PDA

View Full Version : Final Four Week Long Hype Thread

Ari Chi3fs
03-30-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.ncaamarchmadness2008.com/mens/images/top_banner_right.jpg

http://www.ericsiegmund.com/images/fireant/misc/jayhawks.gif http://www.cs.unc.edu/%7Emoon/images/unc.jpg
http://www.cudaapparel.com/images/category/umem-logo.jpghttp://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/FAT/61-61014_b.jpg

BigVE
03-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Just glad we are part of it.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
The heck with just being part of it.

I want to win it. Only one team in sports succeeds in their season...and that's the champion.

Beating UNC would be great, it's the first step, but it's all about the title.

SBK
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
UNC v UCLA with UCLA taking it home.

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I love how we play NC! I want revenge on Roy damnit!

Ari Chi3fs
03-30-2008, 07:16 PM
UNC v UCLA with UCLA taking it home.

You go to HELL! You go to HELL and you DIE!

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdBUSOP0012.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
03-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Glad we had our off game today. The final four this year is gonna be awesome.

tk13
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
I picked UNC to win in my brackets. And they have been very impressive. But I think Memphis is going to be tough to beat. Especially if they can continue to shoot FT's well.

Spott
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Memphis vs UNC in the final. They've both been the 2 best teams all year long.

alnorth
03-30-2008, 07:28 PM
After Davidson, there is no pressure anymore. I'm happy to just be in the final four, any wins from here on out is a bonus.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
After Davidson, there is no pressure anymore. I'm happy to just be in the final four, any wins from here on out is a bonus.

That's a loser's attitude. You've been a Chiefs fan for a very long time haven't you lol? Don't be happy just to be there!!! We can win this thing!!!

BWillie
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
That's a loser's attitude. You've been a Chiefs fan for a very long time haven't you lol? Don't be happy just to be there!!! We can win this thing!!!

yeah i don't get alnorth's way of thinking. yes we have had a great year but i want to with this som bitz and shove it in roy's face

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm a UNC fan and just feel glad they've accomplished so much. KU and UNC should be very close. You never know. I'm not certain of anything, other than it'll be fun.

Sam Hall
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Obligatory Goulet

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KO_f8qUaFzc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KO_f8qUaFzc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 09:00 PM
I want to beat UNC so bad... I want to see Roy cry and say "I dont give a damn about Kansas"

Ari Chi3fs
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Im with you Reerun. I have this bitterness in my soul, and it has to do with Roy going back to UNC. I need to exorcist the demon on Saturday night. If KU wins, I won't hold any anger towards the man, who left and went to UNC and won a ****ing National Championship in his 2nd year there. Cock sucker.

You go to hell, Roy. You go to hell and you die!

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Im with you Reerun. I have this bitterness in my soul, and it has to do with Roy going back to UNC. I need to exorcist the demon on Saturday night. If KU wins, I won't hold any anger towards the man, who left and went to UNC and won a ****ing National Championship in his 2nd year there. Cock sucker.

You go to hell, Roy. You go to hell and you die!

Roy still has never won a NC with his players.... Those where Matts players and he owes Matt everything for his NC....

ROYC75
03-30-2008, 09:20 PM
There will be a lot of media build up on this one.........

doomy3
03-30-2008, 09:24 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvW0SGEqC5k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvW0SGEqC5k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BWillie
03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
There will be a lot of media build up on this one.........

If anybody but you starts the UNC vs KU thread....I'm going to fu*k their mother while they watch and cry like little whiney bitches. Once i find them I'm going to make them eat my shit, then shit out my shit, then eat their shit that is made out of my shit which is made out of meat.

pikesome
03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
If anybody but you starts the UNC vs KU thread....I'm going to fu*k their mother while they watch and cry like little whiney bitches. Once i find them I'm going to make them eat my shit, then shit out my shit, then eat their shit that is made out of my shit which is made out of meat.

You could make their parents into chili that you would then eat and start the whole "eating shit" process.

sportsman1
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Worked on Scott Tenorman....

milkman
03-30-2008, 10:26 PM

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I woulda stopped at making them eat my shit.

