating down my back and leaving a flag pole on my forehead as proof it was once there.

DenverChief
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
First indication - the first time I noticed a Playboy centerfold was younger than I was.

What brought it home - talking with some undergrads when I was at graduate school about how there was no such thing as cell phones when I was growing up. Then seeing the uncomprehending looks on their faces when they asked, "How did you ever get together with your friends to do anything?"

LMAO did you tell them duh! we had beepers!

Jenson71
03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Big Band
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Bing Crosby

Sarah Vaughn
Ella Fitzgerald

SCTrojan
03-26-2008, 10:55 AM
LMAO did you tell them duh! we had beepers!

They didn't know what to do when I said there was pre-arrangement, commitment and follow-through.

Inspector
03-26-2008, 11:15 AM
When my grandaughter asked to drive my truck.

PhillyChiefFan
03-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I was at our college hangout bar, where everyone knew me and I knew the bouncer etc, etc, I went back for homecoming and realized that I knew absolutely no one and felt like that creepy old guy that keeps coming back.

My "old" friends and I stood around talking about how we use to 'shut this place down' and 'drink everyone under the table'. That's when I knew.

StcChief
03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
So, who is Poison anyway? ;)no it's where.... under the sink for RATT.

stlchiefs
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
When I turned 25. I realized that I've probable lived the better 25 years of my life. The next will be spent working and the last 25 spent as an old(er) man. The first 25 included high school and college and those fun does are gone. Dammit I just made myself cry.

38yrsfan
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I officially knew I was getting older when I get really bad hangovers .

I had the opposite ... knew I was getting old when I couldn't feel the hangovers anymore.

go bowe
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Sorry, I thought I could talk about it.eh, i'm gonna be 60 next month...

i've had gray hair for two decades, more or less...

but the first time i realized i was getting old was...

uh, err...

i can't remember now...

38yrsfan
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
In response to digs from my kids about getting older - I claim that is the goal in life, getting older, because if your not getting older you are, umm, well dead. while I'm still reasonably healthy, I'll go with door #1 for now.

go bowe
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
LMAO did you tell them duh! we had beepers!hey, how's it going...

i haven't been on that much for awhile, so i might have missed some of your posts but it's good to see ya anyway...

we've been wanting a progress report for awhile...

you know, as the planet turns...

88TG88
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I asked a younger woman to dance at a club one night and she said,"You're old enough to be my dad."

I looked at her and replied,"You should've just kicked me in the nuts,it would've felt better."

Ouch man thats harsh

Thank God I'm young :)

Lzen
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
A little over a year ago, I was getting together with my cousin and jamming (he plays drums and I play guitar). Now he is a few years younger than me but he is over 30. His wife is a couple years younger than he is, I think. She hangs out with even younger people (coworkers from the restaurant and/or her younger brother's friends, I think).

They are having a party and invite us to come over and jam. So, I go over a couple of weekends and jam with my cousin. Several of the guys there are also musicians so we kind of ended up just have a free for all jamfest. It was a lot of fun. But I also got to thinking about it and then kind of felt weird. I am 36 (was 35 at the time) and here I am hanging out at parties of people(most were probably ages 16-21) that were barely older than my son who was 14 at the time. They wanted us to jam over there for New Year's Eve. I declined. :( It just felt.......wrong.

MOhillbilly
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
went to see Madball and the kids were windmill moshing. shit has passed me by.

ROYC75
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
When I made the "Old man getting off the couch" noise. You know what I'm talking about. That "I'm struggling to stand up" noise.

That accompanied with many gray hairs in my beard. Oy vey. Only 30, but kids make me feel like I'm 50.

Wait till you are 50 and they make you feel 70 . :eek:

Radar Chief
03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
A little over a year ago, I was getting together with my cousin and jamming (he plays drums and I play guitar). Now he is a few years younger than me but he is over 30. His wife is a couple years younger than he is, I think. She hangs out with even younger people (coworkers from the restaurant and/or her younger brother's friends, I think).

They are having a party and invite us to come over and jam. So, I go over a couple of weekends and jam with my cousin. Several of the guys there are also musicians so we kind of ended up just have a free for all jamfest. It was a lot of fun. But I also got to thinking about it and then kind of felt weird. I am 36 (was 35 at the time) and here I am hanging out at parties of people(most were probably ages 16-21) that were barely older than my son who was 14 at the time. They wanted us to jam over there for New Year's Eve. I declined. :( It just felt.......wrong.

