PDA

View Full Version : KU Fans - Be Honest, Are You Nervous?

Buck
03-30-2008, 03:54 PM
KU has way more to lose than Davidson.

KU should easily beat Davidson.

Are you nervous at all that you might lose?

I don't think this is repost, but if it is, merge em.

Guru
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I am always nervous when watching any of my teams play in a situation like this.

Silock
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Uh, hell yes. Any KU fan should be nervous.

Demonpenz
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
KU has had the toughest road to the final 4 than any of the other number 1's

KCChiefsMan
always a little nervous in March, I mean it's win or go home! That Curry dude is a great player, he did well against a very tough Wis. defense...I hope we can contain him. I think we'll be alright though.

KCChiefsMan

lol, are we breaking out the cupcake thing again?

sportsman1
03-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Hell yeah two of my favorite teams have a chance to play in the National Championship (KU and Memphis) of course im nervous. It'd be great if that once in a lifetime opportunitiy came. Non to mention KU has had such great teams the last 5 years and they have managed to let us down every single time. So nervous? NO! Never!

Buck
03-30-2008, 04:01 PM
My prediction.

KU 90 Davidson 60

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 04:04 PM
My prediction.

KU 90 Davidson 60

I like the way you think

kstater
03-30-2008, 04:23 PM
My prediction.

KU 90 Davidson 60

Both teams have a long ways to go to get either of those scores.

stlchiefs
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Yep, Cinderella's always have to make a #1 nervous. Especially ones that have made it this far.

bkkcoh
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
It doesn't bode very well for KU since there hasn't been a year in which all 4 of the #1 seed have made it to the finals. :hmmm:

Guru
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
It doesn't bode very well for KU since there hasn't been a year in which all 4 of the #1 seed have made it to the finals. :hmmm:

I pointed that out to my wife and she thought I was nuts.

Sometimes I really HATE history.

bkkcoh
03-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I pointed that out to my wife and she thought I was nuts.

Sometimes I really HATE history.

I am sure most would agree with your wife, you are nuts. :D

BigOlChiefsfan
03-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Well I ain't superstitious, but a black cat crossed my trail
Ain't superstitious, but a black cat crossed my trail
Don't dust me with no broom babe, just might land in jail

Well the dogs be howling all round my neighbourhood
Dogs be howling all round my the neighbourhood
Sure is a bad sign babe, don't mean no earthly good

Looked out the window, heard a hootowl call my name
Looked out the window, a hootowl called my name
I'ma blame the refs if the Jaybirds lose this game

Coach
03-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I'd be nervous becuase Bill Self still haven't figured out that to beat them, they gotta run the court.

Smed1065
03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
If they are here, they are nervous because of the Chiefs performances. Its a learned trait.

Damn it Carl! :cuss:

banyon
03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Now that you mention it.. I am nervous...now. :banghead:

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 05:09 PM

#10 seeds are 0-6 all time in this round, so I guess no one is winnng.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-30-2008, 05:10 PM
yes I am insanely nervous about this game, heh. The kind of nervous where I begin to bite my nails, scream profusely and punch holes in walls...

jAZ
03-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Are you suggesting Davidson is tougher than Texas?

Extra Point
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Davidson has nothing to lose, and that's what worries anyone rooting for the red & blue.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM

LOL ROFL

bkkcoh
03-30-2008, 06:03 PM
It saddens me to say this, but I seriously think KU will end up wining this game.

KU is lucky Curry went cold in the last part of the 2nd half....

Sure-Oz
03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I thought KU was supposed to destroy Davidson

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes! Yes! Holy crap, yes!

Sure-Oz
03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow, that just sucks

bkkcoh
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow, that just sucks

Ditto that one.

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM

I wonder what Davidson would have had to do to get respect from some people. Beating Kansas wouldn't have done it. Play UNC close? Beat UNC? Win a NC? Do it all again next year?

I guess if Kansas won by 30, they would go down to UNC because they wouldn't be battle tested. Now they won't be UNC because they didn't beat Davidson by 30.

OnTheWarpath58
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM

The refs got in their way, apparently.

:rolleyes:

CrazyPhuD
03-30-2008, 06:18 PM
It saddens me to say this, but I seriously think KU will end up wining this game.

Actually that had nothing to do with luck. They used a defense specifically designed for curry. The defense made sure he had no clean looks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-and-one_defense

Both teams played outstanding defense however.

BigVE
03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Anyone who thought Davidson would be an easy win and we would blow them away is an idiot. They had their shots and missed more than usual. ANY team that can win 25 games in a row INCLUDING tourney games is no slouch. Yes, KU got a bit lucky.

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Nervous ? Not anymore about Davidson, wheeeeeee....... About UNC, yes if we play this poorly !