Everything after just screams "SICK BASTARD!!!!!".

Seek help.

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 10:33 PM
well I must say, it's always cool to witness history when it happens! If we can somehow beat NC, the championship is ours!!!

doomy3
03-30-2008, 10:39 PM
well I must say, it's always cool to witness history when it happens! If we can somehow beat NC, the championship is ours!!!

Don't forget that there are 2 other #1 seeds playing on the other side that might have something to say about that.

I hope that if we do beat NC, we don't go into that game thinking it's going to be a walk, because we'll get slaughtered if we do.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Don't forget that there are 2 other #1 seeds playing on the other side that might have something to say about that.

I hope that if we do beat NC, we don't go into that game thinking it's going to be a walk, because we'll get slaughtered if we do.
This is shaping up to be the best FF in the history of the tourney...

Whom ever wins it will for sure have earned it!!!

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM

true, but NC almost seems unbeatable right now. So I was kinda saying, if we can beat them we can beat anybody. But I certainly would hope they wouldn't think the Championship game would be a walk.

doomy3
03-30-2008, 10:46 PM
true, but NC almost seems unbeatable right now. So I was kinda saying, if we can beat them we can beat anybody. But I certainly would hope they wouldn't think the Championship game would be a walk.

All the one seeds look somewhat unbeatable. Memphis looks ridiculous right now as well.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 10:47 PM

yes they do they are playing well, but are they a typical Roy team though... To me they seem like many of the Kansas teams Roy took to the FF...

I guess we will see soon enough.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 10:48 PM
All the one seeds look somewhat unbeatable. Memphis looks ridiculous right now as well.

KU looked the weakest of the 4 today...

ChiefsFanatic
FINAL FOUR FACT: Three of the four Head Coaches have coached at Kansas, either as a Head Coach (Self, Williams) or Calipari (volunteer assistant to Ted Owens)

BWillie

Why is everybody jumping on the Memphis bandwagon all of a sudden? They had a good game to Texas, my hat goes off to them. Their taller guards wrecked havoc on the midgets from Texas, but they just about lost to Miss State too

KCChiefsMan
yes they do they are playing well, but are they a typical Roy team though... To me they seem like many of the Kansas teams Roy took to the FF...

I guess we will see soon enough.

yes, we will see

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 10:50 PM
all I gotta say is that Shady Arthur better not guard hansborough, or he will be fouled out in the first 10 minutes.

doomy3
03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Why is everybody jumping on the Memphis bandwagon all of a sudden? They had a good game to Texas, my hat goes off to them. Their taller guards wrecked havoc on the midgets from Texas, but they just about lost to Miss State too

Certainly I am not on "the Memphis bandwagon," but I have felt like they were probably the most talented team all season. They lost one game, to Tennessee. They are a damned good team. And they destroyed Texas today. I also think KU, NC, and UCLA are damned good teams. Really, they are all pretty equal IMO, now it just comes down to who is on their game once it starts. Pretty even matchups IMO.

SBK
You go to HELL! You go to HELL and you DIE!

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdBUSOP0012.jpg

I know you're a KU alumni so I'll let this obvious slip of the tongue slide. But seriously, which is better, beating Roy or winning the whole thing?

doomy3
all I gotta say is that Shady Arthur better not guard hansborough, or he will be fouled out in the first 10 minutes.

Kaun needs to be on him most of the game. He is easily our best defensive big.

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 10:59 PM
interesting thread. All four teams fans are concerned right now.

Remember that. ;)

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I know you're a KU alumni so I'll let this obvious slip of the tongue slide. But seriously, which is better, beating Roy or winning the whole thing?

that's the beauty of it. We have the opportunity to do both. But I don't think I'd be happy if we beat Roy and then lost in the championship. Kansas is way overdue for the prize!

Simply Red
03-30-2008, 11:01 PM

Kaun will never set the world on fire. He did look pretty good today though.

Guru
03-30-2008, 11:02 PM

Uhhhh, you didn't watch Memphis earlier did you.