Yea, I can see several problems with that. Say a few of the kids have alcohol and the party gets busted. Who do you think the cops are going to haul in for distributing to minors?
Who was the Green Bay tight end that went to an after prom party and was accused of molesting a 16 y.o.? Canít think of the dip shitís name but thatís a pretty good reason to just avoid that type of situation all together.
Or maybe Iím just overly paranoid. :shrug:

Spott
03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
When my first grey hair appeared down there.

Damn, you mean the hair down there turns grey?

seclark
03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
when i was 28 years old, i woke up one morning and discovered my unit was soft. up until then, i thought it had a bone in it.
sec

ROYC75
03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
When my young nephew whos like 17 and I were talking about the Royals one day and he replied: "The Royals were good once???"

ROFL I had to laugh at that..... I remember them well !

StcChief
03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
When my young nephew whos like 17 and I were talking about the Royals one day and he replied: "The Royals were lucky once???"FYP

Lzen
03-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Yea, I can see several problems with that. Say a few of the kids have alcohol and the party gets busted. Who do you think the cops are going to haul in for distributing to minors?
Who was the Green Bay tight end that went to an after prom party and was accused of molesting a 16 y.o.? Canít think of the dip shitís name but thatís a pretty good reason to just avoid that type of situation all together.

Mark Chamura.

Yeah, those are also some things that crossed my mind at the time. It just wasn't worth it.

alanm
03-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Mark Chemurha or something like that.
And I started feeling old when people stopped carding me and the first time I heard something from HS being played on a oldies station.

Radar Chief
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Mark Chamura.

Thatís it. Thank you, it was going to drive me nuts trying to remember his name.

ClevelandBronco
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I think it was the day my daughter was born.

kstater
03-26-2008, 03:29 PM
When I wake up at 6:30 and consider it sleeping in.

ROYC75
03-26-2008, 03:36 PM
FYP

Only a Cardinal fan would say this. I see it as the Cardinals weren't good enough to win it. Just wasn't in the CARDS !

BWillie
03-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I just turned 25 and I already know what you are talking about. It has to be when I'm talking to a 18 or 19 year old girl that I'm trying to achieve temporary penis storage with. They will get in my car, and mock me for having AM radio on. Then they go onto ask me if I listen to "insert fall out boy type band here" and I have no idea who they are talking about.

jAZ
03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
When I went back to college to finish my degree and all of the girls were 2 years out of highschool and it felt a little weird to be working on class projects with them. I was probably 27.

pr_capone
03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Funny... I was just talking about this with a buddy of mine at work today.

I used to have 2 MTX 12" subs in my car... now I get annoyed when people drive by with their music turned up.

I used to think that getting a Honda, lowering it, making it sound like a lawn mower, and covering it with decals was cool.... now it just get annoyed.

I used to like rap music.... now when I hear it, I get annoyed.

I fear that I will turn into the "get off my lawn" type of old man... that does not bother me so much. :D

BigVE
03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I can still remember the first time some cute young waitress called me "Sir". Grrr... I was so irritated at the time. Now that my kids are getting older I get the best of both worlds though. Sure, they make me feel older all the time but I can still basically keep up with whats hip by asking them. Emo: used to be goth's (all weirdos). My newest thing that made my daughter roll her eyes at me: Rocket Dogs. Shoes. Never heard of 'em before last week...know what they are now though. The list goes on and on and I just turned 37 last month.

BigVE
03-26-2008, 04:04 PM

I used to have 2 MTX 12" subs in my car... now I get annoyed when people drive by with their music turned up.

I used to think that getting a Honda, lowering it, making it sound like a lawn mower, and covering it with decals was cool.... now it just get annoyed.

I fear that I will turn into the "get off my lawn" type of old man... that does not bother me so much. :D

I hear ya'. I don't hesitate to yell at the a-holes who speed down our street...most of 'em go to school with my kids. lol....yes my kids hate me some days.

BWillie
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM

haha yeah. Systems. I used to have one of those. Crazy hoodlums creating a roucus. What are they thinking.

