PDA

View Full Version : Senator Leahy To Clinton: Drop Out

|Zach|
03-28-2008, 02:59 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/03/obama-backing-s.html

Obama-backing Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT) has become among the most senior Democrats to explicitly call for Sen. Hillary Clinton to drop out of the race:

In an interview on Vermont Public Radio, said "There is no way that Senator Clinton is going to win enough delegates to get the nomination. She ought to withdraw and she ought to be backing Senator Obama. Now, obviously that's a decision that only she can make frankly I feel that she would have a tremendous career in the Senate."

Leahy said he was fretting about the impact of the protracted Democratic race.

"I am very concerned," he said. "John McCain, who has been making one gaffe after another, is getting a free ride on it because Senator Obama and Senator Clinton have to fight with each other. I think that her criticism is hurting him more than anything John McCain has said. I think that's unfortunate."

noa
03-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I hate the response of the Philadelphia mayor. He says that Leahey is trying to call a baseball in the 7th inning. That's just not true. This is not a baseball game. Ultimately, Obama and Hillary are supposed to be on the same team. If they take it to the 9th inning, then they only increase the chance that they will collectively lose. Hillary has about a 12% chance of winning right now. Is that really worth cannibalizing the party?

jAZ
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Just building the pressure. It's not going to happen before PA, IN and NC. Not until a large block of SDs go to Clinton and tell her they are going with Obama enmass, giving her the chance to bow out gracefully before they put him over the top.

That's about the only way I see her dropping out at all.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I hate the response of the Philadelphia mayor. He says that Leahey is trying to call a baseball in the 7th inning. That's just not true. This is not a baseball game. Ultimately, Obama and Hillary are supposed to be on the same team. If they take it to the 9th inning, then they only increase the chance that they will collectively lose. Hillary has about a 12% chance of winning right now. Is that really worth cannibalizing the party?
QFT

that fact that she continues and got nasty just reinforces that fact that i don't trust her to do that right thing.

Her first
other people

ClevelandBronco
03-28-2008, 03:11 PM
A 12% chance is pretty exact.

Even "about" a 12% chance is pretty exact.

noa
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
A 12% chance is pretty exact.

Even "about" a 12% chance is pretty exact.

Haha, I got that from here. http://www.slate.com/id/2187558/
Its not scientific.

vailpass
03-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Clinton to Senator Leahey: eat me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Clinton will stay in this race until every last ounce of blood has been let from her cold, dead heart.

SBK
03-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Clinton will stay in this race until every last ounce of blood has been let from her cold, dead heart.

Yep. I think she'll be fighting in Denver personally.

keg in kc
03-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Clinton to Senator Leahey: eat me.Until one of her campaign advisers told her that "Pat" stood for "Patrick" and not "Patricia", after which she no longer wished to be eaten.

pikesome
03-28-2008, 07:47 PM

She's going to go down with her copy of Moby Dick:

"to the last I grapple with thee; from hellís heart I stab at thee; for hateís sake I spit my last breath at thee."

jAZ
03-28-2008, 10:14 PM

ROFL

Guru
03-28-2008, 10:22 PM

What heart?

mikey23545
03-28-2008, 11:29 PM
She's going to go down with her copy of Moby Dick:

"to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee."

Khaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru
03-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Khaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_khan.jpg

whoman69
03-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Super delegates can put an end to this thing right now. Your states have voted. Come off the fence and put your vote out there. I think they see blood in the water and are all sitting on the fence waiting for concessions. Is there really any other reason why people like John Edwards have not given their endorsement?

The democrats system for picking delegates needs to be changed. Obama's victories have been just as sweeping, if not moreso than McCain and yet McCain sewed up the nomination after the Potomac primaries. The Republicans have a lot of winner take all states including big ones in Florida, New Jersey and New York. I don't agree with that for the nomination process where there are more choices out there than a general election. I really don't agree with it for a general election either http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181743. There should be an increasing stake of delegates given when the candidates have a convincing victory or make a third of delegates winner takes all.

Here is why the Democrats are still fighting and the Republicans are laughing on the sidelines. Results from Wisconsin- McCain 55% and 31 delegates, Huckabee 37% and 3 delegates; Obama 58% and 42 delegates, Clinton 41% and 32 delegates. The margins of victory were nearly identical yet McCain ran away with the delegate count, while Clinton got a fair number of delegates. Obama won 12 straight contest and could not really pull away.

patteeu
03-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Obama-backing Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT) has become among the most senior Democrats to explicitly call for Sen. Hillary Clinton to drop out of the race:

He explained what he thinks she should do, but in the quote you provided, what he explicitly did was indicate that it was her decision to make.