PDA

View Full Version : Obama does not want Hillary to quit the race ... why?

a1na2
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I have a feeling that he has invested quite a bit of money to discredit her and win the nomination and doesn't want that money to go to waste.

BUT, on the other hand it could be that he is not willing to start the between the parties war that he will surely lose if he starts throwing out stories that will be very easy to debunk.

Looks like a long season and the democrats will have to fight amongst themselves for some time to come.

memyselfI
03-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Because he knows her coalition is built up of mostly Democrats, unlike his. Democrats who may ditch him if he's seen pushing her out when he's not wrapped up the nomination.

NewChief
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM
He's just being gracious and trying not to alienate potential voters who currently support Hillary. I don't think he'd cry himself to sleep at night if she conceded the race to him.

whoman69
03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
He's just being gracious and trying not to alienate potential voters who currently support Hillary. I don't think he'd cry himself to sleep at night if she conceded the race to him.

Ding, we have a winner.

whoman69
03-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Because he knows her coalition is built up of mostly Democrats, unlike his. Democrats who may ditch him if he's seen pushing her out when he's not wrapped up the nomination.

Hillary has no coalition outside Democrats. Her negatives mean almost no indee support. You can't win an election with only 33% of the vote.

banyon
03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
On the plus side, there'd actually be a reason to watch the convention instead of it being a glorified infomercial.

Jenson71
03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I have a feeling that he has invested quite a bit of money to discredit her and win the nomination and doesn't want that money to go to waste.

That's probably it. He doesn't want her to quit now so he can say things about her that will cause her to quit later.

banyon
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
That's probably it. He doesn't want her to quit now so he can say things about her that will cause her to quit later.

No kidding. Why would you want to save that money and waste it in the general election?

HolmeZz
03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Because you don't look good when you're telling your opponent to drop out.

He's awaiting the day when she finally does.

a1na2
03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Because you don't look good when you're telling your opponent to drop out.

He's awaiting the day when she finally does.

I don't know, he's glib enough to make a joke of it and get her out of the picture.

If I were him running against her and the Clinton political machine I'd be money ahead getting that machine out of my way. Waiting only costs more money and also gives her a chance to turn the tables before the convention.

I'm betting that even if he has a substantial lead when it comes to the convention that there is still a probablilty that the DNC will take what they consider their favorite child and I don't believe that it is Obama.

beer bacon
03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't know, he's glib enough to make a joke of it and get her out of the picture.

If I were him running against her and the Clinton political machine I'd be money ahead getting that machine out of my way. Waiting only costs more money and also gives her a chance to turn the tables before the convention.

I'm betting that even if he has a substantial lead when it comes to the convention that there is still a probablilty that the DNC will take what they consider their favorite child and I don't believe that it is Obama.

Hillary is the DLC's favorite child. She isn't all that well-liked by the DNC.

a1na2
03-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Hillary is the DLC's favorite child. She isn't all that well-liked by the DNC.

She is a favorite child and is still not that well-liked by the DNC, the should speak volumns as to the current state of the democratic party. Those guys need to get it together or branch off into splinter parties.