PDA

View Full Version : The right Reverend does it again...will Obama overcome?

Logical
03-29-2008, 08:02 PM
It is with such activity in mind that the words of the late John F. Kennedy come back to haunt us. ... "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." Increasingly, by choice or by accident, this is the role our nation has taken, the role of those who make peaceful revolution impossible by refusing to give up the privileges and the pleasures that come from the immense profits of overseas investments. I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values.Obama seems to be jinxed.

SBK
03-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Obama seems to be jinxed.

You don't need to feel bad for him, it was his choice.

stevieray
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
pretty naive of a reverend to think seeds he planted wouldn't eventually come to harvest.

Logical
03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
pretty naive of a reverend to think seeds he planted wouldn't eventually come to harvest.ROFL

Logical
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
You don't need to feel bad for him, it was his choice.
I don't

Taco John
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Obama seems to be jinxed.

What's the problem with the quote? When a white guy like Ron Paul says the things that Wright says, nobody hardly blinks. When a black guy says it, people start flapping their arms.

I don't get it.

mikey23545
03-29-2008, 10:10 PM
a white guy like Ron Paul

Who?

Dallas Chief
03-29-2008, 10:51 PM
ROFLWho?

chagrin
03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
What's the problem with the quote? When a white guy like Ron Paul says the things that Wright says, nobody hardly blinks. When a black guy says it, people start flapping their arms.

I don't get it.

LMAO

poor flounder

HonestChieffan
03-30-2008, 09:40 AM

I don't get it.

No one pays any attention to Ron Paul

Logical
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
No one pays any attention to Ron PaulSo if Ron Paul says something it is not as bad as if the Reverend says it?

Baby Lee
03-30-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't get it.

You're right, Paul should've been met with much more approbation. ;)

Logical
03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
So for bonus points when was this speech given.

(hint Google will help)

a1na2
03-31-2008, 05:59 AM

I don't get it.

That's your problem, you can't see racism except in cases that support your views.

You don't get it and probably never will.

Logical
03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
That's your problem, you can't see racism except in cases that support your views.

You don't get it and probably never will.

LOL you should talk, tell me what Reverend made the statement in the thread header.

Baby Lee
03-31-2008, 12:11 PM
LOL you should talk, tell me what Reverend made the statement in the thread header.

It's not the great mystery you think it is, which is probably why this is so sparsely attended a thread. Thanks for your little 'teaching moment' though.

Pitt Gorilla
03-31-2008, 12:11 PM

You don't get it and probably never will.What racism?

Pitt Gorilla
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
pretty naive of a reverend to think seeds he planted wouldn't eventually come to harvest.What do you mean?

StcChief
03-31-2008, 12:23 PM
He has a dream, he will over come, just follow Bark. /leemings over the cliff

vailpass
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
LMFAO at the people in this thread who think they are being clever.

Baby Lee
04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Vlad's not the only guy appropriating MLK to make a petty tangential point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jones/forty-years-gone-mlks-dre_b_95125.html

mlyonsd
04-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Vlad could you find the speech where MLK tells the flock HIV was invented by the government to inflict upon people of color?

I'd be interested to see if MLK agreed with Wright on that.

jettio
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey Vlad could you find the speech where MLK tells the flock HIV was invented by the government to inflict upon people of color?

You should read up on the Tuskegee Syphillis Study before you post again about that. Go ahead and google it and read about that.

It is not as if the government does not have a history of unethical research on black people regarding a wasting sexually transmitted disease.

It is a crazy urban legend regarding the HIV virus, but considering the Tuskegee syphillis study and other medical research over the years it is understandable why that urban legend has had some legs.

Taco John
04-05-2008, 03:50 PM

Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Study_of_Untreated_Syphilis_in_the_Negro_Male

Choke on that.

Logical
04-07-2008, 12:43 AM
It's not the great mystery you think it is, which is probably why this is so sparsely attended a thread. Thanks for your little 'teaching moment' though.Thread was really made to catch the a1na2s, Stevieray's and maybe even the SBKs. I did not expect to catch someone like you or Pitt Gorilla.

SBK
04-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Thread was really made to catch the a1na2s, Stevieray's and maybe even the SBKs. I did not expect to catch someone like you or Pitt Gorilla.

What were you going to catch me with? Is this some kind of mental midget race? LMAO

Logical
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
What were you going to catch me with? Is this some kind of mental midget race? LMAO
It sure seems like you just insulted yourself. Perhaps it is just the part of the country you come from changing the way you view things?:spock:

SBK
04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
It sure seems like you just insulted yourself. Perhaps it is just the part of the country you come from changing the way you view things?:spock:

Interesting to say where I live affects me, considering you're a used-to-be conservative living in Kalifornia.....:evil:

Logical
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Interesting to say where I live affects me, considering you're a used-to-be conservative living in Kalifornia.....:evil:I am probably still a conservative from the standpoint I would be fine with us bombing the Nuclear facilities in Iran and/or N. Korea. I just don't think we should invade them with ground troops like we did Iraq so we end up in another occupation. I also still favor defense spending over social program spending.