PDA

View Full Version : Chargers are the greatest Team Ever!

Hoover
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
:shake::shake:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10751950

sd4chiefs
04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
As long as I keep placing a bet(curse) on them to go to the Superbowl every year they are doomed to never win it all. :thumb:

Reerun_KC
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Sadly compared to the Chiefs, They are the greatest team ever...

Hell even Norv Turner can do something with them Marrty could never...

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Enh... SD is good, don't get me wrong. But the poor play of the AFCW helped them in 2007.

The Chargers were 5-1 in division play, and nobody will argue that the division sucked in 2007. And, after starting 1-3 ... they won 10 of their final 12 games.

Among the 10 wins...
Broncos 2X
Raiders 2X
Texans 1
Chiefs 1
Titans 1
Ravens 1
Lions 1
Colts 1

All I'm saying is that they didn't run wild on the league... they still won the division and won 2 games in the playoffs, including @ Indy. Nice job, but let's see what happens this year.

huskerdooz
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Although they are clearly not the greatest team ever, I can't say that I disagree with anything that was written in the article. Not that it made any new revelations or anything. Sometimes the truth just hurts.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
The AFC West is the San Diego Chargers and then the rest -- and the gap is widening.

There's nothing to shake your head about, it's the truth.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 11:11 AM
There's nothing to shake your head about, it's the truth.

But, it's not that big of a deal... the Chargers are good, but they're not elite in my opinion... it won't take dramatic change to even things up a bit in the AFCW.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
But, it's not that big of a deal... the Chargers are good, but they're not elite in my opinion... it won't take dramatic change to even things up a bit in the AFCW.

Not elite? LOL. Sad to say, but the only thing holding that team back was Marty Schottenheimer.

DaFace
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Not elite? LOL. Sad to say, but the only thing holding that team back was Marty Schottenheimer.

I think you're being blinded by the fact that we suck so bad. they're better than us for sure, but I still wouldn't put them anywhere near "elite."

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Yea, they have a much better coach now:spock:

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Yea, they have a much better coach now:spock:

Uh, they damn near went to the Super Bowl without their starting RB and with a gimpy QB. Wake up. Clearly Turner is head and shoulders better than Schottenheimer as a schemer.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
:shake:Uh, they damn near went to the Super Bowl without their starting RB and with a gimpy QB. Wake up. Clearly Turner is head and shoulders better than Schottenheimer as a schemer.

:shake: They lost to the same team they lost to the year before.

Wake up? For Turner? Please.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:32 AM
:shake:

:shake: They lost to the same team they lost to the year before.

Wake up? For Turner? Please.

I'll just let the results speak for themselves. The Chargers will again go deep into the playoffs next year, it's just stupid to think they won't. Most Chiefs fans don't like to admit their team is purely outclassed in every way, but in this case, it's a fact.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll just let the results speak for themselves. The Chargers will again go deep into the playoffs next year, it's just stupid to think they won't. Most Chiefs fans don't like to admit their team is purely outclassed in every way, but in this case, it's a fact.

You think just because a massively talented team wins some games that their coach all of a sudden becomes a great coach? Wake up.

Hoover
04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I think they look elite compared to the rest of the division last year if you look at their record, but not when you watched the games.

I think the Raiders, Broncos and yes the Chiefs will be improved this year. I also think that LT isn't as dominant as he has been in the past. If Rivers has to carry that team they are in deep trouble.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:42 AM
You think just because a massively talented team wins some games that their coach all of a sudden becomes a great coach? Wake up.

They didn't make Schottenheimer look like a great coach.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I think they look elite compared to the rest of the division last year if you look at their record, but not when you watched the games.

I think the Raiders, Broncos and yes the Chiefs will be improved this year. I also think that LT isn't as dominant as he has been in the past. If Rivers has to carry that team they are in deep trouble.

Rivers did have to carry that team against New England in the playoffs. Say what you want about him, he manned up and performed.

OnTheWarpath58
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM

IMO, it's exactly the opposite.

Rivers put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs last year when it mattered most.

If LT had to carry the team, I'd fear he'd be on the bench pouting before long.

OnTheWarpath58
04-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Rivers did have to carry that team against New England in the playoffs. Say what you want about him, he manned up and performed.

Agreed, obviously.

You were submitting as I was typing, apparently.

Psyko Tek
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I just like these quotes

General manager Carl Peterson is starting to take a lot of heat in Kansas City, and rightfully so.

This is a critical draft for Peterson -- and Herm Edwards.

and yes sandy eggo should own the division this year, the only team in the west to stop them is sandy eggo

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 11:53 AM
They didn't make Schottenheimer look like a great coach.
They didn't make Norv look like one either which is why I can't figure out why you're on his jock.

Brock
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
They didn't make Norv look like one either which is why I can't figure out why you're on his jock.

