PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing it

Pitt Gorilla
03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I just teared up at the scene in Field of Dreams where Doc has to give up playing ball to help save Costner's daughter. I should probably turn the channel before he has a catch with dad. Pathetic.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
You know how I know you're gay? You're crying.

Phobia
03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Emotional TV turns me into a girl. I can admit it.... now.

Mr. Kotter
03-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I just teared up at the scene in Field of Dreams where Doc has to give up playing ball to help save Costner's daughter. I should probably turn the channel before he has a catch with dad. Pathetic.

Damn.

Your body has, obviously, stopped producing testosterone. :shake:

In fairness, many of us already suspected that chit LONG ago. :p

;)

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Damn.

Your body has, obviously, stopped producing testosterone. :shake:

In fairness, many of us already suspected that chit LONG ago. :p

;)

Well he is an MU fan...

Mr. Kotter
03-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Well he is an MU fan...

Exactly. Glad you understand. :thumb:

KCChiefsMan
03-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I got a little teary eyed at the end of Titanic

Frazod
03-28-2008, 12:12 AM
The episode of M*A*S*H where Henry Blake dies f#cks me up every time. :deevee:

Guru
03-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I got a little teary eyed at the end of Titanic

Tears of joy right? I mean, the movie finally ended.

Demonpenz
03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
doc should have drug her over to the side where they are playing baseball. Problem solved. I never quite get that part why does he change to an old man and why don't they just drag the girl over to the place where they are playing ball and why do they do the opposite of what you are supposed to do when someone is choking>!>!>!>!>>!>!>!>!>!>>!>>!>>
>!>!>!>!>>
!>>!

POND_OF_RED
03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I still to this day cannot watch the stampede scene in the Lion King without tearing up.

Demonpenz
03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
laugh. cry. and think everyday

BWillie
03-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Am I the only one who cried in Rudy? That little bastard tried so hard. And he finally got his shot. Good stuff. I don't think I've ever cried in another movie though except from laughter

KCChiefsMan
03-28-2008, 01:43 AM

uh ya! that's the ticket!

Demonpenz
03-28-2008, 01:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/batotman/Stupid/Animals/chewy0lh.gif

KCChiefsMan
03-28-2008, 01:45 AM

but seriously. Only one movie really makes me cry and that's the ending of Gladiator, because I really hope that's what happens to me when I die, I get to see the rest of my family again.

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2008, 02:17 AM
The Lion King, always gets me When Simba talks to Mufasa in his spirit form

Psyko Tek
03-28-2008, 02:17 AM
what really get's to me is any time the wreck a perfectly good vintage muscle car in a chase scene

Really gets me right there,
ya know

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2008, 02:38 AM
what really get's to me is any time the wreck a perfectly good vintage muscle car in a chase scene

Really gets me right there,
ya know

So the animated movie Cars starring Owen Wilson got you balling huh? :D

Guru
03-28-2008, 02:53 AM
So the animated movie Cars starring Owen Wilson got you balling huh? :D
KaChow

cardken
03-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Am I the only one who cried in Rudy? That little bastard tried so hard. And he finally got his shot. Good stuff. I don't think I've ever cried in another movie though except from laughter

I Concure, Here, Here..:clap:

Otter
03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
I cried at the end of "The Notebook" and probably would again. I just refuse to watch it again because my caljones are too big still.

I'm working on it though.

Come here you big Gorrila, I'm handing out hugs and you're first in line big guy!!!

Dartgod
03-28-2008, 06:30 AM

ROFL

That's ****ed up dude.

Baby Lee
03-28-2008, 07:06 AM
In Treatment - Sophie. The last episode was BRUTAL, yet hopeful.

siberian khatru
03-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Bang the Drum Slowly
My Dog Skip

Third Eye
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I hate to admit this, but anybody remember the martial arts b movie "Best of the Best" with James Earl Jones, Eric Roberts, James Spader, and Chris Penn? For some reason that movie always tore me up.

Donger
03-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Dora The Explorer Does Tora Bora

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm going to sharpen my axe with a block of slate.

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
You should all grab a kleenex now.

last night, I'm working at home, pounding away on the keyboard of doom for legitimate work reasons, and in the background, brideowanian is watching the news. I hear a name I recognized, so I stepped in to see.

A guy I knew fairly well when I was younger was mentioned again and the story came on. His 2 1/2 year old son was playing in the yard and chasing a cat while he raked sticks and stuff. He turns for 30 seconds and the kid is gone. He remembers seeing the cat on an abandoned well on his neighbor and runs over. Sure enough, the wood was rotten, the child had fallen through and is bobbing 10' down in nasty, deep water. He begins to rip the wood and block away to get to the child when tragedy strikes....a cinder block breaks lose from his grip, falls down into the well, and smashes his 2year old son in the face, sinking him. Matt dives into the well and says he went down 10', but found the kid and got him to the surface...and somehow spiderman's his ass, with a 2yr old up a 10' well about shoulder width with a child with a broken face. At the hospital, the EMT reportedly asked him if his daddy saved him and the 2yr old says "my daddy is my hero".

