PDA

View Full Version : That settles it! I'm voting republican!

Bowser
03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Heck yah! You better believe it, mister!

Bowser
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
That's the right call, isn't it? All this uneasiness towards Obama by those who sit on the right means I should, right?

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
That's the right call, isn't it? All this uneasiness towards Obama by those who sit on the right means I should, right?

Depends what you mean by "those who sit on the right"....I guess.

I mean, if you only mean registered Republicans/staunchly conservative type--straight-ticket types, who almost never vote Democrat....your sarcasm is noted, and likely correct. That is, it won't mean much.

OTOH, if you also mean independent/centrist folks (regardless of partisan affiliation) who split-ticket vote, who could be uneasy and, rightly, concerned with some of Obama's associations .... then, your sarcasm is noted, but is likely misguided. That is, Obama needs those votes to win a general election.

Without a significant share of centrist/independent votes, he will likely lose....and pretty decisively (28% of Hillary supporters now say they'd vote McCain, in that hypothetical race.)

JMHO :shrug:

StcChief
03-26-2008, 03:19 PM
ask If you really had a choice for a real leader on Dem side.

Adept Havelock
03-26-2008, 04:23 PM
ask If you really had a choice for a real leader on Dem side.

Why? Neither party has nominated one of those in a fairly long time.

ChiefaRoo
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I think McCain is a real leader. He's taken and defended many tough stances based on principal.

StcChief
03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I think McCain is a real leader. He's taken and defended many tough stances based on principal.I said McCain quite a while ago even when he was on the ropes.

Romney had too many questions.

Rudy seemed a 1 trick poney

Ron Paul now come on.... Libertarian in disguise not that some of his ideas shouldn't be considered.

whoman69
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I think McCain is a real leader. He's taken and defended many tough stances based on principal.

Leading everyone over a cliff. He has taken up the Bush mantle for the next four years. He was one of those who stated that the Iraqui war would be over in short order. He only started ragging on Bush when it did not. Where has he separated himself from Bush's failed economic policies. Much like the understatement when George Bush Sr. said that he needed to work on that 'vision thing', John McCain has made it abundantly clear that he has no idea on the economy. He said so himself. He's a one issue wonder and he's on the wrong side of that issue. Since he is going to stay the course in Iraq, he still hasn't made it clear how he will get Iraq to take a stand on their own behalf. We cannot stay in Iraq for the next century as he stated. Every day we are there our troops are a huge target. You can't say that about Korea as there is a military standoff there. You can't say that about Germany and Japan where our presence has continued due to national interest to stay the hand of communism. We can have bases in Kuwait where they will not be a target, while our presence in the Gulf supports our national interests.

Duck Dog
03-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Like or dislike McCains policies all you want be he is the only real Statesman who is running for President.

patteeu
03-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Leading everyone over a cliff. He has taken up the Bush mantle for the next four years. He was one of those who stated that the Iraqui war would be over in short order. He only started ragging on Bush when it did not. Where has he separated himself from Bush's failed economic policies. Much like the understatement when George Bush Sr. said that he needed to work on that 'vision thing', John McCain has made it abundantly clear that he has no idea on the economy. He said so himself.

He was honest about the fact that he's not an expert on all things. Big deal. Based on this concern, I think you'll be happier voting for Obama who is willing to tell you he's whatever you want him to be.

He's a one issue wonder and he's on the wrong side of that issue. Since he is going to stay the course in Iraq, he still hasn't made it clear how he will get Iraq to take a stand on their own behalf. We cannot stay in Iraq for the next century as he stated. Every day we are there our troops are a huge target. You can't say that about Korea as there is a military standoff there. You can't say that about Germany and Japan where our presence has continued due to national interest to stay the hand of communism. We can have bases in Kuwait where they will not be a target, while our presence in the Gulf supports our national interests.

Why can't we stay in Iraq for 100 years? Why can't Iraq be the latest version of Korea, Germany, or Japan? You have a strange variant of straight line projection disease except that instead of taking current trends and projecting them as if they will never change, you are ignoring the improvements of the last 6 months or so in Iraq and going back to the first half of 2007 to initiate your projections of endless trouble for the US in Iraq going out up to 100 years.

McCain's comment about staying 100 years was explicitly predicated on "Americans ... not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed". If you're honest about what he said, Iraq *is* like Korea, Germany, or Japan.

Bowser
03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Why can't we stay in Iraq for 100 years? Why can't Iraq be the latest version of Korea, Germany, or Japan? You have a strange variant of straight line projection disease except that instead of taking current trends and projecting them as if they will never change, you are ignoring the improvements of the last 6 months or so in Iraq and going back to the first half of 2007 to initiate your projections of endless trouble for the US in Iraq going out up to 100 years.

McCain's comment about staying 100 years was explicitly predicated on "Americans ... not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed". If you're honest about what he said, Iraq *is* like Korea, Germany, or Japan.

That's a complete crock. I'm no historian, but I feel very comfortable in saying that Germany, Japan, and Korea were never EVER close to being volatile places post-war as Iraq is today.

We have no business being in Iraq for 100 years, other than our own business. And please don't throw out the standard shill party line on the WoT, either.