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Nervous ? Not anymore about Davidson, wheeeeeee....... About UNC, yes if we play this poorly !A lot of Beakers are gonna be furious if KU loses to good ol' Roy.

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM

Huh? :rolleyes:

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Nervous ? Not anymore about Davidson, wheeeeeee....... About UNC, yes if we play this poorly !

Should be interesting. I'm pulling for UNC, but I won't be a dick about it either way. It's so hard to win these games and a little luck is involved too. I'm looking forward to seeing it though.

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I wonder what Davidson would have had to do to get respect from some people. Beating Kansas wouldn't have done it. Play UNC close? Beat UNC? Win a NC? Do it all again next year?

I guess if Kansas won by 30, they would go down to UNC because they wouldn't be battle tested. Now they won't be UNC because they didn't beat Davidson by 30.

I think KU is getting plenty of respect. If I understand the last part of this post, I don't agree.

KCFalcon59
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I was really nervous about this game. If it was a close game, I was just sure Curry would nail a shot to win. Damn near had a heart attack. I am happy KU is in the final 4.

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
A lot of Beakers are gonna be furious if KU loses to good ol' Roy.

Yeah, and I wish people would get over it.

I was being baited by a Mizzou grad last night about how I'd feel if Roy won his second NC since leaving Kansas, possibly going through Kansas to do it.

If you're good at what you do, it'll usually average out over time (well, unless you're Marty Schottenheimer). Roy was bound to win a NC, and doing it at UNC has nothing to do with not winning one at Kansas. He didn't miss any free throws against Syracuse and he didn't travel against Maryland. He could have won one or two at Kansas and then gone 15 years at UNC without winning one. :shrug:

a1na2
03-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I was nervous from the first tip until the final 00:00 showed up on the board.

They were never able to put them away. I did see some indications that they were supposed to lose. I some very questionable calls on out of bounds balls and some fouls right in front of some of the refs that were not called.

It's over and KU won, now all they have to do is rub UNC out of the picture.

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 07:07 PM

I was being baited by a Mizzou grad last night about how I'd feel if Roy won his second NC since leaving Kansas, possibly going through Kansas to do it.

If you're good at what you do, it'll usually average out over time (well, unless you're Marty Schottenheimer). Roy was bound to win a NC, and doing it at UNC has nothing to do with not winning one at Kansas. He didn't miss any free throws against Syracuse and he didn't travel against Maryland. He could have won one or two at Kansas and then gone 15 years at UNC without winning one. :shrug:

Good post and fair enough.

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I think KU is getting plenty of respect. If I understand the last part of this post, I don't agree.

I was talking about posts on this board, not the media. I've read comments from both sides.... comments after beating Villanova about how it would be good to win a close game to be 'battle tested', and then comments in the Davidson gamethread about how the game shouldn't have even been close at halftime.

I think the media has done a good job by showing Davidson as more than just a Cinderella, and they'll be all over Kansas/UNC... I just wish it wasn't a week away. :)

Baby Lee
03-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Yeah, just the other day I thinking 'boy, Neil Smith sure was a good player, it's kind of bittersweet we never went to the SB with him, but the universe just figured it out and got him his ring with the Broncos. Good for him.'

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I was talking about posts on this board, not the media. I've read comments from both sides.... comments after beating Villanova about how it would be good to win a close game to be 'battle tested', and then comments in the Davidson gamethread about how the game shouldn't have even been close at halftime.

I think the media has done a good job by showing Davidson as more than just a Cinderella, and they'll be all over Kansas/UNC... I just wish it wasn't a week away. :)

Should be a ride next week. I'm planning to play nice, win or lose. :)

Bearcat
03-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, just the other day I thinking 'boy, Neil Smith sure was a good player, it's kind of bittersweet we never went to the SB with him, but the universe just figured it out and got him his ring with the Broncos. Good for him.'

There's a big difference between being happy for him and still being bitter about something that happened 5 years ago. Are you still bitter about Neil Smith?

Of course I wouldn't be thrilled if Roy won his second in 5 years at UNC after not getting one at Kansas, but it's not like he thought "now that I'm at North Carolina, I'm really going to try to win a NC".

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM

If you're good at what you do, it'll usually average out over time (well, unless you're Marty Schottenheimer). Roy was bound to win a NC, and doing it at UNC has nothing to do with not winning one at Kansas. He didn't miss any free throws against Syracuse and he didn't travel against Maryland. He could have won one or two at Kansas and then gone 15 years at UNC without winning one. :shrug:If you've gotta lose, there's no shame in losing to UNC. Whatever happens from now on, I don't think KU fans can really think this team let them down.