Instead of the axe....maybe I'll fire up the chainsaw, and order some mud tires today.

Rooster
03-28-2008, 08:48 AM

last night, I'm working at home, pounding away on the keyboard of doom for legitimate work reasons, and in the background, brideowanian is watching the news. I hear a name I recognized, so I stepped in to see.

A guy I knew fairly well when I was younger was mentioned again and the story came on. His 2 1/2 year old daughter was playing in the yard and chasing a cat while he raked sticks and stuff. He turns for 30 seconds and the kid is gone. He remembers seeing the cat on an abandoned well on his neighbor and runs over. Sure enough, the wood was rotten, the child had fallen through and is bobbing 10' down in nasty, deep water. He begins to rip the wood and block away to get to the child when tragedy strikes....a cinder block breaks lose from his grip, falls down into the well, and smashes his 2year old son in the face, sinking him. Matt dives into the well and says he went down 10', but found the kid and got him to the surface...and somehow spiderman's his ass, with a 2yr old up a 10' well about shoulder width with a child with a broken face. At the hospital, the EMT reportedly asked him if his daddy saved him and the 2yr old says "my daddy is my hero".

Instead of the axe....maybe I'll fire up the chainsaw, and order some mud tires today.

WOW.. I can not imagine what was going through that guys head during that event. Amazing

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I can't either. I hadn't seen him for a few years, but he was just a small town guy and always seemed like a pretty decent guy. I'll bet Parker knows him too.

chasedude
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I still get choked up when they shot Ol' Yeller :(

Stewie
03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
We are Marshall

chasedude
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM

A guy I knew fairly well when I was younger was mentioned again and the story came on. His 2 1/2 year old son was playing in the yard and chasing a cat while he raked sticks and stuff. He turns for 30 seconds and the kid is gone. He remembers seeing the cat on an abandoned well on his neighbor and runs over. Sure enough, the wood was rotten, the child had fallen through and is bobbing 10' down in nasty, deep water. He begins to rip the wood and block away to get to the child when tragedy strikes....a cinder block breaks lose from his grip, falls down into the well, and smashes his 2year old son in the face, sinking him. Matt dives into the well and says he went down 10', but found the kid and got him to the surface...and somehow spiderman's his ass, with a 2yr old up a 10' well about shoulder width with a child with a broken face. At the hospital, the EMT reportedly asked him if his daddy saved him and the 2yr old says "my daddy is my hero".

Wow, what a wonderful story of heroism! That kid's pretty lucky.

Duck Dog
03-28-2008, 08:58 AM

I'm glad that story had a happy ending.

Sully
03-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I defy anyone to watch My Life and not have a dusty room during these scenes:

After the roller coaster ride when he tells his wife today was supposed to be "D-Day."
After the birth of his baby when he thanks God for letting him live to see it.
His father shaving him because he is too weak to do so himself.
The final roller coaster ride toward the light, and the Green Eggs and Ham that follows.

Hell, I had trouble even typing it.

Duck Dog
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, two weeks ago I'm at a customers house. The house if full of people because the bride of the house had brain tumors and was on her death bed. She was 29 years old and has 3 kids. The oldest daughter who is 10 was behind me practicing reading a letter she had written to her mom at school. She was reading it to one of her aunts. I'm trying to work on this families computer while listening to this little girl tell her dying mom how pretty she is even without any hair and how much fun it's been to be her daughter and how much she will miss her when she dies. Plus I can hear the aunt sobbing. So now I'm trying to focus on my task through wet eyes and a lump in my throat the size of an apple. It was a painful to listen to. The lady died the following week.

Jenson71
03-28-2008, 09:09 AM
The Deer Hunter

bkkcoh
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
laugh. cry. and think everyday

If only people di 2 of 3 of those everyday... :toast:

Adept Havelock
03-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Iowanian, hell of a story. Thanks for passing it along.

The episode of M*A*S*H where Henry Blake dies f#cks me up every time. :deevee:

I think that scene, Old Yeller, and On The Beach are all acceptable for a guy to get choked up by.

The last scene of "A Bridge Too Far" also qualifies in my book.

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 10:19 AM
This thread sucks damnt......you assholes are going to make me shed a tear at work. Especially the mother dying story and the well story.

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
doc should have drug her over to the side where they are playing baseball. Problem solved. I never quite get that part why does he change to an old man and why don't they just drag the girl over to the place where they are playing ball and why do they do the opposite of what you are supposed to do when someone is choking>!>!>!>!>>!>!>!>!>!>>!>>!>>
>!>!>!>!>>
!>>!

Ummmm I may be wrong because I was young when I saw the movie. But wasn't it because he hadn't had any medical training yet? He had to be old to know what he was doing.

Rooster
03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I can't either. I hadn't seen him for a few years, but he was just a small town guy and always seemed like a pretty decent guy. I'll bet Parker knows him too.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/03/28/dnt.ia.boy.well.kcci

He is on CNN video today.