BTW, what is up with skinny 120 pounds emo guys getting hot chicks? When I was 17 those were the kids that got the shit beat out of them, shoved in lockers, and called fags. What is going on

Iowanian
03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I started to realize it when I was about 30...and every time I tried to maintain my alpha male status among my siblings and cousins....I wasn't. A few pileups on dirt bikes that I would have easily rebounded from at 20, had me hobbled for days at 30.

Wait until you look at your shoulder someday and see that pineapple top of hair that sprouted out of effing nowhere.

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I can still remember the first time some cute young waitress called me "Sir". Grrr... I was so irritated at the time. Now that my kids are getting older I get the best of both worlds though. Sure, they make me feel older all the time but I can still basically keep up with whats hip by asking them. Emo: used to be goth's (all weirdos). My newest thing that made my daughter roll her eyes at me: Rocket Dogs. Shoes. Never heard of 'em before last week...know what they are now though. The list goes on and on and I just turned 37 last month.

Emos aren't people who used to be Goths.

And I'm 27 and I have no clue what the hell Rocket Dogs are.

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM

Ummm....I still have somewhat of a system...and my truck is lowered. I guess I'm not that old.

a1na2
03-26-2008, 05:26 PM
It's purely a state of mind.

From my side of the eyes I'm as young as I ever needed to be.

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't like it when I realized I was older than most of the players in the NFL. Then later the Raiders hired Kiffin, and I was older than an NFL head coach.

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
It's purely a state of mind.

From my side of the eyes I'm as young as I ever needed to be.

Only old people say that...

a1na2
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Only old people say that...

You are wrong, I've said that since I was 20.

plbrdude
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
older than i used to be
younger than i'm gonna be....

BigVE
03-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Emos aren't people who used to be Goths.

And I'm 27 and I have no clue what the hell Rocket Dogs are.
B.S. They are the same to ME.

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 06:27 PM
B.S. They are the same to ME.I'm a little too old myself, but I think of it this way... Weezer's Emo, Marilyn Manson's goth.

That's not exactly true.. but if you just look at their styles...

Cntrygal
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
After reading this thread - I still don't know what emo guys or rocket dogs are!??!?!?!?

"getting old" really struck home when a guy at work was talking about how their baby was due on his MIL's bday.... and he told me how "old" she was going to be - which was 2 years younger than I was at the time...... :(

88TG88
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
BTW, what is up with skinny 120 pounds emo guys getting hot chicks? When I was 17 those were the kids that got the shit beat out of them, shoved in lockers, and called Rump Rangers. What is going on

I was pondering that a few days ago as well. I saw some emo douche with finger -less gloves and a f*cking emo scarf hitting on this luscious broad. The worst part was I knew he wasn't gonna f*ck her and that they were probably talking about panic at the disco. :shake:

88TG88
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
After reading this thread - I still don't know what emo guys

http://lifeinservice.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/brian-emo-02.JPG

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
After reading this thread - I still don't know what emo guys or rocket dogs are!??!?!?!?

"getting old" really struck home when a guy at work was talking about how their baby was due on his MIL's bday.... and he told me how "old" she was going to be - which was 2 years younger than I was at the time...... :(No idea what a "rocket dog" is. I think someone just made that silly shit up.

Cntrygal
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh - that is just sick.... :ill:

BigVE
03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
No idea what a "rocket dog" is. I think someone just made that silly shit up.
Another way to know your too dang old....don't know how to google.

http://www.solestruck.com/rocket-dog-womens-shoes/?gclid=COaLy4qJrJICFQ4JPQodTzZzSA

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Another way to know your too dang old....don't know how to google.

http://www.solestruck.com/rocket-dog-womens-shoes/?gclid=COaLy4qJrJICFQ4JPQodTzZzSAThat's not old, that's just lazy. And if it's really a line of women's shoes, I'm glad I didn't bother.

Thanks for doing the research though, buddy. :)

BigVE
03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
That's not old, that's just lazy. And if it's really a line of women's shoes, I'm glad I didn't bother.

Thanks for doing the research though, buddy. :)

I have a teenage daughter...the research was already done for me.

