PDA

View Full Version : Persepolis

irishjayhawk
03-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Anyone seen it?

It's well worth watching.

Frankie
03-30-2008, 01:46 AM
I bought the illustrated book as part of a gift package for Fariba on her birthday two years ago. Never thought it would be made into a movie. Especially keeping the style of it's original illustration. Had a chance to see it in the theater a few weeks ago, but I'm waiting for this summer for it to be released in English. Can't wait though.

Easy 6
03-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I havent seen it, but i have read some interesting pieces about it.

Its yet another clue that there is a chasm of difference between most Iranian youth & the fundamentalist leadership.

Who knows, hopefully that country will have its second revolution (a democratic one) soon...the youth are the future.

penchief
03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
I havent seen it, but i have read some interesting pieces about it.

Its yet another clue that there is a chasm of difference between most Iranian youth & the fundamentalist leadership.

Who knows, hopefully that country will have its second revolution (a democratic one) soon...the youth are the future.

Maybe the U.S. and England will not undermine their democratically elected government this time so that the oil companies can have sway. Imagine how different the Middle East might be right now if the CIA hadn't conspired to do so in order to install the Shah.

We contribute more than anyone to our own problems over there. Just like we're making our own bed in Iraq and Iran right now. When are we ever going to learn?