Guru
03-30-2008, 11:04 PM
that's the beauty of it. We have the opportunity to do both. But I don't think I'd be happy if we beat Roy and then lost in the championship. Kansas is way overdue for the prize!

Says a Chiefs fan.

Friendo
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Self:Orangutan
Howland:Gorilla
Cal: Chimpanzee... on the back
Roy: 2005

I likes our position--closest we've ever been to 4-#1 seeds was 93, with 3-1's and 1 #2 seed, and we all know who won that one. Add to that there are rumblings that this may be one of the Tarheel's best teams evah. If the support cast shows up, I definitely like our chances to take another one.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Handsjob only ends up with 2 fouls all game while we fouled out Jackson Kaun and Authur....

I am expecting Handsjob to compelety and freely hack us to death with zero calls...

Fairplay
03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Hopefully Kansas had a wake up call today and will have their act together the next two games.

This has got to be the team to take it all the way baby!

Fairplay
03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
FINAL FOUR FACT: Three of the four Head Coaches have coached at Kansas, either as a Head Coach (Self, Williams) or Calipari (volunteer assistant to Ted Owens)

Thats not good, they will know all are secret plays and hand shakes.

Skip Towne
03-30-2008, 11:25 PM

Slaughtered? Who has slaughtered this team?

doomy3
03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Slaughtered? Who has slaughtered this team?

No one has. But that's because we haven't gone into any championship games feeling like we already won it because we beat freaking North Carolina, which is what the poster I replied to implied. We can beat anyone in the nation, but once the Carolina game is over, if we win, we can't look at it like we just won the national championship, because Memphis and UCLA are very good teams.

KcMizzou
03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Thats not good, they will know all our secret plays and hand shakes.FYP

Coming from a MUron.

Ari Chi3fs
03-31-2008, 03:14 AM

IF, big IF, we beat UNC... we will have an emotional letdown, and Memphis would trounce us. I hope we beat UNC... dunno yet... but I would MUCH MUCH rather play UCLA, than Memphis.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/red41red/80435751_10.jpg

Guru
03-31-2008, 03:23 AM
I love the cheerleaders reaction.

KCChiefsMan
03-31-2008, 03:29 AM
No one has. But that's because we haven't gone into any championship games feeling like we already won it because we beat freaking North Carolina, which is what the poster I replied to implied. We can beat anyone in the nation, but once the Carolina game is over, if we win, we can't look at it like we just won the national championship, because Memphis and UCLA are very good teams.

I think you're taking what I said a little out of proportion. Of course I don't think if we beat NC then we just have to show up to beat UCLA/Memphis.

Ari Chi3fs
03-31-2008, 03:42 AM
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/033008ku/images/033008ku_th1.jpg

He is SCREAMING. "**** YOU CoMOChief!"

KCChiefsMan
03-31-2008, 03:48 AM
I love the cheerleaders reaction.

lol they were probably discussing what they were gonna do that night, what clothes they should wear and which player they're gonna do.

ChiefsFanatic
03-31-2008, 04:19 AM
Could someone help me? I have tried to find a list of the all-region teams, but I just can't find it. Has anyone seen this anywhere?

Guru
03-31-2008, 04:25 AM
lol they were probably discussing what they were gonna do that night, what clothes they should wear and which player they're gonna do.

Not that one. She looks like a real fan....

but attractive.

heh

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 04:27 AM
Sup doods. This is pretty cool.

This is shaping up to be the best FF in the history of the tourney...

Whom ever wins it will for sure have earned it!!!I'm biased because my team is in it, too, but seriously, who the **** can complain about the four best teams squaring off to see who's best?

This is going to be so ****ing epic.

kstater
03-31-2008, 05:26 AM
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/033008ku/images/033008ku_th1.jpg

He is SCREAMING. "**** YOU CoMOChief!"

Is that Kevin Federline next to Kaun?

Mr. Plow
03-31-2008, 08:21 AM

"Silent Bob, you're a rude mutha f*cker.....cute as hell though."

luv
03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
What's everyone doing for the game this weekend?

