PDA

View Full Version : I miss the old Eddie Murphy

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
You know, when he was funny and stuff.....sigh..

C.I.L.L. My landlord...Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8NR7jZCYs

Hymietown

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HE14Xn3RjFQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HE14Xn3RjFQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Velvet Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5c_d-aeOA

evolve27
04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Boogie In Your Butt-Classic Eddie Murphy

Hilarious the first time I heard it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4le6Zr86ojs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4le6Zr86ojs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Rausch
04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't even feel like he got shafted. It's like I went to bed one night and when I woke up he just sucked. He went from genius to lame...

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't even feel like he got shafted. It's like I went to bed one night and when I woke up he just sucked. He went from genius to lame...

I think he just grew old, became a family man and lost his edge.

He was only like 20-25 when he was huge.

Rausch
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Family man?

Probably not...

Thig Lyfe
04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I liked him in Bowfinger. And Shrek.

Those are probably the two most recent movies he was legitimately (if at all) funny in.

Rausch
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I liked him in Bowfinger. And Shrek.

Those are probably the two most recent movies he was legitimately (if at all) funny in.

I really like him in Shrek.

I think he's one of those guys that has to have boundaries and then you can go let him run and play inside them.

"Kids movie. You play second fiddle. You're a jackass. Run with it..."

Easy 6
04-01-2008, 10:26 PM

Thats right, he's like an old rock band...you can only stay cutting edge for so long.

Then you start churning out formulated poop like Aerosmith etc. The High-Life changes people.

Also, and i dont give a fukk what Dane McCloud says...Hollywood warps people (they start thinking they're somehow better & smarter than the rest of us, seen it with mine own eyes)...thats why the smart ones dont live there full time.

Demonpenz
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
it makes george carlins run impressive although i don't like his athiest rants

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree wit Pauly shore who said blacks can get away with anything and other races can't.

Double standard.

If a white guy wrote a bit about Negrotown or it's non-pc colloquial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquial) slang term then what would happen?

Michael Richards?????

Thig Lyfe
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I agree wit Pauly shore who said blacks can get away with anything and other races can't.

If a white guy wrote a bit about Negrotown or non pc colloquial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquial) slang term then what would happen?

If you ever find yourself agreeing with Pauly Shore about anything, it's probably time to take a step back and examine who and where you are in life.

But thanks for the Wikipedia link for the word "colloquial". I woulda been TOTALLY lost without it!!!!!!

Thig Lyfe
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM

Why? Not a fan of cognitive dissonance?

Thig Lyfe
04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Michael Richards?????

I didn't know threatening to lynch some black audience members constituted a "bit".

Frazod
04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I recently picked up both Delirious and Raw. It really is a shame that he doesn't do stand-up anymore. Of course, from most things you hear about him, he seems like a Class A prick.

Easy 6
04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Of course, from most things you hear about him, he seems like a Class A prick.

Yep, he's one of the many stars with the "dont look him in the eye" rule for PA's, extras etc. on set.

A jaded Hollywood fukk.

Logical
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Thats right, he's like an old rock band...you can only stay cutting edge for so long.

Then you start churning out formulated poop like Aerosmith etc. The High-Life changes people.

Also, and i dont give a fukk what Dane McCloud says...Hollywood warps people (they start thinking they're somehow better & smarter than the rest of us, seen it with mine own eyes)...thats why the smart ones dont live there full time.

Yea Jimmy Stewart was all ****ed up later in his career.
Same thing with Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Tommy Lee Jones and Charlton Heston man they all sucked in their later years.

Logical
04-02-2008, 12:04 AM
If you ever find yourself agreeing with Pauly Shore about anything, it's probably time to take a step back and examine who and where you are in life.

But thanks for the Wikipedia link for the word "colloquial". I woulda been TOTALLY lost without it!!!!!!....

Frazod
04-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Yep, he's one of the many stars with the "dont look him in the eye" rule for PA's, extras etc. on set.

A jaded Hollywood fukk.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that? (Not that I have any trouble believing it.)

Easy 6
04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Yea Jimmy Stewart was all ****ed up later in his career.
Same thing with Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Tommy Lee Jones and Charlton Heston man they all sucked in their later years.

Oooh, consider me nailed.

Do you really want me to go into the list of fukkups, idiots & egomaniacs that goes on much further than yours???

If so, i'll get back to you tomorrow...i dont have all damned night, some of us have to work tomorrow.

Easy 6
04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you know that? (Not that I have any trouble believing it.)

Read it in Variety magazine, like you say...its not so hard to believe.

Logical
04-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Oooh, consider me nailed.

Do you really want me to go into the list of fukkups, idiots & egomaniacs that goes on much further than yours???

If so, i'll get back to you tomorrow...i dont have all damned night, some of us have to work tomorrow.

