PDA

View Full Version : Too Close For Comfort: Man shot in my apartment's parking lot last night

KCChiefsMan
04-02-2008, 03:03 PM
This is pretty scary, that could have easily been me. There is a police station right across the street too, so I guess that's just a false sense of security. Damn, I hope the guy is alright and hopefully this doesn't happen again. I'm moving out of here in mid-may, maybe I'll make it sooner than that.

A man was shot several times early today while in the parking lot of a northwest Oklahoma City apartment complex, authorities said.

View More Top Ten Categories... Anthony Bullard, 37, was taken to OU Medical Center, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. Police didn't know his condition.

About 2:15 a.m., Bullard was trying to leave the parking lot of the Invitational Apartments, 3959 NW 122, in his car when a man approached him, Knight said.

"Bullard saw the black man reach for a gun and Bullard took off in his car," Knight said. "The shooter shot at Bullard several times, striking him several times."

Bullard drove across the street to the police department's Hefner station, where he told officers he had been shot, Knight said.

The shooter got in a vehicle and was last seen driving westbound on NW 122, Knight said.

Frazod
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Sobering, ain't it? I used to live in the Albany Park neighborhood of Chicago - a complete shithole area on the northwest side. Heard gunshots regularly, got mugged, had to chase some scumbag out of my apartment at gun point, etc. Gotta love those wacky Latin Kings. Anyway, the kicker was when some guy got his brains blown out right across the street from my building. It happened at 6:00 on a Tuesday night. I worked 10 minutes late that night and I missed the shooting by 10 minutes.

I moved shortly after that. That was enough.

ArrowheadHawk
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Sobering, ain't it? I used to live in the Albany Park neighborhood of Chicago - a complete shithole area on the northwest side. Heard gunshots regularly, got mugged, had to chase some scumbag out of my apartment at gun point, etc. Gotta love those wacky Latin Kings. Anyway, the kicker was when some guy got his brains blown out right across the street from my building. It happened at 6:00 on a Tuesday night. I worked 10 minutes late that night and I missed the shooting by 10 minutes.

Wow. Rough neighborhood.

KCChiefsMan
04-02-2008, 03:18 PM

ya, this is a first for me. OKC seems kinda like the ghetto's are spread out, one block is a nice neighborhood, a couple blocks down it's pretty ghetto. I mean, I don't live in the ghetto by any means. My apartment complex is in a nice residential area across from a police station. Then you go down a few blocks (which is about 3 or 4 miles) it's ghetto. I'm glad I'm moving out of here, but the same could happen anywhere, especially in Boston where I'm moving. But I'm moving to West Roxbury, which is fine and definately not a lot of crime there. But Roxbury is the freakin' hood, will just have to stay clear away from that.

Frazod
04-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow. Rough neighborhood.

Yeah, that was not a happy place (although the apartment itself was very nice - a real shame it was in such a crappy location). Later I lived in Rogers Park, another jewel of urban blight on the far north side. However, the street I lived on in that neighborhood was in sort of a neutral zone between two really bad areas, so I never had any trouble there.

There's a lot more to Chicago than the Loop and Wrigley Field, and trust me, most of it sucks.

Demonpenz
04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I live on off of bannister

Deberg_1990
04-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I live on off of bannister

How is that area lately? Havent been around there in years, but ive heard its a great place to raise a family! :)

markk
04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
sounds like someone shoudl invest in a glock

Braincase
04-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Happened to me down in Wichita in '95. I was working a double shift, but ran home from 4:30 to 5:30 to grab a bite to eat. Some guy was dead in the parking lot, tapped in the head and chest. Apparently he was associated with the Semi-pro football team down there and a reputed drug dealer, and some guys were looking for drugs and cash.

Another time some clown was in the parking lot hlding on to a couple of Asian neighbors of mine, wouldn't let 'em go. I yeled at him, and next thing you know he's trying on the hood of a neighbors car trying to jump up onto my balcony. I grabbed a golf club, I think it was a 2 iron, and I clubbed him once and he fell onto the hood of the car. Called 911, they guy ended up having priors and warrants.

Fruit Ninja
04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Eh, happens all the time. All you have to do is be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When i was stupid in my younger years. i had my house shot at a few times. Thats when i realized what i was doing was stupid. I put my families health in danger over something they had no part in. Was a changed person after that.

gblowfish
04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I grabbed a golf club, I think it was a 2 iron, and I clubbed him once and he fell onto the hood of the car.

Does that mean you laid up, or shot at the pin?

Cntrygal
04-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Very scary.

When I was looking at houses - there was a SWEET deal on this practically new house (built in '05), the neighborhood looked run down - so I went to the sherriff's station and asked about the address. In that block alone, there had been 172 calls in the last 12 months - ranging from assults, break-ins, vandalism etc etc. The hell with that! The deal wasn't worth it IMO. Later I found out that the whole area is a sex offender haven. Definately not worth the price - even though they were practically giving the house away.

Cntrygal
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Anyway - glad you guys are all okay and becareful out there!

RustShack
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd carry a gun if I were you... if you see a black guy reaching in his pocket pop him and hope he was reaching for a gun to kill you first...

Deberg_1990
04-02-2008, 04:48 PM
if you see a black guy reaching in his pocket pop him and hope he was reaching for a gun to kill you first...

Why just a black guy??

CrazyPhuD
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I'd carry a gun if I were you... if you see a black guy reaching in his pocket pop him and hope he was reaching for a gun to kill you first...

That's why you always carry two guns. The first one is yours, the second is clean with no serial number. That way the perp always was trying to pull a gun on you! But I didn't say that. STFU

Skip Towne
04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Does that mean you laid up, or shot at the pin?

I'd have choked down on a 5 wood.

stlchiefs
04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Why just a black guy??

You didn't hear? They are the only ones that commit any crimes. :rolleyes:

Fat Elvis
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
ya, this is a first for me. OKC seems kinda like the ghetto's are spread out, one block is a nice neighborhood, a couple blocks down it's pretty ghetto. I mean, I don't live in the ghetto by any means. My apartment complex is in a nice residential area across from a police station. Then you go down a few blocks (which is about 3 or 4 miles) it's ghetto. I'm glad I'm moving out of here, but the same could happen anywhere, especially in Boston where I'm moving. But I'm moving to West Roxbury, which is fine and definately not a lot of crime there. But Roxbury is the freakin' hood, will just have to stay clear away from that.

Going to MIT to finally make that sex robot?

|Zach|
04-02-2008, 05:56 PM

:spock:

Buehler445
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
HOLY SHIT! Am I the only dude here that hasn't been shot up? Braincase, you need a 12 gauge, not a golf club.

Boon
04-02-2008, 07:10 PM

And you hate Kansas?

alanm
04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
HOLY SHIT! Am I the only dude here that hasn't been shot up? Braincase, you need a 12 gauge, not a golf club.
I've been shot at. Never been hit though. Oh the stories I could tell. :)

Simply Red
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
DUCK!