PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

BucEyedPea
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
"The [New York State teachers'] unions late Tuesday were successful in banning student performance in the classroom from the tenure process."

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/318885.html

Chiefnj2
04-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Some schools in the city have classes divided into A, B and C. "A" being the brightest kids and C being the lowest level. If a teacher has the A class they would have a much easier time getting tenure if performance was measured as opposed to a teacher with the C classes.

StcChief
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
the idea of Tenure is completely outta place with the real world.

Adept Havelock
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
the idea of Tenure is completely outta place with the real world.

Not really. In it's original intent, it was established because of certain aspects of "the real world". Often teachers have to be free to teach a controversial or unpopular idea to do their job properly. They need to be able to do this without fear of recrimination from a superior or rival who disagrees or has an agenda.

Has the tenure system been badly abused? Most certainly. Is it still needed, with reforms? IMO, yes.

banyon
04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Some schools in the city have classes divided into A, B and C. "A" being the brightest kids and C being the lowest level. If a teacher has the A class they would have a much easier time getting tenure if performance was measured as opposed to a teacher with the C classes.

This doesn't fit with the anti-union invective though.

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2008, 01:17 PM
The billionth reason to privatize schools.

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
The billionth reason to privatize schools.

It'll never happen.

Who's gonna fund schools in South Central? North Hollywood? Hell, back in my day, who would have funded schools in Downtown KC or Wyandotte County?

If you want your child to have a private school education, you can pay for it. Sadly, I know that my wife and I will be paying for private. The public schools are horrific and will continue to be so in California until the Illegal Immigration issue is cleared up, and until a National Language Bill is ratified and passed.

Spanish-speaking only citizens are draining the US economy and the public school systems.

banyon
04-11-2008, 07:40 PM
It'll never happen.

Who's gonna fund schools in South Central? North Hollywood? Hell, back in my day, who would have funded schools in Downtown KC or Wyandotte County?

If you want your child to have a private school education, you can pay for it. Sadly, I know that my wife and I will be paying for private. The public schools are horrific and will continue to be so in California until the Illegal Immigration issue is cleared up, and until a National Language Bill is ratified and passed.

Spanish-speaking only citizens are draining the US economy and the public school systems.

Dodge city schools are about 65% kids of illegals. They keep raising property taxes to pay for it, since the illegals don't pay anything but some sales tax. That's just more motivation for the citizens to move somewhere else- and the vicious circle continues.