PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets - People not giving them up..

dtebbe
03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Despite all the doom and gloom predications, season ticket holders must not be giving up their seats. I just called for my upgrade day, and there was nothing but singles in the lower level, nothing in club, and the best uppers were 305 row 16.

From what I've seen in the past, I'm really not surprised.... people (myself included) keep holding on hoping for a miracle.

DT

Deberg_1990
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
People dont want to give them up because they are afraid the Chiefs will be good again 2 to 3 years down the road.

They are willing to wait it out a few years.

Now, if the Chiefs go through 1 or 2 more seasons like last year, you might start seeing some significant numbers of drops.

StcChief
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Suckers

morphius
03-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I personally thank all the people that keep their tickets, it keeps it likely that I will get to see the Chiefs on TV.

tooge
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I have too much fun tailgating and hanging with my pals to give up the tix. I have had them since 1988 and about 14 of us all sit in the same section within 4 or 5 rows. we have it too good to give em up. I will be that guy that is still there if they go 1-15 for three years in a row.

King_Chief_Fan
03-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I personally thank all the people that keep their tickets, it keeps it likely that I will get to see the Chiefs on TV.

Carl Peterson thanks them more than you. He will likely keep his job until the tickets sales fall off.

stlchiefs
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I have too much fun tailgating and hanging with my pals to give up the tix. I have had them since 1988 and about 14 of us all sit in the same section within 4 or 5 rows. we have it too good to give em up. I will be that guy that is still there if they go 1-15 for three years in a row.

Carl and those of us who watch on TV thank you. YOU are a real Chiefs fan. :clap::D

BigRedChief
03-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Not renewals. It's this program.............

*VIP Clubs*
Join one of the pricey VIP packages and see how good your seats can be!

The WOLFPACK CLUB is designed for the best fans in professional football — YOU! Named after the great tradition of avid Kansas City fans who have made Arrowhead one of the most exciting places in the country to enjoy football, the WOLFPACK CLUB, located in the Pavilion at Arrowhead, is designed to make your game day experience even better!

Membership Benefits Include:

Admission to the Pavilion, Home of the Wolfpack Club, throughout game day (including playoffs!).
*****Preferred stadium seating - new or upgraded*****
Option to acquire special Wolfpack Club parking passes for Chiefs games - avoid the trek from the outer limits.
Private entrance to the stadium with pass-out privileges to enjoy the Club throughout the game.
Guest privileges to accommodate that unexpected out of town guest or special client.
The fun of a tailgate party with the comfort and ease of no set-up or worries about the weather.
A variety of delicious foods and beverages available for purchase from KC’s favorite restaurants. For entertainment purposes, members may also prepay for food & beverages for their guests.
Transferable membership.
Chiefs and Wolfpack Club merchandise specially priced for members.
Special discounted pricing for private functions and banquets.
The Pavilion features:
The Chiefs History Wall display.
HDTV’s and two 161” projection screens.
Spacious patio overlooking players’ entry.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1147444--><!-- THE POST -->

BigRedChief
03-31-2008, 03:22 PM
BTW, I only went down 6 rows this year also.

I still can't find anyone to split season tickets with me.

dtebbe
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Not renewals. It's this program.............

*VIP Clubs*
Join one of the pricey VIP packages and see how good your seats can be!

The WOLFPACK CLUB is designed for the best fans in professional football — YOU! Named after the great tradition of avid Kansas City fans who have made Arrowhead one of the most exciting places in the country to enjoy football, the WOLFPACK CLUB, located in the Pavilion at Arrowhead, is designed to make your game day experience even better!

Membership Benefits Include:

Admission to the Pavilion, Home of the Wolfpack Club, throughout game day (including playoffs!).
*****Preferred stadium seating - new or upgraded*****
Option to acquire special Wolfpack Club parking passes for Chiefs games - avoid the trek from the outer limits.
Private entrance to the stadium with pass-out privileges to enjoy the Club throughout the game.
Guest privileges to accommodate that unexpected out of town guest or special client.
The fun of a tailgate party with the comfort and ease of no set-up or worries about the weather.
A variety of delicious foods and beverages available for purchase from KC’s favorite restaurants. For entertainment purposes, members may also prepay for food & beverages for their guests.
Transferable membership.
Chiefs and Wolfpack Club merchandise specially priced for members.
Special discounted pricing for private functions and banquets.
The Pavilion features:
The Chiefs History Wall display.
HDTV’s and two 161” projection screens.
Spacious patio overlooking players’ entry.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1147444--><!-- THE POST -->

You are probably right...