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a teenage daughter...the research was already done for me.Oh, man... sorry about your luck. :D

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
When I had to wake-up in the middle of the night, to go take a piss. :cuss:

:(

Cntrygal
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
rocket dogs are a line of women's shoes .... pathetic.

jjchieffan
03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
For me, it was always my little sister who is 11 years younger than me. Things changed so much while she was growing up. I listened to cassettes, she listened to CD's. I had a CB in my truck as a teenager, she had a cell phone. Her graduating high school was incomprehensible to me. But the worst thing for me was when she was in college. It was right before her sophomore year. I was helping her move her stuff into the dorm. While I was visiting with her boyfriend outside, one of his buddies came up to say hello, and he asked me if I was Kayla's dad. I was shocked that he could even think that. I have never been able to forget it either. Young F***er.

Skip Towne
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I didn't like it when I realized I was older than most of the players in the NFL. Then later the Raiders hired Kiffin, and I was older than an NFL head coach.

Cry me a river.

stevieray
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
according to my youngest, this happens to me tomorrow morning.

Joie
03-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I think it was the day I turned 28 and realized I was as old as my dad was when I was born.

...I had always kinda thought he was old when I was born. And, sadly, I haven't even had my first yet.

Bugeater
03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
And, sadly, I haven't even had my first yet.
What, no one wants to knock that one out of the ballpark?

Pestilence
03-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I think it was the day I turned 28 and realized I was as old as my dad was when I was born.

...I had always kinda thought he was old when I was born. And, sadly, I haven't even had my first yet.

I'm getting there. I'm 27 and my Dad was 30 when he had me.

My brother just turned 30 a couple of days ago. That's how I know I'm getting up there.

Buehler445
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I feel you fellas.

I used to play basketball EVERY DAY. Now I play twice a week and I'm smoked.

I watched American Pie last weekend. HOLY BALLS that was a long time ago.

I get pissed when I see punk ass kids being worthless. (used to be one)

I think frequently about my career. (used to be just sports)

I think frequently about my retirement fund. Yeah you heard me. RETIREMENT.

I think frequently about how to handle my parents' estate when they go.

My Dad talks frequently about retiring. He used to be a hard-assed workhorse.

I saw a girl in Wal-Mart and commented to my fiancee that she couldn't be more than 14. She's 19 and works with my fiancee.

The list goes on and on.......and on.

Iowanian
03-26-2008, 08:42 PM
My best friend from childhood, born on the same day in the same hospital, 59 minutes apart, is in the Marines...He said in an email the other day that he'll be retired in 4 years.

That made me feel pretty old.

damaticous
03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
http://lifeinservice.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/brian-emo-02.JPG

EMO = out of the closet homo? NTTAWWT

damaticous
03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
rocket dogs are a line of women's shoes .... pathetic.

They look like the old converse shoes I wore for bball in Elementary school.

Coogs
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm 51. And I swear to God I don't even for a second feel old. Could be I have a 17 year old daughter, a 14 year old daughter, and a 10 year old son... but I swear I don't feel old at all.

milkman
03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
When I had to wake-up in the middle of the night, to go take a piss. :cuss:

:(

Before that, you just pissed the bed, right?

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
EMO = out of the closet homo? NTTAWWTHe does look a bit like Robert Smith from The Cure.

DenverChief
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
hey, how's it going...

i haven't been on that much for awhile, so i might have missed some of your posts but it's good to see ya anyway...

we've been wanting a progress report for awhile...

you know, as the planet turns...

sorry I missed ya...yeah I work nights so my schedule is kinda screwy ...I post mainly early mornings/late evenings how you been?

alanm
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm 51. And I swear to God I don't even for a second feel old. Could be I have a 17 year old daughter, a 14 year old daughter, and a 10 year old son... but I swear I don't feel old at all.
I hear you Coogs, I'm 50 going on 26 most days. My GF who BTW is 39 and is absolutely dying stressing about turning 40 next month tells me at least a couple of times a day to grow up. :D

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I hate how the high points of your life never seem to be as high as the lows. The older I get it seems more shit makes me have nausa or a headache or stomach ache. You have to watch what you eat. No more mcrib mondays tuesdays or wed. I hate how the commercials are no longer geared towards you.

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
When the kids started looking like my Mom's high school class and NONE of them knew who the Floyd was.

