PDA

View Full Version : ***** Official KU vs Davidson NCAA Tourney Game Thread .*****

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Note how quick the haters disappear after the game. The two-three pages that correspond to the end of the game were nothing but haters. After the W, they're
history. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

I was hoping gblowfish would show up, because he's been so interested all season...

Is KU in the final four yet?

BTW: It's Tigers, not "Tiggers."

Congrats to the second best team in the Big 12 North.

Heh...

No seriously, nice win, and what a great year for Tiger and Hawk fans. Helps offset the steaming pile of crap the Chiefs were this year.

So enjoy.

PS: Are you in the final four yet?

Boon
You have to realize that today is the 35th time we've disappointed them this year.

Never looked at it that way.
Thanks.

Friendo
You have to realize that today is the 35th time we've disappointed them this year.

sorry, but if you think that impresses any of the the other 3 participants you're sadly mistaken.

the Talking Can
03-30-2008, 05:49 PM
FINAL 4

F
I
N
A
L

F
O
U
R

finalfour

FINAL

Silock
03-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Dammit... I'm out of rep to spread around. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

KCFalcon59
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Hawks played good defense tonight. Holding Curry to 10 points in the 2nd half was huge. That guy is a phenominal shooter.

Boon
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Hawks played good defense tonight. Holding Curry to 10 points in the 2nd half was huge. That guy is a phenominal shooter.

Yep. His shooting percentage tonight was pretty shi**y.

Guru
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM

He's no Tyler Hansbrough though. Not enough heart.

Boon
03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
He's no Tyler Hansbrough though. Not enough heart.

There can only be one Psycho T.

Thank God.

KevB
03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm never one to complain about the refs, but holy hell - there were some horrible, horrible calls made (or not made) that helped keep Davidson within striking distance towards the end. That foul on Jackson? That ball that should have been called out of bounds on Curry? That push on Collins that sent him out of bounds? That held jersey on Rush? That crap call on Arthur going down the middle? That body check on Chalmers near the perimeter?

Wow. Sure, the Jayhawks missed too many bunnies as they did in the UCLA game last year, but that was a very badly called game. I'm truly happy that Self has finally broken through to the Final Four, though. :)

You realize Davidson never got into the 1 and 1 in the second half? They called 6 fouls on KU in the entire half. I think it's fair to say the refs swallowed their whistles on both ends. Just take the win and be happy.

Tactical Funky
03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
You realize Davidson never got into the 1 and 1 in the second half? They called 6 fouls on KU in the entire half. I think it's fair to say the refs swallowed their whistles on both ends. Just take the win and be happy.
That doesn't change the fact that some blatantly awful calls (or non-calls) were made down the stretch.

I'll shut up and take the win, though. Davidson is much better than a 10-seed. In fact, I'd venture to say they're better than both Xavier and Louisville.

OnTheWarpath58
03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Note how quick the haters disappear after the game. The two-three pages that correspond to the end of the game were nothing but haters. After the W, they're
history. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Define hater.

Someone who thinks it's weak to whine about the refs when your team is playing a piss-poor game?

I have no dog in the fight. I could care less if KU wins or loses. But whining about the refs is lame.

I remember my first argument here. It was about the people whining about the Seahawks supposedly getting jobbed in SB XL.

ArrowheadHawk
03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Woot. Woot. KU in the Final Four. Rock Chalk.

Baconeater
03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Congrats on making the Final Four KU fans.

Extra Point
03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Whew!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 06:50 PM
What the **** board have you been reading? What dumbass statement.

well, there are several in the Davidson bandwagon thread that claimed it would be an easy win, including Skip.

Silock
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
There are several that didn't, so that kinda throws a big monkey wrench in the "all the jayhawk fans" statement.

Coach
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Here's a way to disrupt Hansbrough. Trap him and rough him up a little bit. Who cares about the calls? Rough him up a little bit.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
There are several that didn't, so that kinda throws a big monkey wrench in the "all the jayhawk fans" statement.

he didn't say "all" either, so that kindsa throws that same wrench in yours.

*edit* oh, he did the first time, I was looking at his second comment

Silock
03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
he didn't say "all" either, so that kindsa throws that same wrench in yours.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4658030&postcount=433

Boon
03-30-2008, 06:56 PM
well, there are several in the Davidson bandwagon thread that claimed it would be an easy win, including Skip.

Well when you've reached the Elite Eight, you know that whomever your opponent is, they deserve to be there. With that said, being in the Elite Eight is something KSUck, MUrons, and Slackers (shockers), wouldn't know anything about.

Here is where mikeydumbshitcats makes a hilarious google reference.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Well when you've reached the Elite Eight, you know that whomever your opponent is, they deserve to be there. With that said, being in the Elite Eight is something KSUck, MUrons, and Slackers (shockers), wouldn't know anything about.

and why is that?

will you bother to go do some googling before you make yourself look stupid?