DT

Deberg_1990
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
BTW, has there ever been any talk with all the stadium improvements that the CHiefs will ask people to start paying for PSL's?? Personal Seat Licenses.

wazu
04-01-2008, 07:53 AM
This is depressing. Section 305? Really? They must have given first crack to all of the club level people that they were kicking out. It's the only explanation. What you are describing sounds worse than after a playoff year.

BigChiefFan
04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
That's funny, because the Red Coater I spoke to said they were hearing alot of complaints and had several non-renewals, myself included.

HonestChieffan
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
BTW, I only went down 6 rows this year also.

I still can't find anyone to split season tickets with me.

I sent a link to your deal to a friend in Nebraska. You may hear from someone who wants to split with you/

BigRedChief
04-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I sent a link to your deal to a friend in Nebraska. You may hear from someone who wants to split with you/
Yeah its pretty bad that I've got lower level seats 12 rows off the field on the aisle and I can't find anyone to split the tickets.

But then there are no major upgrades in seats because King Carl is holding them back for the Wolfpack club.

OnTheWarpath58
04-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah its pretty bad that I've got lower level seats 12 rows off the field on the aisle and I can't find anyone to split the tickets.

But then there are no major upgrades in seats because King Carl is holding them back for the Wolfpack club.

You know I'd be all over it, but I have no use for a 3rd ticket.

Plus, I won't have the money until closer to the season anyway.

wazu
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Despite all the doom and gloom predications, season ticket holders must not be giving up their seats. I just called for my upgrade day, and there was nothing but singles in the lower level, nothing in club, and the best uppers were 305 row 16.

From what I've seen in the past, I'm really not surprised.... people (myself included) keep holding on hoping for a miracle.

DT

FYI -

You might want to call back and try again. My call was this afternoon and I moved to 326, row 17. I think they actually mentioned row 10 in 305 being available. Anyway, for me it ended up basically meaning I moved down four rows, and over about 1.5 sections, but now it costs more. "Hit me again, Carl!"

Sandyskc
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
The seats reserved for the Wolfpack Club are lower level end zone seats.

BigRedChief
04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
The seats reserved for the Wolfpack Club are lower level end zone seats.
If thats true why haven't I been able to move towards the middle of the field from the endzone for the last 3 years? I know there has to have been some non renewals in the lower bowl.

dtebbe
04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
FYI -

You might want to call back and try again. My call was this afternoon and I moved to 326, row 17. I think they actually mentioned row 10 in 305 being available. Anyway, for me it ended up basically meaning I moved down four rows, and over about 1.5 sections, but now it costs more. "Hit me again, Carl!"

I already have good lower level seats, but I have 2 and 2 that are quite a distance apart. I've been trying to get 3 or 4 together for some time now. As far as upper level goes, I would only be interested in the first 5 or 6 rows. I had to pay pretty good $$ to get my hands on the seats I have, so it's pretty hard for me to let them go.

DT

slivo6
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
That's funny, because the Red Coater I spoke to said they were hearing alot of complaints and had several non-renewals, myself included.

Same here.

Rausch
04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Not a big shock. Even with idiots in charge basing your team off the draft is like buying a lottery ticket with good odds. With a FA you're paying for every bit of their production, sometimes more. You know what they offer.

A draft pick could be a complete bust or HOF player. We could always just get lucky with a few picks and be competitive from go...

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Had my appointment this morning and ended up moving over 2 sections.

Last year I forgot about my appointment and called in a week after it was scheduled and had a lot more options for moving than I did this year. I guess they are holding back seats for the wolfpack club.

Kerberos
04-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Yup

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4602166#post4602166

markk
04-02-2008, 11:31 AM
its sad that people are keeping them because the only way carl will ever get fired is if the fans decide we deserve better.

DenverDanChiefsFan
04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
its sad that people are keeping them because the only way carl will ever get fired is if the fans decide we deserve better.
I didn't keep mine, but I bought them for the first time this year:D

The microcosim of chiefsplanet complainers isn't reality for the entire Chiefs fan base - but it is fun to read sometimes.

BigRedChief
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Had my appointment this morning and ended up moving over 2 sections.

Last year I forgot about my appointment and called in a week after it was scheduled and had a lot more options for moving than I did this year. I guess they are holding back seats for the wolfpack club.

Upper level or lower level?

Guru
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Damn, that is sad. I can't justify the expense for an entire season. I am doing good just to make one game per year.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Upper level or lower level?

upper

KcKing
04-02-2008, 11:25 PM
If thats true why haven't I been able to move towards the middle of the field from the endzone for the last 3 years? I know there has to have been some non renewals in the lower bowl.

The Midfield lowers are being saved for the VIP tailgate packages...