Yeah.

Abortion?

Now? Pro-murder...

milkman
03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I hate how the high points of your life never seem to be as high as the lows. The older I get it seems more shit makes me have nausa or a headache or stomach ache. You have to watch what you eat. No more mcrib mondays tuesdays or wed. I hate how the commercials are no longer geared towards you.

What are you talking about.

Pepcid and Rolaids commercials are geared toward you.

And in a few short years, those Ensure commercials will be your favorite.

Extra Point
03-26-2008, 10:02 PM
the wierd thing about poisen and bon jovi is of course the younger people sing it as a novelty but i remember that being serious shit back then.

I just remember their music as shit, and it still is.

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Getting laid is always serious $#it.

Since that's what I got laid to for a while...well, you do the math...

KcMizzou
I hate how the high points of your life never seem to be as high as the lows. The older I get it seems more shit makes me have nausa or a headache or stomach ache. You have to watch what you eat. No more mcrib mondays tuesdays or wed. I hate how the commercials are no longer geared towards you.I still have a stomach of steel. Jalapenos with breakfast? No problem. I'll eat whatever sounds good, the time of day doesn't really matter.

I have noticed that while I can still take on both my boys at once in a wrasslin' match, I'm a little sore the next day. :)

Demonpenz

i agree their music was the shit.
WHOOOOAAAA LIVING ON A PRAYER!

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I still have a stomach of steel. Jalapenos with breakfast? No problem. I'll eat whatever sounds good, the time of day doesn't really matter.

It's not your stomach that hurts the next day, Mr. Two-years-from-reality...

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
i am still am going to be depressed i when i won't be able to get it up whenever I want to. Right now I can still flop it out and jerk it whenever

KcMizzou
03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
It's not your stomach that hurts the next day, Mr. Two-years-from-reality...LMAO

Well... the burn doesn't really last that long. It's usually worth it.

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
i agree their music was the shit.
WHOOOOAAAA LIVING ON A PRAYER!

On every rose, *dramatic sigh* is a thorn.
Just when every Natty Light has been drawn,
and once every cowboy finds out why his girl is gone
oh yeah every big-haired-blonde-band-girl ends up a thooooOOOOOrn...

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:12 PM
i am still am going to be depressed i when i won't be able to get it up whenever I want to. Right now I can still flop it out and jerk it whenever

This is why the war in the middle east is important.

Once we don't have dishes to beam teh pr0ns to us on a whim we'll be waking up next to women in the morning thinking how good an idea it is to explode on demand...

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
when i was in gradeschool we had a talent show on the same day as holloween. Me and my buddies probably 10 or 11 at the time lipsync'd to poisen. I was dressed as a clown i think my other friend had broken his leg earlier that week so he used his crutch as a fake guitar. I bet there were gradeschool teachers pulling out flasks after watching that cluster ****. After us someone did a dance to the song WILD WEST and we thought it was awesome when it came to the part GIMMIE GIMMIE SAFE SEX. why god why is that day burned into my memory

Iowanian
03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I found myself surrounded around a truck by HS seniors this week...giving advice about mistakes they shouldn't make, and studying in college.....

Yeah....the young me, didn't do that.

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I found myself surrounded around a truck by HS seniors this week...giving advice about mistakes they shouldn't make, and studying in college.....

Here's why public schools fail: they hired me to give this speech.

FOR A LIVING...:spock:

88TG88
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM

I think I'm taking my ability to get hard on a whim for granted. I should treasure the days with my boner and try to share it with as many women as possible.

Rausch
03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I should treasure the days with my boner and try to share it with as many women as possible.

Or not...

stlchiefs
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I think I'm taking my ability to get hard on a whim for granted. I should treasure the days with my boner and try to share it with as many women as possible.

Just as long as you don't have any midget gene in you. :shake:

88TG88
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Just as long as you don't have any midget gene in you. :shake:

I don't, not on welfare either. :)

stlchiefs
03-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't, not on welfare either. :)

Are you a musician?