Boon
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
and why is that?

They haven't been there lately?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 06:59 PM
They haven't been there lately?

ah! you do know how to google!

Boon
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry to burst your purple bubble (twice this year), but it took no Google on my part.
KSUcker..............

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry to burst your purple bubble (twice this year), but it took no Google on my part.
KSUcker..............

bs...your post made no sense unless you thought we'd never been there.

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM

You're full of shit as usual. I did nothing more than quote the Vegas line to a hater. I said nothing of what I thought.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Well what a game. finally getting a chance to post... Congrats to the Hawks, what a game for Self and Co... They had the world and just about everything else agianst them and they came away with a 2 point win.

Oh and to all the haters, Davidson bandwagon fans and the officals, SUCK IT BITCHES, you still couldnt deny Self and the Hawks today...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
You're full of shit as usual. I did nothing more than quote the Vegas line to a hater. I said nothing of what I thought.

ah, Alzheimer's, isn't iot grand?

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4656773#post4656773)
I am rooting For Curry in my player pool, damn good story and KU fans have had far too much success and happiness this year. That being said, this game won't be close.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I agree. Vegas says KU by 10.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4656903&postcount=15

Boon
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
bs...your post made no sense unless you thought we'd never been there.

Whatever.
See you in Africa.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Whatever.
See you in Africa.

yawn, get some original schtick...

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Whatever.
See you in Africa.

Heh, Mikey is going to take a beating next year with his shitty teams and his big mouth.

Boon
03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Heh, Mikey is going to take a beating next year with his shitty teams and his big mouth.

Me thinks his bubble gets burst three times next year.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
ah, Skip got caught fibbing, so now he's mad. cute!

DJay23
03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats, beakers.

Classy as usual. :clap:

DJay23
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
They were playing a 2-3 to prevent the points from the paint. Chalmers and company should've went inside-out and drive-kick.

Our guards did not play well, that's for sure though.

They tried driving. When they got there, there were 3 Wildcats waiting, they packed their 2-3 tight. They tried shooting over it once they got in the lane, but it just wasn't falling tonight. Then they had plenty of midgets in there to get the board.

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 08:09 PM

FTR, I don't recall seeing this, I seen where the vegas line was, no comment bt Skip claiming it was going to be an easy game of it.

Mikey needs to prove his salt on this one........

DJay23
03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
FTR, I don't recall seeing this, I seen where the vegas line was, no comment bt Skip claiming it was going to be an easy game of it.

I for one was worried. Not sure if I stated it here. I know I said I hoped it wasn't close. I couldn't sleep last night. I had a really bad feel at tip, and at halftime, and I don't think I sat for most of the second half.

I hate watching games like that when it's my team.

This game was like watching a boxing match in quick sand. UNC-Kansas will be more like shooting at each other with Uzi's from race cars.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM

follow the link in my post...

here...I'll even repost the link

Jayhawkerman2001
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
usually the announcers steer away from the officials, but many times during this game the announcers mentioned this problem. "That should have been a foul on bar" "that wasn't a charge" you know

i definitely noticed the announcers do that as well. It's funny, i was watching a UNC game against im not sure who, and jay bilas was announcing it with somebody else and there were a lot of times where he would say that Hansborough(sp) was fouling like crazy and not getting the calls against him.

yah yah yah, i know, that was a really long sentence and whatnot, but i dont care

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 08:24 PM

Hey, Mikey, do you know how to get to Manhattan? Go west until you smell it then north until you step in it.

DJay23
03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
there were a lot of times where he would say that Hansborough(sp) was fouling like crazy and not getting the calls against him.

That's because he showed so much heart as he swatted guy's arms and smashed into them recklessly.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey, Mikey, do you know how to get to Manhattan? Go west until you smell it then north until you step in it.

wow! still mad you got busted lying?

Jayhawkerman2001
03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
That's because he showed so much heart as he swatted guy's arms and smashed into them recklessly.

you see his face whenever he gets a foul called on him? It's like his world is coming to an end...

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
wow! still mad you got busted lying?

I was just agreeing with the hater dipshit. BTW, what are you still doing here? Didn't your rent-a-team get sent home a couple of weeks ago?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I was just agreeing with the hater dipshit.

he said it wouldn't be a close game, you agreed.

then you lied and said you never gave your opinion about the game. then you got busted.

Boon
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM

then you lied and said you never gave your opinion about the game. then you got busted.

mikeyis4dcatssuperduperinternetdetective

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
mikeyis4dcatssuperduperinternetdetective

hey, he called me out, so I proved he was full of shit.

DJay23
03-30-2008, 08:55 PM
you see his face whenever he gets a foul called on him? It's like his world is coming to an end...

