PDA

View Full Version : Any News on the Star BB?

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 12:31 PM
I realize I might piss some people off by asking, but I was wondering when it gets back up. It is troll infected, mall-minded, and overpopulated with thread starters, but its where the majority of us Planet Regs got started.
I miss my old gig as BB Chaplain.
Who knows? Even after being the Planet Pariah (hi, Packfan!), I might just stay here even when the Star BB opens back up. I won't ask which BB you will use more when the season begins. The new Star BB is supposed to be high speed, low drag, etc...

KCJ
Planet renter-with-option-to-buy:confused:

bishop_74
08-11-2001, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I kind of wonder what the plans are. I am assuming it will be up soon. I'm not as fond of Pigskin park for some reason. I am not sure why. I wouldn't mind seeing them back up.

Tribal Warfare
08-11-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by KCJohnny
. I won't ask which BB you will use more when the season begins.

Heck I'll answer that anyway CHIEFS PLANET . This place is the mecca of all KC Chief BB's.

Nelson Muntz
08-11-2001, 01:54 PM
I don't like Pigskin Park either, it was cool when it started but damn its been dead lately. I never knew what tumbleweeds sounded like until the other day when i went over there and thats all i heard other than cfs and oleman bitching about bush to themselves.

I'm here to stay, even if the star does open back up. i'll visit there but this will be my home.

alanm
08-11-2001, 02:09 PM
I think they are all equally good. Though Pigskin seems to dwell too much on NFTs Which are moot topics since football has begun. I'd like to see the star bb come back. But no one ever said that it was coming back. I miss the trolls :D

keg in kc
08-11-2001, 03:11 PM
I don't know that I'd be too awfully surprised if the Star BB doesn't show up again. Just a "feeling" I have...

aturnis
08-11-2001, 03:21 PM
Pigskin park is like your mom dude...........it blows dogs for quarters!!! JK JK:D

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 03:42 PM
I thought for sure they said it would be back up at the end of the summer with a ton of high-tech improvements.

KCJ
Keeping his rent paid at the Planet

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 03:45 PM
aturnis just supplied one of the main reasons the Starr BB could be such a sewer.

There goes the neighborhood.

htismaqe
08-11-2001, 04:32 PM
Well, IF the Star does bring it's BB back it better be good...

We've managed to keep it troll free here for almost a year, we just upgraded hardware, and we're rocking and rolling...

I, for one, won't be bi-boardal...

As for the Park, it's dead...it never was truly alive...there wouldn't be anyone there if you know who posted over here...

MrBlond
08-11-2001, 05:11 PM
I for one will not return to the Star. I came over late but have seen this board grow by leaps and bounds. Membership is up and the posters are without a doubt the creme de creme.

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Why, thank you Mr. Blond!
(you were referring to me, right?)
;)
KCJ

Luzap
08-11-2001, 06:25 PM
What do stars and pigs have to do with anything?

Luz
knows where his home is...

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 06:30 PM
Stars reflect light to the Planets and the bovine that live there...

;)

California Injun
08-11-2001, 06:45 PM
Speaking of bovines....

What's Malone up to these days?:p

MrBlond
08-11-2001, 09:37 PM
KCJ,

Yes I was! Among others. No one else elicits more response than you. Not even Ken.

KCJohnny
08-11-2001, 10:13 PM
Thank you, MrBlond!
KCJ

Saggysack
08-12-2001, 04:39 AM
Pigskin park is like your mom dude...........it blows dogs for quarters!!! JK JK

You know if she is for hire I have 5 dogs that could use her services?

Rausch
08-12-2001, 05:18 AM
I WOULD love to see the Star bb get back up and running. I loved that place, and it's what got me addicted to this posting stuff to begin with...

But, like many an exgirlfriend, given the oppertunity to return I would probably respectfully decline. I'd show up to say hi and ask how you're doing and such, but then go back "home."