Lzen
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
For me, it was always my little sister who is 11 years younger than me. Things changed so much while she was growing up. I listened to cassettes, she listened to CD's. I had a CB in my truck as a teenager, she had a cell phone. Her graduating high school was incomprehensible to me. But the worst thing for me was when she was in college. It was right before her sophomore year. I was helping her move her stuff into the dorm. While I was visiting with her boyfriend outside, one of his buddies came up to say hello, and he asked me if I was Kayla's dad. I was shocked that he could even think that. I have never been able to forget it either. Young F***er.

And he is still alive?

Kind of strange that he would ask that if you are only 11 years older. Do you look old for your age or something? Smoker?

Coogs
03-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I hear you Coogs, I'm 50 going on 26 most days. My GF who BTW is 39 and is absolutely dying stressing about turning 40 next month tells me at least a couple of times a day to grow up. :D

:thumb:

Frosty
03-27-2008, 08:17 AM

Wait until the day you turn the same age as your Grandpa was when you were born. :eek: Happened to me two years ago (42).

Chief Henry
03-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I have not read this intire thread, maybe some one else has mention'd something like this. When i first realized I was getting old(er) is in a record store in DSM, Iowa.

I was looking through the (compilations area) like K-Tel. I had to stop and laugh
and shake my head when I saw a K-Tel C-D with the top 10 songs from 1981.
The yr. I graduated high School.

Iowanian
03-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Some of you know you're old....after a viagra and you ejaculate puffball dust.

PunkinDrublic
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
When I started my new job last year, my new supervisor was telling us not to abbreviate too much on our reports. He says "Now I know with the exception of Punkindrublics generation, you guys grew up with texting and myspace so your used to typing in a lot of abbreviation and initials". I realize I'm 31 and my co-workers are in their early 20's but come on.

Pestilence
03-27-2008, 11:01 AM
When I started my new job last year, my new supervisor was telling us not to abbreviate too much on our reports. He says "Now I know with the exception of Punkindrublics generation, you guys grew up with texting and myspace so your used to typing in a lot of abbreviation and initials". I realize I'm 31 and my co-workers are in their early 20's but come on.

I get the same thing in my online classes. The younger people in my class have to be reminded not to use abbreviations and LOL in their discussion posts.

I've also noticed that the kids today (God that made me feel old) have shit for grammar too.

Now that I've said that.....someone will probably correct mine.

PhillyChiefFan
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm 25 but I remember in college I could wake up at 7am and go to class, after drinking all night long, then go to work, after work doing homework, then going out and doing it all over the next night...

NOW?!?! If I'm out till 2am on Saturday night, I SERIOUSLY contimplate calling in sick on Monday morning.

blueballs
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
no need to feel mortal
Skip helped build the pyramids and he's still around

StcChief
03-27-2008, 11:25 AM
early 20s bought my first house, neighbor kid called me "Sir"

Pestilence
03-27-2008, 11:36 AM
no need to feel mortal
Skip helped build the pyramids and he's still around

It took over 130 posts for the first Skip joke. I'm disappointed CP.

Joie
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Wait until the day you turn the same age as your Grandpa was when you were born. :eek: Happened to me two years ago (42).

My older sister has grandchildren already. THAT makes me feel old.

cardken
03-28-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm not saying that I'm old by any means. I'm only 27 and I know some of you around here are pushing 100.

I was at Target the other day searching for my "damn rock music" as the old people would put it, and I overheard two "younger" girls talking about CDs they were looking at. When I say younger I mean along the lines of 14-16...although who can really tell anymore. Anyways I overheard them talking about the Poison's Greatest Hits CD and one girl turned to the other one and said "Who's Poison?". The other girl had no clue as well.

At that point in time....I've determined that I'm getting older and it's all downhill from here.

So when did you first notice that you were old?

I'll be waiting for the Skip joke as well....

Sorry if r.epost.

Obviously, those girls are'nt candidates for the next season of "Rock Of Love III".ROFL

cardken
03-28-2008, 04:20 AM
I mentioned the other day when my sons friends were over about Conan replacing Leno after next year and I mentioned I remember Carson retiring, and they said they had never heard of him. As if I had just made up the "King of Late Night." Young people with no sense of history really disturbs me. When I bring up the Chiefs, I'm always chidedm they haven't won since you were, a year old. That depresses me on many levels.:cuss:

Guru
03-28-2008, 04:43 AM
When I realized I am still holding out hope for another Chiefs superbowl win.