Because they won 2 playoff games in his first year there when they didn't win a single one in all the previous years with Schottenheimer. I'm NOT arguing that Turner is the greatest coach ever. Just that he's not the roadblock Schottenheimer was.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Because they won 2 playoff games in his first year there when they didn't win a single one in all the previous years with Schottenheimer. I'm NOT arguing that Turner is the greatest coach ever. Just that he's not the roadblock Schottenheimer was.

Fair enough, but I think he Will end up costing them.

Like a certain game in SD last year.

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Fair enough, but I think he Will end up costing them.

Like a certain game in SD last year.

??? LOL at what some people around here think is important.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 12:07 PM
??? LOL at what some people around here think is important.

It COULD have cost them home field advantage, and it might happen in the playoffs. Basically Norv IS the achilles heel on that team.

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:11 PM
It COULD have cost them home field advantage, and it might happen in the playoffs. Basically Norv IS the achilles heel on that team.

Uh huh. We'll see.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Uh huh. We'll see.

You must be being hardheaded just for the sake of being hardheaded. You couldn't possibly believe that Norv should be the captain of such a talented ship.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Uh huh. We'll see.

Can't wait.

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:24 PM
You must be being hardheaded just for the sake of being hardheaded. You couldn't possibly believe that Norv should be the captain of such a talented ship.

He hasn't done anything wrong yet. He's just as likely to win the Super Bowl next year as the Patriots are.

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Can't wait.

Yeah, I bet you can't wait for those meaningful September victories again.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I bet you can't wait for those meaningful September victories again.

Actually I was talking about another squandered season by "the most talented team in the league". SB or bust. I bet bust. I love it.

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Actually I was talking about another squandered season by "the most talented team in the league". SB or bust. I bet bust. I love it.

Yes, well, you'll probably be seeing them in the playoffs for the next few years, so you'll have a lot of it to look forward to. Meanwhile, KC will most likely still be laying crop circles and amazing their fans.

Bowser
04-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Meanwhile, KC will most likely still be laying crop circles and amazing their fans.

This is a funny and sad statement all rolled into one.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, well, you'll probably be seeing them in the playoffs for the next few years, so you'll have a lot of it to look forward to. Meanwhile, KC will most likely still be laying crop circles and amazing their fans.

Wearing your Rivers jersey right now are ya?

Brock
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Wearing your Rivers jersey right now are ya?

Why yes, I am, True Fan. Do you have your big red foam finger on?

Bill S Preston
04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
His analysis was the average Pisco drivel. We had a number of key guys go under the knife this offseason, and their recovery will make or break our season. I think that we'll struggle early again but pick it up later in the year. In regards to the draft, we need to get a starter at RG, and depth at RT. We need better depth on the defensive line, and maybe a corner later in the draft, though this will depend on whether Norv and AJ see him playing nickel or safety next season. We don't need any more wide receivers or ILB's. We're more than set at both positions with plenty of young talent.

StcChief
04-01-2008, 12:59 PM
SD is good, got to AFC Championship without LT.
every year is different, have they peaked?

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Why yes, I am, True Fan. Do you have your big red foam finger on?

Took you a while to edit that. You must be thinking real hard.

Seriously though. I envy you. At least you always have a team to root for.

Brock
04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Took you a while to edit that. You must be thinking real hard.

Seriously though. I envy you. At least you always have a team to root for.

I don't "root" for anyone, One Of Carl's Tard Fans. I do know when I'm getting ripped off though. Do you?

Brock
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Herm Good Coach. Herm Better Than Norv.

shyguyms
04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Norv Turner is one of the worst 3 coaches in the NFL sadly Herm is worse

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't "root" for anyone, One Of Carl's Tard Fans. I do know when I'm getting ripped off though. Do you?

Oooh name calling. Very intelectual of you. Since I don't buy merchandise, and won't go to a game until they shape up, I don't feel I have been ripped off at all.

I'm sorry you fell for Carl's shit. Don't take it out on the rest of us, and for god sake man pull the lightning bolt penis out of your mouth.

Brock
04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Oooh name calling. Very intelectual of you. Since I don't buy merchandise, and won't go to a game until they shape up, I don't feel I have been ripped off at all.

I'm sorry you fell for Carl's shit. Don't take it out on the rest of us, and for god sake man pull the lightning bolt penis out of your mouth.

My acknowledging a superior team as being superior doesn't equal engaging in your favorite pastime in the mens room.

Brock
04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Jesus. Dumbass homers. :rolleyes:

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
My acknowledging a superior team as being superior doesn't equal engaging in your favorite pastime in the mens room.

That's the spirit.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Jesus. Dumbass homers. :rolleyes:

Flustrated are we?

Brock
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Yay! Dur, we beet them last September. Hooray Herm!

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Yay! Dur, we beet them last September. Hooray Herm!

I said that NORV gave that game to us on a silver platter, and instead of recognizing the fact that he is the teams weak link, you see it as a defense of Herm, and start blowing Norv. Get it together man. Your anger is clouding your judgment.