I didn't want to come here, and did so out of it being the best option available. Many here didn't WANT star bb persons to arrive. But now that I'm here, I like it. I'll be staying...:cool:

Saggysack
08-12-2001, 06:05 AM
I was posting in the now defunct Rivals then after they shutdown I kinda moonlighted over to Gawd awful Nepa for awhile, and after a long long time away I went there last week and JD Prez banned me from his BB(OH NO Big Loss..LoL), I simply asked him if he was making any cash off of that CD Single he is pimping and bam I try to go back later, and I find out he had banned me, anyway no big deal there. I eventually found my way here by having alittle disagreement with KPhobia at PigSkin Park. But I will admit coming to this BB was 1 of my best internet choices for me by far.

milkman
08-12-2001, 09:08 AM
Brad,
Where did you get the idea that the planeteers didn't want stargazers here?

I think I can honestly say that the only people that planeteers didn't/don't want here is trolls.

This is a place where we can all talk football, or other subjects, whether we agree or disagree.

alanm
08-12-2001, 09:27 AM
Cooter, You know that Phil is one of the moderators here don't you? :D

TCB
08-12-2001, 09:33 AM
I miss the Star BB.
It was the working mans BB.
You could go there and talk football.
It wasn't run by a bunch of guys with their preconceived notion of what I needed to hear.

Mr Blond says "the posters are without a doubt the creme de creme". Translation: This board is dominated by a bunch of guys who are sucking money from their employer by spending time on this BB instead of doing their job.

htismaqe says " We've managed to keep it troll free here for almost a year". Like your doing me a favor? Thanks Dad, but if I am tired of a troll and his babble I won't read his/her post. I don't need YOU to make that determination for me.
"As for the Park, it's dead...it never was truly alive...there wouldn't be anyone there if you know who posted over here...
What does that mean?

The point is these boards should be an open forum for everyone to participate in who wants to discuss football, particularly Chiefs football.

ken man

BTW Mr Blond, I have been busy this summer but speaking of creme de creme where is joe seahawk?

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 09:36 AM
You guys are what makes this place great. I'm glad you're all here.

Even you, Chaplain! :D

By the way, you can be the Chaplain of this board too if you want. I'm an admin, I can make you anything I want. :D

KCJohnny
08-12-2001, 09:42 AM
I graciously accept your appointment, Brother Parker.
Now all of you get off the BB and go to Church!!!
;)
KCJ
Newly installed BB Chaplain

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 09:43 AM
It wasn't run by a bunch of guys with their preconceived notion of what I needed to hear.

What the hell does that mean? You have a problem that we remove trolls? Otherwise, we allow anything and everything. I think you have the wrong idea of who "runs" this board. There are alot of people that post ALOT on here. They aren't admins.

Translation: This board is dominated by a bunch of guys who are sucking money from their employer by spending time on this BB instead of doing their job.

Whatever, dude. Why are you so bitter? Did one of the Planet members kill your dog? Get over it. The posters here, for the most part, were regulars on the Star board, myself included. So what's the difference?

htismaqe says " We've managed to keep it troll free here for almost a year". Like your doing me a favor? Thanks Dad, but if I am tired of a troll and his babble I won't read his/her post. I don't need YOU to make that determination for me.

Wow. All I can say to that is that you're one of the few that doesn't appreciate the board being troll free.

What does that mean?

Almost all of the people that post at the Park also post here. One of the reasons that they post there is because people like Denise refuse to post here. If those people did post here, the Park would be even more dead than it is now.

The point is these boards should be an open forum for everyone to participate in who wants to discuss football, particularly Chiefs football.

It is. But you're obviously too miffed about something to see that.

Radar Chief
08-12-2001, 09:45 AM
But, like many an exgirlfriend, given the oppertunity to return I would probably respectfully decline. I'd show up to say hi and ask how you're doing and such, but then go back "home."

That’s a good way to put it Brad. I agree.
I found my way here from the Star BB via the PSP BB and since this board was last modified, much faster refresh rate and cool features, I hope that I’ve found my new “first stop when I get on the inter-net”. Besides, most of the people I recognize from the old Star BB are here already.:D

By the way, when do I get rid of this freak’n “Lurker” tag, it’s annoying.
:mad:

milkman
08-12-2001, 09:46 AM
TCB,
Yes this board is dominated by posters that post from work, but so was the Star BB.

