PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball League Advice

Hoover
04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
So I'm in a 10 man head to head Fantasy Baseball league with my older brother and a bunch of his buddies from work. My brother calls me a few nights back and asks me what I think about him trading Mark Teixeira and Scott Kazmir for David Ortiz and Justin Verlander.

I told him that I'd be all over that but then gave him a bunch of crap about how he is always getting the better end of trades with his work buds. So being the dickhead brother I am I offered the dude Derek Lee and James Shields for Ortiz and Harang. I was just trying to let the dude know he has some trading options and was looking for a counter offer.

Well the dude took the deal and my brother cried like a little bitch why I laughed my ass off. He and 3 other dudes voted against the trade (CBS League) so it went to the League Commissioner (CBS) for approval. So today I notice the deal was approved.

I then get a note from my brother saying I can't believe that CBS let that Ortiz trade thrugh. I am worried that if we don't fix it, this will be a "fun" league and no one will want to pay any $$$. They are pretty ticked at Will.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

Two years ago my brother traded Kalihl Green for Ryan Howard which he still talks about till this day.

RJ
04-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I'm not sure "the dude" made such a bad trade. Derek Lee is healthy now and has a really nice lineup around him, while Shields should improve on last season based upon nothing more than increased W's as the Rays look like a much better offensive team. My guess is that the deal won't look too bad for either team come September. No way I'd have voted against it, I don't know why anyone would.

Prince22
04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Don't worry about it. It happens every year in our league. People nit pick entirely to much with trades. People don't know the reason behind the veto. It's there to keep people from cheating. Like letting another manager have all his players to stack his team so they could split the pot (assholes tried to pull this shit off in my league and went as far as to drop all his players, it didnt fly). Yeah you got away with one obviously, but teams sometimes have to give up a lot to get what's best for their team (i have no clue what he'd get out of this one though). I'm thinking he was worried about Papi's knee and wanted to get rid of him.

Guru
04-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Ask Mecca.

Hoover
04-02-2008, 08:44 AM
He also thought Papi could play 1st base, but he is only a DH in our league until he plays 5 games at 1st. My brother called this morning and now his tune was that he voted it down because it would make my team too good. What BS. I do have to say I think my team is now loaded.

C: Geovany Soto
1st: Lance Berkman
2nd: Chase Utley
3rd: Adrian Beltre
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Alfonso Soriano
OF: brad Hawpe
OF: Corey Hart
DH: David Ortiz

SP: Fausto Carmona
SP: Aaron Harang
SP: Chris Young
SP: Rich Harden
SP:Tim Lincecum
SP: John Smoltz

RP: JJ Putz

Bench: Kerry Wood (RP)
Bench: Brad Lidge (RP)
Bench: Yovani Gallardo (SP)
Bench: Francisco Liriano (SP)
Bench: Rickie Weeks
Bench: Kosuke Fukudome

I drafted the majority of these guys. I made the following transactions.

1. Picked up Richie Weeks off waivers
2. Traded Travis Hafner for Lance Berkman
3. Traded James Shields and Derek Lee for Ortiz and Harang