PDA

View Full Version : In truth who does not have a dog in this race?

Logical
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Taking the pulse in a different way. I think many of us are completely dissastisfied with all the Presidential candidates.

Baby Lee
03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Aside from not wanting Hillary. . . I'm Sparticus

Silock
03-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Don't like Hillary, Obama or McCain. Don't know who I'm going to vote for. They all seem like mostly the same candidate.

Easy 6
03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Aside from not wanting Hillary. . . I'm Sparticus

No, I'M Spartacus!!!

Adept Havelock
03-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm Spartacus.

a1na2
03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
It's a lose lose situation for the country.

We have no promise for the future with any of them.

The only thing we can stand on is that the US is resiliant and will weather the next administration regardless of what we all think about the person elected.

AustinChief
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I'M SPARTACUS (and so's my wife)

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm a loyal follower of the "Anybody but Hillary" campaign.

SBK
03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Well I'm not one of Obama's disciples, and the Clinton's will never get a vote from me. I suppose the one thing that could get a McCain vote from me is if he picked a big time conservative for VP to set them up for the Oval Office in 8 years (or when he kicks the bucket) I might be able to vote for him.

I'm really waiting to see the other candidates that are going to jump in the race. Especially the conservative ones.

whoman69
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
It's a lose lose situation for the country.

We have no promise for the future with any of them.

The only thing we can stand on is that the US is resiliant and will weather the next administration regardless of what we all think about the person elected.

I suppose if we can weather Dubyah...

Hydrae
03-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I still plan to write on Ron Paul. There is no way I can vote for any of the three that are currently left.

bkkcoh
03-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I'M SPARTACUS (and so's my wife)

So if you have had sex on a consistent basis, that means you are gay, nttiawwt......... :doh!:

SNR
03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Can't stand any of these assholes still remaining. I would vote for McCain if I had to pick one of them, mostly because he would cut SOME spending and we could avoid the inevitable failure that would be a socialized healthcare system, but I'll most likely be voting 3rd party or writing in Ron Paul.

a1na2
03-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I suppose if we can weather Dubyah...

We lived through Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, Bush was a piece of cake.

At least with Bush the job market has been great. My 401K took a major hit after 9/11 but has trippled since. The growth in the 401K during Clinton's years was exceptionally dismal.

a1na2
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I still plan to write on Ron Paul. There is no way I can vote for any of the three that are currently left.

Hate to say it, but a write in or selecting an independant is just throwing away your vote IMO.

You are almost in the position in determining who is the least objectionable this time around.

bango
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I have to vote for a third party again. I know that it is throwing my vote away. I think that no matter how you vote anymore it is wasted. I just can not vote for either one of the two major parties. I would not be able to take enough showers to feel clean again.

Hydrae
03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Hate to say it, but a write in or selecting an independant is just throwing away your vote IMO.

You are almost in the position in determining who is the least objectionable this time around.

The really sad part is that I have been eligible to vote since 1978. In 2004 I voted for John Kerry and that was the first time I had even bothered to vote in the General Election. Even then that was not a vote for Kerry, it was a vote against Bush (which, being in Texas, I knew was also a wasted vote).

I have decided that since I can not vote for who they are putting up any more than I could vote for the other idiots along the years, I am voting for someone even if it is a wasted vote. My honest other choice is not to vote again. I can not, in good conscience, vote for any of the three left in the race at this time.

BucEyedPea
03-30-2008, 09:49 PM
We lived through Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, Bush was a piece of cake.

At least with Bush the job market has been great. My 401K took a major hit after 9/11 but has trippled since. The growth in the 401K during Clinton's years was exceptionally dismal.
Yeah, but it's all inflation so it really went no where in reality. May even become worthless if we continue on our current path.

Deberg_1990
03-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Vote for Ralph Nader in 08!!

donkhater
03-31-2008, 09:37 AM

I'm not ragging on you, but that's the stance that has this country screwed up. How many times have you heard someone say,"I don't really like (so-and-so) but I think he/she has the best shot at getting elected."

The winner-takes-all approach in many of the Republican primaries effectively washed out the wishes of millions of voters and left us with the guy about a third of the prty thought was most electable.

I don't know what would be beter, but it certainly doesn't feel like a republic.

StcChief
03-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Good for you. Your vote matters to you.

patteeu
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll be voting for McCain this fall, but there's no way that he's "my dog". He's just less mangy than Hillary or Obama.

CHIEF4EVER
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
ICH bin Spartakus.

And I nearly puke every time I think that in a country of 300,000,000 citizens these 3 asshats are the best we can come up with. It's either Dr Paul on a write in for me or *sigh* voting the least stinky of the three piles of dog dung currently available. Unfortunately that would be McLame. I haven't decided yet.

Silock
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
LOL @ 1 vote for McCain.

BucEyedPea
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, if one likes Bush they'll love McCain.

Taco John
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I expect that I'll be writing in Ron Paul's name.

eazyb81
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
It's tough because there's certain issues I side with the right, and other issues where I side with the left.

I'm sure most people are like that, so you end up having to go with a guy where you don't agree with all of his takes.

a1na2
03-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but it's all inflation so it really went no where in reality. May even become worthless if we continue on our current path.

Right. If you believe that you should pull all of your money out of the 401K, pay the penalty and live like there is no tomorrow.

I'd rather invest and lose than not invest and be positive that I won't have anything.

Logical
03-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Let me just say that this poll says Hillary should withdraw (based only on Planet population of course).

Rooster
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
ABC = Anybody But Clinton

a1na2
03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Let me just say that this poll says Hillary should withdraw (based only on Planet population of course).

I'd rather that she stay in the race. The one aspect of this election that I feel may have an impact is the infighting between the two democrats. The longer they are at each others throats the less time they have to be on the attack against the only other candidate. He's currently having free reign on the nation.

patteeu
03-31-2008, 09:28 PM

To me this poll says that there are more suckers embracing Obama than all other candidates combined.