PDA

View Full Version : Rice pursuing the VP spot...

Taco John
04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Dan Senor: Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

April 06, 2008 11:48 AM

ABCNews’ Mary Bruce Reports: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is actively courting the vice presidential nomination, Republican strategist Dan Senor said.

“Condi Rice has been actively, actually in recent weeks, campaigning for this,” Senor said this morning on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”

According to Senor, Rice has been cozying up to the Republican elite.

“There's this ritual in Washington: The Americans for Tax Reform, which is headed by Grover Norquist, he holds a weekly meeting of conservative leaders -- about 100, 150 people, sort of inside, chattering, class types,” Senor said. “They all typically get briefings from political conservative leaders. Ten days ago, they had an interesting visit -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice -- the first time a secretary of state has visited the Wednesday meeting.”

Senor explained that Rice’s history in public office would make her a prime candidate, especially in light of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s emphasis on experience throughout his campaign.

“What the McCain campaign has to consider is whether or not they want to pick a total outsider, a fresh face, someone a lot younger than him, a governor who people aren't that familiar with," Senor said. "The challenge they're realizing is that they'll have to have to spend 30 to 45 days, which they won't have at that point, educating the American public about who this person is.

“The other category is someone who people instantly say, the second they see that announcement, 'I get it, that person could be president tomorrow,'" Senor added. "Condi Rice is an option.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/dan-senor-condo.html

Taco John
04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Dear God, please, please, please...

Please make it so that the McCain campaign is about the incompetence of the Bush administration.

jAZ
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Dear God, please, please, please...

Please make it so that the McCain campaign is about the incompetence of the Bush administration.

I can't see how McCain is stupid enough to pick a Bush-era anchor who contributes nothing to the campaign that he needs (aside from an unnecessary racial/gender balance).

If he wants to do this, the Dems should help make it happen, but the GOP should keep him from committing political suicide.

Taco John
04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
It just shows how oblivious the woman really is. I know the type: brainiac when it comes to book knowledge, but without a lick of street sense.

The downside, though, is that the Democrats are spineless. They probably wouldn't attack like they should if McCain were to bring Condi on the ticket.

wazu
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Rice is a horrible choice. McCain should go with the babeticious governor from Alaska.

http://selflaugh.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sarahpalinsm.jpg

wazu
04-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah, also want to add that if McCain doesn't pick Rice then he is a racist.

wazu
04-06-2008, 10:18 PM
And a woman hater.

Thig Lyfe
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
For as silly as she made herself look at the 9/11 hearings, I think she's made it through the Bush administration relatively unscathed. I don't know if it would be a good choice, but I don't think it would be suicide, either.

Also, if we're going to look at this cynically (which we are), you gotta think that the GOP finds the prospect of balancing the minority issue appealing.

HolmeZz
04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Rice is a horrible choice. McCain should go with the babeticious governor from Alaska.

Couldn't find a bigger picture?

wazu
04-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Couldn't find a bigger picture?

Sorry...fixed.

Logical
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry...fixed.
Not until HolmeZz fixes his quote.:banghead:

jAZ
04-06-2008, 11:01 PM
For as silly as she made herself look at the 9/11 hearings, I think she's made it through the Bush administration relatively unscathed. I don't know if it would be a good choice, but I don't think it would be suicide, either.

Also, if we're going to look at this cynically (which we are), you gotta think that the GOP finds the prospect of balancing the minority issue appealing.

There are MUCH better ways to do that.

Colin Powell (not going to happen, but best choice)
Michael Steele
JC Watts
Alan Keyes

Logical
04-07-2008, 12:49 AM
There are MUCH better ways to do that.

Colin Powell (not going to happen, but best choice)
Michael Steele
JC Watts
Alan KeyesI think Alan Keyes is to preachy, JC Watts has some advantages, of course Colin POwell would make a top notch running mate, not really familiar with Steele.

Joe Seahawk
04-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Steve Largent.. :thumb:

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-07-2008, 01:58 AM
If Condi looked like this ??????

(removed pic.. a little over the top for this thread...)

Baby Lee
04-07-2008, 06:46 AM
“What the McCain campaign has to consider is whether or not they want to pick a total outsider, a fresh face, someone a lot younger than him, a governor who people aren't that familiar with," Senor said. "The challenge they're realizing is that they'll have to have to spend 30 to 45 days, which they won't have at that point, educating the American public about who this person is.
C'mon team McCain, it's worth the 30 days to tell American all about Bobby Jindal.

Oh, and CMWGY - thanks for the c#nthairs splashed across my screen.

Brock
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=Chiefmanwillgetyou;4670878]If Condi looked like this ??????

Are you ****ing retarded?

BucEyedPea
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I can't see how McCain is stupid enough to pick a Bush-era anchor who contributes nothing to the campaign that he needs (aside from an unnecessary racial/gender balance).
I can see McCain being stupid enough to do this. Remember, he was a poor student, not a terrific pilot and admits being weak on economics. Oh! And knows little about the ME. Sounds like a recipe for disaster part 2 and watch the conservatives still vote for him.

Taco John
04-07-2008, 09:04 AM
C'mon team McCain, it's worth the 30 days to tell American all about Bobby Jindal.

That would give me reason to consider McCain...

Cave Johnson
04-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Between the fact that black's usually vote D and that the minority would be on the bottom of the GOP ticket, I'd say Condi would draw exactly 8 votes against Obama. Maybe 10.

jAZ
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Between the fact that black's usually vote D and that the minority would be on the bottom of the GOP ticket, I'd say Condi would draw exactly 8 votes against Obama. Maybe 10.

I think the strategy isn't about drawing black voters, but white voters who see a vote for Obama as a vote for advancing race relations.

Taco John
04-07-2008, 10:19 AM
If McCain doesn't pick Condi, then he's committing treason.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
[quote=Chiefmanwillgetyou;4670878]If Condi looked like this ??????

Are you ****ing retarded?

:LOL:

:cuss:

:huh:

LMAO

whoman69
04-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Condi has all the charisma of Joe Lieberman, the political savvy of George McGovern, and the good looks of Alfred E. Neuman.

Adept Havelock
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
If McCain doesn't pick Condi, then he's committing treason.

I don't know about that, but he's certainly a traitor. ;)

Taco John
04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the constitutional correction...

you traitor!