Bearcat
03-31-2008, 01:44 PM

I like the first part. The general psychology/psychobabble of the game -- "they need to play in a close game before the FF", "they need to blow Davidson out and look as impressive as the other teams", etc -- wears on me, because people strive to find ways to either make them believe a team can win or discount them from winning.

But, I do think they need to get some swagger, like they have when they play in the Big 12 Championship game. I wouldn't necessarily say they should play like they're just happy to be there, but at the same time I don't think playing with the pressure of having to win a NC is the answer.

Maybe playing the underdog roll will help... and I'm not saying KU isn't respected, but UNC is playing really well, and people tend to link games together so they'll look at KU/Davidson and give UNC the edge.

Seriously.... Saturday?!?! LATE Saturday?!?! I guess I should take some medication or something, because the last two times I got completely amped up for a game were KU/Syracuse and Chiefs/Colts, 9 months apart.

Bearcat
03-31-2008, 01:51 PM

I was thinking about watching it on the big screen at the P&L District... or else I'll save my money, watch at home, and log on here so I can bitch about how that wasn't a foul... I hate you Tyler Hansbrough!!

Just getting some reps in before the game.

Lzen
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM
I think all you guys that still hold a grudge against Roy need to get a grip. In anything, you should be pissed at Dean Smith for screwing with Roy's head while he was trying to prepare his team to play in the championship game. Screw Dean Smith!! Roy gave us a lot of great years and I am thankful for that. I think our current head coach said it best.

Bill Self on now facing Roy Williams:
“Well, they probably will be asking him all the questions about it as opposed to me. I can’t speak for Roy. But it’s a game against - North Carolina’s players against Kansas’ players. It’s been five years since Roy went to Carolina. I’m sure I’ll say this again, I’ll say it now: as Kansas fans, representing Kansas, we should be proud of the time that Roy gave us, because excellence was definitely the standard while he was there. There may be some talk about it, all those things. But our focus will not be on that. our focus will be on their team. When fans get upset, all that is is a backhanded compliment because they didn’t want you to leave. I’m sure Roy knows that. But this should be about the players instead of the coaches.”
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/mar/31/extra_minutes_kansas_59_davidson_57/

Plus, I think it turned out better for KU athletics overall. Roy wanted to be in control of the athletics at KU. If Roy was still at KU, I don't think we would have been enjoying an Orange Bowl victory. Just my humble opinion.

Monty
03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I think all you guys that still hold a grudge against Roy need to get a grip. In anything, you should be pissed at Dean Smith for screwing with Roy's head while he was trying to prepare his team to play in the championship game. Screw Dean Smith!! Roy gave us a lot of great years and I am thankful for that. I think our current head coach said it best.
[B]

You make an excellent point about Dean Smith, and I agree that Roy gave us many years of great basketball, but my issue with Roy is that he lied about going back to NC. IMO, we all knew that he would go back eventually, so for him to say what he did about not leaving Kansas and then leaving the next week or so without so much as a goodbye was classless, and something that I wouldn't expect from him. The kicker was that he won the Championship the very next year. I do hold a grudge, but a win this weekend would even the score. :D

Lzen
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
You make an excellent point about Dean Smith, and I agree that Roy gave us many years of great basketball, but my issue with Roy is that he lied about going back to NC. IMO, we all knew that he would go back eventually, so for him to say what he did about not leaving Kansas and then leaving the next week or so without so much as a goodbye was classless, and something that I wouldn't expect from him. The kicker was that he won the Championship the very next year. I do hold a grudge, but a win this weekend would even the score. :D

As I recall, Roy didn't win a championship the very next year(04). It was in his 2nd year (05). Yeah, I was kinda pissed for awhile after he got a bunch of KU fans out to the football stadium to say he was staying. He did go back on his word and that sucked. But I got over it. Look, he would not have done that for any other team in the country. Only for his alma mater and the school for which he was an assistant coach for 10 years. It's in the past and that is that as far as I'm concerned.

