PDA

View Full Version : Jets run on 3 down and 4. Guess the OC?!

everyone's mom
08-11-2001, 06:59 PM
think K.C.

yup

Paul Hackett

Boomer Esiason just wondered aloud why they ran on 3rd. and 4, and then it popped in my head, Hqackett is the Jets OC. Poor bastard fans don't know what's comin'!!

htismaqe
08-11-2001, 07:14 PM
yeah, I was thinking about that this afternoon when Mark Malone and the crew were raving about the Jets offense...

I was screaming at the TV "Have you forgotten that Paul Hackett is the Offensive coordinator?"

5decadechiefsfan
08-11-2001, 08:23 PM
I also was thinking about it earlier today when wondering if Marty would be booed or cheered. EXCEPT for hiring Hackett--and keeping him for so long--Marty did a terrific job in KC...but what a miserable mistake!!

5decadechiefsfan
08-11-2001, 08:28 PM
By the way em, I see that we HAD the same # of posts. If I'm not mistaken, this post(#25) will upgrade me from "lurker" to "regular"...I'll know in a few seconds.

everyone's mom
08-11-2001, 10:08 PM
Herman Edwards was a secondary coach in KC under Marty...that's how he knows Hackquett. Man, he should know better.

milkman
08-12-2001, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by 5decadechiefsfan
I also was thinking about it earlier today when wondering if Marty would be booed or cheered. EXCEPT for hiring Hackett--and keeping him for so long--Marty did a terrific job in KC...but what a miserable mistake!!

Uhh, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but to say that Marty did a terrific job is just wrong.

Yeah, he got the Chiefs into the playoffs, but found a way to lose when he got them there.
He's also the guy that replaced Hackett with Raye, that hired Stock, and hired little brother.
Not to mention guys like Joe Pendry and Dave Adolph.

That's sounds like a who's who of who sucks.

The only good coordinator he hired while Chiefs' HC was Bill Cowher.

And, unlike most, I don't think Gunther wasa good coordinator. He was inconsistent at best, and unable to make adjustments quickly when offenses caught up to his schemes.

KCJohnny
08-12-2001, 09:53 AM
What if the RB would have gained the 1st down?
Some of you guys have a quick trigger finger when it comes to ex-Chiefs. Most of you are the same ones sponsoring a 'wait and see' attitude about DV/AS...

KCJ
Bets the Jets O will be strong

Mi_chief_fan
08-12-2001, 09:55 AM
Didn't Tony Dungy coach under Marty?

milkman
08-12-2001, 10:03 AM
MCF,
Yes, Dungy worked for Marty, but as a position coach, not as a coordinator.

I think Marty had some pretty good position coaches in his time, he just didn't seem to have a clue which would be good coordinators.

Or his ego wouldn't allow him to hire someone that could possibly be his replacement at the coordinator spots.

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 10:52 AM
What if the RB had gotten the first?

Fine, that's once. But when you do it over and over again, and it only works once out of 10 tries, that's pretty stupid.

One success does not constitute being "successful". That requires consistency. The only thing that Marty/Hackett/Gunther/Raye were consistent at was blowing the big game...

Rain Man
08-12-2001, 03:23 PM
I like having Hackett in the league...as long as he's destroying another team with his hackneyed calls. That's one fewer team that we have to fight for a playoff spot.

Here's hoping that Shanahan or Gruden steal him away from the Jets someday...

Oxford
08-12-2001, 04:43 PM
Hey 5 decade Chiefs fan, can you tell me why Priest Holmes should wear #45, and J J Moses should wear #1?????