That's because he has so much HEART! He wants to win so badly, he can't be fettered by all of these rules...don't they understand he just wants to win?

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 09:00 PM

here...I'll even I have nothing to add the link

There it is, I missed the , "I agree," part of it . So mikey wins, do you win a prize ?

Small victory ........

luv
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
This game was much closer than I thought it would be. Should not have been the nailbiter that it was, but it was exciting to watch. That Curry is kid is one hell of a player.

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 09:05 PM
hey, he called me out, so I proved he was full of shit.

I would have to think it was more of a slip up than an all out lie, a lie is stating something you don't know what his true intentions are. Many times on this BB , I fail to type what I mean and it is taken the way it was typed,was it intent or not, you can't prove yourself and neither an anybody else.

But nice try, you have won a small prize to suit your needs.

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 09:05 PM

You are one of the last KSUck dipshits. The rest smartly ran for cover. You are still out in the open flailing your arms and begging for abuse. Go on home now.

ChiefsFanatic
03-30-2008, 09:07 PM

here...I'll even I have nothing to add the link

I read that as he was agreeing that Curry was a good story, then he stated the vegas line. Am I missing something?

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 09:12 PM
I read that as he was agreeing that Curry was a good story, then he stated the vegas line. Am I missing something?

Like I said, his true intentions ? Nobody knows , it can be taken either way, up to the person reading the post, possibly twisting it to his own preference.

Nzoner
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
This game was much closer than I thought it would be. Should not have been the nailbiter that it was,

Huh?

I think the game was everything it should have been,Davidson beat Gonzaga,Georgetown and Wisconsin in the tourney so I was not one bit surprised.If only Curry hadn't gotten off to such a miserable start we're talking about a #10 in the Final Four.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Like I said, his true intentions ? Nobody knows , it can be taken either way, up to the person reading the post, possibly twisting it to his own preference.

I have my interpretation, you have yours.

skip won't even acknowledge he typed the words.

g'night

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 09:20 PM

The hater said it wouldn't be close, indicating he thought KU would lose big like Wisconsin. I showed him the Vegas spread and agreed Vegas thought it wouldn't be close the other way. I never expressed what I thought. I never do because you end up in a pointless argument with a dipshit like Mikey.

Braincase
03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Kinda funny. When you go to ESPN and go the home of the men's tournament, the hot links about the Final Four mention Mempphis, UNC, UCLA & Davidson... and the two stories about Davidson are both by Missouri alum, Pat Forde.

The haters just keep on hatin'!:clap:ROFL

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Kinda funny. When you go to ESPN and go the home of the men's tournament, the hot links about the Final Four mention Mempphis, UNC, UCLA & Davidson... and the two stories about Davidson are both by Missouri alum, Pat Forde.

Pat Forde is a major hater...

He is crying in his sandy vagina tonight... He can SUCK IT!

BigRock
03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Big ups to Kansas! I hope they kick Roy's punk ass.

chiefbowe82
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
does anyone know what time the national championship game in on?

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 10:49 PM
WHY EVERYBODY SO HAPPY

I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Lzen
03-31-2008, 07:36 AM

I watched the post game interviews. All they kept asking was about the final shot and if it would have gone in. Hey fools, guess what. It didn't. Now shuddap!!

StcChief
03-31-2008, 07:40 AM
good luck with UNC you're gonna need it.

Davidson's smart white boy midgets nearly beat you.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Huh?

I think the game was everything it should have been,Davidson beat Gonzaga,Georgetown and Wisconsin in the tourney so I was not one bit surprised.If only Curry hadn't gotten off to such a miserable start we're talking about a #10 in the Final Four.
If KU hadnt gotten off to a miserable start, we would be talking a 20 blowout...

Reerun_KC
03-31-2008, 08:56 AM

:deevee:

Bearcat
03-31-2008, 09:23 AM

Aren't you the SIU fan that was crying about respect for your relatively low-talent midgets last year? If so, you should know about parity by now.

Of course, Georgetown's bigger/stronger/tougher team or Wisconsin's defense would have killed Kansas, had they not lost to the same group of midgets. :rolleyes:

Rooster
03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
:whackit::rolleyes:good luck with UNC you're gonna need it.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Aren't you the SIU fan that was crying about respect for your relatively low-talent midgets last year? If so, you should know about parity by now.

Of course, Georgetown's bigger/stronger/tougher team or Wisconsin's defense would have killed Kansas, had they not lost to the same group of midgets. :rolleyes:
That has to be him... The SIU junk ball fan..

Where is your vaunted team now?

PHOG
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM

I thought I heard numerous times during the game that Davidson "almost" beat UNC and Duke in the regular season?

Anyways, good going boys, now take it to UNC.