As an outsider, I really like Roy. He's always seemed like a good man and a hell of a basketball coach. (I like him more now that he's not at KU, obviously. :))

Brock
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
****ing Davidson is great.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-30-2008, 09:27 PM

you are absolutely correct about that one my friend. I was telling my wife that this has to be the most important game of my life coming up, because of my literal hate for Roy Boy... Also i cant stand the little bitch psycho t... I am not going to be holding anything back and am probably going to have a lot of broken things after i am done...

Buehler445
03-30-2008, 09:43 PM

I don't think I will be furious. I will be disappointed that KU lost, but I think UNC has one hell of a team. I'm pissed that Roy said he was going to retire here and promptly bolted, but he's got a good team that I think won't have any trouble in the NC if UNC beats KU. I can't say losing to a team as good as UNC will enfuriate me, Roy or not.

KU is talented enough to beat them, but I am actually expecting to lose. It doesn't seem like they can put a complete good game together.

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Lucky? We'd been hammering him with RussRob, Chalmers and Rush the whole game. It's called fatigue.

luv
03-30-2008, 10:05 PM

I'll be rooting for KU, but expecting them to lose at the same time.

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I'll be rooting for KU, but expecting them to lose at the same time.I don't root for KU. It's against my religion.

luv
03-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't root for KU. It's against my religion.

I root for KU basketball, and MU football. I root for the KC Chiefs, and STL Cardinals. I'm religion hopping.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Same reason I wont root MU...

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Same reason I wont root MU...Agreed, and completely understood.

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 10:37 PM
you are absolutely correct about that one my friend. I was telling my wife that this has to be the most important game of my life coming up, because of my literal hate for Roy Boy... Also i cant stand the little bitch psycho t... I am not going to be holding anything back and am probably going to have a lot of broken things after i am done...

I hate to interrupt here but royboy is all one word.....no caps. Dadgumit!

BWillie
03-30-2008, 10:37 PM
I root for KU basketball, and MU football. I root for the KC Chiefs, and STL Cardinals. I'm religion hopping.

i hope you have alot of sandals cuz ur goin to hell for sayin that. it's going to be hella hot down there

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Same reason I wont root MU...

ya, when we thought it MU beat OU that KU would get put in the BCS bowl or whatever (even though that didn't turn out to be the case). I actually rooted for MU and it hurt...BUT it was for the Jayhawks benefit. I was rooting for the benefit of the jayhawks...ya know.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 10:45 PM
ya, when we thought it MU beat OU that KU would get put in the BCS bowl or whatever (even though that didn't turn out to be the case). I actually rooted for MU and it hurt...BUT it was for the Jayhawks benefit. I was rooting for the benefit of the jayhawks...ya know.
I hate to say it, but I was kind of trying to root for MU in the Big 12 Ship game....

It was like going to the dentist and having a root canal with no pain killer along with someone was squeezing your nuts in a vice....

Was just down right painful.

boogblaster
03-30-2008, 11:12 PM
KU will have to bring it's A-game to beat UNC ... but they can win .....

Guru
03-30-2008, 11:18 PM

I have no problem rooting for MU football as long as they are not playing KU.

Now, MU basketball is a whole different ball of wax. They can lose every game as far as I am concerned. You can thank Norm for making me feel that way. heh

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I was sick all day leading up to this game.. I was screaming like a school girl when we won...

Now I really wont worry about UNC or anything else. No matter what happens we were a FF team...

Guru
03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I was sick all day leading up to this game.. I was screaming like a school girl when we won...

Now I really wont worry about UNC or anything else. No matter what happens we were a FF team...

Now that I just don't get. As championship starved as we are in all sports? I am never happy just to be there. I want to WIN IT!!!!

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I have no problem rooting for MU football as long as they are not playing KU.

Now, MU basketball is a whole different ball of wax. They can lose every game as far as I am concerned. You can thank Norm for making me feel that way. hehAll those thing that make you hate Norm... Chances are, they're the same reasons I love him.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
All those thing that make you hate Norm... Chances are, they're the same reasons I love him.
Norm was class.. For the most part...

he came back and took the Chair and Sit down Norm....

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Now that I just don't get. As championship starved as we are in all sports? I am never happy just to be there. I want to WIN IT!!!!
Yes I want to win it.. Of course who doesnt...

But there is much relief making the FF

KcMizzou
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Norm was class.. For the most part...

he came back and took the Chair and Sit down Norm....Norm got a standing ovation in Allen Fieldhouse. That, was pure class. Props to all the KU fans on that. (no "beakers" this time) Respect for a huge rival, and a hell of a coach.

chiefbowe82
03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
does anyone know what time the national championship game in on?

alanm
03-30-2008, 11:44 PM
does anyone know what time the national championship game in on?
If it's next Monday night I would figure 7-8 PM.