I'm a blue collar worker, without computer access at work, that thinks that this board is the best by far, because the people on this board discuss their opinions with each other, even if those opinions differ.

On the the other BBs, posters that disagree often resort to namecalling.
That doesn't happen here nearly as much.

And how many times was the Star BB down, because a troll was spamming the board?

And Joe Seahawk is a planet regular.

stevieray
08-12-2001, 10:00 AM
There is a reason this board came about in the first place. The principles that were not enforced on the Star are the backbone of this board.

Oh, and people here can ADMIT they are wrong....

Anyone remember the original logo idea?

Saggysack
08-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Cooter, You know that Phil is one of the moderators here don't you?

yes I know, it was a simple disagreement about Bobby Bowden/Marvin Minnis/FSU. no bashing on eachothers part, actually it was very civil for a BB.

HC_Chief
08-12-2001, 11:26 AM
back up at the end of the summer with a ton of high-tech improvements

HA! HAHAHAHAHA!! You may or may not already know that I work in the bustling world of IT(information technology). As a professional in the industry, let me give you an informed opinion of the KC Star's technical staff: dumbass mofos with their heads firmly implanted in rectal area whilst sucking their collective thumb.

That site was poorly designed and coded... the CGI scripting there was atrocious. The down time was unbelievable(though we ran into a bit of that here before Kyle got the database and ISP problems straightened out). First HTML posting was allowed, then it was taken away. They had so many bugs and glitches, it wasn't even funny.

Worst part: nazi admins! Those a-holes <i>censored</i> everything! NFBT? Not allowed. Disagreements? Not allowed. I had my account there banned becaue I disagreed with the resident raiderfan... err gannon fan. I created a new one - but it was banned when I said I would start posting over here!?

Screw the Star and their crappy server. Rot.

JOhn
08-12-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by htismaqe
Translation: This board is dominated by a bunch of guys who are sucking money from their employer by spending time on this BB instead of doing their job.

Whatever, dude. Why are you so bitter? Did one of the Planet members kill your dog? Get over it. The posters here, for the most part, were regulars on the Star board, myself included. So what's the difference?

[/B]

Now that you mention it, that kinda peeves me too. Were can I find a job were I can post from work?

JOhn

upset no one has tipped him to one of those easy jobs :)

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 11:55 AM
HC:

The whole reason this BB exists is because a few of us know how to do it better than they did...

JOhn,

I'm a professional contractor. Not only do they pay me ridiculously for my skills, I do basically whatever I want. I don't charge them for the time I spend on the BB, so I'm not hurting anybody...

JOhn
08-12-2001, 12:01 PM
No prpblem htismaqe, J/C anyway. But it would be nice. But I can't say I wouldn't mind. Of course one can always keep trying. :)

alanm
08-12-2001, 01:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you get your cherry popped and get rid of the lurker tag after 30 posts. I could be wrong though :D

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 01:26 PM
Yep, 30 posts gets rid of it...

KCJohnny
08-12-2001, 01:30 PM
HC_Chief wrote:

Worst part: nazi admins! Those a-holes censored everything! NFBT? Not allowed. Disagreements? Not allowed. I had my account there banned becaue I disagreed with the resident raiderfan... err gannon fan. I created a new one - but it was banned when I said I would start posting over here!?

You MUST be talking about some other Star BB. It took an act of Congress to get some people censored. That was after they had wrecked the BB with spam, cursed out everybody and their moms, insulted the regulars and used profanity and tasteless expressions ad infinitum.

Now, if you really call that 'nazi', what the heck do you call this?

I for one am glad that this BB is monitored astutely but your recollection of the Star BB is totally different from mine.

The proclivity toward name calling is not something I would encourage.

KCJ

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 01:32 PM
Johnny,

Those people you speak of were the trolls, and yes, even after 600 posts in a couple of minutes you couldn't get them to remove a spammer.

But one thread about Clinton and your account was banned. My account was banned twice for inviting people to the Planet. However, I could have easily posted "**** YOU CHIEF ****ERS" over and over and over again and they would have done nothing...