Lzen
03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
The Associated Press <mcc byline2=""></mcc> Published Monday, March 31, 2008

<mcc story=""> </mcc>HOUSTON — John Wooden gave us the basics of modern-day coaching. Dean Smith refined 'em. James Naismith, well, he simply invented basketball.

Now the schools these greats once coached — UCLA, North Carolina and Kansas — are in the Final Four, a once-in-a-generation convergence of three of college basketball's most storied programs on the sport's biggest stage.
<!-- side boxes go here --> <!-- these can be included in a single master-box or they can be individuals with css controlling float/clear -->
March Madness? This is more like Hoops History 101 getting ready to be played out in an oversized classroom called the Alamodome, starting Saturday in San Antonio.

In one semifinal, it will be Kansas against North Carolina, a perfect matchup with a perfect story line — that of North Carolina coach Roy Williams going against Kansas, the program he left in 2003 amid shouts that he was a traitor for leaving to return to his alma mater.

Carolina is in its 17th Final Four, and Kansas its 13th.
"They gave me a chance when I was not exactly a household name. I was barely a name in my own house," Williams said of Kansas, who was an assistant for Smith at North Carolina when KU hired him. "I have no idea what my emotions will be. I'm just ecstatic for this club right now."
And speaking of perfect: This is the first time since the NCAA started seeding teams in 1979 that all four top teams — from the South, Midwest, East and West regionals — advanced to the Final Four.

"This is one of those years where it appears from the Day One, people said there are four teams that are a little bit better than everybody else," Memphis coach John Calipari said Sunday after his team's 85-67 win over Texas. "That's what they said. We happen to be one of those teams."
UCLA, the team that won 10 titles in the '60s and '70s under the guidance of Wooden — that rolled-up sheaf of game notes always in hand — will play Memphis, a team that also has a colorful and successful history, though not nearly that of the other three.

The "Wizard of Westwood" is now 97 and recovering from a broken collarbone and wrist, but almost sure to watch his beloved Bruins, in their record 18th Final Four, from home.

The early betting pick among these four power programs is North Carolina, listed as a 9-5 favorite at the Las Vegas Hilton Race and Sports Book. Memphis was the long shot at 3-1.

Those who can't get money down in Nevada certainly might have action in one of those millions of office pools around the country. Those who picked all the favorites in their brackets are looking good. But does anyone really do that anymore?

A big part of the uber-popularity of the NCAA tournament is the idea that the little guys really do have a chance to shock the world during these three magical weeks in March (and April). Two years ago, it was George Mason — the commuter school in northern Virginia — coming from nowhere to crash the Final Four party.

This year's George Mason was nearly 10th-seeded Davidson, which might be about the 10th-best-known school in the state of North Carolina, but still gave Kansas a heck of a run Sunday before falling 59-57.
The Jayhawks held their breath while Davidson's Jason Richards launched a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have won it. It missed and KU prevailed to officially make it a Final Four for big boys, only.

These are the programs that were established in the 1890s, 1910s, 1920s, the ones that sell great players on their schools not only because of gleaming gyms and awesome weight rooms, but because it gives them a chance to wear the same uniforms as guys named Alcindor and Walton, Chamberlain and Manning, Jordan and Worthy.

Which new name might become household in the next week?
Maybe Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina, the guy with the nickname "Psycho T," whose iconic picture is one of him bleeding with a broken nose after receiving a bone-rattling elbow in a game against archrival Duke last season.

Or Kevin Love, the sensational freshman who has fit into a veteran lineup at UCLA that is making its third straight trip to the Final Four.
Or Brandon Rush, the guard who has led Kansas in scoring all of his three years in college but has finally helped himself and his long-suffering coach, Bill Self, to the Final Four.

Or Derrick Rose, the Chicago kid who went to Memphis, chose jersey No. 23 and reminds many of the Windy City's most famous hoopster, Michael Jordan himself.

"It's little ol' Memphis against all these prestigious programs," Tigers guard Chris Douglas-Roberts said. "That's what it is, just little ol' Memphis."
Not so little, though.

The Tigers, at 37-1, need one more win to set the single-season record for victories by an NCAA Division I team.

