PDA

View Full Version : Here's a coincidence for you.

Rain Man
03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I live in Colorado. I've got some employees doing focus groups in Virginia at the moment, and I'm not involved with the project at all, as it's being led by another partner in my company.

I know four people in Virginia (excluding any CP members, of course). One of those people ended up being randomly recruited into a focus group. He recognized the company name and asked if it was my company.

That's beating some pretty long odds, I tell you.

listopencil
03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
I was born in Virginia.

MIAdragon
03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
My parents live in<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pVirginia</ST1:p</st1:State>.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I saw Virginia on a map once.

Iowanian
03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
That has to be right up there with the coincidences of how often I say someone in another location is a ($&^%@#) and it turns out to be their cousin....

Or the time in college, when I was trying to write a paper(type on the NW computers) and didn't really know how...and someone beeped in on their version of IM.....and at some point called. She said something about a fat chic, and I said something about this beastasaurus in my lifetime wellness lab that was as big as a monster truck...and after a long, long uncomfortable silence....."which lab are you in"....

yeah..it was her.

MIADragon's family are like spiders...they're born, the shoot a little ass silk into the wind and scatter with the trade winds across the globe.

Rain Man
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Were you people in my focus group?

MIAdragon
03-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Were you people in my focus group?

No, and Im very upset not being invited!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
I did a marketing survey once online for a tech company. As I completed it I noticed the email of the person to contact if you had any issues. It was my ex-gf's sister, who had moved to Arizona and gone to work for this company sometime in the intervening 5 years. She was hot.

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 07:35 AM
My youngest brother was called the other day by a market research company to take a "3 minute survey" and offered $25 to do it. He did it, but said the bastages tricked him and that it was more like 20 minutes.

Duck Dog
03-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I was on vacation in New York last summer and ran into a high school friend in a Mexican restaurant on times square that I haven't seen since '84.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
doing focus groups

is that code word for "humping chicks at my work's convention"?

Sully
03-28-2008, 08:37 AM
My mother was a part-time florist. To pick up a few bucks one year, I decided to deliver flowers for her shop for Valentine's Day.

My 4th delivery was to an ex.

Hog Farmer
03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
My finger stinks every day at the same time. I think thats a coincidence!

bogey
03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I went to NY City with my family last December. I went into a toy store with my daughter and ran in to a guy that works in my building here in LA. We were both shocked.

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 01:47 PM
When I was a sr in HS, we went on a trip to florida. On a bus, on the way to the cape, a girl turns around and says "are you iowanian?"...."uh yeah.."....she was apparently a cheerleader at an area school and I'd roughed up her boyfriend that year.