PDA

View Full Version : Mort has blurb on Green and Holmes

AustinChief
08-10-2001, 01:41 PM
Dozier (Conway): Hey Mort, I just wanted to know what your opinion was on the Chiefs going into the season. With the addition of Green and Holmes do they have enough to go far? Or is it just going to be another disappointment like last year?

Chris Mortensen: I hear good things about how the Chiefs have responded to Dick Vermeil, unlike the Rams, who fought the Vermeil style when he firts joined them.
I think Green and Holmes will be very good, but losing Sylvester Morris was a big blow and the defense has too many question marks to project them as a playoff team. But I don't dismiss them because of Vermeil.

Steven: Always enjoy your insight, Mort! Which QB/TE combo do you see having a more prolific season, Trent Green/Tony Gonzalez or Elvis Grbac/Shannon Sharpe?

Chris Mortensen: I think I'd go with Green and Gonzalez. Gonzalez is a superstar; Sharpe and Grbac will be very productive, though.

just wanted to post something before the other Kyle got to it... ;)

--Kyle

TEX
08-10-2001, 01:47 PM
Losing Morris was HUGE.:(

htismaqe
08-10-2001, 01:48 PM
I really think Holmes is going to be a good pickup for us...

KCJohnny
08-10-2001, 02:26 PM
By season's end, these two guys will be household names:
Eric Hicks
Tony Richardson.

KCJ
Wiping the beer off his crystal ball

Clint in Wichita
08-10-2001, 04:40 PM
I really don't think Morris is a good fit for this offense, anyway. I'm not too worried about it.

tommykat
08-10-2001, 07:42 PM
Loosing Morris was HUGE. But a friend of mine got a shirt autographed for me for The 37 Forever Foundation. He talked with him awhile and said he is upbeat and just wait till next year.

To me, that's a good sign...:cool:

keg in kc
08-10-2001, 08:00 PM
Any loss at the WR position is a big loss for us, including Morris.

Virtually none of our guys are a "good fit" so that's a pretty lame argument. Alexander runs poor routes, Mayes is slow, Minnis is a rookie, Moses is too small, and Thomas is a career "who's that guy on special teams". Our best receiver is a tight end, for god's sake.

Brock
08-10-2001, 08:13 PM
The Rams receivers are overrated. Marshall Faulk is the straw that stirs the drink in STL.

keg in kc
08-10-2001, 08:21 PM
My post was largely sarcastic, brock. I think our receivers fit fine because the players will dictate the system...

htismaqe
08-10-2001, 09:26 PM
I just hope the guys can learn the mechanics and routes. At this point I just want to see some offense, even if it is Chris Thomas...

keg in kc
08-10-2001, 09:33 PM
That's the same worry I have Parker, but then again they have Al Saunders and Charlie Joiner tutoring them, and I think that's a pretty respectable pair...

chief52
08-10-2001, 09:35 PM
I really don't think Morris is a good fit for this offense, anyway. I'm not too worried about it.

Clint...

Good football player win football games. Period. Systems are over rated. Not having Morris is a definite set back...as it would be to any team in the league. I am worried about it.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-10-2001, 09:38 PM
In a way, though, we were not sure how Morris would do. He disappeared last year, after game 3. And that goes the same with the receivers we got now, even DA. We don't know what will happen...

But, its fun to predict:D

CG

nothing is gauranteed