They picked up most of those wins in Conference USA, a so-called "mid-major" conference that doesn't command the respect of the Big 12, Pac-10 or Atlantic Coast Conferences, where the other teams come from.
Indeed, this Final Four is as much about where they come from as where they're going.

These teams have history on their side — and a chance to make some more.

Bearcat
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
And Roy said when he had said he would die a Jayhawk, he thought Doherty would be at UNC for 15-20 years. So, for 15 years he's was this aw-shucks kind of guy, and he says one thing wrong and he's a deceitful lying bastard traitor? (not that anyone in particular here said it... some are still that bitter)

Departing could have been handled better, but like it's been said, it could have also been handled much better on the UNC side, too (and media, of course).

Like I said in another thread, winning titles at UNC has nothing to do with not winning them at Kansas. It's not like he just started trying a few years ago. He gave 15 great years to Kansas, and after a few skeptical years, I think we're just as well or better off with Bill Self. Don't get me wrong... I know I won't have warm-fuzzy feelings if UNC wins it all, and I know if KU wins after going through UNC it will provide some closure between "just as well off" and "better off".

I'm just not all that wrapped up in that storyline. I want the best for Kansas for the Jayhawks' sake, and that has nothing to do with Roy Williams.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2008, 04:02 PM
And Roy said when he had said he would die a Jayhawk, he thought Doherty would be at UNC for 15-20 years. So, for 15 years he's was this aw-shucks kind of guy, and he says one thing wrong and he's a deceitful lying bastard traitor? (not that anyone in particular here said it... some are still that bitter)

Departing could have been handled better, but like it's been said, it could have also been handled much better on the UNC side, too (and media, of course).

Like I said in another thread, winning titles at UNC has nothing to do with not winning them at Kansas. It's not like he just started trying a few years ago. He gave 15 great years to Kansas, and after a few skeptical years, I think we're just as well or better off with Bill Self. Don't get me wrong... I know I won't have warm-fuzzy feelings if UNC wins it all, and I know if KU wins after going through UNC it will provide some closure between "just as well off" and "better off".

I'm just not all that wrapped up in that storyline. I want the best for Kansas for the Jayhawks' sake, and that has nothing to do with Roy Williams.

I agree. I'm still ticked at Roy leaving us, especially after him saying he wouldn't. But I don't care what crowd you're in, either the "thanks for the great years, Roy" or the "Die Roy!" it's always great to beat your old coach, friend or teammate. Always.

Ari Chi3fs
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
I have this little bitterness in my heart towards UNC. Dean Smith polluting Roy's mind prior to that NC game in 2003, was unacceptable. Dean Smith is a piece of shit with NO honor or respect towards HIS alma mater, yet played that card when dealing with Roy to come back to HIS alma mater.

Dean Smith could have come back to Kansas in 1983, when we hired Larry Brown... but he chose not to. Yet, he BEGGED Roy to come home.

**** Smith. **** Roy Williams. **** UNC in the neck on Saturday. Im ready for blood.

POND_OF_RED
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Handsjob only ends up with 2 fouls all game while we fouled out Jackson Kaun and Authur....

I am expecting Handsjob to compelety and freely hack us to death with zero calls...

Leave it to a KU fan to complain about the refs 140 hours before the game even tips.

DJay23
03-31-2008, 09:34 PM
I grow tired of hearing how Roy gave KU everything he had for 15 years (his words I believe, I'm paraphrasing). He wouldn't even recruit the whole country. Considering that, he did a phenomenal job to get the talent that he did and I am so thankful for all of that, but don't tell me you gave me your all, because you didn't. It's that simple.

Dean Smith is Judas as far as I'm concerned.

Buehler445
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Leave it to a KU fan to complain about the refs 140 hours before the game even tips.

Dude, the officiating has been downright aweful all tournament, not just when it is boning KU.