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Try reading this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23682263/

Demonpenz
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Ummmm I may be wrong because I was young when I saw the movie. But wasn't it because he hadn't had any medical training yet? He had to be old to know what he was doing.

Heh he has to have medical training to slap a girl on the back which is the opposite of what you are supposed to do. haha

Sure-Oz
03-28-2008, 11:16 AM

You spoiled the movie for me you pussy. jk

crazycoffey
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Rudy

Rooster
03-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Heh he has to have medical training to slap a girl on the back which is the opposite of what you are supposed to do. haha

He was an old school doc.:)

Rooster
03-28-2008, 11:22 AM
'Where the Red Fern Grows' gets me all vaclemped.

Phobia
03-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Try reading this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23682263/

I have a cousin whose wife carried twins to term. One of them had this condition so I'm pretty callous to the issue. I still only made it halfway through the article.

Pitt Gorilla
03-28-2008, 11:37 AM
So the animated movie Cars starring Owen Wilson got you balling huh? :DActually, the end where Lightening stops and pushes the King across the line is heartwarming.

Sure-Oz
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Actually, the end where Lightening stops and pushes the King across the line is heartwarming.

That is pretty kickass, i'll admit esp in HD

Pitt Gorilla
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Instead of the axe....maybe I'll fire up the chainsaw, and order some mud tires today.Wow. The great thing is that just about everyone one of us would do the same for our kids. It's the experience of having a child yourself that makes that story special.

Pitt Gorilla
03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Well, two weeks ago I'm at a customers house. The house if full of people because the bride of the house had brain tumors and was on her death bed. She was 29 years old and has 3 kids. The oldest daughter who is 10 was behind me practicing reading a letter she had written to her mom at school. She was reading it to one of her aunts. I'm trying to work on this families computer while listening to this little girl tell her dying mom how pretty she is even without any hair and how much fun it's been to be her daughter and how much she will miss her when she dies. Plus I can hear the aunt sobbing. So now I'm trying to focus on my task through wet eyes and a lump in my throat the size of an apple. It was a painful to listen to. The lady died the following week.Wow, I'm impressed that you could finish your work. That would have been tough.

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a cousin whose wife carried twins to term. One of them had this condition so I'm pretty callous to the issue. I still only made it halfway through the article.

I could never imagine having to go through that.

I can remember when my cousin was 6 and found out that he had Hodgkins disease. I was around 12 at the time and I found that tough to deal with.

Calcountry
03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
lmao

Mr. Kotter
03-28-2008, 11:48 AM

I only made it about one-third of the way through. Guess that makes me a bigger pussy than either you or PG.

Damn. What a way to start my weekend....:shake:

;)

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I only made it about one-third of the way through. Guess that makes me a bigger pussy than either you or PG.

Damn. What a way to start my weekend....:shake:

;)

Try reading the end where the baby ends up dying. I had a tough time reading that part.

Mr. Kotter
03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Try reading the end where the baby ends up dying. I had a tough time reading that part.

Yeah, yeah...I got through it. Now I'm gonna have to come up with some manly explanation for the red eyes. Thanks a lot.

I haven't cried like this since the Chiefs announced Peterson's last contract extension.

:harumph:

Heh....seriously though, thanks for the article.

Iowanian
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I must be an asshole.

When I read those articles, I feel empathy for the families, and they are sad, but never come close to a tear.

I am glad I didn't read the dead baby article 2 weeks ago instead.

Demonpenz
03-28-2008, 12:07 PM
If he was truely an old school doc he would have put a leech on her neck and gave her some cocaine!

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I must be an asshole.

When I read those articles, I feel empathy for the families, and they are sad, but never come close to a tear.

I am glad I didn't read the dead baby article 2 weeks ago instead.

I'm not saying that I burst into tears when I read the article....it just gave me the feeling like I was going too.

Phobia
03-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not saying that I burst into tears when I read the article....it just gave me the feeling like I was going too.

Oh yeah (sniff), me too. I've never cried. I just felt like maybe I was going to, like if I sneezed or something. What is up with all the women on this thread, anyway?

Pestilence
03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah (sniff), me too. I've never cried. I just felt like maybe I was going to, like if I sneezed or something. What is up with all the women on this thread, anyway?

:deevee:LMAO I can admit when I cry.

bogey
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
The more gin I have, the more I tear up.

melbar
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Since I became a father, I cant watch anything where a kid is hurt...Niagra Falls....

The end of World acording to Garp. Gone.

I think it should be Man Law that crying for a sports movie should be OK.

melbar
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Also dogs...

Deberg_1990
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I cry at the end of every Chiefs season.

melbar
03-28-2008, 12:29 PM
If he was truely an old school doc he would have put a leech on her neck and gave her some cocaine!

I had a date like that once...:whip::D

beach tribe
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM

I am ****ed up.

I should not be laughing so hard at something so grotesque.

Rain Man
03-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Anyone ever see that movie "Big Fish"?

Sully
03-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone ever see that movie "Big Fish"?

Yeah.
Good one.