TCB
08-12-2001, 01:47 PM
htismaqe, Sorry, I guess I have a problem with censorship of any type. I feel I have so few rights left but thats a NFT. I appreciate the job you and the other mod's do. My time on here is limited so the less trash I have to sift through the better.

Still don't think it's right to get paid to chat on the planet. I'm probably just jealous.

ken man

glad the heats gone for awhile

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 01:57 PM
The ONLY time censorship is used is to control spamming... otherwise EVERYONE has the ability to go into their options and set the BBS to ignore certain users... so as long as a person is posting in good faith... than ALL opinions are welcome...

That was one of the BIGGEST reasons that this board was created...

Yes, we try to keep profanity to a minimum but again... that is an automated feature.

I think you'll find that quite a few members here (myself included) find censorship to be appalling... but there has to be some system in place to keep the BBS clear of SPAM...

--Kyle

P.S. Opinions like the ones on this thread... are ALWAYS welcome... without them... we can never improve...

Luzap
08-12-2001, 02:06 PM
I can only speak for myself, but as a Moderator, I've only felt the need to intervene a few times over the course of the entire last year.

This has been one of the most spam free BBs that I've ever known.

If someone has to have the power of censorship, I guess the best thing to do is put it into the hands of people that don't believe in using it.

Luz
hates censorship...

HC_Chief
08-12-2001, 02:09 PM
No Proctor, I'm not talking about another (piece of sh*t) BB - htis already touched on it. The admins there would turn a blind eye to spamming jackasses, yet ban someone for the most trivial of comments (such as: "Hey, there's a new Chiefs BB up called ChiefsPlanet - it's pretty nice . Here's the URL"... BAN!)

/methinks the resident raiderfan... err gannonstalker was an admin there. It would explain quite a bit... :rolleyes:

TCB
08-12-2001, 02:13 PM
OK guys I appreciate your diligence and appologize once again.
I am sure it is a thankless job.

I appreciate you keeping this BB Spam free!
I never liked Spam anyway, never was sure just what was in it!
I hear the Hawaiians like it though.

ken man

wishes he was more puter savy

AustinChief
08-12-2001, 02:20 PM
TCB,

no problem,

I think its always good to be reminded of how we should be acting... even if it isn't a problem... it helps keep it from ever becoming one!

--Kyle

TheFly
08-12-2001, 02:21 PM
This board, frustrating in the past due to the technical and ISP issues, is still far and beyond the best board for the free exchange of ideas, arguments, and just plain nonsense!

Did someone say "football"????

And now it's powered by kryptonite!

;)

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Hey, TCB, don't sweat it, man...

We're not into censorship, that was one of the reasons we came here. As a rule of thumb, I don't intervene in a thread unless it's 1) hurtful to the extreme or racist or 2) chewing up alot of system resources. It's not about censorship here, it's about keeping it clean enough to allow people an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for the comments, every little bit helps. Enjoy your stay.

PS. In Hawaii, Spam is a delicacy. It's sick. :D

Phobia
08-12-2001, 05:53 PM
KCJohnny,

I never considered you a temporary, man. I've always considered you the BB Chaplain as well. I didn't realize you had a "problem" with this place. I hope we get everything worked out and can convince you to stick around. I enjoy your posts and while I disagree sometimes, I'm a homer too. I can let go of the ex Chiefs employees a little more readily than you, but I don't consider blind loyalty a character fault....

AlanM -

My moderator status really means nothing other than I remove spam/inappropriate content and ban trolls. I'm JUST a regular poster just like everyone else. I hope nobody feels that they must treat me differently just because I perform janitorial duties here.

Luzap
08-12-2001, 06:03 PM
KPhobia,

Nah ~ We'd treat you differently no matter what :D

Luz
sometimes it's just too easy...

Phobia
08-12-2001, 06:08 PM
-Thanks Sir Moderator.

I knew I wouldn't be "let down". :D

Wishing I was in Dallas tonight for the game though! Had an invite to watch the game with another BB resident in Austin but I had to come back to Houston today.