ROYC75
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM

Searching for ammo ? Kinda sucks when the MU arsenal is out of ammo .:D

POND_OF_RED
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Searching for ammo ? Kinda sucks when the MU arsenal is out of ammo .:D

I just find it ridiculous to say anything about the refs a week before the game. It's as if some KU fans are already searching for excuses if this game doesn't somehow go there way. I know not all of you are like this, but I've never personally met a KU fan to take a loss as a loss. They always have some excuse mainly the officiating or that the team they played pulled it out of there ass and they will never shoot like that again in there lives. Although most of you seem to have a realistic view that this game is a tossup, some will still come on here if KU loses and swear that the better team did not win.

ROYC75
03-31-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm going to watch it .......:D :KU:

ROYC75
03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I just find it ridiculous to say anything about the refs a week before the game. It's as if some KU fans are already searching for excuses if this game doesn't somehow go there way. I know not all of you are like this, but I've never personally met a KU fan to take a loss as a loss. They always have some excuse mainly the officiating or that the team they played pulled it out of there ass and they will never shoot like that again in there lives. Although most of you seem to have a realistic view that this game is a tossup, some will still come on here if KU loses and swear that the better team did not win.

NEWSFLASH : ALL sports teams have fans like this, it's nothing new and it will never stop. There are no teams anywhere with perfect fans........ NO PLACE, NO WHERE.

Stop looking at the minority and seek the majority when looking at a teams fan base.

POND_OF_RED
03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
NEWSFLASH : ALL sports teams have fans like this, it's nothing new and it will never stop. There are no teams anywhere with perfect fans........ NO PLACE, NO WHERE.

Stop looking at the minority and seek the majority when looking at a teams fan base.

I understand this but I will continue to assume you are ALL like this. It makes it so much easier to hate everything KU stands for this way...:D

ROYC75
03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
I understand this but I will continue to assume you are ALL like this. It makes it so much easier to hate everything KU stands for this way...:D

MU fans = uneducated , No wonder most KU fans think MU fans are a bunch of Ozark Hillbillys ! ;) :D

POND_OF_RED
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
MU fans = uneducated , No wonder most KU fans think MU fans are a bunch of Ozark Hillbillys ! ;) :D

Say what you will but this week I have nothing against Ozark Hillbillies. In fact I will be rooting for one of them. :thumb:

Bearcat
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM

I don't keep track of who complains about the refs, since so many people (Chiefs fans, Kansas fans, etc) do it, so I don't know what his intent was.... but in general I don't think it's necessarily an attempt to make an excuse a week before the game. It's a legit complaint against a kid that intentionally draws contact and gets a lot of calls. I Googled him and this one sums it...

Amid the booing of referees that began with about 15 minutes left in the first half of the Tar Heels-Hoyas game, John Thompson III received a technical foul. Thompson’s complaint is one that has been levied at UNC since the arrival of Tyler Hansbrough, the latest “anointed one;” there is one set of rules for the bull in a china shop that is Hansbrough and therefore all the Heels and another set of rules for their opposition.

I've seen fewer calls in the most recent UNC games I've watched, and Hansbrough gets to the line less, and he has to adjust and stops trying to flail into defenders. But, it's still a huge factor considering one of the first things people talk about with Hansbrough is that he loves to go to the free throw line.

Hell, last night ESPN was talking about how Kansas can throw fouls at Hansbrough because of their depth. It's a f***ing key to the game? I know depth is a very noteworthy factor, but this is supposed to be Kansas/UNC, not the Big East tournament.

A few crappy calls on defenders with their feet planted and arms straight up could be 6 points and the game. I think if he's getting those calls early, bring in Aldrich and he can give him some of that contact he loves so much... :evil:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0304/ncb_u_hansbrough_195.jpg

http://uncbasketballupdate.com/images/hansbrough-dockery.jpg

ROYC75
03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Say what you will but this week I have nothing against Ozark Hillbillies. In fact I will be rooting for one of them. :thumb:

ROFL I BET YOU WILL , THAT HILLBILLY WAS SUPOSE TO COME TO KU. ....... :doh!:

Bearcat
04-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Did anyone see the opening to PTI about how KU and Davidson will have to replay the final 16 seconds of the game?

I thought it was an obvious joke, but they argued for the entire 90 seconds, which made me a little nervous. :p It was funny.