I bet you for every 0ld star that is a jaded ****-up, there is an old established star that would make my list.

The true ****ups don't get to be old stars for the most part.

Logical
04-02-2008, 12:16 AM
By the way proof that you can become an arrogant prick living well away from Hollywood look no further than

Johnny Depp and Marlon Brando

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-02-2008, 01:18 AM
He thinks he's an actor.

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2008, 01:29 AM
If Eddie had simply had the courtesy to wreck his life and die young we'd all have remembered him in a better light.

That's definitive proof that he never really cared about us.

Rausch
04-02-2008, 01:58 AM
If Eddie had simply had the courtesy to wreck his life and die young we'd all have remembered him in a better light.

That's definitive proof that he never really cared about us.

Or himself.

Hell, he could afford the good drugs...

BWillie
04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Darkness!!! Darkness is approaching!!!!

**** yo couch. Go buy another one you rich mother ****er

http://www.msprotege.com/members/peepsalot/rick_james_couch.gif

Valiant
04-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Norbit was good..

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Or himself.

Hell, he could afford the good drugs...

He may not even leave us with an embarrassing mug shot.

Selfish comedic-genius-for-a-few-years prick.

Thig Lyfe
04-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Evidently you have never seen Steve Martin doing comedy. Hell I seem to recall an entire movie about him believing he was black that made fun of all the stereotypes.

You're not talking to me, right?

Logical
04-02-2008, 02:37 AM

Double standard.

If a white guy wrote a bit about Negrotown or it's non-pc colloquial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquial) slang term then what would happen?

Michael Richards?????
Evidently you have never seen Steve Martin doing comedy. Hell I seem to recall an entire movie about him believing he was black that made fun of all the stereotypes.

Logical
04-02-2008, 02:37 AM
You're not talking to me, right?Sorry quoted wrong post, my error

InChiefsHell
04-02-2008, 07:33 AM

I don't think George Carlin has been funny since the 80's...maybe the early 90's.

Saw him here in Omaha and people were actually getting up and leaving...he was going off on these 3-5 minute rants about the world, and people (myself included) were like "George, make us laugh or STFU!"

His old bits were great. Now he's just a crotchety old bastard...

Baby Lee
04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't think George Carlin has been funny since the 80's...maybe the early 90's.
Never effed a ten. but one night I effed 5 twos, and think that should count.

One of the best lines, well delivered.

InChiefsHell
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Never effed a ten. but one night I effed 5 twos, and think that should count.

One of the best lines, well delivered.

Yep. That and the "Everyone needs a place for their stuff" bit...

"You ever notice how you never seem to get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed..."

StcChief
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Read it in Variety magazine, like you say...its not so hard to believe.maybe they don't wanna talk to media, for fear of things taken in sound bit out of context.

I wouldn't talk to them.

Demonpenz
04-02-2008, 08:51 AM
White comics can get away with black jokes as long as it's funny. Ralphy May

JohninGpt
04-02-2008, 08:57 AM
White comics can get away with black jokes as long as it's funny. Ralphy May

Right, in the '70's and '80's Steve Martin and Mel Brooks could get away with anything they wanted, but they were both hilarious. Just Watch "The Jerk" or Blazing Saddles" or "History of the World, Part I".
Of course Mel is Jewish...

Adept Havelock
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM

Saw him here in Omaha and people were actually getting up and leaving...he was going off on these 3-5 minute rants about the world, and people (myself included) were like "George, make us laugh or STFU!"

His old bits were great. Now he's just a crotchety old bastard...

I'd disagree. His last HBO special was one of the funniest shows he's ever done, IMO.

Right, in the '70's and '80's Steve Martin and Mel Brooks could get away with anything they wanted, but they were both hilarious. Just Watch "The Jerk" or Blazing Saddles" or "History of the World, Part I".
Of course Mel is Jewish...

Yep. Imagine the outrage if he had made Blazing Saddles today, or the "Last Supper" scene from History of the World. People would be calling for boycotts and for him to be run out of town.

Anybody think a modern Norman Lear could get away with "All in the Family" these days?

PC is killing comedy. :shake:

Demonpenz
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
in my own opinion if something is funny it will be accepted. There are plenty of politically incorrect movies today. soul plane, pootie tang, etc.

gblowfish
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Eddie Murphy is a comic genuis who has made some bad movies. Same with Steve Martin. Eddie as Stevie Wonder or James Brown, or his Bill Cosby impersonation, all gold.

Steve Martin is also funny as Hell. And George Carlin is as influential to comedy as Richard Pryor, both pioneers in the 70's of saying exactly what was on their minds, using their own honest way of expressing themselves.

Few comics today touch any of these guys. Dane Cook? Please...